Card Idea

c44102
c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Suggestion Box
Hello i have a idea that would make getting and leveling the cards 100% easier for everyone. Can we get Card Chests in the Boutque where we get Garenteed S Cards / A Cards / B Cards and C cards. I know this would make people feel 100% better about buying cards because the drop rate for S cards even from the B-S card pack 100% SUCK. Also one more Vamp for cards can the lower cards be made to give more EXP when devouring them in to the other cards too level them. I dont know about prices on other servers but on Arch its about 400 mil if u buy all the C card packs to level 1 S cardfrom level 1 to level 80. That is way way way to much. Can cards be increased in Exp like a C card be worth 5 exp B Card 10 Exp and A card 20 exp this would help out the players aton.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wyld63
    wyld63 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Personally I would love to see the cards become tradeable, so that they can be account stashed or sold to other players who are looking to to "complete sets". I think it would make a great "coin sink" for the game. Or am I wrong?
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just don't get why they call them trading cards when they can't even be traded b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I just don't get why they call them trading cards when they can't even be traded b:sad

Because it's us players that gave them the nickname "trading cards" while PWI calls them "War Avatars" and nothing else.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Where are they called trading cards ?
    I dont think they are, i think thats just something our brains filled in when we heared about cards and thought about TCGs like Magic.

The small chance is in line with packs that have been there for ages. It is logical. If you would be able to buy them directly, an S card would cost 200$.(that is their current gold cost on average) An item like LUAD would cost 1000$ or so probably and a crown of madness could wel run in the 10.000s.

Many people would feel (rightfully so) very silly to spend that kind of sum on a game item. They now would have to make a direct comparison "will i buy an Iphone or an S card", "am i gonna spend this money on aLUAD or do i use it to buy a second hand car so i can drive to college/university in my own car <3", "Am i gonna travel around the world for a year or do i want that crown of maddness?" It could stop them from CSing at all. With the current system however, they can just spend 10$, 20$, 50$ or whatever suits them each month, and some years down the road, they spent 1000$s anyway and there they are with their end game toon. Much better marketting obviously.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If they wanted to make WAs tradable, they could make a special conversion service at the WA Master. Basically, he'll take the card and put it in a "tradable"state (be it a Chest containing that card or otherwise) but not only will it have a coin cost depending on the card grade, but the card is also put back to its original un-leveled state (and loses all re-awakenings).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Honestly, I don't mind them being untradable.

It's the fact they can't be account stashed that gets me a bit annoyed since it makes dealing with multiple characters that much more difficult.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • c44102
    edited September 2014
    Tradeable would be 100% AMAZING !!! But atleast let us account stash them things they cost too much to be locked up the way they are as is i really hope they do take my idea and let us get the level of card we want. Honestly it costs way to much as is and with it being random i wont put money in the game to get them. But myself and many others would feel 100% better and willing if we could get the level of card we want. Honestly i would pay 10 gold for 1 random S Card no problem !!! But i will not pay 4 for a C-S and i know we can make the B-S for the same price but it still sucks paying 4 gold and only getting a JUNK B card worth what 2 exp when devoured. Cards need to be worth alot more exp when devouring them. The cost to level cards is unreal. S card 400 mil level 1 Rebirthed 800 mil level 2 Rebirthed 1,600,000,000 COIN like SEROUSLY Come on now thats way too much for 1 card
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Keep dreaming as long as people spend 20,000$ + to get neuma set pwi will do nothing.
    As long as people pay 3,000$ + usd to get S random cards pwi will do nothing.
    The problem is the player base in our game they want to win at any cost even paying the cost a car to get the best gear in game.

Its unreal people in this game have a character with gear that is worth more than my brand new car...

My Idea anyway that I wanted to say was.
    Make cards tradable but with only 1 condition.
    1)You have to have 2 of same card to make them tradable.
    2) You need to max the card to max level.
    3)The only way to trade card is that if other player trade a card of same Grade.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • c44102
    edited September 2014
    Keep dreaming as long as people spend 20,000$ + to get neuma set pwi will do nothing.
    As long as people pay 3,000$ + usd to get S random cards pwi will do nothing.
    The problem is the player base in our game they want to win at any cost even paying the cost a car to get the best gear in game.

Its unreal people in this game have a character with gear that is worth more than my brand new car...

My Idea anyway that I wanted to say was.
    Make cards tradable but with only 1 condition.
    1)You have to have 2 of same card to make them tradable.
    2) You need to max the card to max level.
    3)The only way to trade card is that if other player trade a card of same Grade.

