DQ System Update?

Options
bluestuffzzz
bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Sparkie, I'd like to direct your attention to this thread which has been ongoing for one year (365 days exactly) on today. Can we get an update on how many more years it will take for this "new" system to be implemented? I'd really appreciate knowing, and I'm sure a lot of other people would as well.

Happy one year anniversary on a broken promise, PWE.
I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
I've been actively playing since late 2008.
Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
Post edited by bluestuffzzz on

Comments

• myishx1
    myishx1 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ermm how about never going to happen is my guess
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2014
    Options
    myishx1 wrote: »
    Agreed. Since we're seeing more of a movement towards removing the individuality from our version to bring it to the same status as the live PW-CN versions, I seriously doubt we'll see anything more than the codes we're currently getting for Arc.

Built-in-botting pretty much negates anything like the DQ system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Agreed. Since we're seeing more of a movement towards removing the individuality from our version to bring it to the same status as the live PW-CN versions, I seriously doubt we'll see anything more than the codes we're currently getting for Arc.

Oh, I'm well aware, lol. I still think that if they state something, they should follow through with it. It's kinda like the goon glitch fiasco when frankie went on and on about how something would happen, then nothing happened. Here we are a year later, and PWE still hasn't acknowledged their original statement.
  • tmllover
    tmllover Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    1 year is like 3 days in PWE time.

But seriously, they have given us a bunch of updates on the DQ if any of you bothered to read.

"we are working on something"
    "there will be a replacement for the DQ rewards"

Like how much more do you need? Look at all those words. That is hard work right there lemme tell ya.

Can you sense my sarcasm?

They cant even get their spend rewards right you think they are going to work some DW rewards replacement?

I cant wait to see how well their zen purchasing system in arc is implemented. Fails will fall from the sky.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    myishx1 wrote: »

If this is the case then it's way past time to remove the sticky and be done with it. DQ above 8x is about to become worthless and we don't really need this tease still in a sticky.

I personally would like to see the items which were on the old DQ page put into the event boutique myself since some weekly codes are event gold cards.
    Oh, I'm well aware, lol. I still think that if they state something, they should follow through with it.

ROTFLMAO!!! We're talking about PWI, right?
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I think now that it will be done, when PWI2 comes, since DQ items will be worthless, all of them.
    That way if you bot you can only get DQ rewards (I would assume they will also require more points than before).
    For the longest time I just thought there would be no system at all, now i think it will be implemented with PWI2.
    Anyway, either it is what I think or not, they have lied to us for over a year LOL The company behind this game is just awful... but still love the game itself which they take advantage of.

Mr. Justice
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »
    I think now that it will be done, when PWI2 comes, since DQ items will be worthless, all of them.
    That way if you bot you can only get DQ rewards (I would assume they will also require more points than before).
    For the longest time I just thought there would be no system at all, now i think it will be implemented with PWI2.
    Anyway, either it is what I think or not, they have lied to us for over a year LOL The company behind this game is just awful... but still love the game itself which they take advantage of.

Calling it PWI2 is kinda silly we all know it's just an update for our PWI. This entire subject is kinda mute tbh....we all should know by now that everything PWE does is geared more and more towards making money. DQ at this point is a joke with so many people on the server having quit or still quitting. Removal of the ability to hyper in FC (a move i really could care less about anyways) HAS had a severely negative effect on the population of the servers. Before that was the removal of TM 69 and 79....another blow to people that wanted to make money on top of selling FC runs or big room. At this point and time we should give up on the thought that Wanmei gives a **** about their word or about us gamers and realize they just want our money. Once that stops flowing they will just shut down the servers and focus on their other games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Calling it PWI2 is kinda silly we all know it's just an update for our PWI.

What do you suggest I call it then?lol The expansion is called PWI2, it doesn't have any other name, so, like it or not, we have to refer to it as PWI2.

Mr. Justice
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »
    What do you suggest I call it then?lol The expansion is called PWI2, it doesn't have any other name, so, like it or not, we have to refer to it as PWI2.
    We can call it whatever we want over here for the next couple of months, tbh. Over in China, the game was already PW2 before the expansion and we've always had different expansion names anyways (IE: Glory and Rebirth over there getting named New Horizons over here).

He probably thought you were treating it as a separate game, though. Which is somewhat understandable considering there are still people who think it's a brand new game and not an expansion.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited October 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    We can call it whatever we want over here for the next couple of months, tbh. Over in China, the game was already PW2 before the expansion and we've always had different expansion names anyways (IE: Glory and Rebirth over there getting named New Horizons over here).

He probably thought you were treating it as a separate game, though. Which is somewhat understandable considering there are still people who think it's a brand new game and not an expansion.

