G16 Barb in TW

shtefi
shtefi Posts: 15 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Arigora Colosseum
So i'm lvling my barb he's pure vit and at lvl 94 with tt90 he has over 17k HP and its quite fun playing him(pulling and tanking and all that). I wanted to join a TW faction and start learning the role of a barb in TW but then i asked myself..

Is it worth it playing a G16 pure vit barb in TW? Whats your role? You clearly cant be a cata barb going against the bigger factions since with 20 something thousand HP you are a 1shot for the r9rr +12.

So i thought maybe some of you could explain to me the role of a pure vit G16 barb in TW and does it really pay off/ is it fun playing that role.
Post edited by shtefi on

Comments

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    magic defenses and def levels play a large part in that. My barb has only 5k mdef buffed b:chuckle but he is only level 88 on his first rb. I went str this rebirth to mess around with aps on a sage barb. I have 24k hp with a mix of r8r g16 and g15 niv and around 24k pdef. The tw we did last night a top geared psy was hitting me for 30k through dew star's.

I am switching back to pure vit on my 2nd rebirth and will be working on mag def's and cards. You have to remember as well in larger factions you will have more and probably better protections. g16 is fine I think I see many g16 barbs in large factions that are cata's. Maybe some of the cata's in larger factions can give some advice to.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You will mainly be buffing your squad and helping to CC important targets via primal mighty swing, raging slap, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My experience:

It all matters little.
    Some TWs the opponent outnumbers you and it matters little what happens.
    The other TW you outnumber the oppoenents and it matters little what happens.
    TWs that are even enough that things matter seem to be a bit rare.

I only did a few TWs. The first was nice. Even though we lost, the enemy crystal was at 30% or so.
    Then nemesis got some extra members and it all stopped mattering.
    Then we fought others who have less members and it all didnt matter.

b:laugh
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shtefi wrote: »
    So i'm lvling my barb he's pure vit and at lvl 94 with tt90 he has over 17k HP and its quite fun playing him(pulling and tanking and all that). I wanted to join a TW faction and start learning the role of a barb in TW but then i asked myself..

Is it worth it playing a G16 pure vit barb in TW? Whats your role? You clearly cant be a cata barb going against the bigger factions since with 20 something thousand HP you are a 1shot for the r9rr +12.

So i thought maybe some of you could explain to me the role of a pure vit G16 barb in TW and does it really pay off/ is it fun playing that role.

TBH. Even with just G16 and low refines...if played well ofc...you as a barb can make a huge impact in TW, even against OP geared ppl. It's all about knowing the support capabilities of a barb.

You can:

- get targets out of the air with berserkers wrath
    - move into large groups (while being invoked ofc + Cornered beast never hurts) and cause genereal mayham like Untamed Wrath, Frighten and especially raging slap on a called target to prevent it from attacking anything else then you
    - throw in some AOEs and an arma ofc if you got the chi cause in situations like these you will die eventually...so you can as well go down with guns blazin'

Doesn't sound like much...but if you do that right you can be an amazing asset to the positive outcome of a tw. That works in group NWs too and in general group PvP ofc.

I recently met a g16 vit barb that joined my faction and all...I gotta say..he is a master of a support barb. Altho he does not possess endgame gears I'd always like to have him around while PvPing.

So you see, it's not always all about gears. If you are skilled you can always be a great asset as any class. Stuns and CCs in general got the same effect while being performed with a G16 weapon or with a r9rr +12 weapon. It's too bad that most players are just too scared to rush into an enemy and to die in general. With the right usage of APO and skills you can overcome even the strongest enemies as long as you got your high DDing buddies with ya^^
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't forget about your buff. Barb buff for archers and especially sins makes em do a lot more damage, and the HP buff will benefit any class. If you have heavy numerical superiority, you can just stay at your base and hop between squads, throwing your buff as people respawn to send em out again with a boost.

Even a lvl70 barb can throw both buffs at level 10 and contribute as such.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • shtefi
    shtefi Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In pve i have a lot of fun playing my barb pulling in fc and now in PV and tanking.. and i'm the opposite of being affraid from rushing into groups.. but.. i went to NW once i was lvl 92 i think had 16ksomething and i would die before i could even move.. i know its not the same but as a vit barb your dmg is as low as it can be and only thing u have is being tanky and if that doesnt work against a.. lets say.. r9rr archer who purges your invoke and kills u with the next 1 or 2 hits.. i've played an tt90 psy in tw and nw and its fun cos u get to range stun and freeze ad dd on ppl and it was quite fun altho every hit u get unless u have SoR is death.. When playing my seeker which is my main g16 +6/7 with a g16 blade +10 i would often when in a TW when we know we would lose and some ppl would just stand in base cos the enemy is there and just waiting for the TW to end i would get chi and run in IG edged blur and aoe and run back if possible cos thats how i want to play i want to have fun.. and i dont care if we win or lose i want to have fun even dieing... so my question was if playing a g16 vit barb in tw would be any fun or it would be get out die no dmg no stunning ..?
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My experience:

It all matters little.
    Some TWs the opponent outnumbers you and it matters little what happens.
    The other TW you outnumber the oppoenents and it matters little what happens.
    TWs that are even enough that things matter seem to be a bit rare.

I only did a few TWs. The first was nice. Even though we lost, the enemy crystal was at 30% or so.
    Then nemesis got some extra members and it all stopped mattering.
    Then we fought others who have less members and it all didnt matter.

b:laugh

Wayyyyy lower then 30% iirc. Y'all were able to kill the Crystal 10 seconds after we won, which was a bit confusing for people in our base.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wayyyyy lower then 30% iirc. Y'all were able to kill the Crystal 10 seconds after we won, which was a bit confusing for people in our base.

Every TW should be like that b:pleased

I think they should
    -make all battles at one time so that the nations with many lands will have to split forces
    -give 100 spirit bonus to players for each land they have fewer than the opossing nation (seems like a lot if you look at the current map where 1 nation has like 20 lands and others have only 1, but it is exactly to preven that)
    -probably do some more details to prevent factions that have say 3 battles to not send anyone to 1 of the battles and make the other 2 an easy win.

This way the map wont be owned by one nation after a while. It wont be the big nation that steals lands from the second nation who in turn steal lands from a nation they can beat etc. Just lots of nice more equal battles b:cute
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Every TW should be like that b:pleased

I think they should
    -make all battles at one time so that the nations with many lands will have to split forces
    explain
    -give 100 spirit bonus to players for each land they have fewer than the opossing nation (seems like a lot if you look at the current map where 1 nation has like 20 lands and others have only 1, but it is exactly to preven that)
    there was supposed to be an attack/def lvl buff but it never got incorporated, at least i didnt have extra lvls when defiance fought nem. i disagree with spirit.
    -probably do some more details to prevent factions that have say 3 battles to not send anyone to 1 of the battles and make the other 2 an easy win.

This way the map wont be owned by one nation after a while. It wont be the big nation that steals lands from the second nation who in turn steal lands from a nation they can beat etc. Just lots of nice more equal battles b:cute

in red
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]