POL, was it right to remove FC hypers ?

WannaBM - Archosaur
WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
Post edited by WannaBM - Archosaur on

Comments

• mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    After i create my time machine, go back in time and lvl up like 2 of my characters with Fc, I'll come back to this time and answer this question.

Edit, just got back, Yes.
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    no bad idea developers (pl.) thinks as though has every at it into games arrange real money to put PV people on PV are not or sou lazy that who wanted on lvl up so went FC or buy FC now isn't nothing
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like not having FC. My alts have a much easier time making or finding BHs.

FC was a mindless bore in my opinion hence the reason I rarely ever did it. Every once in a while if friends invited me I would go but other than that I avoided it like the plague. While levelling is a little slower without FC its still brutally easy to level in this game without it.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    imo terrible idea,

i witnessed entire low level factions mass quitting the game because of this.

bad bad bad choice pwe
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh, great! Another poll for alts to answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We'll see how well this next expansion works out. I personally don't like choices/ options being taken away or suprises, so for this whole thing to happen without warning does not sit well with me. Yes we should have recieved some kind of warning about this, considering the drastic game changer that this poses.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    imo terrible idea,

bad bad bad choice pwe

Really? We have had a lot of new players and returning players lately that have joined our faction. Overall most seem to like FC being hyper disabled. Low levels help each other in their BHs, make friends and seem to be enjoying themselves playing the game in a way that one instance no longer dominates everything to do. Plus people are more social and as I said above, more helpful to one another.

But as they say, adapt or quit
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Really? We have had a lot of new players and returning players lately that have joined our faction. Overall most seem to like FC being hyper disabled. Low levels help each other in their BHs, make friends and seem to be enjoying themselves playing the game in a way that one instance no longer dominates everything to do. Plus people are more social and as I said above, more helpful to one another.

About the new players, it's just so weird to think that as SOON as the FC was out, new players automatically came to the game, They wouldn't even know what FC was, and that players who left for years just Automatically Knew when it was disabled and came back.
  • clokey#3498
    clokey#3498 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    just accept it, FC WONT COME BACK, u make or not pols they wont change this... FC is OVER FOREVER
    Assassin: http://mypers.pw/8/#355157
    ||v£rtì¢ãlmØd£||
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It was ultimately a good choice, but it probably would have been better to limit/cap it instead. Also, I doubt waiting till the expansion to end FF would change anything: players would still be upset about their main leveling instance being stripped from 'em and being "forced" to quest and do other things. Even if they introduced new quests and revamped the old stuff to be somewhat worthwhile, it would still pale to the way FF was before Hypers were b& from that place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I sadly liked FC, mainly because for those that can't play endlessly used FC to level their side characters. With college and what not, My kitty is making a slow progression towards 100 as it is close to 80. Those quests still don't give anywhere near a considerable amount of EXP for the work placed into it.

I voted that it was negatively viewed to take away; but alas, it was never meant to be.
    It was a drug, we're addicted. We can say "Yes it was a good thing to remove" but face it, it was the easiest thing to get closer to end game and many of us used and loved it.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh great. Another FC hyper QQ OMG now the game is going to die because of one instance thread.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    *shrug* Not like you can't go at a decent speed without FCC.

Also ironically, the rebirthed people that leveld the fastest in our faction spammed cube. Nerf cube please?b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014

i had my alt in a faction that had 100+ players with level range 40 to 80

i was logging and always finding at least 30+ online

now i log and its always 1 online (me) :( and none of them reached lvl 100 :(
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    It was ultimately a good choice, but it probably would have been better to limit/cap it instead. Also, I doubt waiting till the expansion to end FF would change anything: players would still be upset about their main leveling instance being stripped from 'em and being "forced" to quest and do other things. Even if they introduced new quests and revamped the old stuff to be somewhat worthwhile, it would still pale to the way FF was before Hypers were b& from that place.

I just wished they had made this decision the first time around, when the change was met more positively because there wasn't rebirth. In fact at that time, way more people voted to restrict FC (most from 75+) than this second time around. If everyone had been on the same playing ground when that expansion came out, I think it would've went a lot better. Even though the vast majority of people reached 105/105/105 by using PV and NOT FC, there was a definite general perception by the more casual player base that FC was superior for it. They are wrong but that doesn't really matter when we lose a player because they think they won't be able to reach 105 now.

I would have preferred as well though that the restriction was for 75+. Hopefully this expansion address that concern adequately enough though that it's not a big deal any longer.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like not having FC. My alts have a much easier time making or finding BHs.

FC was a mindless bore in my opinion hence the reason I rarely ever did it. Every once in a while if friends invited me I would go but other than that I avoided it like the plague. While levelling is a little slower without FC its still brutally easy to level in this game without it.