Not really i could tell he wasnt referring to it as another game...however calling it PW2 WILL confuse others. Much easier to simply call it what it is. An expansion to our current game. Calling it an expansion just makes more sense then saying PW2 for my above reasoning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Back on topic here's a thought. Instead of that old DQ rewards system why not just update the entire DQ quest chain to make it worth while again. It is so obsolete and outdated it really has no place in our current game state. Make the worthless DQ carry a lot of value and incentive within the quest chain. I say make the quest chain give event gold as a reward in value increments according to the DQ level. That pretty much streamlines the entire process in-game and retains the original purpose of removing the coin value of DQ and the DQ rewards system. It would work fine if the stuff that was in the DQ rewards page was offered in the event boutique.

• bluestuffzzz
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Bump, but interesting points all!

I mean, at this point in time (over a year since the last official news/thread pertaining to this system), I would welcome them coming out and saying it was a canceled venture and unsticking the read. The problem is, sparkie probably doesn't even know. His boss has *probably* told him to keep it stickied but given little to no word on what will happen.

Sparkie, we as a community implore you to delve into this topic and give some form of insight. I understand that often times it's something that may be above your head, but we have waited a year for your team to come to us with information! A whole year! That's a long time, considering the average human life span is around 70. That's 1/70th of the lifespan of an average human in modernized areas of the world. It may not sound like much, but waiting for a year just for some form of response on this topic is way, way, way too long.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Bump, but interesting points all!

I mean, at this point in time (over a year since the last official news/thread pertaining to this system), I would welcome them coming out and saying it was a canceled venture and unsticking the read. The problem is, sparkie probably doesn't even know. His boss has *probably* told him to keep it stickied but given little to no word on what will happen.

Sparkie, we as a community implore you to delve into this topic and give some form of insight. I understand that often times it's something that may be above your head, but we have waited a year for your team to come to us with information! A whole year! That's a long time, considering the average human life span is around 70. That's 1/70th of the lifespan of an average human in modernized areas of the world. It may not sound like much, but waiting for a year just for some form of response on this topic is way, way, way too long.

I would like to see this done....thanks for clearly giving a **** about our community of gamers and pushing to see stuff done. I am afraid though that we won't like any response we get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I personally would like to see the items which were on the old DQ page put into the event boutique myself since some weekly codes are event gold cards.

Yes! If we aren't going to get a replacement system, or if said system will take years more, PLEASE at least put random dyes into the event boutique.

But seriously, it would actually work as a replacement DQ system if you just add all the items we used to have available to the event boutique and made event gold more attainable (making it farmable somehow would be nice, since I did enjoy farming for the DQ system as it gave me a sense of accomplishment... but the weekly codes work if we get it fairly often).

What with botting being available now, it doesn't work at all to have a system that actually uses the DQ items. But with all the messups from charge rewards lately anyway I wouldn't think implementing something making use of points was a good idea at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I would like to see this done....thanks for clearly giving a **** about our community of gamers and pushing to see stuff done. I am afraid though that we won't like any response we get.

I said it before and i will say it again sparkie is the worst community manager I have seen this game have. he literally is starting to make frankie look like he was good. Would like to see a real CM for a change and before you say oh he has other games. Im pretty sure our last CM was from a different game. so there is many community managers. I would like to see this games CM do their damn job for a change and communicate.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Yes! If we aren't going to get a replacement system, or if said system will take years more, PLEASE at least put random dyes into the event boutique.

But seriously, it would actually work as a replacement DQ system if you just add all the items we used to have available to the event boutique and made event gold more attainable (making it farmable somehow would be nice, since I did enjoy farming for the DQ system as it gave me a sense of accomplishment... but the weekly codes work if we get it fairly often).

What with botting being available now, it doesn't work at all to have a system that actually uses the DQ items. But with all the messups from charge rewards lately anyway I wouldn't think implementing something making use of points was a good idea at all.

We already have random pigments in the event boutiqueb:puzzled
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Back on topic here's a thought. Instead of that old DQ rewards system why not just update the entire DQ quest chain to make it worth while again. It is so obsolete and outdated it really has no place in our current game state. Make the worthless DQ carry a lot of value and incentive within the quest chain. I say make the quest chain give event gold as a reward in value increments according to the DQ level. That pretty much streamlines the entire process in-game and retains the original purpose of removing the coin value of DQ and the DQ rewards system. It would work fine if the stuff that was in the DQ rewards page was offered in the event boutique.

This. No more getting DQ points by selling the items. Gain DQ points by doing DQ quests. Give people a reward to grind those, similar to Jolly Jones quests. Heck, toss untradeable dragon orbs (up to +8 or so) as a DQ point reward and those quests will become popular again. I very much doubt we'll see people botting the DQ quests, seeing as they are somewhat randomized - and refining to +8 is something most people do with eventgold as is.

