PWI Eclipse Expansion Preview, launching 12/16

Comments

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    3) New daily registration system. Can miss <= 3 days a month and get full credit. There are daily rewards too on a schedule.

Wanted to clarify this now that I've actually taken a look at it -- the "daily rewards" are not changed on a per-day basis, but instead work like so:

September has 30 days, so it has a list of 30 items. On the first day you sign in during September, you unlock the first reward. One the second day you sign in during September, you unlock the second reward; and so on. You get the rewards in order regardless of which actual days you sign in on (and they don't necessarily have to be consecutive).

September's list of rewards on PWCN, in order:

1 Teleacoustic
    1 Fantasy Fruit
    1 Teleport Incense
    1 Sutra Power Orb
    1 Teleport Stone
    1 Mystical Pill
    1 Hyper EXP Stone
    2 Teleport Incense
    2 Teleport Stone
    1 Reflective Shard
    1 Martial Arts Scroll
    1 Amber Gold Ink
    1 Guardian Scroll
    1 War Avatar Pack: C
    1 Mystical Pill
    1 Reflective Shard
    1 Hyper EXP Stone
    1 Amber Gold Ink
    1 Radiant Shard
    1 Holy Pill
    1 Squad Signet
    1 Martial Arts Scroll
    1 Amber Gold Ink
    1 Arcane Sky Pill
    1 Radiant Shard
    1 Primordial Blood
    1 Holy Pill
    1 War Avatar Pack: A
    1 Primordial Blood
    1 Squad Signet

While we're at it, they have new ugly-*** unitframes now.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Erven - Sanctuary
    Erven - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    freygin wrote: »
    They only hyped it at early announcement then. A lot were mentioned such as arcade like combat, new graphic engine (shadowland3 / angelica3), etc, that made us really think it was a brand new title instead of an expansion.
    Shameless lies that serious company should never attempt, unless they take their playerbase as an idiots.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Wanted to clarify this now that I've actually taken a look at it -- the "daily rewards" are not changed on a per-day basis, but instead work like so:

September has 30 days, so it has a list of 30 items. On the first day you sign in during September, you unlock the first reward. One the second day you sign in during September, you unlock the second reward; and so on. You get the rewards in order regardless of which actual days you sign in on (and they don't necessarily have to be consecutive).
    -snip list-
    While we're at it, they have new ugly-*** unitframes now.

Ah that makes a lot of sense, actually. And it also means we can't just skip days to get only rewards we want like I'd initially assumed. Still nice to have a bit of added benefit for checking in.

As for the UI... meh. And odds are PWI will switch to the new one and phase out support for the current one just like they did to the classic UI. :/
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hoping we can keep using the current UI somehow. I really like it. Zzzz...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I actually quite like that bit of new UI ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd really desire the translation of the final skills release especially for night shadow :S
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    Toriell - Sanctuary Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sorry for a silly question - is ini editing allowed in PWCN?
    If so has anyone tried to use the eyelashes of a new race to old ones? I want such eyelashes on my female chars but I don't want my males bat their eyelashes. b:pleased
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Sorry for a silly question - is ini editing allowed in PWCN?
    If so has anyone tried to use the eyelashes of a new race to old ones? I want such eyelashes on my female chars but I don't want my males bat their eyelashes. b:pleased

INI editing was legal on every server except PWI until we got the update to our rules on it. As is, we still have the most restrictive rules when it comes to editing INI files... but better than it being completely against the rules here.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Ok, then I'll try to edit ini but not sure it goes well. I wish old races have such gorgeous eyelashes but only for females. Thank you for clarifying, OPKossy.
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Rus skill translation Moon fairy prolly have few mistakes coz used approximate numbers for 10lvl
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Rus skill translation Moon fairy prolly have few mistakes coz used approximate numbers for 10lvl

