Cube necklace and Warsong belt

morenawolf
morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Venomancer
Be prepared for my n00b question.

I'm about to start farming my Cube necklance and the Warsong belt. Which type do you suggest me to get, considering I'm pure mag? Protection or Elemental? I would say protection because of course I lack in phys defense, but what's your point of view?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
Tempestosa - Stormbringer
Archosaur & Morai server
Post edited by morenawolf on

Comments

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Depends on your gear.

AA=pdef

LA=1 of each

HA=Mdef
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Unless you're heavy/robe (which you aren't), get physical ones.

Even if you were LA, you'd need the pdef more (LA has a naturally lower pdef than mdef) and could use magic rings for extra mdef if you chose to.

As a pure magic veno? Not even a shadow of a doubt that you'd want physical defense.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    morenawolf wrote: »
    Be prepared for my n00b question.

I'm about to start farming my Cube necklance and the Warsong belt. Which type do you suggest me to get, considering I'm pure mag? Protection or Elemental? I would say protection because of course I lack in phys defense, but what's your point of view?
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Unless you're heavy/robe (which you aren't), get physical ones.

Even if you were LA, you'd need the pdef more (LA has a naturally lower pdef than mdef) and could use magic rings for extra mdef if you chose to.

As a pure magic veno? Not even a shadow of a doubt that you'd want physical defense.

Am I the only oddball sin that uses mdef necks in pve?b:chuckle
  • opkossy
    edited October 2014
    You'd burn a cube neck and warsong belt on mdef for a caster in PvE?

I mean on a HA, sure that makes total sense. Even with a physical LA class it'd make sense, too. Sure a mdef neck/belt are more a PvP option for those classes but they help just fine in PvE as well.

... But for a magic based class, you have no reason to be wearing a mdef neck/belt on any non-HA build if said neck/belt don't have -chan on them. And cube necks/warsong belts? They don't have -chan on them. b:chuckle
  • riffraffz
    riffraffz Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    would using phys def shards ( perfect ) be ok to use or share between hp & def shards in G16 gear?
  • opkossy
    edited October 2014
    Both have merits and which you choose is more about your current stats/refines and what you want in the future. Someone with low refines on their ornaments but decent armor refines, for example, will get more out of going for pure garnets in their armor. The same goes for citrines if they have high ornament refines but their armor isn't quite up there yet. And a pure mag build can benefit from partial sharding of both (though I'd suggest to avoid mixing shards in the same gear whenever possible) depending on how high they're currently refined and how far they feel they can go in terms of refines.
  • riffraffz
    riffraffz Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Both have merits and which you choose is more about your current stats/refines and what you want in the future. Someone with low refines on their ornaments but decent armor refines, for example, will get more out of going for pure garnets in their armor. The same goes for citrines if they have high ornament refines but their armor isn't quite up there yet. And a pure mag build can benefit from partial sharding of both (though I'd suggest to avoid mixing shards in the same gear whenever possible) depending on how high they're currently refined and how far they feel they can go in terms of refines.

atm, they are mainly +5 refined, once i earn more coin, i'll go higher refined
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    riffraffz wrote: »
    would using phys def shards ( perfect ) be ok to use or share between hp & def shards in G16 gear?

On an LA or AA ?

As just explained, it depends on your current gear and refines. For an AA the answer will often be yes. For an LA i think not. They just want citrines.

When considering your ornies on an LA toon i think you should also make a difference what you are playing. In PvE, you are mostly standing toe 2 toe with bosses. In this case Pdef is much more important than mdef. Even if you already have significantly more pdef than mdef, you probably want more pdef.
    In PvP you want it to be more balanced.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Thoolan - Archosaur
    Thoolan - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    morenawolf wrote: »
    considering I'm pure mag?

Good option for you would be pdef ornaments (if you are also sage you will get nice bonus in fox form). When you are pure mag build then your mdef should be high enough for most stuff in pve. You may leave it as is. Thing that you may try to check is also a ring, phys ring will give you pdef from refines, magic one mdef, exception for it is rrr9 ring that gives both of defs after refines.

Shards for equipment you may choose are also pdef... stones from morai are really nice and it's not so hard to get them. Another option for (almost) free stones is weekly sot/aba quest. Use them when you have your g16 armor, earlier just put some lower (cheaper) stones.

Here is and guide that some things are mention.

If you are still non reawake veno don't be afraid about checking other stats like vit if you think that your hp is a bit to low. Later with better eq and refines ofc it will be changing.
    mad veno fox mode f:fume