Real reason server is down

Options
nanbo554
nanbo554 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Suggestion Box
The servers tried calculating the inflation rate. All those zero's and 9999 broke it.
Please fix economies.

Meaningful content at level tier ranges. You are taking a step in PW2 to have new player class start in a new home area and can not leave until level 20. This is good for immersion, please tie in other things to get more involved in the content. 99.9% people I talk too never read a lick of the quest text dialog... Maybe cut scenes? Maybe in game things that play out logically?

Boost more armor looks adn fashion for in game work. Not cash shop. That is, have more choices of things we can CRAFT in game (and still keep a stock of other looks in cash shop). 90% of the player base (99.9% female players) play this for fashion only. This is the ultimate game of barbie (sorry guys, deep down, you know that is where most cash goes... and why you probably hide your gaming fetish from other fellows at school). Pull more people in with a larger crafting table.

Stop social scaling. Stop you are either OP super man in over priced and P2W armor that took you from age 16 - 25 to farm for free. Or you are a no one. Put in tiers.

Fix the group finder. We know you have to the frame work in (that does not work), but you keep it broken because you want people to spend real cash on global chat megaphones. So obviously some was thinking "Global chat is a social thing only, to share thoughts, grouping should be done through a working system finder". And instead you left it broke because people so desperate we have to "LFG" in a global chat (usually reserved in a "LFG" free channel in ALL MMORPGS that exist...). Fix it.

The little things that pile up to huge trash heaps. The ability to double tab bosses. The horrible linear dungeon experience. The teleport to reflection bieng a QUEST! ("Sorry your quest log is full") to take a damn teleport??? sticky UI (can't hide the big glowing treasure chest). etc...

Class preference. Gazillions of Sins and veno's. The lower count of wizards. This kills people wanting to play anything except the most OP races (GL finding a group as a wiz, when everyone is a sin or veno asking for barbs and clerics). I know the solution you are about to launch is too add 2 other classes the closely resemble the other said classes....saturation does not fix problem, you might have noticed that with your broken economy...

PRo tip - making a better game WILL Stop people asking for bandaide solutions like "Fix FC".
Think about it
Post edited by nanbo554 on

Comments

• picolo08
    picolo08 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Listen.

2 things i have to add, or disagree with about your post.

No.1 You can hide the glowing chest. Once you click on it, there is an option down below, to uncheck it. From then on it will be gone, untill you compplete something and the reward that the box includes is given to your char for w/e it is that you completed. That is like ever 5 lvls till u reach 100.

No.2 No. Main classes on HL are NOT sins, and NOT venos. Neither Wizzards. People have DIFFERENT classes as their main. There is alot with bms, alot with clerics, alot with archers, alot with seekers and so on as their mains. You just need to chill out relax and kick back. If you don`t get all your dailies done, so what, big ****** deal. If you don`t get your stuff done cus u`re not 100, or not 1st rb, or 2nd rb or not OP as ***, so what, you`ll get them donen ext day.
    I`m not being a smartass on this, it is how i do it, and trust me, it narrows down the stress.
    I usually get everything done on all chars of mine, and if i don`t? I say ** it and walk away till i`m rdy to play again w/o being pissy.

No.3 Pwi is fun, pwi is free to play, who gives a damn about the ppl that spend trillions on a game, yeah pwi does, cus they have to, it is their food when players cs, lol, and it`s making them a good chunk of money, look at how many games they got. But besides that, you don`t need to care about a game so bad, irl you are still you, and they are still they.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    To the OP, that other game you mentioned....have you read the forums there? There are more complaints there then here. People are leaving that game in droves including several friends of mine that told me to not even bother with it. They have already quit.

As for classes needed, PWI has made it more class friendly, at least endgame. People love wizards in and psys in FS. As a seeker I have no problems finding squads. I even get asked to join them quite often. When I start squads, I like a nice class make-up. Each class has its function. I will even take a good mystic over a cleric if no cleric can be found. But everyone that plays regardless of the class they chose, should be allowed to join a squad, be it a barb, cleric, sin, psy, veno, BM, wiz, seeker, mystic, archer. Its also not PWI's fault that far too many want class specific toons in their squads. Its more a problem with certain squad make-ups being ingrained in their head.

