PWI Eclipse Expansion Preview, launching 12/16

Comments

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Any idea of which TT mats you need for the new classes weapons?

Would be nice to see how forges are now organized.

Here you go, he did a great job going through the most important forges https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObjKKvL3Yyo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here you go, he did a great job going through the most important forges https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObjKKvL3Yyo

He clicked most things randomly and very fast. At least I was able to see what the LA class needs, thanks for the link.
  • Titoto - Raging Tide
    Titoto - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hate the fact that the seekers one is a dual sword/blade
    My forum avatar has been through so many changes by itself it's not even funny -.-
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Again, sorry if this was asked already:

Will the r9-scythes have purify too?
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Again, sorry if this was asked already:

Will the r9-scythes have purify too?

Yes, they do.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    question about the new daily check=in rewards are they random or do you choose what you want?
    It's actually on a predefined schedule. There is a yearly list of 365 prizes. Most of them are typical things.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    'kay. r8rring cleric glaive just because of that ****ing wep skin. Seriously best glaive skin in the game. b:dirty

Yessss yessss!
    I'd want to get it too but only if we can keep refines/shards though b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so one of the new classes is just another seeker but uses LA wow im not even gonna wanna my time checking out the other class i bet its gonna be LA cleric version from the lame name it got
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hoover69 wrote: »
    so one of the new classes is just another seeker but uses LA wow im not even gonna wanna my time checking out the other class i bet its gonna be LA cleric version from the lame name it got

The ""AA"-class aka caster is a mobile wizard.

The LA-Class is more or less a mixture of seeker/BM and sin.

Both interesting, but only the caster class takes the cake for me. Amazing. Currently lvl60. Still loads of fun. Done anything so far solo...with lvl30 gears cept for the range melee bosses, thats impossible. W/o the mobility I wouldnt have been able to solo most bosses == amazing.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • LTTechnit - Lost City
    LTTechnit - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So i've finally finished autopatching(that took absolutely forever), and then a window(about patcher), said something wasn't working and had to close the whole program. It closes. Oh lord.

Then i open the launcher and after a few flashes[from the bar on the bottom left], it looks like this: http://gyazo.com/c883c53cc11cd1cf7d4e665eed6087ae

This means it's done, right?(Oh god) I can't click Play.

Someone please help;;;;

EDIT:
    I realize that my game version is at 1625. When i try to autopatch it, nothing happens. How do I manually patch it?

As you can see the manual patch button(the one with the 手 symbol on the right?) is unclickable.
  • CapsunelSin - Lost City
    CapsunelSin - Lost City Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited September 2014

It's actually on a predefined schedule. There is a yearly list of 365 prizes. Most of them are typical things.

is there a list of them? i thought i saw one on here before but for the life of me i cant find it
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    is there a list of them? i thought i saw one on here before but for the life of me i cant find it

In the OP, scroll to "New systems", 3rd point. It has screenshot of the rewards.
  • CapsunelSin - Lost City
    CapsunelSin - Lost City Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In the OP, scroll to "New systems", 3rd point. It has screenshot of the rewards.

thanks b:pleased cant beliece i kept missing it there
    edited September 2014
    I've just noticed that after recast, the morai weapon becomes part of a set bonus http://i.imgur.com/Ewc6gav.png .
    That's curious, I guess they changed the set bonus as well and not only added 10 demonhunting lvls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've just noticed that after recast, the morai weapon becomes part of a set bonus http://i.imgur.com/Ewc6gav.png .
    That's curious, I guess they changed the set bonus as well and not only added 10 demonhunting lvls.
    Ya the set bonus was buffed a little.

Old:
    3/5 = Warding Level +5
    4/5 = Slaying Level +5
    5/5 = Chan -3% (AA) Int-.05 (LA/HA)

Morai Recast set (plus weapon):
    3/6 = Warding Level +5
    4/6 = Slaying Level +5
    5/6 = Chan -6% (AA) Int -.05 (LA/HA)
    6/6 = HP+600 (AA) / HP+650 (LA) / HP+750 (HA)

[sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Jinxers - Dreamweaver
    Jinxers - Dreamweaver Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have a very important serious question.

What's the new class dances look like? b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Anyone know anything about the new race's background? Whats the story behind them? b:thanks
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Puddinsundae - Harshlands
    Puddinsundae - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have a very important serious question.

What's the new class dances look like? b:thanks

I saw in a video that it was just the dance from Sapphire fashion for the male LA class... I really hope that's not it though. :c
    edited September 2014

Ya the set bonus was buffed a little.

