PV Guide for Assassins

Gingerpubes - Morai
Gingerpubes - Morai Posts: 69 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Assassin
Hey guys
Since the fix on fc so you cant hyper it anymore alot of sins have said to me that they can't level very well anymore as sins "can't" do PV

Well here is a tutorial on how to do pv 100+ on a sin.

Things you need:
PV token
Buffs (barb and bm buffs are most important for a sin)
Apoth, I use pangu essences from faction base. Sutra powders work just as well.
For multi runs you need openers.

Video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzCl1vAl3i0&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy
b:chuckle
Post edited by Gingerpubes - Morai on

Comments

• Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You forgot to mention that you need r999 armor instead of aps +3 gears or alike b:cute
    I'm ok with FCC gone though, but PV for me will first be in the future for my sin lol xD good job anyway :3
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    edited September 2014
    You don't *need* rrr9 it just helps.
    I have done 100+ PV in +5 aps gear but it is pretty rough.
    Anything from full g16+5 onward makes it pretty easy :3
    Thanks for the feedback :D
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You don't *need* rrr9 it just helps.
    I have done 100+ PV in +5 aps gear but it is pretty rough.
    Anything from full g16+5 onward makes it pretty easy :3
    Thanks for the feedback :D

I have r9rr. PV is rough on a sin period, due to our lack of AOE CC or a sheild. Especially if ur trying to get more than 3 runs on a token.b:sad
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Im +7-10 armor +10 weapon and I get 5 runs comfortably per token, max I can get in is 7.
    If I had someone opening all 6 for me instead of having to tab to open, I could possibly do more.
    Dion, do you have the poison aoe? I can't remember it's name right now b:surrender That could potentially be hugely helpful, just poison a group of mobs and carry on to the next pull, or something as the probably would reset b:chuckle
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Since i looked for a quick way to lvlup after 101 where fc is just a waste of time i did pv too and i worked my way up to a point where im close to 6 runs each token on my sin.

The Guide here is decent enough but only doable on ains using r9rr dagger with refine at +7 or higher or else two aoes wont kill the mobs.
    The Toxic Torrent skill helps out but you have to catch the mobs infront of you for it and sometimes they are all around you and the skill isnt as usefull as it seems to be.
    I use it sometimes but most of the time i just carry the few mobs around a bit and throw in an earthen when i get freezed or so.

So yea for a sin who is NOT sage and cant rely on sage spark to protect them a bit from the incoming damage you need either good phy def (The dreamchaser pack def buff pill helps A TON in there aslong you dont overbuff it with sage cleric buff or something in between + it stacks with the normal buffs from cleric and BM) or Pots to survive big pulls.

AD and Pots help alot but Pots like dew of stars overbuff the dreamchaser buff and it can get difficult at times.
    Pan Gu essence (or sutra power orb, same thing) is a cheaper version of ironguard powder and its enough time to aoe twice and kill alot of mobs in the immune time. Tangling mire will kill even more.

I played around with windshield too, its a weaker version of sage spark. it helps but i rather use tangling mire to kill faster.

Alot of sins make the big mistake to use focused mind instead of tidal protection because its basicly a 25% reduction of damage you take.
    Well its true yes but you waste alot of time doing so because you get constantly slowed and freezed. You can only do so much when you cant move, you can teleport once without wasting too much chi and twice using shadow teleport but i rarely do it because when you want to go fast you need to keep track of your chi, especially when you need to tripple spark to kill the monster.

