Hyper stones bugged in PV?

Options
PhantomEin - Lost City
PhantomEin - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Hello,

So me and a few people have tested the hypers at 12x exp multiple times when doing PV and the result we get is that we are only getting 4x exp at most from each mob. Is this happening to everyone or just a few individuals? b:surrender
Post edited by PhantomEin - Lost City on

Comments

• SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    They are going to make ff and pv once a week events that only have x2 exp/spirit then rest of the week they are dead like 90% of the other instances in this game.It could do fine really i meen come on ,NW is on twice a week and everyone enjoys that.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hello,

So me and a few people have tested the hypers at 12x exp multiple times when doing PV and the result we get is that we are only getting 4x exp at most from each mob. Is this happening to everyone or just a few individuals? b:surrender
    It sounds like you guys are reawakened to me.

EXP multipliers (outside of certain gear based bonuses) are additive from the base EXP value instead of multiplying from the EXP value.

The x12 option from hypers, for example, adds 1100% of the mob's base EXP. So a mob that gives 100 EXP base gives 1200 on hypers. If you have another source of an EXP boost going (IE: 2x is running), it's still only adding the 1100% of the base. So during 2x instead of getting 2400 EXP as you'd expect if it multiplies (since with 2x you get 200 EXP), you'd get 1300 EXP.

So a reawakened character dealing with the same mob would get 400 EXP from it... which still just is something hypers add to. Instead of 4800 EXP, you get 1500 EXP. Which pretty much matches what you said about only getting 4x the EXP.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It sounds like you guys are reawakened to me.

EXP multipliers (outside of certain gear based bonuses) are additive from the base EXP value instead of multiplying from the EXP value.

The x12 option from hypers, for example, adds 1100% of the mob's base EXP. So a mob that gives 100 EXP base gives 1200 on hypers. If you have another source of an EXP boost going (IE: 2x is running), it's still only adding the 1100% of the base. So during 2x instead of getting 2400 EXP as you'd expect if it multiplies (since with 2x you get 200 EXP), you'd get 1300 EXP.

So a reawakened character dealing with the same mob would get 400 EXP from it... which still just is something hypers add to. Instead of 4800 EXP, you get 1500 EXP. Which pretty much matches what you said about only getting 4x the EXP.

That's what I thought, too, noticed it all since I tried hypering as RB. I believed that hypers completely overwrite the RB bonus, but it seems it works like the 2x stacking. The numbers are about the same anyway. It's weird that after years that it took everyone to learn that 2x event+12x hyper != 24x exp, it is expected that the RB multiplier stacking does multiply with hypers on. Oooooooooooh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.