NW needs changing

Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Nation Wars
I recently complained to PWI about the unfairness of Nation wars be cause i didn't get any supply tokens. They told me that these are the main factors...

1, Killing other attackers/defenders

2, time spend in an instant ( 5 minutes + they stipulated )

3, collecting flags, crystals & placing them into their respective areas

all these gain points.

Although last NW i followed all these said 'rules', i killed a few, grabbed a few flags etc i STILL got nothing but one thing puzzles me. If there are now so many lvl 95+ in there, loads of R9-RRR9 gears toons in there, how would a, say, lvl 80 stand a chance in there?

I actually witnessed an instance done in under 4 minutes so please PWI, explain why it seems the only way to win is to either be Rank 9/G16 or above?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Sir_comsizer - Archosaur on

Comments

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i often got 150+ tokens on my lvl 90 psy with tt90 gold gear. if you did not get points you are not meeting the min for any points to be put towards tokens. Since the last 2 major changes to nw the threshold is alot higher now to getting any tokens from the points you get. You left out two important details how many points to you get and what place was your nation
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i often got 150+ tokens on my lvl 90 psy with tt90 gold gear. if you did not get points you are not meeting the min for any points to be put towards tokens. Since the last 2 major changes to nw the threshold is alot higher now to getting any tokens from the points you get. You left out two important details how many points to you get and what place was your nation

I think my points total was 9k+ & yes i do know prizes vary to the position you come
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As far as I know you also should take part at least in 2 victorious battles and be there at the moment they end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I personally have not done NW in almost a year i think. I never had any issue getting plenty of tokens....the real trick is at least being in 3 winning battles all the way through. The more you participate the better, although it is difficult especially now without having pro gear it is not impossible. They won't change NW more except to make it more difficult. What they really need to do is find a way to stop all these people from running NW with multiple chars and cashing in for doing almost nothing....but again they probably won't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You don't need to kill anyone. CS has it wrong. You need to be present for 3 victories and have at least 5 mins of combat time. Also have at least 5k contribution unless you are in the 3rd or 4th place nation, then you better get at least 7k..
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Or, the way anyone with knowledge does it:

Get the flag twice (2 times) to it's designated spot. Done.

You don't need to win, to get any more points, to kill anyone, nothing.

Just bring in the flag 2 times and you get a reward 100%. Grab some speed pills and watch out for empty/not so crowded territories and get the flag twice. Yes. It is that easy.

There is simply no need to make it even easier then it is now. If one isn't even capable of bringing in a flag twice in a reasonable amount of time then tbh, they don't deserve any reward mainly because they are useless to their nation and to the flow of the game.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • mol1
    mol1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    NW needs change

Just one of them should be in different time zone.
    But thats not gonna happen cause .. laziness
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mol1 wrote: »
    NW needs change

Laziness ? I won't say PWE are not lazy people but this is not related to laziness in this case.
    I'm pretty sure there are less people that want the event to be scheduled at a different time than people that want this change.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    last nw we had a barb in squad a fac mate 90+ non rb in full TT90 gear he pulled over 20k con points 21.1 to be exact, in winnin nation and got 400 tokens .and most of us in squad was g16 -r9. He broke off from squad alot and got into alot more maps then we did.

We did somethign differant we try to get in many maps possible (figuring even low points of 300 wil stack well by the end) think the 100 pennies theory and made sure to engage opposing teams much as possible (for fight time) , Gotta keep eye on that "Fight TIme"

Higher Soulfource is more points
    longer fight time is more points
    longer battle time is more points max amount of points in a battle is 2150 (risky if under level and gear) cause 5 lives can go quick if u fighting op ppl.
    If u got low refines low soulforce basically and ur in map with bunch of ppl that just enter with +10s or higher they done suck up alot of ur points from effort.
    I once enter a crystal map it ended soon as i entered was a victory but i got over 1k points an all i did was enter.

