Opening multiple clients?

Options
missinin17
missinin17 Posts: 38 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
I believe in the past it is bannable to open more than 2 clients. I heard many ppl are opening 4 or more clients for a long time now and have never got into account lock. So is this officially legal now?
Post edited by missinin17 on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Isn't legal. People have a history of ignoring rules here because PWE is, generally, kinda bad about enforcing them since around early 2010.

Granted, there are still people who do get the banhammer brought down on them, it's just not often something we hear about.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • mysticalasst
    mysticalasst Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    nothing in the official Terms and Conditions stating how many accounts per IP address

i see here are opinions...nothing stating "officially" how many accounts per IP address
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    nothing in the official Terms and Conditions stating how many accounts per IP address

i see here are opinions...nothing stating "officially" how many accounts per IP address

*waits patiently for someone to post the GM's comment "officially" declaring 2 accounts max*

*Edit* Jadsia wins
  • mysticalasst
    edited October 2014
    Options
    since you can do nothing but repeat what I say...I will make it simple for you..

Where in the Terms and Conditions does it state how many accounts per IP address...
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ehhh who really cares.I used to..the game is 6 years old now and seen its better days but what do you expect from a world of alts and when its getting worse to fill a squad for anything.Hell I even have screen shots of people who run x4+ alts at a time and yes its usually a person with R9rrr.Send them in?nahhhhhh pw isn't going to do a thing about it,so its just better to stick to yourself and do what you feel you want to do.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

Since I'm not aware of any policy changes regarding the number of accounts per person and number of clients open per person posted a couple years ago it is perfectly clear what the rules are:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1061761

If there is something more recent than this I'm sure someone will post it but until then this is the official response.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • mysticalasst
    edited October 2014
    Options
    thank you for showing me where to look...it clearly states 2 accounts per person.
    .and they use this example also...3 people in a household...thats 6 accounts total..
    i was wondering cause my wife has 2 laptops she uses for 2 char
    and i use 2 lap tops for 2 char and we run a 4 man squad(5 if you count her pet).
    and yes at times...tempers flare...
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I see nothing worng with 4 accounts on one computer,its called taking turnnnnsssssb:chuckle

Note:my post might get deleted,been happeing a lot lately :/
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    when you login the characters selection screen it sometimes pops up on the right window that its only 2 clients too b:cute i dont think pple bother to read that window tho...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan