Doubts of a Little Cleric

likelife2013
likelife2013 Posts: 38 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Cleric
I had been playing with a sin.
But I choose to play like a cleric and she is actually lv 99!!
I have doubts there is:

Gennie: what's the best for pve and pvp?
What's the important 5 skills for that?

How can I make sagem/demon book?

For now it is all.
Sorry bad english, working to get it betterb:victory
Post edited by likelife2013 on

Comments

• freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ppl will have different choice and opinion for picking skillset for their genies. First thing for me is always getting a genie with at least 81 Lucky points so I can put 7 genie skills in it and much cheaper than a 91+. I prefer 81+ than a 91+ because I can have several genies with 7 different skills than having one expensive 91+ genie with only 8 skills.

I have all types of 81+ genies with 100 str / 100 mag / 100 vit / 100 agi. Most of my genies will have these skills by default : Fortify, Holypath, Extreme Poison, Tangling Mire. While the other 3 skills depend on the type of genie or including genie's default starter skill.

Zeal genie with 100 mag, for mainly PVE with these skills :
    - Earthflame (starter skill, for luring only one mob or boss without alerting the other unnecassary mobs)
    - Fortify lv1 (definitely a must have for anti stun before using 12 secs immune pot)
    - Holy Path (for boosting speed)
    - Extreme Poison (damage debuff to bosses)
    - Tangling Mire (damage debuff by lowering pdef to bosses for physical DD)
    - Expel (for helping dying party members or self while zhenning/static aoe to be immune from physical damage)
    - Cloud Erruption (for filling Chi while Blue Ball / Red Ball, or for occasional chi boost).

Discipline genie with 120 vit , 66 mags , for general PVP ( NW or TW or PK ) :
    - Wind Force (starter skill, for boosting flight speed, psy class being a fish has a flight boost skill while cleric as an elf has to use this, stupid dev)
    - Fortify lv1
    - Holy Path
    - Extreme Poison
    - Tangling Mire , for DD ing with Plume Shot/Magical Shackle and stack it with Dimensional Seal
    - Faith ( for purifying all negative buffs instantly, I use it mostly for kamikaze when being ganked, use faith then 3 sparks+immune pot and pew pew or faith + immune pot then using all cleric aoes to gankers for points in NW)
    - Wind Shield (for reducing damage received, mostly use it to counter Extreme Poison debuff on me), sometimes I change this for Will Surge for anti Seal.

Longevity genie with 100 Dex, for general PVP/support/1v1, it has very low energy regen at 2/second and low Energy meter at 162.
    - Fortify lv1 ( 6 seconds anti stun, 3 secs by default, and 3 secs more from 100 dex )
    - Holy Path ( 7 seconds , 1 sec bonus from 100 dex )
    - Extreme Poison ( 16 seconds, 10 secs bonus from 100 dex :D)
    - Wind Shield ( last 10 seconds, 2 secs bonus from 100 dex + reducing 27.5% damage, default is 15%, that's insane I can tank a lot of damage with this, especially from undergeared ppl even though there are a lot of them )
    - Badge of courage (90% chance purifying a stun, by default is only 40% chance, 100 dex adds 50% more chance)
    - Elemental Weakness (40% five elemental debuff, can stack with Elemental Seal or other elemental debuff, default is 20%, 20% more from 100 dex)
    - Faith

Infliction genie with 100 Str, this one has low energy meter at only 143, regen 2.32, I use it mostly for 1v1 or a duel.
    - Holy Path
    - Fortify
    - Tangling Mire (55% physical debuff , 35% default 20% from 100 str, very useful for plume shot/magical shackle)
    - Will Surge
    - Frenzy
    - Expel
    - Occult Ice , this is the main reason I made an STR genie for my cleric, for adding one more chain to 'stunlock' target.

and another Longevity which I built similar to my Discipline genie but keeping the starter skill for purge purpose.

If you have a genie that can only hold 5 skills I'd suggest Holy Path, Cloud Erruption, Absolute Domain, Extreme Poison, and Tangling Mire. Holy Path is a must, Cloud Erruption is too for support in an instance if you BB/RB a lot, Absolute Domain buys you time for charm tick or for critical moment, Extreme Poison and Tangling Mire make yourself useful while BB/RB in an instance and useful for pvp too.

You need Old Book Page or Page of Fate or Mystic Page to make Sage/Demon book, should be cheap by now for obp or pof since they're easily farmable with primal update. The furnace is located in Thousand Streams.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As a cleric, I'm going to mention the skills that I would get for a genie. Obviously the more lucky points you have, the better...But here we go...

Holy Path (This is a must.)

Absolute Domain (Immunity and it is your ultimate Oh **** Button.)