This was a terrible TERRIBLE idea.

1) Your answer will greatly interest pwi staff.

How much you cashed during your level 1 to level 99?

How much you cashed during your 100+?

The point is 99% of pwi income comes from end game. People do not cash over 1000$ when they are under level 99. This will affect pwi income greatly.

2) Old players who have multiple alts and these people will not quit the game anytime soon.
    They have an insane advantage over people that only have a single level 100 character.

3) Most people that do not want FC back are those same people that already have multiple alts and do not want others to have that advantage.

4)I leveled in FC from level 80 to level 90.
    Without FC I would have quit the game 2 years ago.
    I quit pwi when I was level 90. I got bored of doing BH,world quest everyday, I really hate BH. At first is fun but after you do the same intance over 100 it becomes so boring...
    Then I came back to the game few months after I quit and did FC till level 100 then I got back my interest into the game.

5) Quest exp SUCKS from level 80+ Then Even BH is **** when 90 to 99.

6) Most low level players are alts. Not much new player coming into this game. Leveling all over again an alt is boring... Doing BH over 100 times to be 100 on an alt why I should when 90% of the players leveled easy before. I can barely have time to play my main and progress I have no time for alts now.

7) FC I found it very fun experience. I loved doing FC runs way more than doing bh.
    I feel that without FC a piece of the game content is missing. I sometimes get bored and do FC runs sometimes.

8) Really FC a Bore? Do you love World Quest so much? do you?

9)Good luck leveling 105-105-105 without having multiple alts to open PV.
    (Atleast 10 level 100 alts are needed to level efficiently)
    Its was easier to level to 103 than leveling 10 alts to 100.

10)Most of the top players in this game have over 10+ alts.New players or people who only have 1 level 100+ character will not be able to compete at all.

11) People used to sell FC big rooms.It was a way to make coins for new players that recently reached level 100 and needed some coins to invest. I prefer them making money that people making coins while been afk. People should earn while playing the game or by cashing.Making coins afk is very bad for economy.

Its is sad that an instance in the game that you could do when you were bored was taking out.Also a great way to help some players.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Dutch_death - Heavens Tear
    Dutch_death - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just wished they had made this decision the first time around, when the change was met more positively because there wasn't rebirth. IF everyone had been on the same playing ground when that expansion came out, I think it would've went a lot better. Even though the vast majority of people reached 105/105/105 by using PV and NOT FC, there was a definite general perception by the more casual player base that FC was superior for it.

bs most reached 105/105/105 true ff before ff was hyperdisabeld almost no one did pv
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited September 2014
    bs most reached 105/105/105 true ff before ff was hyperdisabeld almost no one did pv

All the people I know that got it and many of the people who posted here that got it, got it primarily through PV. PV is very, very good for 101+ leveling.

• Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like having hypers disabled for FC and if ppl remembered i was one of the ppl that said it should have been done years ago, though i agree that it should have been done LONG ago as well as it should have been some notice ahead of time. instead of just pullin the plug on others out of the blue.

Leveling is still easier then it was 5 years ago. I fac mate of mine was level 95 when hypers was disabled he be 100 by tonight or tomorow. and he isnt rebirthed so the "It gonna take forever to reach 100 without FC" claim is out the window.

2 days ago I Accually met 1 new player to PWI and 1 returning after 3 years . Ppl need to give it time and watch the changes i mean HELLO? This is PWI ppl will find ways and shortcuts all the time. Atleast it wont breed ppl to play the game FC style all the time.

For the ones that JUST want to reach 100 in 5 days sorry for ya, for once ya get to accually talk to NPC's other then telestone and the Thousand streams/ FC teleporter b:laugh
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
    edited September 2014
    All the people I know that got it and many of the people who posted here that got it, got it primarily through PV. PV is very, very good for 101+ leveling.

maybe when you ra seeker or endgame toon and you buy pv 100 openers so you can do like multiple runs then yeah but when you in like s2 gear like my archer you try to solo pv wont work and when you wc for pv squad lets say 95+ then most solo it so finding pv squad 95+ is really hard because most 95+ ra with high refined gear or r9 gear so yeah when you dumped loads of cash in pwi and got the coin to buy pv openers then maybe its beter but when you only do free to play with lets say s2 gear then finding a pv squad is really hard but wasnt expecting otherwise pv is a great instance for the cs players wich pwi adore,s the more zen is bought the more pwi like,s you when you purely free to play pwi doesnt say it out loud but they rather want you to leave and this is not a rant but its the truth to find a pv squad for my archer on ht average cost are + 30 tele,s to find like 2 people
  • jwillson123
    edited September 2014
    I just wished they had made this decision the first time around, when the change was met more positively because there wasn't rebirth. In fact at that time, way more people voted to restrict FC (most from 75+) than this second time around. If everyone had been on the same playing ground when that expansion came out, I think it would've went a lot better. Even though the vast majority of people reached 105/105/105 by using PV and NOT FC, there was a definite general perception by the more casual player base that FC was superior for it. They are wrong but that doesn't really matter when we lose a player because they think they won't be able to reach 105 now.

