Expansion class [Night Shadow] playthrough

Jarkhen - Archosaur
Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion
Posting this in a new topic so I have somewhere to put together a table of contents and whatnot.

I'd put it under the Screenshots and Videos section, but, uh... nobody reads that forum.

Part 1 - Levels 1-13
WARNING: Extra-loud volume on this one. Turn your volume down.
Lots of fumbling around trying to figure out playing a game in a language I don't understand a word of.

Skills learned:
  • - "No Style" (spammable filler spell)
  • - "Owl" (increases the next No Style's damage)
  • - "Hazy" (transformation skill; increases aps, reduces ranged damage, and reduces some skill cooldowns to 1sec)
  • - "Doublet" (makes the next No Style a guaranteed crit)

Part 2 - Levels 13-21
Super special bonus: painful soloing of an fb.

Skills learned:
  • - "Relentless Tour" (1-second telestun on 30s cooldown; cooldown resets if target dies)
  • - "Wings" (fan-shaped AoE, reduces target's speed by 40%)
  • - "Nine Songs" (frontal AoE, [reduces chi?], can only be cast after Wings)

Part 3 - Levels 21-32
Lots of running and questing and stuff.

Skills learned:
  • - "God Photos" (5-second ranged sleep; deals Earth damage at the end of the 5s)
  • - "Should Dragon" (AoE, can only be cast after Nine Songs)
  • - Weapon mastery passive

Other links:
Asterelle's Expansion Guide

Eoria's Night Shadow skill translations
Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Jarkhen - Archosaur on

Comments

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    A couple corrections on Eoria's translations based on gameplay:
    (will update these as I go along)
    Owl
    Melee Range
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 1.0s
    Cooldown 6.0s
    Chi 10

Inflicts base physical attack plus X physical damage. Increases movement speed by 60% for 3sec and increases the damage of the next No Style within the next 6sec by 35%.

Cooldown shortened to 1sec after transfiguration.

Doublet
    Melee Range
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 0.9s
    Cooldown 6.0s

Inflicts base physical attack plus X physical damage. The next cast of No Style within the next 6s will always crit. If your health is lower than enemy's health, the skill does 5% maximum value of health. If the enemy's is lower, then it does 15% base physical attack plus X physical damage.

Costs 20 chi.

Relentless Tour
    Range Xm (25m at level 1)
    Cast 0.7s
    Cooldown 30.0s
    Chi 10

Teleports to the enemy and causes 30% physical attack plus physical damage and stuns for one second. If the enemy this is used on dies within the next 20sec, the cooldown of this skill will be reset.

Wings
    Melee Range
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 0.5s
    Cooldown 6.0s
    Chi 15

Within the target direction of 120 degrees, does a fan-shaped 8m AOE that deals base physical attack plus X amount of physical damage and decreases enemy movement speed by 40% for 3sec.

Cooldown reduced to 1sec after transfiguration.

Nine Songs
    Melee Range
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 0.5s
    Cooldown 6.0s
    Chi 15

Within the target direction of 120 degrees, does an 8m AOE? does physical attack damage plus X physical damage and reduces chi.

Default shortcut is Q
    Can only be used immediately after casting Wings.

After transfiguration, cooldown is reduced to 1sec.

Should Dragon
    Melee Range
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 1.0s
    Cooldown 2.0s
    Chi 30

Does an Xm AOE around the target that does base physical attack plus around X amount of physical damage.

Default shortcut is Q
    Can only be used immediately after casting Nine Songs

God Photos
    Range 20m
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 0.5s
    Cooldown 15.0s

Sleep the enemy for 5secs and then afterwards inflict earth damage.

Costs 30 chi.

Hunting Life
    Range 20m
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 0.6s
    Cooldown 30.0s

Debuffs the target for 8 seconds. If the target takes damage within the next 8 seconds, the debuff is removed. If the debuff remains after 8 seconds, inflicts base physical damage plus X physical damage and stuns for 6sec.

Costs 50 chi.
    105-103-102

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It looks fun. I want to try both new classes but I won't have enough time QQ
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    1. Very Japanese swordsman from what I can see, a katana plus the fashion you got.

2. Crimson Flametalon is the new teleport master.

3. Hopefully at endgame you'll have some bigger balls to show off.

4. Concerning stat build, seeing as your limited to swords and LA armor, you're gonna have the choice of minimum base dex build with everything else thrown into str for high spike damage or vice versa for lower damage but high crt percentage. Looking to be pretty unpredictable in the future in terms of how people build them. Initially I don't see interval gear being much of use on them outside of pve for the same reasons that exist already and on top of the terrible auto attack damage they have from what I see.