Tree of Protection/Second Wind. (Tree is the better of the two.)

Expel (Physical Immunity, and can be used as an oh **** button. The seal is annoying, though with timing, can be purified.)

Earthquake. (Interrupt, AOE, and Knockback.)

Extreme Poison/Tangling Mire. (Useful debuff...depends on your playstyle to get it or not, and then which one. Personally, I use extreme poison.)

Cloud Eruption/Chi Siphon. (Chi gaining skill. Personally, I use Cloud.)

Faith: I have no experience with this skill...but I want it. Purify.

If you have an unlucky genie, it's worth the investment to have a zeal genie as well. Earthflame is an invaluable skill.

If I had to choose, it would go in this order for my personal playstyle...

Holy Path
    Absolute Domain
    Cloud Eruption
    Expel
    Extreme Poison
    Tree of Protection
    Earthquake
    Faith

But that's my personal playstyle....

Nonetheless, I hope that helps. :D Freygin listed a good listing for you. I didn't read it...too tired. Lol.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Azunai - Raging Tide
    Azunai - Raging Tide Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As a nab cleric I'd say a genie should have:
    - Expel (can't play without it anymore, and with the weapon purify proc, its almost a psy will)
    - Absolute domain (usually I go for the AD+Pangu essence in PVP)
    - Holy Path (a must)
    - Fortify
    - Wind Shield
    - Tree of protection

I have been thinking in getting FAITH, but I believe it would suit more a def weap like R8r instead my puri R9rr. Yeah, I relay too much on that proc. But without expel and/or AD I would have to change my 4 years of TW playing style. At the end of the day, Holy Path, Expel and AD are the only ones I absolutely relay on. Building chi? While in PVP, healing skills are the best way to gather chi :P

As for sage/demon skill you need the pages: OBPs and PoFs and then there are the token pages, wich you trade tokens for the advanced mistical pages or the mistical pages if I'm correct.
    Allow me to impress upon you the severe mistake you have made...
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yup holy path cant be stressed enough. A cleric who cant keep up with a pulling barb is a useless cleric.

And i think your pve genie should be mag/vit build too so that you can holy path A LOT. (as well as cast your other stuff a lot ofc)

On what i see above:
    Tree of protection / second wind, does that make sense on a cleric ?
    And i see noted that TOP is better. For me as a barb it surely is as it heals me something like 60% of my HP while second wind gets to heal something in the range of 2k. When your HPs are relatively low however the difference is smaller and second wind is instant while TOP has a 3second delay. Also TOP ticks your charm when you use it. So i think if you choose a healing skill it is not so simple to say TOP is better.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yup holy path cant be stressed enough. A cleric who cant keep up with a pulling barb is a useless cleric.

And i think your pve genie should be mag/vit build too so that you can holy path A LOT. (as well as cast your other stuff a lot ofc)

On what i see above:
    Tree of protection / second wind, does that make sense on a cleric ?
    And i see noted that TOP is better. For me as a barb it surely is as it heals me something like 60% of my HP while second wind gets to heal something in the range of 2k. When your HPs are relatively low however the difference is smaller and second wind is instant while TOP has a 3second delay. Also TOP ticks your charm when you use it. So i think if you choose a healing skill it is not so simple to say TOP is better.

I agree with you. It's not so simplistic to say that Tree simply is better.

Second Wind = Weaker Flat heal. Instant, Less Required for it in terms of points, and stamina.

Tree of Protection = Takes a moment to initiate to full power, but it is an instant skill also, heals strongly, At level 10, it boosts maximum hp by 30% for 5 seconds, and continues to heal 20% of your maximum hp every 3 seconds for 6 seconds.

I will say that for Serenity, I have found Tree of Protection more useful for me, as it offers an advantage that few other skills have, and Tree has proven to be invaluable as it has saved me many times. I have a very defensive playstyle though, so my genie has lots of "Oh ****" Buttons.
    Tree for example, boosts me up to over 10k hp momentarily which is enough of a second chance that I can often survive. It boosts me to over 12k hp if I'm already barbed buffed, so heals + Max hp boost tend to make it a good "Oh ****" button.

But Tree isn't for everyone, and you're right that I shouldn't have simply worded it as Tree being stronger and leaving it as that. Usually in situations where second wind would work for me, I can simply use Wings of Protection or Guardian's light, then heal myself. Or even cast Elven Boon, which is almost instant, and it helps to cover the job that second wind would do. Not sure about it ticking your charm, as I'm usually uncharmed thanks to the high prices, and the massive amount of charm ticks that I experience in NW whenever I do have a charm on.

