PWI Eclipse Expansion Preview, launching 12/16

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Any info on weather this copycat skill copies the sage/demon/primal effects?

Also...

I believe it's in fact Thicket as it costs 2 sparks. Not Falling Petals. One heal is enough.

It was changed to Falling Petals for the actual servers. I just haven't updated skill stuff yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I compared Subsea Strike with Veno skills and Malefic Crush is the only skill that bears similarities with Subsea Strike. Their range is 8 meters, they cost 2 sparks. I guess Eoria simply made a mistake. Maybe instead of manaburn, their Malefic Crush increases damage taken?

Level 10/11 costs 2 sparks, deals physical damage and has manaburn. Primal Malefic Crush costs 1 spark, deals physical damage, has manaburn and a 2 sec paralyze but has a much longer cooldown. No damage increase.

If they were to steal Malefic Crush which one would it be?

Going by Eoria's translation.. if it hasn't changed that is... the skill sounds like a weaker version of Demon Fox Wallop but with a guaranteed proc instead of 20%... which makes no sense because what about Sages? Unless the Venomancer's cultivation/skills don't matter as long as it's a Venomancer you copy from.

I'd honestly rather they have that skill copy from instead of copying something more useful. At endgame the extra crit buff won't matter too much since they'll have high crit anyway. Same reason Assassins don't use Powder Dash so much anymore. <.< >.>
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And here's Moon Fairy's clone skill. >Link<

It looks so good :'0

Edit: I wonder if Mystics or Venos can heal their clone.
    2nd Edit: I just saw that the clone has her own healing skill.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Oh, this is gonna be so fun. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    is there a place i can see the lv 10, demon, and sage versions (with the exact numbers) of the new moon fairy skills? I only site i found had an incomplete list and only lv 1 skills...
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    is there a place i can see the lv 10, demon, and sage versions (with the exact numbers) of the new moon fairy skills? I only site i found had an incomplete list and only lv 1 skills...

No, not yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014

Not even ecatomb worked that fast in his prime. People are still just playing around and getting rough translations, so not we're not even close to that yet. b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Dakoo - Sanctuary
    Dakoo - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This new warsoul recast recast appears to be just a normal warsoul recast, but with a guaranteed +65 atk levels. When warsoul recast is rerolled for a chance at this normally, the weapon retains all refinement and shards. So I have a question: Does the new recast process for warsoul weapons retain refinement and shards like rerolling does or not?
  • hyourinn
    hyourinn Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I searched the thread and I couldn't find anything, but will the new starter area have the aquametals and allow us to get those tradable flyers like the Place of Origination?
  • Usuiwind - Archosaur
    Usuiwind - Archosaur Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This new warsoul recast recast appears to be just a normal warsoul recast, but with a guaranteed +65 atk levels. When warsoul recast is rerolled for a chance at this normally, the weapon retains all refinement and shards. So I have a question: Does the new recast process for warsoul weapons retain refinement and shards like rerolling does or not?

same question b:surrender . i don't want loss mine +11 refine
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Im starting to save money for gear and skills for moon fairy. b:pleased.
    giphy.gif

• Toriell - Sanctuary
    Toriell - Sanctuary Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hyourinn wrote: »
    I searched the thread and I couldn't find anything, but will the new starter area have the aquametals and allow us to get those tradable flyers like the Place of Origination?

There's no such an area and no way you can get aquametals, but you will get a 1.0 flyer when you reach level 10.

And a little about skills, both classes' skill that increases their speed for 1 hour (the one that looks like holy path genie skill), doesn't stack with other speed boosts. If a burning bug in Jungle Ruins hits you, your speed becomes default. The good thing is that this skill cooldown time is very little. b:cute
  • theajbs010
    theajbs010 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have a questiion.
    Does the night shadow is much more better than sin, I mean
    Can it it kill mobs fast enough?, Is it much good at aps/dph?, Is it much more tougher?, Is it good at Mass PvP or just a single target?

That's all I want to know for nowb:victory

I'm a person who wants to speed things up without CS'ing
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    theajbs010 wrote: »
    I have a questiion.
    Does the night shadow is much more better than sin, I mean
    Can it it kill mobs fast enough?, Is it much good at aps/dph?, Is it much more tougher?, Is it good at Mass PvP or just a single target?

That's all I want to know for nowb:victory

I'm a person who wants to speed things up without CS'ing

IMHO it is worse then sins on any account. The things that are making sins really strong are Tidal Protection and Deaden Nerves (anti-1-hit). Night Shadows don't have a single skill like that,

You deal a bit less Physical DMG on them in general and they get lower crits due to their buff. That's all. Still. The inability to avoid all kinds of debuffs out of the blue makes that class extremely inferior to sins. Sure they got lots of CC-Skills and such...and surely deal quite some dmg but they will get stunned/paralyzed and purged just to die as fast as archers do w/o the ability to jump away.

