[Maintenance Discussion]-9-23-14 COMPLETE

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Hey all,

Maintenance will be tonight from the usual 11PM - 2AM. There is no patch notes, just some simple localization fixes.

Time Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140923T23&p1=224&ah=3

Maintenance Question: Would you rather have a hover-board or jet-pack, and why?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TechDawg - Sanctuary
    TechDawg - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    First post?

Wheeeee!!!

Ty Sparkie for such a prompt Shutdown Notification, much much better then last week : ))

- Hover Board, because it's not always about how fast you can go!
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    First non-human reply!

The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 815-816 13.4MB (14010788 bytes)
    That's average-sized.

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.
    : Would you rather have a hover-board or jet-pack, and why?
    I would rather not decide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Hover Board. Especially if its Sonic Riders/Z.Gravity Extreme Gear type. As for why? Because you can't do awesome tricks with a Jetpack of course!

muh freestylin'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • morgaria
    morgaria Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    why do we need either one i think they are both stupid
  • jasrho
    jasrho Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would prefer a hoverboard because i need my hands free for smooshing mobs. I would really like to see some all class flyers though to add a bit of variety.
  • NomadWarrior - Heavens Tear
    NomadWarrior - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    any reason why the servers was down as well as the website?b:shocked
  • mightymoose
    mightymoose Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey all,

Maintenance will be tonight from the usual 11PM - 2AM. There is no patch notes, just some simple localization fixes.

Time Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140923T23&p1=224&ah=3

Can I interest you in discussing the premature expiry of Anni promo codes instead? :) The codes appear to be expiring 24 hours before they're suppose to. I tried letting you know in the week 2 anni thread, but I suspect you don't read it anymore. This is my last ditch effort to let you know :
    There is something wrong with the expiry times. I tried to redeem the Wed code on Friday night (15 mins past midnight,so technically Saturday morning) and it was already expired, even though it was suppose to expire on Saturday midnight. I should have another 23 hours to spare. Here is an earlier post I made with forum time stamp on it to show I'm not making numbers up :

BTW, would like to hear from Sparkie on this.

Maybe one of you mods can contact Sparkie about the premature expiry problem. :)
  • char54
    char54 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    wel i like a bicycle or a vespa or a old fashond moterbike with a sidecar, but a jet pack will do
  • Playful - Harshlands
    Playful - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like to see barb's in Cat form have anglb:chucklee wings.. it be nice to see flying tigers
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Can I interest you in discussing the premature expiry of Anni promo codes instead? :) The codes appear to be expiring 24 hours before they're suppose to. I tried letting you know in the week 2 anni thread, but I suspect you don't read it anymore. This is my last ditch effort to let you know :

Check the last post in that thread. He saw and responded to you. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I want a jet-pack so I can finally become taller than everyone I know b:cry
  • mightymoose
    mightymoose Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Check the last post in that thread. He saw and responded to you. b:chuckle

Yes he did respond, but unfortunately he thought the problem was only with the Friday code. I logged in on Friday night and the Wed code was expired. I already got the Thurs and Fri codes since I logged in on Friday night.

See the part in bold :
    There is something wrong with the expiry times. I tried to redeem the Wed code on Friday night (15 mins past midnight,so technically Saturday morning) and it was already expired, even though it was suppose to expire on Saturday midnight. I should have another 23 hours to spare.

The problem is not just the Fri code. I believe its all the codes expiring 24 hrs early. And in my particular case, it was the Wed code that I missed because I had tried to redeem on Friday night so that I could redeem the Thurs and Fri codes even with codes expiring 24 hours early.

(Plus I'm only guessing that Thurs and Fri codes are expiring early based on other replies, since I redeemed early enough to get those codes and was unaffected.)
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I choose Jet-pack. No more traffic! No more waiting for that silly elevator and no more awkward moments in elevator!

Best of all... you can pass gas whenever you feel like! It'll just add fuel to the flames >:D
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truacid
    truacid Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Jetpack because Human Flyers are already hover boards
  • Foxyface - Dreamweaver
    Foxyface - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jet packs are really bad on fuel and bad things happen win u run out b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuroimist - Archosaur
    Kuroimist - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hoover board because why not? ;P b:chuckle
    Too lazy to make a signature!
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey all,

I get both.

Why? It's my birthday tomorrow, so why not?
    b:chuckleb:laugh
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Jet-pack, logical choice. All the capabilities of a hover board plus true actual flight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annoying - Lost City
    Annoying - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes he did respond, but unfortunately he thought the problem was only with the Friday code. I logged in on Friday night and the Wed code was expired. I already got the Thurs and Fri codes since I logged in on Friday night.

See the part in bold :

The problem is not just the Fri code. I believe its all the codes expiring 24 hrs early. And in my particular case, it was the Wed code that I missed because I had tried to redeem on Friday night so that I could redeem the Thurs and Fri codes even with codes expiring 24 hours early.

(Plus I'm only guessing that Thurs and Fri codes are expiring early based on other replies, since I redeemed early enough to get those codes and was unaffected.)

"15 minutes past midnight so technically saturday morning." I want you read what you said there, specifically the bold. 11:59PM is the LAST minute of any day. So, by saying the code expired at Midnight 9/20, well that seems to be exactly when it did. Whether Sparkie meant 11:59pm 9/20 is a different topic. But I'd like to point out that you tried to redeem the code on the 9/20, 15 minutes past midnight. So. Just throwing it out there for the nitty gritty.

It appears the new system must be extremely picky with the times and dates. Which could possibly by why things are expiring early. Because remember; they used to always say 11:59PM.....
  • suprisecockfag
    suprisecockfag Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey all,

Jet pack, a really fast jet pack, 15m/s+ would be fun
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Jet pack, a really fast jet pack, 15m/s+ would be fun

OMG your name is hideous.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • LittIeVixen - Harshlands
    LittIeVixen - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Totally a hover board! one with cool patterns and dyable would be epic!!
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Roseary - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

No one has panicked about maintenance in months SweetieBot, please stop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystyrie - Dreamweaver
    Mystyrie - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So, if this is just the "normal" maint, then what happened to the "expansion" that is due tomorrow?

Oh, hoverboard hands down.
  • vias9x8
    vias9x8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    we really need a server page again so there isnt hundrads of replies asking sweetiebot about the server status.... hoverboard like in treasure planet (disney movie go google it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annoying - Lost City
    Annoying - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So, if this is just the "normal" maint, then what happened to the "expansion" that is due tomorrow?

Oh, hoverboard hands down.

You mean the expansion that gets released in CHINA tomorrow? WE won't get the English version for months. Earliest would be right before Christmas.
  • Mystyrie - Dreamweaver
    Mystyrie - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thank you for clearing that up for me.b:victory
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2014
    Look, everyone, manual patches!

EN:
    811-816
    815-816

DE:
    321-327
    324-327

FR:
    278-284
    283-284
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Roseary - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Surtr wrote: »
    Look, everyone, manual patches!

EN:
    811-816
    815-816

DE:
    321-327
    324-327

FR:
    278-284
    283-284

Can we trust these?

With all the "hacking" going around I don't think I will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]