You miss understand the whole point of this post. Its to get Cards CHEAPER and make it where we all can get good cards besides the people who can spend thousands on the game. I am fully up for them to be changed to tradeable. Rather u have to have it maxed level or base level 1 or anything inbetween. We just need cards easier to get then a Random C-S Pack or B-S pack. It is too expansive that way. I fully understand the bonus we get from the cards. But if they are Made where we can get Solid S Cards ( let that be random on what one ). People would fell 100% better about putting money on the game knowing that they can keep up with people.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Due to the random nature even people who plopped down a couple thousand for r999+12 fully jaded gear wouldn't necessarily all have the best cards. Which is really creating some problems for those spenders.

Personally i think it should only have two of the following attributes and not all three as it currently does. I don't particularly have a preference on which status to remove. untradeable, character bound, random. If they wanted it to be tradeable but character bound, they could just make it character bound upon equip (sent to war avatar bag) but tradeable until then and have it go to our regular bag first rather than the war avatar one.

I do think probably the best way would be to make it non-random but leave the trading status as is, so that people can just work toward what they want and buy it with gold. But I do question if that's a good idea. If they made it bound upon equip and random, it would give people a good reason to turn their gold into coins. So they could buy it from people who don't want/need that card. Which is something we really need. But as that's more just a hunch and not really something I've thought extensively on, I wouldn't advocate for any particular thing.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • c44102
    edited September 2014
    Due to the random nature even people who plopped down a couple thousand for r999+12 fully jaded gear wouldn't necessarily all have the best cards. Which is really creating some problems for those spenders.

Personally i think it should only have two of the following attributes and not all three as it currently does. I don't particularly have a preference on which status to remove. untradeable, character bound, random. If they wanted it to be tradeable but character bound, they could just make it character bound upon equip (sent to war avatar bag) but tradeable until then and have it go to our regular bag first rather than the war avatar one.

I do think probably the best way would be to make it non-random but leave the trading status as is, so that people can just work toward what they want and buy it with gold. But I do question if that's a good idea. If they made it bound upon equip and random, it would give people a good reason to turn their gold into coins. So they could buy it from people who don't want/need that card. Which is something we really need. But as that's more just a hunch and not really something I've thought extensively on, I wouldn't advocate for any particular thing.

I do like and dislike your idea about making cards bound on putting on. Maybe just the S cards to be bound on putting on because normaly anything under that people put on to just inprove what they have to work with as they go. Meaning regardless stuck with it. But if you got a S card and the stats donest actualy help u then u have the chance to trade with someone else before putting it on. But the Dislike part was what i stated for the change for S card only loved the rest b:victory
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    c44102 wrote: »
    You miss understand the whole point of this post. Its to get Cards CHEAPER and make it where we all can get good cards besides the people who can spend thousands on the game. I am fully up for them to be changed to tradeable. Rather u have to have it maxed level or base level 1 or anything inbetween. We just need cards easier to get then a Random C-S Pack or B-S pack. It is too expansive that way. I fully understand the bonus we get from the cards. But if they are Made where we can get Solid S Cards ( let that be random on what one ). People would fell 100% better about putting money on the game knowing that they can keep up with people.

The point is that in pwi a single players cash more than 20 players combined in a single month.
    I know people that cash always 1000 usd a month in pwi. While the average chasher only spend like 50-100 usd.
    I do would love for a way to get S cards cheaper because the current price is ridiculous..

But like a said if PWI making a killing in sales they not gonna do that.
    Someone on my server spent 20,000$ usd on a neuma portal S card set. So pwi with current low population is concentrating on these individuals only.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • c44102
    edited September 2014
    The point is that in pwi a single players cash more than 20 players combined in a single month.
    I know people that cash always 1000 usd a month in pwi. While the average chasher only spend like 50-100 usd.
    I do would love for a way to get S cards cheaper because the current price is ridiculous..

But like a said if PWI making a killing in sales they not gonna do that.
    Someone on my server spent 20,000$ usd on a neuma portal S card set. So pwi with current low population is concentrating on these individuals only.

Ouch noone on Arch has that set yet mainly because how expansive it is. If it was easier and cheaper to get then alot more have it. More people would feel better about trying to get it also. I do know what u mean on average price on what people spend and i know some serous cash shoppers also.But more people by bulk would put more money in to the game if they had a better chance on getting what they want. And if cards was tradeable more would also put more money also. So as a buseness more money is better and i think that would bring them in a ton more and make alot more people happy also.