Gold trading cap and catshop cap

Options
mol1
mol1 Posts: 45 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Suggestion Box
Ok, so you can't handle the game economy so other path is just raise the gold tradding cap to
about 10mil per gold and let it flow. The game need that change and in the near future will need it more.
Also catshops - 4bil for sale cap can be raised too and for sure 200mil buy cap is joke.

Thank you b:thanks
some mad merchant b:chuckle
Post edited by mol1 on

Comments

• Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    What lol?
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    No problem No problem mol1!
    I sell you Gold for 10 million each to make you happy! b:pleased!
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • mol1
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Yes, ofcourse you will sell me for 10mil .. but now you can't right?
    Or I can just buy it for 4.5, 5mil or even 6 depends on the current real value of gold.
    Hard to understand?...
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    mol1 wrote: »
    Or I can just buy it for 4.5, 5mil or even 6 depends on the current real value of gold.
    Hard to understand?...

bought 30g within 2 hours today for 4mil ea, I'll gladly sell you for 10mil ea.

The only people demanding a cap raise is the people waiting to sell for extremely high vs what they bought it for.
  • mol1
    edited September 2014
    Options

The only people demanding a cap raise is the people waiting to sell for extremely high vs what they bought it for.

And what you gonna do when there is 1 position on buy gold with 32534 gold at 3 999 900 coins after few months or even may be next sale?

Also 10mil cap doesn't mean gold its gonna be 10mil immediatly. Ok fine raise it to 6mil I just picked a number. But with game inflation that will need update soon or after an year.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    And what you gonna do when there is 1 position on buy gold with 32534 gold at 3 999 900 coins after few months or even may be next sale?

The same thing as last time: wait 1 day and the gold is there nonetheless. Face it, you're asking for a cap raise on selfish needs, nothing to do with the economy outside your own wallet.
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2014
    Options

Exactly, the 'real value' of gold will ultimately depends on the current economy and what people are willing to pay for it. If you find me players that are CURRENTLY willing to pay 10mil a piece for gold then so be it.

But as Verenor said, the only people I can see who want any kind of gold cap raise are the merchants that want to make a huge profit. But all that aside I don't see why anyone would want gold prices that high, the economy is already becoming overly expensive as it is.
  • mol1
    edited September 2014
    Options
    So you can garantee that gold gonna be forever 4mil and everyone in any point of time can buy some gold. Hehe how silly.
    The thing that stoped my scenarion to happen and you to only wait your gold in the aucioner and pay 2%fee without getting anything is that earning time. There was a time when some packs was 22gold or +12 ORBs were like 50gold each. And you are saying that, no problem there is always gonna be gold at 4mil for everyone? just wait, patience.... BS
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Gold prices are going up anyway, the transactions just aren't taking place through the AH anymore.

The only thing the gold cap is doing is making it more difficult for f2p players to get access to gold/boutique items. Speaking as a merchant (not as someone who tries to play the gold market -- I'd never consider myself good enough at predicting future prices to be able to make a significant profit on that), I'd much, MUCH rather see lower gold prices, but given the current situation I'd rather see a AH cap increase than have it stay in place.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2014
    Options
    So you can garantee that gold gonna be forever 4mil and everyone in any point of time can buy some gold. Hehe how silly.
    The thing that stoped my scenarion to happen and you to only wait your gold in the aucioner and pay 2%fee without getting anything is that earning time. There was a time when some packs was 22gold or +12 ORBs were like 50gold each. And you are saying that, no problem there is always gonna be gold at 4mil for everyone? just wait, patience.... BS

I am not saying gold prices will remain 4mil, because there was a point it was way less than that. The gold prices will always rise so long as the demand is there. But what I am saying is that I don't think the average player wants it to continue rising to the point of 10mil per gold. Currently the economy is just in a bad state with the current inflation, and with gold prices getting higher and higher, it's only making things worse.

However a skilled merchant more than likely wouldn't care to much because they will find a way to make profit off of it regardless.But as for the average non merchant, PW would perhaps have to make faster ways to farm coin to keep up with the rising gold prices. But then again the more coins that get pumped into the economy the stronger the overall inflation of prices.

It always has been a vicious cycleb:chuckle.
  • Charris - Raging Tide
    Charris - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Ok, so you can't handle the game economy so other path is just raise the gold tradding cap to
    about 10mil per gold and let it flow. The game need that change and in the near future will need it more.
    Also catshops - 4bil for sale cap can be raised too and for sure 200mil buy cap is joke.

Holy are you crazy? How is selling 10m per gold gonna make the economy better? Are you trying to put everyone out of business? b:cry

What you don't want is the gold market to become a seller's market. We will return back to making a huge gulf between CSers and farmers in terms of game success. CSers should get some advantage for sure. But it has to be balanced to keep the game healthy.

