Why?

124»

Comments

• XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's simple actually. I always wanted to roll a caster on our server but I focused on my barb so far and I can go for it now pretty much. So why not roll the new caster?

Ya from what we all know til now is that the moon fairy does not have any major dmg amp in any way. True. But their mobility makes her the biggest trolling class and possibly an amazing supporter in TW. Sure. I'm used to playing mainly wizards, venos and especially clerics...but xad I always wanted to annoy the **** outta ppl xD

On another note: we all know our belo ed devs (Arch) and what they did with the primal skills. I have high hopes/trust in them that we will see some OP amps/debuffs on the sage/demon skills or at least the primal ones (:

If that class gets anything like a 50% dmg amp in any way it'll be extremely OP.

And just look at the servers we have and what you have to do to catch ppl that are actually running away from you as a melee...hell even caster won't be able to catch that class. Even if the fairys skills lag and the animation gets delayed a sec or 2 then they will still move...they won't just stand still and be lagged back. That's another major reason why I chose that class. Just imagine that beast with endgame gears carrying the flag in NW...wtf...sure if ur paralyzed firever and such it wont make a huge difference but you can otherwise just kill all "lowbies" that could possibly also stun/paralyze you and you dont even have to stop walking...thats huge.

Well...guess that class will be best in group PvP situations. My ticket to get out of that 1on1 craze for once xD

Night shadow class has 2-3 paralyze skills, one aoe paralyze i believe and a teleparalyze xD

ofc a r9r3+12 jades s cards Moon fairy would be OP, but any caster with that gears would be such

the problem is that w\o any phys res self buff, from what i've seen any sin\night shadow will really **** this Moon fairy ***

you can move and cast ofc it could've advantages in terms of positioning during mass-pvp, and this is awesome\gamebreaking for a support class, but so far i didn't see any strong support skill such strong heals or squad buffs... and the moment someone impairs its mobility with any CC skill, this is a dead character
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    To be fair though, Demon Ironwood has a 20% chance to proc. Unless it's a lucky day, the player will have to throw Ironwood a few times (costs chi) and then Arcane Antinomy costs a spark and has a 2 minute cooldown.
    If the pet is not hitting you (is dead or w/e) you can use a physical defence charm because you're expecting it. Unless you're in mass PvP/TW/NW of course in which case you probably won't. Not sure how much the charm helps but it depends on the Venomancer's attack and MP (I've survived Ironwood+Antinomy combos in the past, granted it was from lesser geared Venomancers).

I think it has some "drawbacks" of sorts unlike...other things. I don't disagree things are imbalanced but that's my opinion on the topic above. You'll probably think I'm defending the combo just because I'm a Venomancer anyway >.>

As far as the new classes are concerned I think it's too early to start drawing conclusions on what's good or not. Even if some people have tried them a little on the PWCN test servers, that's not enough to form a good opinion on them yet. Then again who am I to tell you to stop talking about it?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    To be fair though, Demon Ironwood has a 20% chance to proc. Unless it's a lucky day, the player will have to throw Ironwood a few times (costs chi) and then Arcane Antinomy costs a spark and has a 2 minute cooldown.
    If the pet is not hitting you (is dead or w/e) you can use a physical defence charm because you're expecting it. Unless you're in mass PvP/TW/NW of course in which case you probably won't. Not sure how much the charm helps but it depends on the Venomancer's attack and MP (I've survived Ironwood+Antinomy combos in the past, granted it was from lesser geared Venomancers).

I think it has some "drawbacks" of sorts unlike...other things. I don't disagree things are imbalanced but that's my opinion on the topic above. You'll probably think I'm defending the combo just because I'm a Venomancer anyway >.>

As far as the new classes are concerned I think it's too early to start drawing conclusions on what's good or not. Even if some people have tried them a little on the PWCN test servers, that's not enough to form a good opinion on them yet. Then again who am I to tell you to stop talking about it?

tbh i am considering to reroll from wiz, i evaluated 3 classes for the reroll: demon veno, sage sin or night shadow, cause most likely those will be the classes that in future will be able to really wreak havoc

fox form + quite a good CC chain give the sustain to a veno to keep trying amp ironwood till it procs and at very endgame gives chance to oneshot anything out of deaden nerves-tidal\cornered beast even with the safety of a full VIT build (tested)

sage sins well are sage sins

and night shadow seems it has a nice dps, huge crowd control but it will be as squishy as archers if not even worse
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think it is double silly to critisize someones choise to play a toon before it even exists based on if its going to be OP or not.

