Current Toon level question

Options
phreyyy
phreyyy Posts: 20 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
just a quick question, I am now at 103/103/104, whats gonna happen if i lv my current toon to 105 which will be 103/103/105, i heard there was some glitch that ppl couldn't open their demon book after reaching 105 on current toon.

just wanna someone who are 105 plz confirm is it okay to lv current toon to 105 and demon book will open automatically or just wait.

Thank you very muchb:thanks
Post edited by phreyyy on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Last I heard you cannot gain experience *at all* if your current level is 105. Which means you should definitely get your previous characters to 105 before getting current one to 105.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I'm still wondering why anyone would want to level current to 105 before historicals...b:surrender
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I'm still wondering why anyone would want to level current to 105 before historicals...b:surrender

^this.
    And because of that I guess nobody can really answer to OP.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I can answer, when you lvl your current to 105, book will close and won't be able to wake up and absorb exp any more. So, yes, lvl previous first. Besides you get way more points for previous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The way Demon book gains exp kinda answers the OP:

Open Character tab, and complete any quest. You'll see the exp briefly goes into current level before being removed again and stuffed in Demon book.
    That means that if your current level is 105 and unable to gain exp, neither can Demon Book gain exp
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    well this sucks.. Marengo - are you 100% sure? as far as i know noone tried this on sanctuary. and im 104 with 86% atm, my past is 105 and 103. reason i went 105 first on my last lvl is quite obvious - nation war buffs and lvl difference bonus in pvp - 3 lvls lower get reduced dmg on me :) like 99% go lvl past lives first, but thats only stat points, lvl endgame is way more important in pvp at least.. has noone tried it??
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2014
    Options
    well this sucks.. Marengo - are you 100% sure? as far as i know noone tried this on sanctuary. and im 104 with 86% atm, my past is 105 and 103. reason i went 105 first on my last lvl is quite obvious - nation war buffs and lvl difference bonus in pvp - 3 lvls lower get reduced dmg on me :) like 99% go lvl past lives first, but thats only stat points, lvl endgame is way more important in pvp at least.. has noone tried it??
    I haven't heard of anyone doing it either. I'd poke around on my own server and test it, but I hardly have free time to play as it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

I don't know of anyone that is ballsy enough to even try it. 104-105 is a hassle in itself, and most people won't take the risk because of what could happen. Unfortunately, I doubt anyone in our version would have much of a clue. I've heard of this bug happening to players on PW-CN, and they were furious.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I don't see why it sucks... You deal full damage on 105 players as soon as you are 103. Lvling previous life will give you 34 points (vs 5 if you lvl current).
    I'm kinda sure because it was officially stated in a guide for another pw version which has test servers (pwi doesn't, does it? :D). Even if it's not so, there is no harm in strongly recommending you to max out previous before current, since there is no real profit in your plan.
    3 lvls lower get reduced dmg on me :)
    Lvl previous and then current to 105 asap, problem solved :))
    Few weeks earlier, few weeks later... we play this game for years, it's not much of a loss if you suffer 2% more damage from 102 a little bit longer :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    You all sure have alot of time and money on your hands.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

From what I gathered from calculating damage many times, the difference is not very significant. Sure you get extra damage (very very small) and reduction from being higher level, but you could gain higher damage from stat points leveling historical levels first, and it's not because of 3 level lower or higher, every level difference counts, even if it's only 1.

Most people probably stay at 102 for having the advantage of 5% more exp from 105 mobs in PV until historical level is 105-105-102.

for example :
    A and B has the same exact gears and build.
    A has 37575 defense , and is level 105 105 102
    B has 37575 defense , and is level 105 102 105

if A attacks B, B's 37575 defense will reduce 90.259% of the damage dealt by A
    if B attacks A, A's 37575 defense will reduce 90.000% of the damage dealt by B
    For A to have the same advantage of B in term of damage reduction, A would need to have 38685 armor defense.

So either A gets current level to 105 or increases his armor defense to 38685, and both will be equal. Damage from current level is not worth mentioning, 1 level only adds like 1 weapon damage, so 105-102-105 compared to 105-105-102 will be like having r9rr ring with 223 atk instead of 220.

I bet 105 105 102 will deal more damage than a 105 102 105 with 29 more stat points (44-15=29, 44 is the stat points difference form historical 102 and 105, and 15 is stat points difference from current level), haven't really tested it yet, but it's very likely.