For the part of whether Tree/Second Wind makes sense on a cleric:

I tend to use Tree of Protection when Absolute Domain is on cooldown and expel would be useless or otherwise would hinder me. I can't deny that Tree has often been a saving grace of mines when my cleric would have otherwise fallen. Tree helps with unnecessary aggro, and offers a heal to oneself when you're otherwise incapable of doing so. It also helps if for whatever reason, you're not able to heal, or you can't outheal the damage...

Examples: FSP, Azoth Drake...Sometimes I'm not able to cast BB in the circle, so I cast on the ground. Azoth chooses to be a jerk about the situation, and cast 3 Whirlpool Bubbles beneath my feet. Also chooses to put the occult ice debuff on me. Absolute Domain is on cooldown because they got to the mobs late. I eat crab meat to counter the occult ice debuff, and now press Tree of Protection to survive the big blasts that are coming my way, since I can't avoid them because I'm in BB, and the less fortified members of the squad need the Bless status on them.

I've also used it on pulls where mobs weren't aggroed, and the puller brought the mobs to BB so the mobs came straight for me. FC and Brim are two good examples of this. Especially if Absolute Domain is on cooldown.

Also, having a genie heal is useful for Violet/Ultraviolet mode, since most of our heals are disabled during that time.

I will argue the pulling barb part if the barb/whomever is pulling doesn't pace themselves some, and realize that the cleric is trying. (Holy Path, Charger Orbs, etc.) But I agree. If a cleric doesn't have holy path...they are of virtually no use. By BH51, genie's need to start being leveled with some degree of skills on them. Really, as early as BH39 helps, but by BH51, the genie's should start seeing a lot more usage, and Holy Path is a REQUIREMENT.

Overall, I agree with you. Just elaborating more on it, and on the usability of Tree of Protection as a cleric.

Sidenote: Don't know how my post got this long though.... b:surrender
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Alot of people swear by having multiple different genie- other people have an all purpose genie thats useful in most situations. I tend to learn towards having an all purpose genie personally because alot of the main genie skills recommended (such as in the posts above) are repeated in most genie builds for clerics.

Also traditionally clerics will find themselves in a supporting roles in most situtions (i.e pve, tw, nw, pvp etc)- which tends to favour a high vit/magic build (and that limits the str/dex based skills.)

So i would suggest a Discipline genie (~75mag + rest in vit) -retaining the windforce starter skill. Additional skills would be:

Holy Path,
    Extreme poison,
    Cloud eruption, (especially if you're demon)
    Absolute domain,
    Expel,
    Fortify.

Comments on a few of the skills mentioned previously:

Second wind: extremely weak- you're better off getting tree of protection

Tree of protection: i suggesting trying it if you're really after an additional heal. Personally I think the energy is a bit too high and the healing regen is actually pretty slow when it comes down to it. So in a gank i wouldnt bet my money on it saving me! =0

Faith: Its good but you wouldnt trade either Absolute domain or Expel for it (as you cant have all 3 on your genie). Also has lost alot of value since paralyze as that cant be faithed after it hits.

Tangling mire: more a pve skill- not as good in pvp these days because of passive defense increases plus you need a high str genie. In pve i would just let another class mire as they will prob have a higher str genie.

Wind Shield: borderline skill for me- if you have 91+ genie might be worth having as the 8th skill.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Healer_Star_ - Archosaur
    Healer_Star_ - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For my cleric i have a Longevity genie

- Holy path
    -Cloud Erupt
    -AD
    -Expel
    -Tree of Life
    -Erruption Fist

Alot of people dont use Fist because they find it useless and the proc doesnt happen often. However i like it because if im BBing close to the Boss, Fist puts on a mag def debuff for a few seconds. If you time it right with HF can actually help Mag DDs do alot more damage. In pvp i would not rely on it procing plus cleric already had mag defense debuff so, not really needed.

Really Important ones:

Cloud Errupt - best skill for clerics, regardless of your sage or demon you should have atleast 2 sparks when going into difficult caves with a squad,for bb.

Expel : dont leave home with out this skill! this is the best defense from sins and melee classes.

Tree of life: fast heal for those moments when you see your life flash in front of your eyes

Holy path - helps you keep up with the pack, since we are slow *** mofos
    QQ to me ......so i can punch you in the face :D b:cute

YOU CAN LIVE WITH OUT FC SO STOP ASKING FOR IT BACK b:surrender

I <3 NYJ b:dirty
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Currently running:

-Wind Force
    -Holy Path
    -Absolute Domain
    -Cloud Eruption
    -Expel
    -Extreme Poison
    -Will Surge

Debating dropping xp for Fortify and just making an 81+ LP purge genie for 1v1s. But yeah...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute