What will be a good news for Venos in upcoming expansion?

helovesu
helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Venomancer
Since the rumour was already spread loudly, what could be a good news for us?

Generally speaking, I'd love system that will enable us to switch our cultivation without having to lose the demon/sage books.

However, we still do not know the specific good things for venos themselves.
Post edited by helovesu on

Comments

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The only thing we're getting is bramble working in pvp, but depending on soulforce. Honestly, that's more than the other classes are getting, so that's nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That squad buff of the new class (reducing damage from crits), if it's going to stack with the short buff of the Demon imbued fox form, so does this mean they are going to make this buff less useless? b:question
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That squad buff of the new class (reducing damage from crits), if it's going to stack with the short buff of the Demon imbued fox form, so does this mean they are going to make this buff less useless? b:question

The new buff supposedly reduces "crit damage taken" whereas the translation for the Fox Form buff is "reducing attackers' Critical Rate by 5%" or "reduces chance to receive critical hits" if you hover over the icon.

It's a bit confusing but I'm fairly certain the Fox Form buff is "reduces chance to receive critical hits" and thus is a completely different buff than what the new LA is getting.
    Besides, if it was the same thing we would run the risk of -same icon buff- which would make us and Demon Barbarians overwrite the buff. Being useless is one thing, overwriting the more useful buffs is a whole different story.

So nope, I think the buff will remain useless. If it was higher % it might have been worth it but to me it's rather useless because the 5% chance to avoid a Crit is negligible when you have Archers and Assassins running with 80-85% (or even higher) Crit Ratio anyway.

Things I would have given to Demon Barbarians/Venomancers instead of that buff would be any of these:
    - increase crit by 5% to go along with the whole crit/spikedamage/offence theme of Demons (new buff preferably so it doesn't conflict with skills like Demon Fox Wallop)

- 10/15 Chi respectively so that both updates are basically chi-form updates (Sages still have the higher chi)

- 25%/30% Tidal to compliment the whole "runnin' fast can't catch me yo" as it would have a chance to resist debuffs (including movement debuffs) but that wouldn't fit any theme for the Barbarian... also not sure about the Tidal % exactly as I wouldn't want it to be OP but just not useless.

- if it has to be the crit buff then I'd increase it to 35% or something so that it actually makes a difference (once again not sure on the %)

It would be nice if I'm mistaken and it actually gives the buff some use by stacking with the LA's buff but I highly doubt so.

On topic:
    Was the bramble thing confirmed? I'm taking things with a grain of salt but assuming it's true I'm going to be curious about what effects they give to Sage/Demon?

I imagine the Sage one will keep the longer duration while the Demon one with have a higher % on the soulforce like Demon Soul of Vengeance does.

Other than that I doubt there is anything else for us (or other classes in general). Past expansions have already taught us that we'll probably not get tame-able pets anymore unless they add another rare pet like the Hatchling. I don't want to keep my hopes up but it would be nice if they addressed all the pet evolution related bugs.

I would really want another skill update in the near future because we still have skills that desperately need an update (eg. Frost Scarab) or new Primal Skills even because I like farming skills hehe. I'm sure other classes want some skill updates too.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2014

So nope, I think the buff will remain useless. If it was higher % it might have been worth it but to me it's rather useless because the 5% chance to avoid a Crit is negligible when you have Archers and Assassins running with 80-85% (or even higher) Crit Ratio anyway.

That's why I was wondering why they would give us such a strange buff in the first place, as it's usefulness is so doubtful in comparison with what Sages get... So to be honest, I hoped that they were going to make it stackable with some new buffs or passives in upcoming content updates, to justify it's existence. Looks like the new expansion gave me a false hope :)
    edited September 2014

On topic:
    Was the bramble thing confirmed? I'm taking things with a grain of salt but assuming it's true I'm going to be curious about what effects they give to Sage/Demon?

Not that I'm aware off, people were mostly trying on the new classes, but several people posted about it being implemented with Chinese forums links and such before the test server got the update. I would assume they'd keep to it, since it was the only skill change announced, I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The only thing we're getting is bramble working in pvp, but depending on soulforce. Honestly, that's more than the other classes are getting, so that's nice.

If that's true, it's about damn time.

Link or source?
    edited September 2014
    If that's true, it's about damn time.

Link or source?

It was somewhere on this thread, but it's to long to search for it QQ http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1712551
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The skill description for bramble was unchanged so I'd consider the soulforce switch to be a rumor for now.

The 'good news' for veno is that they won't be much affected by the 3 new archer nerfs they are added.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Yeah you could put it that way.
    Being glad they didn't nerf anything for our class like they did with Archers b:embarrass
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Besides, if it was the same thing we would run the risk of -same icon buff- which would make us and Demon Barbarians overwrite the buff.
    Not necessary. Antistun buff doesn't overwrites, for example. But it would be epic fail if demon anticrit really cancelled new class buff like it is with speed buffs b:laugh
    Thus, best case: they stack
    neutral: no effect from our own skill while shadow's buff is on
    pessimistic: veno's buff overwrites and cancels shadow's buff b:embarrass
    I think this can be confirmed now, but don't know if anybody there bothers to check this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Not necessary. Antistun buff doesn't overwrites, for example. But it would be epic fail if demon anticrit really cancelled new class buff like it is with speed buffs b:laugh

Yeah, true.
    edited September 2014
    The skill description for bramble was unchanged so I'd consider the soulforce switch to be a rumor for now.

The 'good news' for veno is that they won't be much affected by the 3 new archer nerfs they are added.

Damn, that sucks to hear, it would have been an interesting change :/ .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It sure would have. Now, How shall we venos counter the new classes?b:chuckle
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Killing their chi will probably be very important (not that it isn't already but just saying).
    Purge obviously...and the rest I'm not sure.

The LA class will be an issue because of their ranged damage reduction so we'll have to keep them close by stunlocking them. Then again they will kinda have to get close to us to kill us to begin with... they have some ranged skills apparently but I assume most of their attacks are melee regardless?

AA class? The kiting might be very annoying but I don't think they'll be a major threat because we can usually tank magic damage well enough (if you're R9rr anyway). At least I hope so.

Just speculations though...might be very different once we try them and we still lack a lot of information on their skills like the % of damage and such.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm thinking that perhaps that ability to channel may be impresive, but most of veno's spells have short channel, and sincerely sometimes with all the purify I get I feel like I'm moving while debuffing.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not to mention my monkey and nix is twice as fast as the new classes are so they may have trouble kiting them.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Russian translations of skills:
    Rus skill translation Moon fairy prolly have few mistakes coz used approximate numbers for 10lvl

It makes translating them into english easier. There's this skill:

Mana 234
    0.4 preparation
    Application 2.2
    Cooldown 30.0
    Preparation of chi: 10
    Restriction in Arms: katana, unarmed
    Blessing to all members of the group. Decreases chance to receive critical damage by 22%, reduces damage taken from monsters by 6%. Lasts 30 minutes.

The translator gives "critical hit" as another translation option so I'm not sure if it's damage or hits.

I hope that if it's a buff to decrease the chance of receiving hits, it stacks with the Demon Fox/Tiger Forms buff. Then the buff wouldn't be negligible anymore (sorry Archers...). However if it overwrites the 22% buff.... it's gonna be completely stupid.