I would have preferred as well though that the restriction was for 75+. Hopefully this expansion address that concern adequately enough though that it's not a big deal any longer.

People did level to 105 with FC. Not by actually leveling to 105 with FC.
    But by leveling 10+ level 100 characters.
    I know this because I know multiple 105x3 players and I ask them how they leveled to to 105x3 and they all told me. I did by doing PV 10+ a day.
    I ask them again how did you did PV more than once? They told me I have 10+ level 100 characters to open PV with.
    They also told me it took them only 3 months to level 105x3

So there you go another advantage older players have.
    People who do not have multiple alts +100 will not reach 105x3 ever.

I like having hypers disabled for FC and if ppl remembered i was one of the ppl that said it should have been done years ago, though i agree that it should have been done LONG ago as well as it should have been some notice ahead of time. instead of just pullin the plug on others out of the blue.

Leveling is still easier then it was 5 years ago. I fac mate of mine was level 95 when hypers was disabled he be 100 by tonight or tomorow. and he isnt rebirthed so the "It gonna take forever to reach 100 without FC" claim is out the window.

2 days ago I Accually met 1 new player to PWI and 1 returning after 3 years . Ppl need to give it time and watch the changes i mean HELLO? This is PWI ppl will find ways and shortcuts all the time. Atleast it wont breed ppl to play the game FC style all the time.

For the ones that JUST want to reach 100 in 5 days sorry for ya, for once ya get to accually talk to NPC's other then telestone and the Thousand streams/ FC teleporter b:laugh

You will never reach level 105x3 now I hope you happy :)
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited September 2014
    maybe when you ra seeker or endgame toon and you buy pv 100 openers so you can do like multiple runs then yeah but when you in like s2 gear like my archer you try to solo pv wont work and when you wc for pv squad lets say 95+ then most solo it so finding pv squad 95+ is really hard because most 95+ ra with high refined gear or r9 gear so yeah when you dumped loads of cash in pwi and got the coin to buy pv openers then maybe its beter but when you only do free to play with lets say s2 gear then finding a pv squad is really hard but wasnt expecting otherwise pv is a great instance for the cs players wich pwi adore,s the more zen is bought the more pwi like,s you when you purely free to play pwi doesnt say it out loud but they rather want you to leave and this is not a rant but its the truth to find a pv squad for my archer on ht average cost are + 30 tele,s to find like 2 people

Get a partner to duo it and get yourself some s3 gear. You don't need to be a cash shopper to use g16 with moderate (+7-8) refines. You'll get plenty of exp to level without spending a ton of money. Ask a facmate or friend to open for you, you'll probably find ones that haven't been selling off opening and aren't interested in 105/105/105 that would be willing to help you out. You'd probably take longer than 3 months since you aren't r999, but everything takes longer than r999 that is true with or without FC.

People did level to 105 with FC. Not by actually leveling to 105 with FC.
    But by leveling 10+ level 100 characters.
    I know this because I know multiple 105x3 players and I ask them how they leveled to to 105x3 and they all told me. I did by doing PV 10+ a day.
    I ask them again how did you did PV more than once? They told me I have 10+ level 100 characters to open PV with.
    They also told me it took them only 3 months to level 105x3

So get a friend to help you. Or wait until the expansion comes out and 80+ becomes easier.

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Pretty sure most of the 105x3 people are r9rr and have no issues soloing PV. tbh, also pretty sure there's no way to have hit 105x3 mostly via FC by the point at which hypers were disabled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • jwillson123
    edited September 2014

So get a friend to help you. Or wait until the expansion comes out and 80+ becomes easier.

I have no problem with that I have x3 level 100 alts and 1x 98 also I got a great friend that has 16x level 100 alts.
    But others players I feel sorry for them.
    These days is a most to be 105x3 to be competitive in pvp.
    Reawakening gives insane amount of stats.