Thanks for the link, the bing translations were much clearer from Russian than they were were from Chinese. My question is, you grouped the copy skills for both classes with the primal passive buffs, does that mean those 2 skills are primal skills?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    looking @ night shadow skills

oh god lunar drink + moment = free teleparalyze spam? :O

decreases chance to receive critical damage by 22% ? :O sand miasma rekt

it has a 3 seconds stealth? :O

reels in? :O

the ranged damage reduction seems its a passive skill, not a squad buff

wow overall seems a quite nice class, very paralyze to melee dps oriented

this will be a beast in 1on1 b:dirty

looking into moon fairy class

30 min squad buff that reduces incoming damage by 20%? :O

aoe knockback that works on players :O

it has a passive skill that reduces damage from auto attacks by 60 (s i x t y) % :O (Clan Blood Moon Rising) is this confirmed?

it creates a decoy for 20 seconds :O

wow amazing also demon form increases phys res by 240% :O

its better than expected
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the link, the bing translations were much clearer from Russian than they were were from Chinese. My question is, you grouped the copy skills for both classes with the primal passive buffs, does that mean those 2 skills are primal skills?

Its 79lvl skills. Clan Blood Moon Rising numbers right. Both squad buffs expires with changing area like mystics buffs. And i personally think moon fairy buff reduce only any physical damage.
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So, as far as I can tell Night Shadow's copycat skills are;

Blademaster's Heaven's Flame (oh great! <.<)
    Wizard's Black Ice Dragon Strike (well...their race has something to do with dragons so it makes sense)
    Archer's Stormrage Eagleon (ok.I guess...?)
    Cleric's Ironheart Blessing (well)
    Barbarian's Invoke the Spirit (mhm)
    Venomancer's ???
    Assassin's Subsea Strike (god thank it's not tidal or nerves)
    Psychic's Soul of Retaliation (ok)
    Seeker's Quid Pro Quo (:/)
    Mystic's Falling Petals (It says Thicket in the translation but I remember it being changed to Falling Petals? at least they stole a not-so-powerful skill)
    Night Shadow's Eclipse (why are they copying their own skill. lol)
    Moon Fairy's 59 skill which is that purple tornado that draws aggro.

There are two skills that I can't place...
    Moon Water Mirror Flower - Strong Sprint Kill
    Range 4.5m
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 1.0s
    Cooldown 60.0s

Inflict base physical attack damage plus X physical damage and increase crit rate by 30% for 8sec.

Costs 2 sparks.

and
    Moon Water Mirror Flowers - Hunting Magic Mirror
    Melee Range
    Mana 232
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 1.0s
    Cooldown 60.0s

Basic attack on a target causing attached 3799 physical damage. If the target is a mob, this damage is tripled.

Why do they have 13 copycat skills instead of 12. There are 12 classes. What is happening! >.<

And apparently it's a 79 skill.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Wizard's Black Ice Dragon Strike (well...their race has something to do with dragons so it makes sense)
    Venomancer's ???
    Mystic's Falling Petals (It says Thicket in the translation but I remember it being changed to Falling Petals? at least they stole a not-so-powerful skill)

and

Why do they have 13 copycat skills instead of 12. There are 12 classes. What is happening! >.<

The crit increase is a copy of assassin Power Dash 2 sparks and 8 second duration. Same same same.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    tek1nig wrote: »
    The crit increase is a copy of assassin Power Dash 2 sparks and 8 second duration. Same same same.

Why do they have 2 skills from sins then? o.o
    You probably don't know the answer :p
    I still can't tell veno skill...

How does this skill even works like? Do they need that different class (who is a party member?) to steal their skill or... what? Are they gonna farm stuff for different skills? Or is it random, like I click the icon and it turns into a skill from other classes?

Sorry, I kinda talked about this skill too much.

Who's the copycat class now, mystic-haters? b:cry
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My closest explanation for the veno one is Demon Fox Wallop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    edited October 2014
    What about skills that are learnt with skill books? Do we still need them to learn sage/demon skills?
    The new skill learning system is quite comfortable but I wish we could learn skills when flying too.

