All Server Issues [Resolved]

Comments

• orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I do believe they are on Linux.

Thanks, the Shellshock bug is probably unrelated to issues going on with PWI - but we won't know unless they say.

Just idly speculating, but if various loaclities and servers were going down today for updates (and I'm pretty sure most servers run some flavor of Linux) PWI might have some incompatability with the fixes.

Scarier thought - how PWI servers are run could take advantage of the bug, and now the bug-fix causes a major issue in the game...
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Goodbye Tigers =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • chaosregen8
    chaosregen8 Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks, the Shellshock bug is probably unrelated to issues going on with PWI - but we won't know unless they say.

Just idly speculating, but if various loaclities and servers were going down today for updates (and I'm pretty sure most servers run some flavor of Linux) PWI might have some incompatability with the fixes.

Scarier thought - how PWI servers are run could take advantage of the bug, and now the bug-fix causes a major issue in the game...

I dont think this is update issue none the less because this is the second time today this has hapend but now its effecting the arc system now too I wounder if its actualy arc comunicating badly with the other servers causeing them to crash
  • obsceneyouare
    obsceneyouare Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The hell do we realy need another game like PWI why not just publish it as an addon not PWI 2 or some **** the first game isint even compleate at all and isint even stable at all

It is nothing like pwi, our game is so fooked up cause our devs are greedy and got permission from pwcn to sell gear items in cash shop. In pwcn i believe you have to farm your gear...e.g r9

Bascially what the new game does is give an update to the graphics engine, makes the game alot more fair buuut from what i've heard the pwcn players will have the choice to pay to move chars onto pw2

hopefull we wont get that option and i hope even more it is a new game where you can NOT cash shop gear =)
  • westcoaster78
    westcoaster78 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Man I literally just got the funds for my +12 orb and the servers are down? b:cry The CM said worst case senario it is fixed by maint..... So am I out the chance at the orb for my weapon because of the server going down? Kinda sad that I was away for a week and came back in time but now I might still be out LOL
  • Annoying - Lost City
    Annoying - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    nah is just a bunch of rumors

In pwcn its not actually an update its a whole new game, with how much of pwi client base has gone **** you and started playing LoL or WoW i doubt very much we will get that update..however i do think we will get ripped off YET AGAIN and the DQ will be nurfed to 1 coin stickly cause our DEVS are greed mongering twots

I can assure you, as a player of PWCN, that it is an expansion. PWI is actually the English language version of Perfect World 2. We have been PW2 this whole time.

You also forget that content updates and expansions are made by China. Where the player base is MUCH MUCH stronger; in fact so much stronger China has something like 30 or so servers (seriously. not even kidding).

We will most definitely be getting that update. It's not PWI's decision what we do and don't get. Fun fact; PWI, PWJ, PWMY, PWIN and PWE (PW Europe which is actually merged in with us) are all subsidies of Perfect World Co. LTY (aka Wanmei/PW Beijing). That is why China has so much control over our version. Our game is not fully licensed like PW Russia is and China gets most of the say in whatever is done here (even to restore refines on npc'd gear that had been returned requires China's approval). As we are literally APART of Wanmei; we get every expansion and every content update. We don't get the freedom to choose whether we get it. Most of our devs, are IN China. The customer support emails? You can bet your sweet **** some of those go to China's customer support team.

Again I repeat; IT IS NOT A WHOLE NEW GAME. IT IS AN EXPANSION. I REPEAT; IT IS AN EXPANSION. There are no graphic updates (besides some NPC's getting makeovers). Everything is exactly the same and everyone's toons still exist. I would open it and show you but I do believe China is currently in maint right now
  • chaosregen8
    edited September 2014
    Man I literally just got the funds for my +12 orb and the servers are down? b:cry The CM said worst case senario it is fixed by maint..... So am I out the chance at the orb for my weapon because of the server going down? Kinda sad that I was away for a week and came back in time but now I might still be out LOL

We all are out :( b:angryb:angryb:angryb:cry
  • chaosregen8
    edited September 2014
    I can assure you, as a player of PWCN, that it is an expansion. PWI is actually the English language version of Perfect World 2. We have been PW2 this whole time.

You also forget that content updates and expansions are made by China. Where the player base is MUCH MUCH stronger; in fact so much stronger China has something like 30 or so servers (seriously. not even kidding).

We will most definitely be getting that update. It's not PWI's decision what we do and don't get. Fun fact; PWI, PWJ, PWMY, PWIN and PWE (PW Europe which is actually merged in with us) are all subsidies of Perfect World Co. LTY (aka Wanmei/PW Beijing). That is why China has so much control over our version. Our game is not fully licensed like PW Russia is and China gets most of the say in whatever is done here (even to restore refines on npc'd gear that had been returned requires China's approval). As we are literally APART of Wanmei; we get every expansion and every content update. We don't get the freedom to choose whether we get it. Most of our devs, are IN China. The customer support emails? You can bet your sweet **** some of those go to China's customer support team.

Again I repeat; IT IS NOT A WHOLE NEW GAME. IT IS AN EXPANSION. I REPEAT; IT IS AN EXPANSION. There are no graphic updates (besides some NPC's getting makeovers). Everything is exactly the same and everyone's toons still exist. I would open it and show you but I do believe China is currently in maint right now

OMG PWI 2 I nver played 1 O.o Noooo But still a expantion would be cool but Id rather see these bugs fixed too
  • obsceneyouare
    edited September 2014
    My theory on PQ3 is this; China really isn't IN to Public Quests. Their Cloud Stirs and Sky Cover's are obtainable by much easier means. Most bug fixes and game changes we get in content updates and the like, are made by China with their player base in mind, meanwhile, we have to "make do" and change our play style accordingly.

I don't think PQ3 will ever get fixed and that is mainly because the players of PWCN don't care for it and never really have.

I'm pretty sure pwcn doesn't care much for the international market anyway, would be nice if the rings were obtainable by other means in our game too, but as far as i know there was only 2 ways 1..pq3 and 2 what a freakin shock PACKs so i don't actually think its pwcn at all i think its our mods, devs, gms w.e you wanna call them.

All they keep saying is we will talk to them about it, but tbh i don't think they are. pwi is cash based..pwcn is cash but you have to farm your gear.
  • chaosregen8
    edited September 2014
    I'm pretty sure pwcn doesn't care much for the international market anyway, would be nice if the rings were obtainable by other means in our game too, but as far as i know there was only 2 ways 1..pq3 and 2 what a freakin shock PACKs so i don't actually think its pwcn at all i think its our mods, devs, gms w.e you wanna call them.

All they keep saying is we will talk to them about it, but tbh i don't think they are. pwi is cash based..pwcn is cash but you have to farm your gear.

arent they making money thow or isint it even enuff for them? IDK I hope PWI dosent go the way of Rusty Hearts,
  • Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide
    Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm sure that the PWCN management in China would like to hear your complaints and will probably see that you are individually compensated with what you want. Please, use THIS LINK to get the email addresses of those who can help you at their main offices in China.

I'm sure that they would be interested in your thoughts on the game, game play and existing issues as well and will answer your questions on each aspect you mention in your emails/ telephone calls.

P.S.

Tell them you support the students in Hong Kong as well.

b:victory
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I dont think this is update issue none the less because this is the second time today this has hapend but now its effecting the arc system now too I wounder if its actualy arc comunicating badly with the other servers causeing them to crash

That's just a plausible as any number of things.

What I wasn't clear explaining is that I meant all the servers between us and Arc that might have updated. I think that the average minimum number of servers for webpages is like 5?? (Amazing how my traceroute for local sites can zigzag across the country to the various server farms and such.)

Bah, I think I'm to tired to think anymore on this. I'm off to catch the rest of Sleepy Hollow, and maybe Castle. Popcorn anyone?
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • Annoying - Lost City
    edited September 2014

China is not easy to persuade. The international versions of their game are always second to the original's needs, yes. China does not have packs in their boutique I don't think. Not at the moment anyway, not that I can see.