Imho the night shadow class is pathetically useless while the moon fairy class will be the first real OP caster in this game...Moon Scary!
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • theajbs010
    edited October 2014
    Well I am more on physical classes, and about your answer to my question Joe, I guess I'll go sin thenb:chuckle
    If ever sin and moon fairy fight(let's just say they have the same gears and such) does sin will be going hard time to kill moon fairy?
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    theajbs010 wrote: »
    Well I am more on physical classes, and about your answer to my question Joe, I guess I'll go sin thenb:chuckle
    If ever sin and moon fairy fight(let's just say they have the same gears and such) does sin will be going hard time to kill moon fairy?

Depends. If the sin has enough dmg to 1-shot the fairy out of stealth then no, the sin would not have a hard time. If both are fighting in a regulated 1on1 then yes, the sin will have a very hard time...but that does also depend on how often the purify spell from the r9rr weap will proc. Sins don't have a paralyze...so as long as the fairy is unable to stun/freeze then the sin will be absolutely chanceless. Same goes for any close range melee class w/o constant paralyze at hand.

But for a caster to survive elemination from a end-game sin you need to be very endgame yourself.

1 Thing is certain even now...while the fariy is in the transformation mode + self buffed then it will have the highest physical survivability of all caster classes by far due to their passive skill/buff and pdef bonus from transformation.

But if the sin manages to keep the fairy in place then she will go down just as fast as all the other caster I guess.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    despite the new physical class getting a GoF weapon their damage will be negligible, however that is onpurpose becuase if you spent the time that i did looking at their skills and combos you'd realize they are a 100% support class. They will be the new target callers with their ability to infinite telestun around the tw map and massive amounts of single target and aoe stun and paralyze. Once people are skilled with this class i could easily see them being able to forever lock down a single target or a group for a while and dealing a bit of damage. This class is essentially taking a bm and sin together, except they have 2x the cc as a bm and only a fragment the damage of either of them. Also by no means are they a tanky class, sins with their deaden and tidal are definately more tanky.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • theajbs010
    edited October 2014
    Well I guess that's ok for me because all class have ups and downs so yeah b:chuckle
    And also about what Boomz said, sins really lucky about their skills because of their deaden and tidal that makes them a little tanky.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here are what the copycat skill descriptions look like in-game. You can see the stats on all of them.
    I wonder if NightShadow can zerk crit copycat BIDS....

Also Mel put up a video of the Level 100 version of the new instance. Looks kinda meh.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    edited October 2014
    Has just noticed that old races also have a speed boost skill. =) That would be great if arcane classes won't be so slow as they are now.
  • theajbs010
    edited October 2014
    Has just noticed that old races also have a speed boost skill. =) That would be great if arcane classes won't be so slow as they are now.

If they make an exception for moon fairy and those who has leap skills I guess it was ok for meb:victory
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    edited October 2014
    It seems all races and classes have it in PWCN =)
  • theajbs010
    edited October 2014
    Oh I see, well I guess pwe make some tweaks here then.
    I hope pwcn will let other country play their pw and have a server with other languages because in pwi it will suck all your money ijs b:chuckle
    edited October 2014
    The speed skill is given by an item you equip and it lasts for 30 days. It was demonstrated in the videos ppl took of the new zone, it's a quest reward of sorts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wonder if NightShadow can zerk crit copycat BIDS....

If so... b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
    edited October 2014
    Could we expect another 79 skill for both classes? They would be, otherwise, the only race with only 1 skill each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Could we expect another 79 skill for both classes? They would be, otherwise, the only race with only 1 skill each.

I don't know if they have any, as you said, they should have one more. But tbh, their 79 skills are far more useful than any other 79 skill in the game, and it seems like they are also really fun skills.

But yeah they should have one more.

Do they have their Morai skills yet? I don't think they do, but some of the posters said they do.

I don't think there is any Morai skill in Eoria's translation, because if you watch Mars' moon fairy 1-59 skills video, then you can pretty much tell which skill is used by reading Eoria's translation, save for the duplicate skill and an another.

Edit: Yay! So I was right about Malefic Crush ^.^
    So they can copy a skill from mobs too :o
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2014

>Zerk-crit BIDS
    It would feel soooooo good to drop a Wizard with this. Or anything else for that matter~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    >Zerk-crit BIDS
    It would feel soooooo good to drop a Wizard with this. Or anything else for that matter~

Even so, considering the dmg on the r9 weap of theirs and knowing that their dmg will be (maybe even) on par with those of sins, then I don't think it would create a huge impact. Earthen Rift (sins) still deals more dmg judging from the numbers we've read on that skill. The Range is nice tho.

But tbh...if those skills can't zerk then they would be useless (most of them) imho.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • hyourinn
    hyourinn Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There's no such an area and no way you can get aquametals, but you will get a 1.0 flyer when you reach level 10.

And a little about skills, both classes' skill that increases their speed for 1 hour (the one that looks like holy path genie skill), doesn't stack with other speed boosts. If a burning bug in Jungle Ruins hits you, your speed becomes default. The good thing is that this skill cooldown time is very little. b:cute

Ah thanks. & are those flyers stashable?
    Wish I could've gotten the flyers from the primal world starter area
    b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.