Interesting article

WannaBM - Archosaur
WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Off-Topic Discussion
Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
Post edited by WannaBM - Archosaur on

Comments

• haber
    haber Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for sharing that. Sadly though, I think must of us are already aware of what it has to say....we just want to keep on denying it....thanks kill joy b:chuckle
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They wrote it in a funny way though, at least the hamster pics should make up a bit for the lost joy?
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No, the article fails to address its initial argument - that we would continue to play the game even when we no longer enjoy it.

Everything it mentioned from random reward to punishment for inactivity all demands the assumption that we care for it. Why would random reward entice us to keep playing if we don't care? Why would punishing us for inactivity matter if we don't care?

And in the end, why would we care for a game if we don't enjoy it? The article failed to show that we would continue to care about the game and our character despite no longer enjoying the game, and as such the argument is unconvincing.

Some people keep playing PWI for various reasons they find fun, whether it be friends or PvE or PvP. But once all that disappear, they too would leave like I have.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No, the article fails to address its initial argument - that we would continue to play the game even when we no longer enjoy it.

Everything it mentioned from random reward to punishment for inactivity all demands the assumption that we care for it. Why would random reward entice us to keep playing if we don't care? Why would punishing us for inactivity matter if we don't care?

And in the end, why would we care for a game if we don't enjoy it? The article failed to show that we would continue to care about the game and our character despite no longer enjoying the game, and as such the argument is unconvincing.

Some people keep playing PWI for various reasons they find fun, whether it be friends or PvE or PvP. But once all that disappear, they too would leave like I have.

Nobody cares that you left.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nobody cares that you left.

I don't care that you don't care. But I the effort you made is funny, so have a nice day. b:thanks
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Such little caring in this thread. b:sad

Sweetiebot please show me a care bear. b:flower
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »

Sweetiebot please show me a care bear.
    Sure, no problem.

sQuAceo.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    *eats the hamsters*

*notices they're actually players of PWI*

PWE has quite well utilized the techniques mentioned in that article, Kitty thinks.

#5: Dailies. All those dailies.

#4: r9rr, War Avatars, Meridians, shards...

#3: TT-farming, boutique packs, S/A-card packs, BH Rewards...and ofc raffles

#2: Hyper FC removal, Delta, Attendance...

#1: Character customization, NW, current ways of leveling(many little sources of XP...)

After reading the article ask yourself: are you a hamster?.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Interesting article and MMOs have been built on those principles since their inception, with some changes along the way like the f2p model. If the game were not enjoyable, I wouldn't play it. Of course there is a grind, and everyone yearns for rare items which back in the day came from killing bosses, and in this day and age, in PWI, from packs, but that's the nature of a gaming company. Free to play makes them no money. They design it so people with expendable income can get items in game faster than those that choose to spend nothing.

But again we all grind, we spend countless hours trying to improve our pixels, and escape the stresses of life by entering this fantasy world, looking forward to reaching our goals in game. Those that no longer enjoy playing for one reason or another can't let go, and others move on. Some of us still like playing and continue to do so regardless of what the article states.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't care that you don't care. But I the effort you made is funny, so have a nice day. b:thanks

u wot m8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.