This the best i think i can help u with. Being undergear or level dont mean its useless to go to NW. Just need to get the game flipped and u can make ur profits always just hope ur nations comes out on top too with a large gap of a winning. If ur Nation lets say 200 points more then all the others .. u gonna get a big share of the pie. If all nations poitns pretty close with each other theres not really a win -lose differance in token shares.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    First time Kitty did NW on after a loooong break was Kitty's lvl 60 non-rb HA-wizzie with dreamchaser-gears. Kitty ended up with 54 tokens in losing nation. It's not too hard to get tokens unless you do something badly wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • Infamous_me - Archosaur
    Infamous_me - Archosaur Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    First time Kitty did NW on after a loooong break was Kitty's lvl 60 non-rb HA-wizzie with dreamchaser-gears. Kitty ended up with 54 tokens in losing nation. It's not too hard to get tokens unless you do something badly wrong.
    ^ this. I went to nw for like 45 minutes last night and still received 121 tokens. If I go for like 30 minutes I still get tokens, and I dont have the best refines. If u go to a full nw and get nothing....Ur doing something wrong bro b:shocked
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mol1 wrote: »
    NW needs change

How about no? These are US servers. SO guess what? NW is going to be in the server's respectable time zone. Deal with it or don't go. Over people complaining about it's time.
  • SeaAnna - Archosaur
    SeaAnna - Archosaur Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    RRR9's can be killed if you go with a squad. It is not impossible to get tokens if you are not r9
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They should rebalance each of the maps so that points are awarded for actually DOING the requirements to win.

Capping and defending crystal on crystal map should be worth as much, if not more, as senselessly fighting people for no reason. As is I've solo capped the whole map, won it, and came in 2nd to the guy with gear who appeared and left right away.

CTF Should have X points for digging the flag, and Y amount of points for capping with it. The value of Y constantly diminishes the longer someone holds the flag. So basically the people who cap the fastest, get a really nice boost. The arcane who digs the flag and walks the whole way? Loses points. Either apoth or skill, or genie early. But a certain amount of negative should apply to the cheap and useless.

Bridge could stay as is, it's a mix of pvp and kill towers and such as is.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To my knowledge, the following is required to get a reward at all (one of the below must be met):
    - Carry a flag home. One suffices.
    - Be in combat time for 5 minutes on a map. Easiest way to do this is to solo an unoccupied tower map in one of the corners. Alternative is to use an unchallenged CTF map and beat on one of the immune NPCs near the enemy spawnpoints.
    - Participate in 3 battles that end in a victory.

What gives points:
    - Starting a battle, IE be the first on a map (low reward).
    - Having been on the map gives you a low reward (so moving around a lot and disengaging from unwinnable fights, IE maphopping, can really help low powered players).
    - Doing damage and killing enemies gives you a higher reward (duh).
    - Killing towers, capping flags and turning crystals gives you a mediocre reward.
    - Being in combat state can bump you to the top of the list in unchallenged maps. Attacking immune enemies on unchallenged maps, or briefly using one of your AOEs (Heavens Wrath as a cler for instance) can work wonders.
    - NW maps all have a value assigned to them, being 1, 3 or 5. Higher value maps give higher rewards, both to your nation and your personal score.

And for those of you who say map opening/hopping is lame, I say this: I don't have a Warsoul weapon yet. I don't have G16 ornies yet. I don't have a character that can survive the main R9RR+12 brawls yet. So yea, give me the tokens I need to be able to compete and then we'll talk again. Until then I'll hop as I please, gathering as many tokens as fast as possible so that in the near future I -will- be able to be more then oneshotfood.

And I agree that the rewards for actually accomplishing the objectives should far outweigh the mindless spawnraping I see in many of the clusterbrawls. But that's a dev issue, so I don't expect any improvement on it soon.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014

Those are the supposed requirements and what is awarded achievement, but that is either false or incomplete. Because I was situated to where I could attack a crystal map, with no enemy there or able to reinforce.

I got there first (shoulda been points), only one person came in after me from my team, and they left right after while I was moving from first to second crystal. I capped all 5 crystals on my own (shoulda been more points) and won the map solo.

So I should have come in first place for the map, instead of the second place I was given. The other person did absolutely nothing, didn't even show up first, but still earned 1st place on it. And while the OPs might take it as their due, that is what contributes to so much map hopping in the first place. Why do all the work, or waste all the money, if the game places you lower than someone who can do nothing and still get higher placement.

Though there are ways to get around that annoyance. I position myself to instigate fights to protect my nation's borders, I go for solo maps when possible where no one else can get in, and I even join in and stay to help some OP squads when they are doing something for the nation instead of just themselves (i.e. they are attacking in a way that if successful will cut off reinforcements and let the less powerful take out the cut off territories.)