@Doods: I'm sure sparks would be better if he could be CM of -just- Perfect World instead of having to divide attentions. The failure of this game's administration falls on the heads of PWI Inc management, for not having some people tending the community in both activity and removing undesirable elements (IE cheaters). It shows that PWI Inc. as a company is losing interest in their original game - and is probably trying to shift the playerbase onto Swordsman and/or Neverwinter.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    We already have random pigments in the event boutiqueb:puzzled

My mistake, I hadn't seen that... last time I needed pigments the only option was to buy fashion with event gold and break it down at the fashionista. Still, I'd rather see it buyable in the amount needed instead of groups of ten, like we'd been able to with DQ points. You rarely need them in factors of ten when dyeing something and at the steep price of 1 gold per dye I don't want to be buying more than necessary.

It would be easy enough to add the other things we'd had in DQ rewards to the event boutique, but it would be nice if there was a way to farm the gold. Revamping the Dragon Quest chain is a good idea since it is so outdated and unused anyway.

More than anything, it would be nice to just have some acknowledgement on this issue. Does anyone at management level even read these forums anymore?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    We can call it whatever we want over here for the next couple of months, tbh. Over in China, the game was already PW2 before the expansion
    China called 1.5.2 PW2. In fact, the download page says "Perfect World 2" that IS the expansion name for them

To make it more clear. current PWI server is 1.5.1 v115 The same "Glory and Newborn" expansion we are on right now. 1.5.2 is v126(I think) And called "Perfect World 2"
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    TBH I think it was all an intentional sham on pwe's part and they knew all along there would never be a replacement. The thread was just to keep people going thinking there would be something similar to one. This has been going on for over a year now? Please. It does not take a year to do this db driven applications are some of the easiest programs to use and code for. Stop being trolls and just own up.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited October 2014
    Options
    TBH I think it was all an intentional sham on pwe's part and they knew all along there would never be a replacement. The thread was just to keep people going thinking there would be something similar to one. This has been going on for over a year now? Please. It does not take a year to do this db driven applications are some of the easiest programs to use and code for. Stop being trolls and just own up.

I'm not comfortable about jumping on the 'sham' bandwagon. The upcoming expansion and other recent changes to the game has been a work in progress probably since before the DQ system ended and that DQ suggestion thread went up. I think maybe PWE's parent company and the devs just don't really know or worked on how to fit the DQ rewards system in with all these changes we've had and those coming. Correct me if I'm wrong but the DQ system was custom to PWI in response to the outrage of PWE's wiping out DQ coin value to combat a severe botting issue on PWCN even when PWI had no such issues. And at the time DQ rewards was announced to end PWE implemented a botting feature into the game client which could have been abused by botters just the same as flooding the economy with farmed coin and causing inflation. This is why I thought of suggesting that DQ rewards be part of a daily quest and the event boutique and not mass farmed by botting.

• Salari - Raging Tide
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Botting does not effect the economy that much at all and there have been various posts on the subject. It has very little significance compared to merchanting or instance farming. You could literally farm the 3 brim/eden bosses for a few hours and make more coins than a botter can in 24 hours. I could farm ribbons for less than an hour and make 2x that amount underselling other catshops. The phasing out of dq rewards started long before any of the recent updates and could possibly be stated even before r9 medals were removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide
    Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    b:laugh

As I said in the sticky: I love the idea of a 1 year Anniversary prize for waiting for an answer on the DQ System replacement. Come on PWI, show that love and team spirit for the 1 Year Anniversary !

b:dirty

Too bad we can never get an answer in a timely fashion. Too bad they won't tell us the truth.

BOHICA here's your b:kiss
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Botting does not effect the economy that much at all and there have been various posts on the subject. It has very little significance compared to merchanting or instance farming. You could literally farm the 3 brim/eden bosses for a few hours and make more coins than a botter can in 24 hours. I could farm ribbons for less than an hour and make 2x that amount underselling other catshops. The phasing out of dq rewards started long before any of the recent updates and could possibly be stated even before r9 medals were removed.

No. Merchanting and instance farming does not create coins, it generates items that you can sell for coins.
    Merchanting and instance farming only moves value around in the economy. Raw botting creates new coins, therefor diminishing the value of them. It has upset the balance between generation and removal by coinsink. And I bet that once the supply of coin is cut off by removing the DQ items, we'll be seeing the following in rapid succession:
    - Previous autoculti drones (mostly sins, archers and psys) will be leveled by their players as BH alts.
    - Multiclienting will become the norm even more then now, making instances like FSP and AEU hell since half the party will be continuously afk.
    - Gold prices will drop slowly and some cashers simply will withdraw from buying zen selling gold, figuring that they can use their reserves a while, lessening PWI revenue. PWI will likely react with a few sales.
    - Things will get busy at the Jollies again
    - People with custom bots will switch to mining (I already see this happening on Morai) since mining is not affected by earning time. Most likely those players combine mined resources with botted crafting mats and NPC the lot - that gives a few million a day as well. (Hint: This needs to be addressed too. Maybe limit the amount of things you can mine to 250 per day or so?)
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ehh well, as long as we keep getting these weekly codes I'll be okay with not having the DQ points back.

