Rank 9 weapons

teikiatsu11
teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Blademaster
I think this topic was touched on before but I'm still curious, why were Blademasters restricted to just one weapon path for rank 9? I've found screenshots for swords, poleblade, and fists so why not put them in? I know quite a few could care less to have other rank 9 weapons aside from axes but I know some of them prefer to use swords or poleblades and to me it sounds like it would be fun to zerkcrit from 20 meters away using a 50-~65 attack level GoF sword/poleblade. I will be the first to admit it would be incredibly costly. b:surrender Unless they did it in a similar way to rank 8 (which would be incredibly annoying to me personally).

P.S I also think a 50~65 GoF sword would be really fun with the skill Flash b:dirty
Post edited by teikiatsu11 on

Comments

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What, blademasters are still restricted in taking one weapon?
    My perception was a lie!!! I thought that that was fixed already and they could take them all now p-p

Also when I first saw this topic I thought it was going to be a thread about r9 weapons with purify proc. And then I was going to ask if PvP is still like 90% mages like it was for a while.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What, blademasters are still restricted in taking one weapon?
    My perception was a lie!!! I thought that that was fixed already and they could take them all now p-p

Also when I first saw this topic I thought it was going to be a thread about r9 weapons with purify proc. And then I was going to ask if PvP is still like 90% mages like it was for a while.

We can get all r8 weapons, but:

We do NOT get all r9 weapons... as for the why about it I have no idea... I do know however even if we do get fists they'll be sure to take away the -int/probably remove helpful things like increased mag res etc from it. xD (edit yes this is bit of a 'stab' at them removing some of the mag res from the bms r9 armor.)

--

As for the pvp bit yea a great majority of the people in nw are still mages, HOWEVER since the NH update, thanks to the paralyze proc, and the passives there has been an uptick of bms coming back/into nw. Though MOST bm's are still a ridiculously easy kill. xD
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Arukab - Raging Tide
    Arukab - Raging Tide Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I vaguely recall a statement from a GM saying that it was to keep balance in the game because BMs with all r9 weapons would be too powerful, but I can't seem to find it anymore, so I don't know. Even so, that would be a false statement anyway.
    Avatar says I'm a 99 archer, but I'm actually a 102 sin...
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can compensate with warsoul recast, r8r, or g16 weapons. At high refines, weapons hit hard against squishies. OP geared people will be OP. Having r9 pole won't do much unless it is refined.

I would be curious as to what kind of procs each r9 weapon for bm might have.
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    how exactly would having all weapons r9rr make us too powerfull?

how about instead we take more than half of the skills every other class have and make it so they cant use their r9 weapons with them that would be balanced

all that would ahppen if u give BM's full set of r9 weapons is we'd be AS powerfull as other classes cos we'd no longer be swapping to inferior weapons for half our skills and PWI would ern more money from BM's buying and refining and sharding them
  • teikiatsu11
    edited August 2014
    You can compensate with warsoul recast, r8r, or g16 weapons. At high refines, weapons hit hard against squishies. OP geared people will be OP. Having r9 pole won't do much unless it is refined.

I would be curious as to what kind of procs each r9 weapon for bm might have.

I would assume each would have GoF as is standard for r9 melee (unless they wanted to be weird and give the poleblade Spirit Blackhole) and I know I can get those weapons, I plan to get warsoul weapons, but I would still love having GoF and 50-~65 attack levels b:laugh Especially with the upgraded demon farstrike never missing a zerkcrit with that from 20 meters away would be incredibly fun
  • teikiatsu11
    edited August 2014
    how exactly would having all weapons r9rr make us too powerfull?

how about instead we take more than half of the skills every other class have and make it so they cant use their r9 weapons with them that would be balanced

all that would ahppen if u give BM's full set of r9 weapons is we'd be AS powerfull as other classes cos we'd no longer be swapping to inferior weapons for half our skills and PWI would ern more money from BM's buying and refining and sharding them

would actually be really great on their part some bm's would spend to get the other r9 weapons, probably would b:surrender i like using my other weapon paths.

it would make pvp better for bm's we'd get more attack options, our ranged attacks (the new farstrike and spirit chaser) would be able to zerkcrit giving us a better chance before they close in on us and our other weapon paths would be more viable since with pvp a lot of people have r9rr we need zerkcrits to really win a fight, especially against fully buffed, all josd, +12 players.
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited August 2014
    I can ask, but chances are I won't get a response fairly soon. I'll see what info. I can pull.
  • teikiatsu11
    edited August 2014
    I can ask, but chances are I won't get a response fairly soon. I'll see what info. I can pull.

That would be very greatly appreciated! b:victory Thank you for any info you can get.
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    u nutz imagine all the mats for 3 more weapons QQ
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    id like to see all r9 weapons too but ijs the QQ of butthurt nimwits after that wud in the scale of ridicule... you can allready 1 shot endgame arcanes and LA's with warsoul recast swords (dont even need to be +12 , mine is +7) if u top that with gof its like gg but if its like pwi usually does we mite actually get em and few weeks go by all bm skills nerfed (again). were the class that has had most skill nerfs along the time by far b:chuckle i wonder why lol...