I got question for you Venus how many level 100+ alts you got?
    edited September 2014
    Get a partner to duo it and get yourself some s3 gear. You don't need to be a cash shopper to use g16 with moderate (+7-8) refines. You'll get plenty of exp to level without spending a ton of money. Ask a facmate or friend to open for you, you'll probably find ones that haven't been selling off opening and aren't interested in 105/105/105 that would be willing to help you out. You'd probably take longer than 3 months since you aren't r999, but everything takes longer than r999 that is true with or without FC.

its not about me i dont wanna hit 105x 3 i dont play pwi even that more annyways i am waiting on a new game to come out in november then i be gone maybe i log in to talk to friends and fac but wont be playing annymore and on the note about s3 i agree but dont say its easy my s2 top costed me alone around 38 mill 16 mill pro gold piece alone with the prices on ht its almost impossible to get some good gear for normal coins and i know you can run tt for mats but for real illusion stone from last boss in tt when do they drop almost never so you wil end up buying them because you tel me a faction who dont mind farming tt 3-3 for 6 to 7 hours each day with a squad for a small change on a gold mat and going for r8 with todays rep price,s wen you dont cs near impossible i dont mind putting effort in pwi been here for years now but pwi became the domain of cs players and the farmers and poeple who depend on mobs for coins are left in the dark by pwi and you probally dont agree to that i know its you job to defend pwi and say it isnt so and al is good but i believe strong that the old pwi from like 3 years ago was a way better game then now.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    imo terrible idea,
    bad bad bad choice pwe
    I would like to get hypers in frost back, but if such tiny issue stops players from lvling and make them quit, there is no way they would become competitive/endgame players in the future. Lvling isn't the hardest thing they would encounter in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    all 105 lvl vote on Yes, it is good they removed it. b:laughb:laugh
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited September 2014
    I have no problem with that I have x3 level 100 alts and 1x 98 also I got a great friend that has 16x level 100 alts.
    But others players I feel sorry for them.
    These days is a most to be 105x3 to be competitive in pvp.
    Reawakening gives insane amount of stats.

I got question for you Venus how many level 100+ alts you got?

If you want to stay competitive in PVP, 105x3 you need r999 at any rate. The people who can't make PV viable, are mostly people who aren't going to be competitive in PVP.

And I don't have a lot of 100+ alts, in fact I don't got any. Neither do I have endgame gear. Doesn't stop me from being able to grab a friend and duo with him to get in multiple PVs. If you can't do the 100+ ones, then do the 95+ one until you can get that alt up to 100. Are we able to do as much as r999, no. It would take us longer than a r999 player to reach 105/105/105 if we wanted to do that. That's for darn sure. No if ands or butts about it. But still though, you aren't going to get there by standing around and doing nothing. Ask around and see if you can make a friend with similar interest in doing PV a lot. Work on you gear in the meantime.

its not about me i dont wanna hit 105x 3 i dont play pwi even that more annyways i am waiting on a new game to come out in november then i be gone maybe i log in to talk to friends and fac but wont be playing annymore and on the note about s3 i agree but dont say its easy my s2 top costed me alone around 38 mill 16 mill pro gold piece alone with the prices on ht its almost impossible to get some good gear for normal coins and i know you can run tt for mats but for real illusion stone from last boss in tt when do they drop almost never so you wil end up buying them because you tel me a faction who dont mind farming tt 3-3 for 6 to 7 hours each day with a squad for a small change on a gold mat and going for r8 with todays rep price,s wen you dont cs near impossible i dont mind putting effort in pwi been here for years now but pwi became the domain of cs players and the farmers and poeple who depend on mobs for coins are left in the dark by pwi and you probally dont agree to that i know its you job to defend pwi and say it isnt so and al is good but i believe strong that the old pwi from like 3 years ago was a way better game then now.

Yes, the economy is the worse it's ever been. But s3 isn't just for cash shoppers. And if you aren't going to be pvp'ing at at all and can't seem to get the TT mats, there are alternatives to it. Not just r8. The morai g15 gear is similar in firepower to g16/base r9 on pve mobs.

• Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This thread again? b:surrender

People rage quit since they cant plvl or sell fc? Well, they will make new room for better player anyways.

What I like from hyper disabled in FC is.....no one is buggering me again for plvl in fc b:chuckle
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I voted for the third option. Although that option isn't what I honestly supported. I supported FCC restriction to lvl75+ not taking disabling hypers completely.
    Complaining about it is meaningless either way, it was a decision by Wanmei from my understanding.

On another note, I'm not sure why some people complain about 105s when they, themselves, aren't interested in it and/or aren't planning to PvP. I'm sure there are a few out there that are PvE only and want to get to 105 just because but most people that are 105 do PvP and/or have good gears which enables them to solo PV in the first place (or have friends that want to level too so they team up).

I know there are people that don't have many alts. There are people that can't find a game partner to duo PV. There are people that can't solo it etc. etc. but most of the people that complain seem to just complain for the heck of it, so I don't get it.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★