So yea i 2 pull the instance which is rather easy because i kill the mobs in invicible time (First pull AD, second pull Pan Gu essence) and rarely i die doing so. when you pull too many mobs and you are not using an invincible pot or ad you can get unlucky and get interrupted like no tomorrow and die in the process (died serval times because of this, 7-9x interrupt ftw) and said **** it im going full invincible when i kill mobs.
    Also you can switch to the 30% exp necklace when you kill the mobs in invincible timeframe. Helps alot.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You don't need a r9 dagger to aoe the mobs in 1 or 2 hits. I do it with g16 niv daggers +10 (no att add's). Leveling up your cards, nuema, meridan,title, passive skill and def passive gives stupid gains. I am right at 18k buffed with 18k m/p def with 4 peices(refined 6,7,7,8) of r9s3 gear, g16 +10 daggers g15 helm +10 ws belt +6, lunar pack item cape +6/7 cant remember then r8/r9 rings not reforged. I think once my nuema is maxed I will around 20k buffed maybe more. I can do 3 pull pv's, I could do 2-3 runs if i had the extra toons for it.

I am also sage with sage er,ss and chill which I know does make a difference.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sure when you throw enough stats at it everything is possible.

But when you have everything decent you probably cant two shot the mobs w/o spark (which can get you killed when you have a bit of lag sparking - inner and wait for subsea to be ready).

Demon sins have it a bit harder because subsea doesnt have 50% amp, chill gives less atk lv and dagger devotion gives less attack (not that big of a deal).
    Ontop of that lower geared sins cant pull as much mobs as sage could because of spark damae reduction.

The sin in the Video does get alot of damage, i get way less but im using omaleys blessing there, big difference.
    I only have 15k hp and do 2 pulls per pv and he needs immune at a pull which i can survive without a problem.
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not bad video if u ask me but i am doing pv little diffrently. I do it in 2 pulls per instance. At the end of each pull i use 3xspark>AD/PanGu essence>mire with subsea and rift(sometimes no energy for mire) and all mobs dies easy. Aslo i use focus minded and if i get stuck i either use rif to regain extra hp and run further if not many mobs on me, either use shadow jump like u showed in video. When pull comes to end it's good to use maze steps>wolf emblem(gotta have full chi ofc so carefull if u are demon and u uses s. jump, guess u gotta knife throw then or sth).

A rly usefull thingthat ppl metion is swiching blessing (jones-o'maley whenever u need). I will mention one more thing that's rly helpfull during pv - pills from shroud. They give 20 extra def lvls and increase skill dmg buff, so if u lack the dmg/def use those.

Now i can do 4 runs per token (almost 5, i am missing literaly few sec cause when i had situation when i exited pv, my token expired), but ya i started doing pvs with my tt99 set b:shocked
    Well first pv run took me over 30 min, then time got lower and lower then i was doing just 3 pulls, while waiting on cd on PanGu pot, then could do 2 runs, then 3 and now am at 4, almost 5. (don't have too many openers b:cry ). So u best to just try it urself and see how it works with u b:pleased

oh i aslo get (sage) barmble before every pv run, mobs dosen't reset so badly with it, u still gotte be carefull tho

edit: aslo i activate the hypers twice(for that moment that mobs die) per instance, since i do 2 pulls b:victoryb:victory

edit 2: aslo advice using autorecovery stone in pv as well as turning down effects for it so it won't lagg you too much.

edit 3: haveing a good gennie aslo helps here with running speed/debuffs/AD. and Yeah when u have crazy defences u don't need the imune pots that's true. Aslo i don't need to mention that in shroud u can get 2nd token for pv daily.
  • Kuroimist - Archosaur
    Kuroimist - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All you need to pv 100+ is to focus on what you're doing if low geared and any aps gears +5 refines and a good g16 weapon do.

I started pv like that, after a time while farming R9 i've used R8R (not a big diference from aps "base" gears....) and tbh its not too hard.

All u need:

-some few crabs;
    -genie;
    -immunity pots (situational \ emergency);
    -some buffs if not r9r3
    -dont do too big pulls.

the pulls you saw in the vid might be almost the same as the ones doable with +5 refined aps gears.

There are plenty ways to level, PV is just a huge bonus and always been there. b:pleased
    Too lazy to make a signature!
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    But if you do have r9rr and you just still can't cut it, you can use my PV runs as reference on a great way to do it xD sorry for the pauses in the video near the end just figured I'd hit 105 faster but I didn't xD I had to do some extra bosses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqmF1W6fVw0
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!