Effect of the "silence"

Options
_Tsunami_ - Lost City
_Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
Hi, i would like to know is the "silence" as negative status stop you to use not just "spells" but all kind of not gienie-related skills (like aeolian blade fo bm or armageddon for barb)

Thank you
Post edited by _Tsunami_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hi, i would like to know is the "silence" as negative status stop you to use not just "spells" but all kind of not gienie-related skills (like aeolian blade fo bm or armageddon for barb)

Thank you

Silence stops you from use any SKILLS (and I believe normal attacks) for the duration.

Freeze/Immobilize stops you from moving for the duration, however, skills and attacks should still be possible.

Stun stops you from doing anything (Skills, Move, Use Pots, etc.) for the duration.

Sleep is similar to stun, except I believe you can use pots, and the effect will either last for the duration of sleep, or until you are hit again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Silence stops you from use any SKILLS (and I believe normal attacks) for the duration.

Freeze/Immobilize stops you from moving for the duration, however, skills and attacks should still be possible.

Stun stops you from doing anything (Skills, Move, Use Pots, etc.) for the duration.

Sleep is similar to stun, except I believe you can use pots, and the effect will either last for the duration of sleep, or until you are hit again.

Thank you very much
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

genie skills are always usable. even when stuned. BM stunlocking you? pop fortify or absolute domain(better choice), you'll get a chance to recover b:victory
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    genie skills are always usable. even when stuned. BM stunlocking you? pop fortify or absolute domain(better choice), you'll get a chance to recover b:victory

*goes to get Absolute Domain now*

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    genie skills are always usable. even when stuned.

I need to reconfirm that. I think I've only had people to use genie in the gap between my stuns. When I was stunned by a fists BM, I spammed Occult Ice but it didn't activate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary
    VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I need to reconfirm that. I think I've only had people to use genie in the gap between my stuns. When I was stunned by a fists BM, I spammed Occult Ice but it didn't activate.

i think you cannot do anything while stunned. No genie, no skills, no pots
    My in-game name is:
    V i l k a s P i l k a s
    where l is L b:victory

Sorry for my bad english b:surrender
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You can use Genie Skills even when you're stunned. I use Second Wind all the time when I'm stunned.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I could be mistaken but:

Silence = no use of SKILLS.

Seal = no use of skills or normal attacks but movement is fully possible. Unsure about genie skills.

Stun = no movement, skills, genie skills or auto-attack. Skills will not finish after you are released from stun.

Sleep = no movement, skills or auto-attack. Unsure about genie skills. Skills will finish after sleep wears off. Sleep can be removed if you are attacked [though I cannot remember if the attack has to be physical or not]

Freeze = immobilisation but you are free to use skills and auto-attack if you're in range.

-edit-
    Just for confirmation I have never been able to use my genie while stunned. Perhaps maybe certain skills will work and others won't? I'll test this out at some point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I could be mistaken but:

Silence = no use of SKILLS.

Seal = no use of skills or normal attacks but movement is fully possible. Unsure about genie skills.

Stun = no movement, skills, genie skills or auto-attack. Skills will not finish after you are released from stun.

Sleep = no movement, skills or auto-attack. Unsure about genie skills. Skills will finish after sleep wears off. Sleep can be removed if you are attacked [though I cannot remember if the attack has to be physical or not]

Freeze = immobilisation but you are free to use skills and auto-attack if you're in range.

-edit-
    Just for confirmation I have never been able to use my genie while stunned. Perhaps maybe certain skills will work and others won't? I'll test this out at some point.

Seal & Silence are synonomous. Both disallow skills & normal attacks.

Freeze also has a synonomous negative status effect called Paralyze. Both disallow movement.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Seal & Silence are synonomous. Both disallow skills & normal attacks.

Freeze also has a synonomous negative status effect called Paralyze. Both disallow movement.

Fair enough.

I knew there were other debuffs with such names out there but I couldn't confidently say if they had the exact same effects or not. I stuck only with the terms I was as confident as possible with. =P

You learn something new every day. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    there's only 4 negative effects in this game, i dont see how it's so hard to understand

STUN = effect shows up as a group of cartoon-style stars above your head. you cannot perform ANY ACTIONS PERIOD for the duration of the stun. i dont know if the genie skills are usable during the stun, but i would imagine not

SEAL = effect shows as a "magic circle" under your feet, and is accompanied by a very annoying "farting" sound (credit to my friend for that sound description lol). you cannot perform ANY ACTIONS EXCEPT MOVEMENT for the duration of the seal. i dont know if the genie skills are usable during the seal, but i would imagine not

PARALYZE = effect shows up as gray strands of ectoplasm (think- ghosts) rapidly spinning around your character. you cannot MOVE OR USE ANY TELEPORT/BLINK/LEAP SKILLS for the duration of the paralyze. basically, any skill that would allow you to move from your paralyzed location cant be used to bypass the inability to run/walk. genie skills and attacks/skills are still usable however

SLEEP = effect shows up as a bunch of rainbow-colored Z's around your character. you cannot perform ANY ACTIONS for the duration of the sleep. i dont know about genie skills, but i would imagine not
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    there's only 4 negative effects in this game, i dont see how it's so hard to understand

STUN = effect shows up as a group of cartoon-style stars above your head. you cannot perform ANY ACTIONS PERIOD for the duration of the stun. i dont know if the genie skills are usable during the stun, but i would imagine not

SEAL = effect shows as a "magic circle" under your feet, and is accompanied by a very annoying "farting" sound (credit to my friend for that sound description lol). you cannot perform ANY ACTIONS EXCEPT MOVEMENT for the duration of the seal. i dont know if the genie skills are usable during the seal, but i would imagine not