5. I can foresee the transformation skill being their main selling point at endgame especially when they let it loose in a triple spark mode cause it looks like it doesn't even cost a spark to use the transform, so even if they go sage, using the transform will still allow for aps increase. If demon, well I can probably see 5 aps happening even without any interval gear at all.

But I'm just speculating so far. Still a lot of unknowns.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    1. Very Japanese swordsman from what I can see, a katana plus the fashion you got.

2. Crimson Flametalon is the new teleport master.

3. Hopefully at endgame you'll have some bigger balls to show off.

4. Concerning stat build, seeing as your limited to swords and LA armor, you're gonna have the choice of minimum base dex build with everything else thrown into str for high spike damage or vice versa for lower damage but high crt percentage. Looking to be pretty unpredictable in the future in terms of how people build them. Initially I don't see interval gear being much of use on them outside of pve for the same reasons that exist already and on top of the terrible auto attack damage they have from what I see.

5. I can foresee the transformation skill being their main selling point at endgame especially when they let it loose in a triple spark mode cause it looks like it doesn't even cost a spark to use the transform, so even if they go sage, using the transform will still allow for aps increase. If demon, well I can probably see 5 aps happening even without any interval gear at all.

But I'm just speculating so far. Still a lot of unknowns.

Their sword weapon type scales with dex, not str -- just like the other LA classes.

APS probably isn't viable because they seem to strongly rely on skill combos (and likely CC).

And yeah, transformation only costs 30 chi.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    WTF they look just like the child of a seeker with a tideborn
    It looks like a seeker wearing beginner tideborn clothes!

seriosly PWI could atleast made them look more original is disappointing the character design.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Their sword weapon type scales with dex, not str -- just like the other LA classes.

APS probably isn't viable because they seem to strongly rely on skill combos (and likely CC).

And yeah, transformation only costs 30 chi.

Those guys are gonna be so hard to keep still if they are able to reset their tele stun cooldown like that constantly. Freeze doesn't mean anything to this class. This is their puri proc, they'll be porting all over the place. Zerkcrt>port>zerkcrt>port. lol
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014

ty for this. I'll edit my post in a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Warfare - Sanctuary
    Warfare - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Teleports to the enemy and causes 30% physical attack plus physical damage and stuns for one second. If the enemy this is used on dies within the next 20sec, the cooldown of this skill will be reset.

I hope they change this skill PVP wise. Imagine how OP it can get. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Just recorded part 3, learned "God Photos" (sleep + earth DoT), "Should Dragon" (another chain AoE), and the weapon mastery passive. Eoria's translations for these skills are mostly accurate; just clarified Should Dragon's description a bit (target AoE, combo after Nine Songs).
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In the second video did you ever realize you were playing with low res textures? http://i.imgur.com/skyEIvo.png It looked like that was bothering you in the first video.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    In the second video did you ever realize you were playing with low res textures? http://i.imgur.com/skyEIvo.png It looked like that was bothering you in the first video.

I didn't notice until I logged on for part 3. It's fixed now.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hope they change this skill PVP wise. Imagine how OP it can get. b:shutup

The damage from teleport looks weak, so deaths will happen only if target has low hp.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Waiting for it impatiently, I'm curious to see the new skills. Both classes seem really focused on AoEs, this is quite unusual for both classes of the same race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maitatsu
    maitatsu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    From what I'm seeing based on the skills in your videos, this new class sure seems a lot like a mix between a Seeker and an Assassin. I'm kinda scared what that's gonna bring......
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Got to lv34, so I have all of the 29 cultivation skills now:
    God Photos
    Range 20m
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 0.5s
    Cooldown 15.0s

Sleep the enemy for 5secs and then afterwards inflict earth damage.

Costs 30 chi.

Hunting Life
    Range 20m
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 0.6s
    Cooldown 30.0s

Debuffs the target for 8 seconds. If the target takes damage within the next 8 seconds, the debuff is removed. If the debuff remains after 8 seconds, inflicts base physical damage plus X physical damage and stuns for 6sec.

Costs 50 chi.

The two above are fun to chain (Hunting Life -> God Photos). 5s sleep + 6s stun, and if you time it right you can have those two hit at the exact same time (along with another skill if you time it perfectly, though you risk removing Hunting Life's debuff if you're early).

Moment
    Range Xm
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 0.1s
    Cooldown Xs
    Chi 10

Teleports to the target and paralyzes for 2sec.