I admit the situation at the moment with the gold prices is gawd-awful. I have to wait days before my gold shows up, and sometimes even then, sometimes I just get a refund of coin and a loss of listing fees. But the answer isn't to raise the cap. PWI has moved towards the right idea in limiting botting time. I'm not sure if it will solve it, but I am sure there is a better solution than raising the cap. Or would you prefer to have an economy so so unaffordable, that you won't be able to farm anything decent. garnet gems for 500m? Is that what you want? People will just quit the game.

I'm hope the GMs are putting their heads together to figure out how to bring back a healthy economy. I hope they are hiring economist consultants to figure out how to do it.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Holy are you crazy? How is selling 10m per gold gonna make the economy better? Are you trying to put everyone out of business? b:cry

What you don't want is the gold market to become a seller's market. We will return back to making a huge gulf between CSers and farmers in terms of game success. CSers should get some advantage for sure. But it has to be balanced to keep the game healthy.

I admit the situation at the moment with the gold prices is gawd-awful. I have to wait days before my gold shows up, and sometimes even then, sometimes I just get a refund of coin and a loss of listing fees. But the answer isn't to raise the cap. PWI has moved towards the right idea in limiting botting time. I'm not sure if it will solve it, but I am sure there is a better solution than raising the cap. Or would you prefer to have an economy so so unaffordable, that you won't be able to farm anything decent. garnet gems for 500m? Is that what you want? People will just quit the game.

I'm hope the GMs are putting their heads together to figure out how to bring back a healthy economy. I hope they are hiring economist consultants to figure out how to do it.

They just don't get the concept. Problem we have now is that a major portion of the economy is missing from the game. The economy from levels 20 to 90. It's gone because with FC players were hell bent on skipping that massive part of the game. Now since that is changing and the level 20 to 90 player base is slowly returning they are going to be integrating that lost economy back into the game. These selfish greedy people wanting to price gold out of the realm of possibility for those level 20 - 90 free to play players by raising the gold cap will do nothing but a huge disservice to the game and the economy.

PWI limited botting because the consequence was way too much coin was being introduced into the game from the game's environment. The best way to fix that is to reverse that trend and remove more coin from the game back into the environment in the form of coin sinks. It doesn't take a genius to notice that the past few 2x events we had excluded drops for that very purpose. To limit coin into the game.

You just don't get it, do you? Your answer to inflation is to create a whole lot more of it? And to price low to mid level characters right out of the game's economy as well. No...Just no.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    No, the solution to inflation is deflation.

Here's the important concept you all seem to be missing:
    An AH cap on gold price does NOT reduce inflation. This would be different if you could actually buy an unlimited supply of gold (e.g. directly from an NPC) at the cap -- but you can't.

All the cap does is mean that once the value of gold exceeds the cap, nobody can buy gold on the AH anymore (or, if they can, it is extremely difficult).

Without a cap, the real value of gold -- the amount people are willing to pay for it -- doesn't change. What changes is that people are actually able to obtain some gold without gambling on getting it before their orders expire at the cap because there's thousands of competing buy orders at that price.

People aren't proposing a cap removal as a "solution" to inflation, and your attempts to claim they are amount to little more than a (not very good) straw man argument. People are proposing a cap removal as a temporary means of allowing gold to continue to be accessible to f2p players through the auction house, while other measures (like DQ items all going to 1 coin in the new expansion) gradually take effect.

These selfish greedy people wanting to price gold out of the realm of possibility for those level 20 - 90 free to play players by raising the gold cap will do nothing but a huge disservice to the game and the economy.

This would be like me saying "These selfish greedy people wanting to prevent the natural rise of the price of gold to levels that are acceptable to gold sellers will do nothing but a huge disservice to the game and the economy."

You're attempting to make your argument on the basis that your opponents are "selfish, greedy people" who have no interest in seeing an improvement in the game's economy. This is a terrible, terrible way to make an argument. Don't do it.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mol1
    edited September 2014
    Options
    You live in a fairytale or something? lets make gold cap 1mil then evetything will be so good. Cheap gold here and there. Everyone happy?

The whole world economy is constant inflating, you can't return thing backward that easy. Gold is the real curency here and gold has got real value. The value is more than 4mil, may be not at the moment but in near future for sure. I believe the orignal purpose for that 4mil cap is to prevent typing mistakes, not to preserve some imaginare economy here. And now this is just outdated.
    b:bye
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Do free to play players never spend money on the game? Hell, spend maybe $10 to 20 a month like the old subscription models and most would have little to worry about. Even sell the gold in the AH and have 40 to 80 mill a month at the AH cap.