They already give us free fashion in event boutique. Maybe not a lot of it, but enough to have quite a few outfits. They need to start adding more fashion to the boutique instead of in packs. A few bucks here and there won't break the bank of most people. It also would add a source of revenue and increase the amount of dyes when they go on sale.

Regarding the economy, yes its a bit messed up, and the free to play player has to work harder, but each time a major cash shopper leaves the game, there is that much less gold coming in. Less gold, the demand is higher and as a cash shopper (though not elite), if my gold will sell for more, why should I sell it for less? If you want gold, then buy Zen. As the saying goes, "put up or shut up"

As for gear, yes there is a disparity between the haves and have nots, but that is the nature of this game. PWI caters to people with deep pockets. They only let you play for free. The free to play player, other than being a body behind the character, does nothing for PWI's bottom line. Sorry to say that, but its true. You are just a number. Never spend a dime on the game, you are just riding the coattails of those that do. PWI even lets you get all the elite gear for free if you are smart and know what to farm, can read the needs of the players and merchant those needs. Sure it might take a long time, but unless you are willing to pull out the credit card (which sustains the game), then you can't complain about the game being free to play. It reminds me of people going to a concert and being in the nose-bleed section complaining their $20 ticket made it so they couldn't see the band, when those in the first rows that paid $500 are rich ***holes and you also deserve to be there with them.

The only real issue with the difference between those with elite gear/cards/refines/shards and those that don't have elite gear is PvP and TW. Not everyone is interested in those. A lot of us are happy with the PvE element in game. I didn't include NW because even someone with G16 gear with refines around +6 or +7 which is attainable easily enough without spending money, will still get a fair amount of tokens. They might not get 500+ in a winning nation, and they may be one shot a lot, but they can still get 150 to 250 tokens in a winning nation. Anything else in the game, G16 is ample enough for any instance.

I do however agree with some of your points like reflection being a quest when it shouldn't be, and a LFG channel would be nice since WC seems to be a lot of whining and egotistical p***s stroking (mainly between the elites that think they are the best even though this is just a game, they take it way too seriously. Then again maybe they should be able to since a lot of them spent many thousands on the game)
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    My assistant washed and brushed my fur so well that I became extra fluffy and the servers couldn't handle it so they went down.

Couldn't resist.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I tried out any MMORPG in exiatence, even the most recent ones. All of then lose to PWI in many ways.

Sure all of them are doing somethings right, some stuff is even amazing. But they also lack many many things that other games have. So if you trade a game for ca the same amount of pros and cons then it is absolutely senseless. There is no "perfect" game. So we might as well keep playing PWI or start playing a new one half way every now and then to get a change for a short time and then return to pwi. Really. It's senseless. I can rather farm some more stuff here then to waste my time anywhere else. It's all a waste of time. Thats the sense of life. To waste your time until you die. How you waste it is totally up to you but remember. In the end it doesn't even matter. Nice quote huh? XD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    My assistant washed and brushed my fur so well that I became extra fluffy and the servers couldn't handle it so they went down.

Couldn't resist.

This is very true b:chuckle

And lol, this argument again. Yea, every new MMO of course killed PWI: Especially AA, being a pvp focused game will totally rip away all the players *facepaw*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2014
    Options

Couldn't resist.

Ya, all that static buildup will fry just about any electronics. you need the anti-static mat to stand on when doing that. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keileena_PL - Harshlands
    Keileena_PL - Harshlands Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    image.jpg

b:laugh

My version of PWI advert reworked in paint
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    clearly the +12 orb sale causes instability for the servers.

Its like a few years back, anyone remembers? b:cute
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Couldn't resist.

Nothing beats shiny, fluffy fur~

But more seriously, people will find the worst arguments around and rant to all because they're thinking the game is trash to them... Why play if it's so unsufferable?

I do admit it does contain results of bad/awful decisions though (as for hypers and FF, it's a definite decision from the devs... What's the maintained backlash about?)
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    image.jpg

b:laugh

My version of PWI advert reworked in paint

omg lol that's hella funny xD
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.