And it's good that one can gather herbs and other resources without a pickaxe. b:laugh
    Also there are some missing NPCs in Lochmur treasure quests.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wonder about places like Morai entrance where each race has its platform. Aestetic changes could happen. I wondered this about the Origination, but that's a goner. Curious about other things involving the 5 current races and the way the 6th might or not be put in.

I'm probably one of the very few wondering about this. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    edited October 2014
    What is that code system that many people ask about in WC in PWCN? Where can one get those codes for flyers and such?
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Venomancer's ???

and

Night Shadow's Eclipse (why are they copying their own skill. lol) , maybe different cooldown for it.

How long is the cooldown of this copycat skill ? Does specific class have to be near this class for them to be able to use it or how does it work ?

for example Cleric's IH, will the amount of IH regen HP the same as the cleric being copied or what ?
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    edited October 2014
    freygin wrote: »
    Night Shadow's Eclipse (why are they copying their own skill. lol) , maybe different cooldown for it.

How long is the cooldown of this copycat skill ? Does specific class have to be near this class for them to be able to use it or how does it work ?

for example Cleric's IH, will the amount of IH regen HP the same as the cleric being copied or what ?

IIRC, Eoria said the amounf of healing will be based on Night Shadow's phy attack. As for the other skills, most of them have a lower chance to work than their original counterparts or they are completely same.

We only know the copycat Eclipse's cooldown, which is 1min.

I don't how does this skill works like but I'm really curious about it. I start to like playing my sin alt so I'll definetely try this new LA class just for the sake of this skill b:chuckle

*still clueless about veno skill*
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank god IH will be taken based from their own patk.

This class will have zerkcrit , right ? since it's LA and melee. Would be OP with heaven's flame. Zerk = x2 dmg, crit = x2 dmg, heaven's flame = 2x dmg, 2x2x2= 8x dmg >_<' . The dev should pick more useless skill from BMs, like Stormrage Eagleon from archers b:chuckle
    edited October 2014
    Mel has just posted a video of the night shadow's 79 skill with the copying. It seem you need to have the class you want to target in proximity and targeted in order for you to use its skill. Pretty neat, and I like it has limitations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    edited October 2014
    Mel has just posted a video of the night shadow's 79 skill with the copying. It seem you need to have the class you want to target in proximity and targeted in order for you to use its skill. Pretty neat, and I like it has limitations.

Woah! It's really cool. So they have their own animations for copycat skills.

Now. I really want to see moon fairy's decoy/clone skill.

Here's all 1-59 moon fairy skills. I found it in Russian site. >Link<
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    edited October 2014
    I wonder what buffs they can steal and if they can redirect it to other person or just for themselves?
    edited October 2014
    I wonder what buffs they can steal and if they can redirect it to other person or just for themselves?

Ummmm if you read a few posts above you'll see what skills they can steal (not buffs). Also, no, they skills are only for themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    edited October 2014
    It's confirmed in the video that they can copy Power Dash from sins. They can't steal 2 skills from the same class >.<

I compared Subsea Strike with Veno skills and Malefic Crush is the only skill that bears similarities with Subsea Strike. Their range is 8 meters, they cost 2 sparks. I guess Eoria simply made a mistake. Maybe instead of manaburn, their Malefic Crush increases damage taken?

Sooooooooooo... they can copy;

Heaven's Flame
    Black Ice Dragon Strike

Stormrage Eagleon
    Ironheart Blessing

Invoke the Spirit
    Malefic Crush

Power Dash
    Soul of Retaliation

Quid Pro Quo
    Falling Petals

"Eclipse"
    purple tornado

Case closed. b:bye
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Any info on weather this copycat skill copies the sage/demon/primal effects?

Also...

Moon Water Mirror Flower - Montreal Branch
    Range 28.5m
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 1.0s
    Cooldown 60.0s

It's thicket.

Costs 2 sparks.

I believe it's in fact Thicket as it costs 2 sparks. Not Falling Petals. One heal is enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just get rid of auto cult gawwwd. This is going to be so stupid.
    So reborns can get exp without FC?

What the ****...you could've just meditated.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
This discussion has been closed.