1: It does not yet exist, we dont know if it will be OP
    2: Why would he not choose a character if its not the most OP one, should we really all play the same ?
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Night shadow class has 2-3 paralyze skills, one aoe paralyze i believe and a teleparalyze xD

ofc a r9r3+12 jades s cards Moon fairy would be OP, but any caster with that gears would be such

the problem is that w\o any phys res self buff, from what i've seen any sin\night shadow will really **** this Moon fairy ***

you can move and cast ofc it could've advantages in terms of positioning during mass-pvp, and this is awesome\gamebreaking for a support class, but so far i didn't see any strong support skill such strong heals or squad buffs... and the moment someone impairs its mobility with any CC skill, this is a dead character

Well, but don't forget their physical resist buff. It's not like they are w/o any kind of buff. I assume that you can see 25% of physical dmg reduction on the fairies for either sage or demon and thats quite something altho I alrdy noticed that the faries are heavily channeling depended...so I'd really want it to be demon.

But yeah, I agree. Guess it is really kinda early for conclusions and stuff but we all know the devs... what are new classes w/o OP skills xDDD

And too bad I can't find any help on my Culti @ChinaServer...currently at lvl 63. I'd so love to try out the 49 and 59 skills...they are quite a few QQ.

If I would find helpful ppl I would even go as far as going for demon...but I couldn't find any demon/sage skills for them so far...so I assume they are not implemented yet which would render this a major waste of time. Guess I just have to wait and see.

And just for the notice:

I will turn to pk mode with that class at lvl30 and stay there forever. I liked that feeling on the chinese server xDD I just wished everyone would do the same...I remember the constant PvPing at orchid temple throughout all levels quite a few years back...that was awesome. Truly awesome.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    I think it is double silly to critisize someones choise to play a toon before it even exists based on if its going to be OP or not.

1: It does not yet exist, we dont know if it will be OP
    2: Why would he not choose a character if its not the most OP one, should we really all play the same ?

well yea, might be double silly to criticize like that, but its triple silly to say ok i reroll it cause casting and moving its OP xD

i didnt say that he should choose the most OP class, i just said that he will regret barb

then i added my opinion that after this classes will be introduced, if there won't be any class skill changes to other "old" classes, my prediction is that sage assassins will be even more op having the anti-ranged damage squad buff + tidal, with tidal also able to prevent the paralyzes from night shadow class
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Joe - Morai
    edited September 2014
    well yea, might be double silly to criticize like that, but its triple silly to say ok i reroll it cause casting and moving its OP xD

i didnt say that he should choose the most OP class, i just said that he will regret barb

then i added my opinion that after this classes will be introduced, if there won't be any class skill changes to other "old" classes, my prediction is that sage assassins will be even more op having the anti-ranged damage squad buff + tidal, with tidal also able to prevent the paralyzes from night shadow class

xD well, the main reason why I wanna roll that specific caster comes down to the mobility thing. Ya maybe it isnt really that OP and all but trust me...it's so much fun to play like that, even in PvE. You can just slash through lines of mobs without ever having to stand still. It just feels very smooth. I always like other games for their possibility to cast while moving cuz I kinda like that. But the other games always lacked other stuffs...so i eventually went back to PWI and dealt with it.

After I heard that we will be getting a moving caster it was alrdy crystal clear.

Sure as hell I will roll that class to endgame but even if it turns out to be pretty weak (which I doubt but its possible) then I won't care that much because honestly...I'm not really thinking about slashing through hordes of players in nw and all...when I imagine that caster (endgame) then I just image how I run through the world map/primal/lot/moma and just 1-shot anything while I Holy path through the land...

The sole thought of that gets me excited like hell xDD

So that actually involves the main topic as well: You can roll a char just to have fun in PvE as well for reasons like that and you clearly don't need to be a genius that the Moon fairy will overshadow any other class in terms of playability and fun by far...but that's no miracle considering the movement imho^^
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Moon fairy will overshadow any other class in terms of playability and fun by far...but that's no miracle considering the movement imho^^

We'll see about that... I'll still love my Venomancer more even after playing the Moon Fairy b:scorn

I think we kinda derailed the thread... a lot lol.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Joe - Morai
    edited September 2014
    We'll see about that... I'll still love my Venomancer more even after playing the Moon Fairy b:scorn

I think we kinda derailed the thread... a lot lol.

Hey, I still love all of the classes (cept psys...never could get into them...really!) and they are all fun to play...but that moving thing...xDD

I just looked into the updated skill description from eoria...and hell...I wanna test them out too =( a 30 % increase in skill dmg plus the regular 33% more dmg while being transfigurated could be the killer thingy of the fairies...