PARALYZE = effect shows up as gray strands of ectoplasm (think- ghosts) rapidly spinning around your character. you cannot MOVE OR USE ANY TELEPORT/BLINK/LEAP SKILLS for the duration of the paralyze. basically, any skill that would allow you to move from your paralyzed location cant be used to bypass the inability to run/walk. genie skills and attacks/skills are still usable however

SLEEP = effect shows up as a bunch of rainbow-colored Z's around your character. you cannot perform ANY ACTIONS for the duration of the sleep. i dont know about genie skills, but i would imagine not

The reason people get it so mixed up is because Chromatic seal is a sleep, not a seal. Silent seal is a paralyze, also not a seal. Skills like that don't help the understanding of it much b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The reason people get it so mixed up is because Chromatic seal is a sleep, not a seal. Silent seal is a paralyze, also not a seal. Skills like that don't help the understanding of it much b:surrender

well that one's also easy to clarify... the skill effect in the skill description is the negative status being given :D

sidenote- i'm logging in >_>
    <_<
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    There are certain genie skills that are still usable during status effects like that. I'm quite fond of using Second Wind when Shocktrooper uses his... I think it's Seal, and DoT on me. Never really paid too much attention other than to go "EEK!" and use my genie.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I use wind shield when I'm stunned.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    SILENCE!

I KEEL YOUUUUUUU!!!!

~Achmed The Dead Terrorist
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Genie skills that affect you can be used, Genie skills that target another should not work. Absolute Domain works when you're stunned but Occult Ice will not, for example.

I'm not sure if that's set in ice, but if I'm immobilized or stunned and I see an ulti coming, I can AD. That WILL work.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i think you cannot do anything while stunned. No genie, no skills, no pots

Yes, you can use genie skills when your char is placed under ANY status effects, because it is you who was targeted, not your genie.

Take for example the genie skills below:

Lawbreaker
    Energy 75
    Stamina 500
    Instant
    Cooldown 30 seconds
    Requisite Class All

22% chance to remove a silence effect from yourself. [at LEVEL 1]
    Strength: Every 2 Genie Strength points increase the success rate by 1%.

THIS SKILL WORKS ON ATTACKS THAT CAUSES ONLY STUN, and SILENCE (Yes, it does HAVE a CHANCE to remove stuns caused by bms/archers/bosses. I haven't confirmed it on sleep yet though -but don't see why it shouldn't).

Remove Paralysis
    Energy 70
    Stamina 500
    Instant
    Cool down 30 seconds
    Requisite Class All

42% chance to remove a paralysis effect from yourself. [at LEVEL 1]
    Strength: Every 4 Genie Strength points increases the hit chance by 1%.
    Dexterity: Every 4 Genie Dexterity points increases the success rate by 1%.

THIS SKILL WORKS ON ATTACKS THAT AFFECTS STATUS MOVEMENTS like FREEZE AND IMMOBILIZATION. For example -archer's skill Aim Low or stunning blast (genie skill for archers only).
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    There are certain genie skills that are still usable during status effects like that. I'm quite fond of using Second Wind when Shocktrooper uses his... I think it's Seal, and DoT on me. Never really paid too much attention other than to go "EEK!" and use my genie.

I think shoctrooper uses a sleep + water DoT.
    You're also not able to move, and you are not woken up by a DoT tick (as seen in the assasin skil that bleeds+sleeps)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Stun: It basically locks you. You can't move, use skills, auto-attack or drink pots.

Sleep: It's a stun that lasts when you're attacked. Some skills can pass through sleep. For example Mystic's Absorb Soul goes through the sleep and won't awake the target. You won't wake up if you're damaged by an ongoing DoT skill.

Silence: It shuts your mouth. It looks like a blue circle under your toon. You can't use any skills (including auto-attack) but free to move.

Freeze: You can't move. Skills and pots are avaible. If you freeze someone/something, then knockback will not work on the target.

One of them is an another freezing effect that stacks with stun. IIRC Psychic's Spirit Phalax and Wizard's Ice Prison gives this effect. It looks like you're in a chunk of ice. You can't use skills, drink pots or move.

Paralyze
    It's like a stun but you can't resist it with an antistun buff. The only classes who can resist it without Genie's Faith skill are Assassin (Tidal) and Psychic (SoT)

ps: I have no idea about in which situations you can use genie skills.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Stun: It basically locks you. You can't move, use skills, auto-attack or drink pots.

Sleep: It's a stun that lasts when you're attacked. Some skills can pass through sleep. For example Mystic's Absorb Soul goes through the sleep and won't awake the target. You won't wake up if you're damaged by an ongoing DoT skill.

Silence: It shuts your mouth. It looks like a blue circle under your toon. You can't use any skills (including auto-attack) but free to move.

Freeze: You can't move. Skills and pots are avaible. If you freeze someone/something, then knockback will not work on the target.

One of them is an another freezing effect that stacks with stun. IIRC Psychic's Spirit Phalax and Wizard's Ice Prison gives this effect. It looks like you're in a chunk of ice. You can't use skills, drink pots or move.

Paralyze

It's like a stun but you can't resist it with an antistun buff. The only classes who can resist it without Genie's Faith skill are Assassin (Tidal) and Psychic (SoT)

ps: I have no idea about in which situations you can use genie skills.
    This looks like a NECRO!

Mahidevran - Archosaur replied to a message that was 4 years 7 months 26 days 5 hours 31 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    lol wrong topic xd

i necroed hard OO
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Robin! Hand me down the zombie repellant bat-spray!
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.