Forego a lunch at McDonalds or a frappe or two at Starbucks each month and put that towards the game.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    No, the solution to inflation is deflation.

Here's the important concept you all seem to be missing:
    An AH cap on gold price does NOT reduce inflation. This would be different if you could actually buy an unlimited supply of gold (e.g. directly from an NPC) at the cap -- but you can't.

All the cap does is mean that once the value of gold exceeds the cap, nobody can buy gold on the AH anymore (or, if they can, it is extremely difficult).

Yes they can and they do. They're buying ans selling it at max price which is no different than buying and selling it for a predetermined set price from an NPC

Without a cap, the real value of gold -- the amount people are willing to pay for it -- doesn't change. What changes is that people are actually able to obtain some gold without gambling on getting it before their orders expire at the cap because there's thousands of competing buy orders at that price.

That's the real advantage of buying gold on the AH. It is anonymous and prevents people from scamming others. It's the safest way to trade coin for gold and vice versa. People look at the gold trading in AH and freak out because they see no one selling gold and 900+ buyers bidding at max price. Gold sellers are still selling but they aren't visible because gold sellers cannot list their gold lower than the max price without it being sold automatically and they cannot list the price above max price. So what gold is sold in the AH then is immediate and automatic. That's why it appears to be no gold sellers in the AH.

Price controls can prevent an economy from spiraling out of control. Nixon did it in the early 70s when the oil embargo was causing all kinds of havoc.

People aren't proposing a cap removal as a "solution" to inflation, and your attempts to claim they are amount to little more than a (not very good) straw man argument. People are proposing a cap removal as a temporary means of allowing gold to continue to be accessible to f2p players through the auction house, while other measures (like DQ items all going to 1 coin in the new expansion) gradually take effect.

But removing or raising the cap is a sure fire guarantee to cause inflation. It's something that will price a whole lot of free to play people right out of the market. And before you claim that many people are buying and selling outside of the AH anyway while that is true that is the huge risk they are willing to take. WHen it goes wrong for either party they will have nobody but themselves to blame.

This would be like me saying "These selfish greedy people wanting to prevent the natural rise of the price of gold to levels that are acceptable to gold sellers will do nothing but a huge disservice to the game and the economy."

You're attempting to make your argument on the basis that your opponents are "selfish, greedy people" who have no interest in seeing an improvement in the game's economy. This is a terrible, terrible way to make an argument. Don't do it.

Anyone who makes a suggestion or demand without regards of how it affects other players in this manner to me is a selfish in my opinion. I know pricing low to mid level free to play people right out of the economy is not the solution to anything. Making in game coin worth more is the solution and that seems to be the strategy which is slowly being implemented incrementally into the game. You know that as well as I do considering what you experienced on the expansion in the chinese test server. I'm talking about stuff like making all DQ worth 1 coin. earning time, 2x events excluding drops, etc. In fact I feel that NW caused a market saturation of raps and cannies. On my server raps are 200K each lower than what they were 15 months ago. Why? Because they flooded the market with them to a point of saturation. If they wanted to increase the value of raps they would change the NW token exchange rate from 1 to 1 to 10 token for 1 rap. Or they could make every weapon and armor which used raps to create to consume raps as a fee to be repaired.

It's obvious the in game inflation is caused by the value of in game coin plummeting due to the sheer volume being generated from the environment. Reducing that will naturally cause the value of the in game coin to increase. Last thing that we need is to make a change which will price a lot of free to play people right out of the economy. If gold were maxed out at 10 mil then what do you think people would be selling tokens from packs for? Or teles for WC? Or anything related directly or indirectly to the cash shop like rep for R9, MoGs, GSTs, etc? Do not tell me that raising the cap on gold will not accelerate inflation. It will and to the detriment of the free to play player.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Keyborne - Raging Tide
    Keyborne - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    PWI could just cap coin and big notes on stash/bank/inventory and gold auctions so the total doesnt exceed 1 bil or something. Honestly any game where u have to pay 1bil ( or more as the case is now) for 1 item is so stupid its not even funny anymore. Even coin sink events are useless cos the people with that much coin just use profits from merching/gold trading on whatever it is .

basic point.. if people dont have a ton of coin, other people cant charge a ton of coin. Forget gold caps and gold values.. savvy?

theres no rum left..
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hard to understand?...

Of course you can!
    I get a dragon orb in boutique for 30 gold and sell it to you for 300m! and we all happy! b:pleasedb:laugh
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • mol1
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Of course you can!
    I get a dragon orb in boutique for 30 gold and sell it to you for 300m! and we all happy! b:pleasedb:laugh

HU HU I'm so clever...
    OK buy me 10 orbs and wait me at "go **** and yourself "corner ill give you the money