But one last thing about the fairies...if you combine the debuff that paralyzes you every 3 secs for 1 sec and use that aoe reel in that lasts for 15 secs and reels in every 3 secs...then hell...with the right timing you can bug your target in the air for more then 40 seconds if you time it perfectly...(and granted the target has genie on CD it can do nothing against it).

that will turn out to be a huge problem in TWs...and hell thats an AOE. Stand above all ppl with your flyer when they arrive in your base and they will just get *****. Hope they kinda implement something to make barbs immune to reel ins while carrying a cata.

To topic: Ya I added that for a class like the fairies it would be worth to farm my **** off to be able to do the stuffs I mentioned before. At least for me.

EDIT: Just wanted to add for anyone that might be curious. The Scythe got nearly the exact same dmg as the clerics Glaive.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Hey, I still love all of the classes (cept psys...never could get into them...really!) and they are all fun to play...but that moving thing...xDD

I just looked into the updated skill description from eoria...and hell...I wanna test them out too =( a 30 % increase in skill dmg plus the regular 33% more dmg while being transfigurated could be the killer thingy of the fairies...

But one last thing about the fairies...if you combine the debuff that paralyzes you every 3 secs for 1 sec and use that aoe reel in that lasts for 15 secs and reels in every 3 secs...then hell...with the right timing you can bug your target in the air for more then 40 seconds if you time it perfectly...(and granted the target has genie on CD it can do nothing against it).

that will turn out to be a huge problem in TWs...and hell thats an AOE. Stand above all ppl with your flyer when they arrive in your base and they will just get *****. Hope they kinda implement something to make barbs immune to reel ins while carrying a cata.

To topic: Ya I added that for a class like the fairies it would be worth to farm my **** off to be able to do the stuffs I mentioned before. At least for me.

EDIT: Just wanted to add for anyone that might be curious. The Scythe got nearly the exact same dmg as the clerics Glaive.

man that air bug is so annoying and ****, you can't imagine how many times i saw cata barbs beeing reeled in from bms on flyers then CCed resulting in losing catapult

stupid broken mechanic \ bug abuse
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Joe - Morai
    edited September 2014
    man that air bug is so annoying and ****, you can't imagine how many times i saw cata barbs beeing reeled in from bms on flyers then CCed resulting in losing catapult

stupid broken mechanic \ bug abuse

I agree, but we will definitly see an influx in the abuse. As long as no one officially states that its against the rules and/or an bannable offense then it's ok I guess and ppl will do it so will I.

Aside from the cata bug...let's say 3 moon fairys fly over the push squad that went into your base and just time that AOE reel-in perfectly so that the enemies practically can't do anything for 15 seconds straight aside from the barbs losing their catas ofc.

That time would be by far sufficient to just wipe them all out especially since the Reel-in pulls them all to the same place (sage veno purge ftw^^)

Fortunatly it's only a 12m AOE so you need to perform that properly and it's not impossible to counter. Still. I can see loads of new TW strategies flowing around with the release of the new classes.

But really, the one pulling the cata shouldnt be able to be pulled and/or the cata shouldn't get lost when pulled in the air cuz it's not really flying.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Rage slap every BM u see.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • ZAKJER - Raging Tide
    ZAKJER - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    okay i have played for 5 years always being the "noob" never haven the right gear always struggling in tw,nw,pk.. but in that time i have worked hard to get my R9, it took me the 5 years to get where i am. but tbh i woulda been r9 alot sooner but helpn others an letn them get the drops even wen i needed, an knowing very well they really didnt need due to there doin it fer there alt or ,friend.. but this game means more to me than being the best,, it was about my friends that i surround myself with.. as long as they was OP or have the same desire as me.. we always had fun... i could die 20k times in a row.. but if its with my friends it dont matter to me.. But now that i am R9 +5 (will be +12 eventually) i still die an Win the same as wen i was in crappy gear... so to be in this game is either to be a stuck up reaper that jus wants to flaunt your #1 gear an flaunt that your better than me.. or be a down to earth gamer that makes people want to be around you for who you really are no matter how noob you may be... it is a choice that i will say is an easy one fer me.. soo i will struggle to be #1 an forever lvl up my toon an i will bring those around me....with me..... ty JOIN JEDI FACTION!! RT SERVER!! MOTO IS> IMPROVISE,ADAPT, AND OVERCOME! WHERE THE BEST GO TO GET BETTER!! MTFBWY!