Glaive VS Saword VS Pataka G16

morenawolf
morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Venomancer
... I really don't know what to choose. b:cry
I'm getting everything I can to make my g16 set, but I miss this scary detail. Which one do you suggest me to craft, considering that I'm a vit hybrid build (future pure I hope) and I pve all time with the only exeption of NW? I would be happy if someone could explain me why, according to legends, the pataka is the best weapon for Venos. Swords and glaives looks better as damage, I'm not a lover of variability, in fact I'm Sage.

Right now my TT90 Weapon is the Wraith Conqueror, if this could help me to choose.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
Tempestosa - Stormbringer
Archosaur & Morai server
Post edited by morenawolf on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Most people hate Patakas actually.
    It's just that our rank weapons are all Patakas because... I guess Patakas are supposed to be our signature weapons, perhaps because they have the highest physical attack... but they have the slowest attack rate (1.00 vs. 1.25 for every other weapon).

Wands are usually good for healers (Clerics or support oriented Mystics) or for healing your pet if you pet-tank a lot since they have the lsmallest gap of min-max attack.

Magic Swords have a higher spike damage but the gap isn't too big so it's balanced.

Glaives have a little more spike damage potential than Magic Swords.

Patakas have the largest gap of min-max attack so they have the highest potential for spike damage but they are also very random.

G16 Nirvana weapons are, more or less, good regardless of which one you choose so people often just pick the weapon they like the most as far as the design goes. Some players pick the Pataka because it's really pretty.

From my observations, most Venomancers choose the Magic Sword or the Glaive, although I've seen a considerable amount of players with the Pataka. I'm not sure if that's because they really wanted the Pataka (it's really pretty!) or they thought that's the best weapon for Venomancers because as I said, that's our rank weapon. The wand is less popular with players. It's usually a popular choice among Clerics/Mystics.

When I farmed my Nirvana gear, I chose a Glaive. I didn't want a Pataka again after using the R8 for a long time. I also didn't want the Wand because I wanted some spike damage (despite having a Cleric on the same account who inherited the weapon). The choice boiled down to either the Magic Sword or the Glaive... I thought the Glaive is prettier.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like the pataka looked better then sword/wand or glaive on my veno or in my opinion. lol.
    Cleric has g16 glaive. Cleric will inherit g16 gear when my veno is r9
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    That Nirvana Pataka is really pretty and you're right, it looks great on Venomancers. I really didn't want to use a Pataka yet again though... so I went with the Glaive.

Well, in the end it didn't matter since I got R9rr and I have to use a Pataka again haha. Truth is I thought Nirvana will be my endgame but..never say never I guess. Made a new friend/game husband who helped me farm for it.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Pataka is better for pvp, big gap of attack helps a lot when your target has to expect high damage from you any moment and can't be sure if it's time to defend or keep counterattacking. Better if you have high crit rate along with it. But if you are mostly pve, you can choose weap according to its look only. At the average they hit about the same, doesn't matter that much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In my opinion, Pataka will benefit out pets damage output since it has the highest maximum magic attack.

Probably can somebody explain this?b:chuckle
  • ErisedDeSang - Sanctuary
    ErisedDeSang - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    helovesu wrote: »
    In my opinion, Pataka will benefit out pets damage output since it has the highest maximum magic attack.

Probably can somebody explain this?b:chuckle

Heals are base on magic atk.

I used a glaive until I got R8. when I went g16 I stuck with the pataka because I thought I'd gain the pdef I lost, I was wrong however I ended up still loving that pataka
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    That's quite true. I overlooked this.

Attack = (Max weapon Magic attack + Magic Rings + Magic attack adds + Shards)x(Loyalty)x(Inherit Coeficient) + Pet Attack stat = overall attack power of the pet
  • nestorulloa
    nestorulloa Posts: 19
    edited October 2014
    I went for pataka, the real reason it was the 1st mold that i found and i was desperate for having a G16 before hitting level 100(and i did it b:pleased):

so here is what i learned from it:

Starting with pets: your pet damage after evolution gets affected by the max magic attack and a low refine pataka has better max damage than a mid refined wand or sword, but also has the smallest min(this wont affect your pet at all)

now we get into foxform: the low attack rate is not a problem since you use foxform skills not aps,i have 76 STR (60 + adds) and i have around 6k Physical damage, dealing 11k+ damage on mobs, its not bad at all for fighting casters on pvp after a purge/amp combo.

in normal form(or human form whatever) the hits are a bit random, i find myself hitting 35k then 40k same skill same mob the damage range is waaaay open making it tricky on pvp but also can be a bit annoying if you are used to a sword.