Mods are players like us who have powers in the forums, so they have nothing to do with it. Dev's and GM's are two different things. Gm's are mainly just customer support these days. You'd be surprised how much of the chit we cop here is actually PWCN's decision.
    OMG PWI 2 I nver played 1 O.o Noooo But still a expantion would be cool but Id rather see these bugs fixed too

Perfect World was like the Open beta/Alpha w/e in China. When it went "live" it was Perfect World 2 and that's the version that got translated and released into our market.
  • eazyearthling
    eazyearthling Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014

always wondered what would happen to US Servers if everyone decided to NOT cash shop at all....would PWI pack their bags and completely shut down.....or would they actually do things to try and not drive away existing users for a change?
  • HarleyDaviso - Raging Tide
    HarleyDaviso - Raging Tide Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Right in the middle of doing quests, did fbq's and never even got a chance at my free bh1. Stupid problems! b:cry b:angry b:cry
  • chaosregen8
    edited September 2014
    always wondered what would happen to US Servers if everyone decided to NOT cash shop at all....would PWI pack their bags and completely shut down.....or would they actually do things to try and not drive away existing users for a change?

ahh man Please dont go there I love PWI no mater how bad things may get with the server yesterday I put in LOTS of cash for gold My wife hung me for it but I suport the game
  • Annoying - Lost City
    edited September 2014

Perfect World Co. LTY would probably shut us down.
  • CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well looks like I won't be playing pwi tonight. I thought maint was on Wednesday morning when did that change? b:shutup
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
  • obsceneyouare
    edited September 2014
    I think if people actually got smart and stopped cash shopping both our team and pwcn would take note, we might not be in the billions =s but if we were to stop cash shopping and say enough is enough fix ya damn game..then i'm pretty sure they would take action
  • chaosregen8
    edited September 2014
    Well looks like I won't be playing pwi tonight. I thought maint was on Wednesday morning when did that change? b:shutup

It didint buddy we crashed again :(
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ahh man Please dont go there I love PWI no mater how bad things may get with the server yesterday I put in LOTS of cash for gold My wife hung me for it but I suport the game

^ This, as much as PW has it's flaws it's actually a very good game at it's core and still one of my personal favorite MMO's.
  • obsceneyouare
    edited September 2014
    hey i like pwi to, BUT if **** doesn't shape up i'ma ship out. Even **** or **** is better then being dicked over by money hungry butttards.

Not saying all the Devs and **** are like that, but i'm pretty sure if pwcn was actually getting alot of the complaints about what is happening they would take note, yes pwcn might come first..but they wouldn't have made the game if they weren't interested in the rest of the market.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited September 2014

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21907001&postcount=1 b:bye

I guess no lucid quests tonight. Ah well, I'm glad I logged out out of annoyance before the issues happened. :P
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • chaosregen8
    edited September 2014
    Uhh stupid question if Maintenance is Wednesday and the servers are down now and wont be fixed until after maint prob would that mean it will prob be down just about 2 days? b:sad
  • angieliz
    angieliz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    b:chuckle somebody in pwe accidentally applied the patch for the servers. unless they give us early client patches, we will be able to play again. b:laugh
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    IJS extra long maintance lol well basicly but anyway Perfect Timing to just give us that HUGE Update b:victory

I do mean the one we all want with the 2 new classes and all the extra goodies
  • AdagioSonata - Heavens Tear
    AdagioSonata - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Goodbye Tigers =/

Q.Q Yeah. Was looking forward to it. But, it can't be helped unfortunately. Even though it's a week away, there is next week. Hopefully we can do it then ^^;;
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Uhh stupid question if Maintenance is Wednesday and the servers are down now and wont be fixed until after maint prob would that mean it will prob be down just about 2 days? b:sad

Maintenance has been moved to tonight. There should be none tomorrow. But hey, who knows? b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • chaosregen8
    edited September 2014
    angieliz wrote: »
    b:chuckle somebody in pwe accidentally applied the patch for the servers. unless they give us early client patches, we will be able to play again. b:laugh

That makes sense because I got prompted wrong version please run patcher... Makes ya wonder
  • chaosregen8
    edited September 2014
    Maintenance has been moved to tonight. There should be none tomorrow. But hey, who knows? b:surrender

well thats good to know I placed an order for 1000 Gold lol