And yeah theres skins allready in the files for each r9 wep at least pole and sword fists i cant comfirm. But even so purely cause of the look of r9 blade being as bad *** as it is id get it even if it was weaker than my warsoul one. b:dirty

and like morri said were outa blance atm cause swapping to inferior weps and well allready the fact that making atm top tier all path weps .. is like dirty much money ;D no other class needs to +12 and shard 4 diff weps ... so yes it's allways been unfair..

saying all this tho i actually wudnt want gof on the other weps ... it wud be as broken as sins in a way.. i dont wanna become a 1 trick wonder .. ( yes flash is that op)

but maybe since we allready have acces to spirit blackhole we just have to downgrade on dmg alot so id like to see this in at least one of them (preferrably fist lol )

idk honestly tho much other procs that wud give much benefit pierce for one maybe... or dat 3 sec stun thing w/e its called
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • teikiatsu11
    edited October 2014
    id like to see all r9 weapons too but ijs the QQ of butthurt nimwits after that wud in the scale of ridicule... you can allready 1 shot endgame arcanes and LA's with warsoul recast swords (dont even need to be +12 , mine is +7) if u top that with gof its like gg but if its like pwi usually does we mite actually get em and few weeks go by all bm skills nerfed (again). were the class that has had most skill nerfs along the time by far b:chuckle i wonder why lol...

And yeah theres skins allready in the files for each r9 wep at least pole and sword fists i cant comfirm. But even so purely cause of the look of r9 blade being as bad *** as it is id get it even if it was weaker than my warsoul one. b:dirty

and like morri said were outa blance atm cause swapping to inferior weps and well allready the fact that making atm top tier all path weps .. is like dirty much money ;D no other class needs to +12 and shard 4 diff weps ... so yes it's allways been unfair..

saying all this tho i actually wudnt want gof on the other weps ... it wud be as broken as sins in a way.. i dont wanna become a 1 trick wonder .. ( yes flash is that op)

but maybe since we allready have acces to spirit blackhole we just have to downgrade on dmg alot so id like to see this in at least one of them (preferrably fist lol )

idk honestly tho much other procs that wud give much benefit pierce for one maybe... or dat 3 sec stun thing w/e its called

That's very true having GoF on a sword and poleblade for us would be really OP and then BM's would be pretty much a 1 trick class and I honestly like being one of the more complicated classes to play. b:chuckle

Flash would be OP enough with a GoF sword but with a GoF poleblade as well, Spirit Chaser+Farstrike would become a really OP combo and it's no fun being so simple to play any person could make a BM and 2 days later put on R999 armor and just use the same few skills over and over. b:surrender

Like you said it'd be like Sins, on my server at least, they mostly just put on Chill of the Deep and after stunning just use the same few attacks to one-shot or nearly kill most players b:surrender or they just use R999 daggers with APS armor, stun and kill everyone with zerkcrits before we get out of stun then go back to hiding in stealth.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That's very true having GoF on a sword and poleblade for us would be really OP and then BM's would be pretty much a 1 trick class and I honestly like being one of the more complicated classes to play. b:chuckle

Flash would be OP enough with a GoF sword but with a GoF poleblade as well, Spirit Chaser+Farstrike would become a really OP combo and it's no fun being so simple to play any person could make a BM and 2 days later put on R999 armor and just use the same few skills over and over. b:surrender

Like you said it'd be like Sins, on my server at least, they mostly just put on Chill of the Deep and after stunning just use the same few attacks to one-shot or nearly kill most players b:surrender or they just use R999 daggers with APS armor, stun and kill everyone with zerkcrits before we get out of stun then go back to hiding in stealth.

I don't think the problem there is the sin if you are dying that fast.b:chuckle
  • teikiatsu11
    edited October 2014
    I don't think the problem there is the sin if you are dying that fast.b:chuckle

I'm not R999+10~12 only base R9 with +5 b:chuckle I can stand about 4 or 5 hits against my friend that's a full deity sin but half the time I'm uncharmed (as of late I have charms because of event gold codes left and right) still he can get me pretty fast by stunning then using Subsea
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lol forget Spirit chaser + Farstike combo Dragon Rising with r999 Gof Pole would be awsome b:laugh

fist meh

Sword lol Flash from R999 Sword would be way too Op.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lol forget Spirit chaser + Farstike combo Dragon Rising with r999 Gof Pole would be awsome b:laugh

fist meh

Sword lol Flash from R999 Sword would be way too Op.

The only problem is Dragon Rising only lasts 4 seconds with a pole. It does, however, last the full 7 seconds with a sword. A well refined GoF sword would give Star Smite use as a damage skill as well, and not just chi.

The issue is that aint nobody got time to obtain, let alone refine another 2 WS weapons ('cause lolaps is dead)

If they were significantly easier to obtain than the axes, I'd be all for it. If a BM needs 4 weapons to be effective, after obtaining the main one we should be able to obtain the others for a fair bit cheaper since we're the only class to actually make use of multiple weapons to access the full potential of our class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Any info on this sparkie?
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]