Don't get me wrong, I do want the DQ points back but at this point it's unlikely so I hope they stick to these weekly codes.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I've sent sparkie a PM in hopes that he, unlike our previous CMs, actually checks that inbox. If we don't get a response in a week or two, I'll start sending tickets I guess.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited October 2014
    Options
    No. Merchanting and instance farming does not create coins, it generates items that you can sell for coins.
    Merchanting and instance farming only moves value around in the economy. Raw botting creates new coins, therefor diminishing the value of them. It has upset the balance between generation and removal by coinsink. And I bet that once the supply of coin is cut off by removing the DQ items, we'll be seeing the following in rapid succession:

Even though you are partially right the majority of coins in the game come from cash shoppers and people grinding through the years, not massive botting. There has never been a significant amount of bots to make any type of impact on the game economy. Loosing a handful of regular cash shoppers on a regular downward pattern (weekly or bi-weekly basis) has a larger impact. If there was 100's or even a thousand bots on level 70+ mobs you may have a point. The most I ever saw (at least on RT) was around 70 dedicated botters some time after the botting system came out. Even then that is not enough to effect years of grinding. You are only talking a max of close to 700m a day not counting 2x. DQ comes from a variety of places just not the open map. I can guarantee I have made more coins from dq and random drops I npc'd farming tt than over the years than i ever could with botting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Even though you are partially right the majority of coins in the game come from cash shoppers and people grinding through the years, not massive botting. There has never been a significant amount of bots to make any type of impact on the game economy. Loosing a handful of regular cash shoppers on a regular downward pattern (weekly or bi-weekly basis) has a larger impact. If there was 100's or even a thousand bots on level 70+ mobs you may have a point. The most I ever saw (at least on RT) was around 70 dedicated botters some time after the botting system came out. Even then that is not enough to effect years of grinding. You are only talking a max of close to 700m a day not counting 2x. DQ comes from a variety of places just not the open map. I can guarantee I have made more coins from dq and random drops I npc'd farming tt than over the years than i ever could with botting.

The only way these cash shoppers are generating coin is via perfect tokens of best luck. Everything else is just coin (and gold for that matter) getting drained out of the economy via AH fees while what's left changes hands. And it's not that large an amount of cash shoppers actually generating tokens of best luck anymore. Unlike back when they were blaming Jolly Jones and TW pay for being the main causes of inflation.

The vast majority of coins generated, not circulated, ingame come from grinding (be it bots or otherwise), Jolly Jones Orders (cause people make alt armires to abuse it), and free money from BHs. Just about everything else is either a coin sink draining coin (IE: Nation Wars, anything sold in the AH, repairs thanks to running TT/Lunar/Warsong) or just a circulation of coin where coin we already have is changing hands and not actually being created (IE: Merching, farming instances, refine services).

There's a big difference between coin generation and coin circulation that's often overlooked around here. Generation is the thing that causes inflation because the coin sinks can't keep up with all the extra coin people have to throw around on average. Remember when having 10m made you a super rich elite? Now it's 10b because we have that much more coin to go around. Circulation, on the other hand, is just the coin going from one person to another without adding any more coin. John Doe winning a scroll of tome in a pack he buys with gold and selling it for 700m isn't making any coin. The 700m he has now was already in the economy and it's still there after he gets it. At this point, all he can do with the coin is either circulate it some more via buying stuff from another player, or drain it via NPC services/dropping the coin and making sure it isn't picked up until it vanishes.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Botting does not effect the economy that much at all and there have been various posts on the subject. It has very little significance compared to merchanting or instance farming. You could literally farm the 3 brim/eden bosses for a few hours and make more coins than a botter can in 24 hours. I could farm ribbons for less than an hour and make 2x that amount underselling other catshops.

I'll agree that the coin amounts are larger farming real instances, but do not discount the primary advantage to botting - it's done unattended. To run instances you need openers, and if you want the most $$ out of your time, a full-time catshop account. Not as much of a solo activity as it seems, certainly more complex than bottings "set and forget".
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Bots generally only do simple routines to minimize them getting stuck or killed. Running through an instance is not something simple for a bot to do, especially more difficult if a boss requires being interrupted or run away from, or other special catches that the newer bosses have been created to do.

Man this bot subject sucks, the International players have to deal with something because the Malaysian/Chinese parent has a cancerous disease....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010