Confirming that this does indeed paralyze, which means all of their other skills that say "paralyze" probably do as well. We'll see. 16 meter range and 43.5 second cooldown on this at level 1.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The damage from teleport looks weak, so deaths will happen only if target has low hp.

it's like Irelia's Q if you know what i mean :p
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A new melee class, and they've missed the opportunity to make them use weapons like this... b:surrender
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Part 3 added. Much running.

Video has some random copyright claims at random parts of the video that I think are mistakenly matching PW's background music -- rather annoying. I've put in a dispute, we'll see what happens.

Also, as noted at the end of the video, I'll probably not continue posting videos of me just questing/leveling -- seems kind of pointless for questing areas that everyone has seen for the past 6 years. Expect one for a (hopefully) soloed fb29 soon, and probably each fb after that as I go through, along with notes on new skills I get between each video.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    @jarken that other buff that was along side with the increased movement on the night shadow from that second skill was called holiness (aka faith) which makes ya immune to status affects and it looks like it only lasts for bout 10secs.

@Eoria hope ya can find out whether or not that 2nd skill to the night shadow is realy the buff called holiness or that its something different.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    @jarken that other buff that was along side with the increased movement on the night shadow from that second skill was called holiness (aka faith) which makes ya immune to status affects and it looks like it only lasts for bout 10secs.

@Eoria hope ya can find out whether or not that 2nd skill to the night shadow is realy the buff called holiness or that its something different.

Watch more of the video(s) or read the comments, bro.

The buff increases the damage of the next "No Style" (spammable filler skill) cast within the next 6s by 35%.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Watch more of the video(s) or read the comments, bro.

The buff increases the damage of the next "No Style" (spammable filler skill) cast within the next 6s by 35%.

yea i caught that later on while watchin your commentary vid of the night shadow.
    b:surrenderb:surrender
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Puddinsundae - Harshlands
    Puddinsundae - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Huge mobility with mobs similar to telestun glitch when seekers were released.
  • blackeroasis
    blackeroasis Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well from the looks of Narkotic's video when they were messing around testing damage on each other in sp. The moon fairy couldn't even charm bypass the night shadow. The level difference was only 41 vs 39. While the Night Shadow was able to 2 shot the moon fairy pretty easily.

Looking at PWI's recent track record they seem to make the melee class more op than the magic class. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same case for this expansion as well.

Any thoughts?
  • Kuroimist - Archosaur
    Kuroimist - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well from the looks of Narkotic's video when they were messing around testing damage on each other in sp. The moon fairy couldn't even charm bypass the night shadow. The level difference was only 41 vs 39. While the Night Shadow was able to 2 shot the moon fairy pretty easily.

Looking at PWI's recent track record they seem to make the melee class more op than the magic class. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same case for this expansion as well.

Any thoughts?

Not in good therms to compare at these levels tho. Guess we will have to see that once we get them or they make the same test at lvl 90 \ 100 cause its when there's something to show pvp'wise.
    You might have noticed that some casters got outrageous hits at endgame and were kind of weaklings under 100.
    Still good to have some skills preview. b:laugh
    Too lazy to make a signature!
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not in good therms to compare at these levels tho. Guess we will have to see that once we get them or they make the same test at lvl 90 \ 100 cause its when there's something to show pvp'wise.
    You might have noticed that some casters got outrageous hits at endgame and were kind of weaklings under 100.
    Still good to have some skills preview. b:laugh

also keep in mind endgame gears and stat boosts like cards and shards and refines and nuema and whatnot. mages are pretty weak regardless early to mid game then skyrocket straight up endgame. it is not unreasonable the phys class wins so easily.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So is the graphics update a lie?
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited November 2014

God photos seems a tad bit op. 5sec sleep with only 15sec cd? Combine that after using hunting life for the last 4sec of it and u got a pretty op combo. Photos definitly needs longer cd wizzy sleep is 5sec long and has 5 min cd enough said.
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    God photos seems a tad bit op. 5sec sleep with only 15sec cd? Combine that after using hunting life for the last 4sec of it and u got a pretty op combo. Photos definitly needs longer cd wizzy sleep is 4 sec long and has 2 min cd enough said.

Corrected the wizzy sleep stats, but even then:

Sin's Deep Sting: 5sec sleep 15sec CD (sage 13sec but 95% chance).
    The new LA class is all about CC, so they are designed to have combo's like that (much alike BM has that almost 24/7 lockdown combo).

• Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Any thoughts?

I find that most melee classes are better vs mages at early levels, at 40-50 it's still too soon to judge, considering outside of pvp servers, most classes don't do much pvping til later game where then I find that, excluding the extreme op individuals, mages usually have a good advantage over melee classes.

Seriously can't wait for this new race XD it's going to be exciting to give'em a try.