Heck, doing that netted me 563 tokens in one NW, as a lvl 95 with OHT/R8r gear and low refines. And I made some very nice plays and battles even against higher geared players. Nothing like going 1 on 2 in a crystal map, and distracting a high gear BM with disables while running like mad so he doesn't cap a crystal, until help arrives to even it out.

Even still, it would make it more enjoyable if they made each map focus awards for the actual map objective instead. We'd likely see a lot less alts and map jumpers if they did that, since the alts couldn't get points just for existing. And map jumping would be much he same. If you want to earn, you actually have to earn it would be nice. And it doesn't mean you have to be geared to do it, either. Just good at map strategy, and playing to your character's strengths.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Get a flag twice to it's goal and you get a rewars. Anything else just benefits your total supply tokens.

Besides that you could as well hit on the NPCs for a total of 5 minutes, or search for an empty Bridge Battle and hit on the Towers for 5 minutes total or fight enemy players for 5 minutes total.

I wouldn'T really ever bother with crystal Contests. I always avoid them at all costs. Such a waste of time and boring as hell (most of the time).

Capture the flag all the way ijs.

What I would do as any undergeared char:

Look for empty Capture the flag territories. Those wille ventually occour. They always do, just pay attention. If 1 or 2 of your side are also in it then it doesn't matter much, as long as you get the flag and no enemy is in sight you can deliver it succesfully.

If you then want to gain points just jump. Go only (if you can) into even territories and check the current situation. If it isn't clear that your team can win, leave immidiatly, especially if you can't contribute much yourself due to bad gears, etc. If you then spent 20 minutes in there doing practically nothing and your team loses then you gain ~300 points, gg. If you win then those 300 points could be 1.5k or max depending on the max generated points during the fight and the number of participants.

Sure that strategy doesn't seem like it could be really productive in helping your nation to win...but seriously. Hardly anyone these days goes NW for Supply tokens...they are so friggin cheap. People PK there and that's that. If you need tokens then go ahead and exploit the system as much as you can. Kudos to those who have the brains to do so. It'S not unfair if smart people gain advantages. Why? Because you might have the advantage on some terms...but the others will have a bit more of a careless life. Good ddeal? you decide.

NW isn't broken. The only thing that might be broken is how the player-power is distributed throughout the nations but then again, you can't control which player is afk, you can't control which one is a nub and which one is a good player. The only thing that could help to balance it out a bit is to disable the squad feature. Anyone enters randomly and you are unable to form squads. I can't think of another, practical solution.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    During last weeks I did several NW in a three men squad. Me, my wife and a cleric friend. This cleric friend is new to the game, hit 100 recently, not reborn, still have mostly TT90 gears except a G16 robe. She has less than 4500 HP and is a one shot for even G16+6 guys.
    But she comes with us on every map, doesn't take flag but dig crystal hit towers (or players when she can stay safe a little), rebuffs, ... And she gets rewards. Not a lot but enough for us to start saving cannies/raptures or money for her future gears. But well, she is not an afk alt and is really playing.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    @Joe

It seems one of the main points is that people only want to pvp, so they don't care. But if so, it makes no sense to argue from that side about changing anything anyways. As long as they can pvp, they shouldn't care.

As it stands now, the very objectives they made to change things up in NW really don't matter, since everyone can just mindlessly pvp and earn points as if what they did matter. With the changes I proposed, it would mean actually playing the maps as they were intended. And the people who don't care about tokens and just pvp shouldn't be bothered by it.

Heck, even the ones who want to pvp AND the tokens can still have what they want by going to the maps that don't have greater emphasis on other objective types. At most they could only gripe that every map doesn't cater to giving them all the tokens and PvP, not that it isn't available. And that's just being a whiny child at that point.

The changes I proposed would help combat AFKers and alt leeches, while making it easier for lower gear to play and earn more. It's not even taking from the OPs; it's taking from the ones who do absolutely nothing worthwhile for the nation pot, and giving to the lower geared who are doing something. It also gives the lower geared a reason to stay and fight, instead of leaving since they earn the same amount either way. It's just leaving saves them any cost.

Honestly the only reason I could see to be against it, is for the high levels running multiple accounts and earning their total supply tokens through sheer quantity. But they are part of the problem, if all they are doing is having a bunch of useless alts running around doing nothing useful. Why should useless characters who do nothing, get anything from NW?