Old:
    3/5 = Warding Level +5
    4/5 = Slaying Level +5
    5/5 = Chan -3% (AA) Int-.05 (LA/HA)

Morai Recast set (plus weapon):
    3/6 = Warding Level +5
    4/6 = Slaying Level +5
    5/6 = Chan -6% (AA) Int -.05 (LA/HA)
    6/6 = HP+600 (AA) / HP+650 (LA) / HP+750 (HA)

Thank you for the answer, it sounds good actually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Seems like there's not much new content added for "older" classes. Kinda disappointing. I was hoping for a few skill updates, or even bug fixes at the very least. But I guess with a dying game like this the best way to milk out a little more money is to introduce some new classes, plus it might entice some old players to come back with a fresh start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Best point so far. I really hope this will stay so in our version. b:laugh

NO it isn't - the best point would've been ABOLITION of botting and returned VALUE to DQ items so people can earn money like in the old days!!
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Seems like there's not much new content added for "older" classes. Kinda disappointing. I was hoping for a few skill updates, or even bug fixes at the very least. But I guess with a dying game like this the best way to milk out a little more money is to introduce some new classes, plus it might entice some old players to come back with a fresh start.

I would venture to say that it's still hard to say what will come out. Not only is this the first of many coming patches on PW-CN for this expansion, but it's only been released on the test server so far. The "real" version is released tomorrow on PW-CN, I believe. Furthermore, normally between this time and the time we obtain our expansion on PWI, normally another major patch or two of content and fixes are added, and a few minor patches as well. So far it is a bit disappointing that the only things we have seen are stuff mainly aimed for people rolling the new classes. The new instance for r8 recast 3rd stage will be pretty neat, I suppose. Even if we get the instance, it wouldn't help much considering most people went R9 instead of R8, or Warsoul 2nd stage/Nirvana 3rd stage (though word around the block is Warsoul is maybe getting a 3rd stage?). Anyways, even if we get the new instance, getting r8 2nd stage is really hard from what I understand, which is why most people went r999, Warsoul, or Nirvana. If 3rd stage R8 is easier to obtain than R8 2nd stage, it will be really wacky.

With the engine being updated to Angelica 3, I was hoping for a graphical overhaul (at least updating textures...), and working on new things for other classes as well. I mean, all that seems to be added is another set of r8 gear and some quests. No skills, dailies, or new areas designed to be farmed out daily for older toons.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    starfever wrote: »
    NO it isn't - the best point would've been ABOLITION of botting and returned VALUE to DQ items so people can earn money like in the old days!!

The problem with this, as its been stated many times before....is that players would just go to 3rd party botting again. Its already been proven that PWE doesn't really do much against "illegal" bots
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is the game engine really got upgraded, can anyone trying the CN test server notice/confirm from the experience playing there ?

Aside from aesthetic changes from using the new engine, I'd be very happy if they have eliminated the lag when in a very crowded area, like when people gather together for a mass PK in an area for example 30 vs 30 , my fps can go down as low as 7 fps showed on fraps. I use i7 2600k, 16gb ram, MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2gb gddr5, I also put the game client on an SSD drive, the lag is just ridiculous and unbelieveable.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The problem with this, as its been stated many times before....is that players would just go to 3rd party botting again. Its already been proven that PWE doesn't really do much against "illegal" bots

It was getting hard to earn money through botting anyway due to the massive inflation. With the nerf to DQ, gold price should decrease a bit, especially since people don't open packs nearly as often as they used to.

This also makes TW become a significant source of income again, especially if gold can go back down to the 2 million mark.

However, I do suspect another reason gold is so expensive atm is because of a lack of new blood, which means less gold selling, as well as more cash shopping vets quitting the game due to server/TW stagnation. If that's the case, gold will stay high, and F2P players will just be completely screwed. (This was kind of true in other pwi games that died as well).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Well ok, if thats the case, low-level/ new players are (as someone else said) screwed, but inflation wasn't going up excessively before legal botting afaik. Apart from anything else legal bots are a complete pain anyway as they just love to irritate other players by botting in quest areas, so if PW! are allowing botting they should make them pay for it by making them easily PK-able so others can erase them from their game! b:chuckle
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It was getting hard to earn money through botting anyway due to the massive inflation. With the nerf to DQ, gold price should decrease a bit, especially since people don't open packs nearly as often as they used to.

This also makes TW become a significant source of income again, especially if gold can go back down to the 2 million mark.

However, I do suspect another reason gold is so expensive atm is because of a lack of new blood, which means less gold selling, as well as more cash shopping vets quitting the game due to server/TW stagnation. If that's the case, gold will stay high, and F2P players will just be completely screwed. (This was kind of true in other pwi games that died as well).

This is my thought too. Even with inflated gold prices you could still earn coins. After the upcoming dq nerf, earning coins will be extremely hard (I guess unless you have 20 alts sitting at jolly) and I think gold prices will remain high, not under 2.5m-3m. People will still complain about not affording high gold. As they always have.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014

This is pretty much the issue. Botting just exacerbated it by causing an influx of coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hear(d) a rumor (on dw's world chat) about the next expansion that is coming to our servers, and if it turns out to be true I am so G O N E. (I know not much of a 'threat' to some, but i'm sure some will miss me.)

Still if this rumor turns out to be true... have fun with what little is left. (Rumor is that they are going to make all of pwi servers pvp... meaning no more pve.) Nw makes me feel pressured enough, and if this would be added it would pressure me in the wrong way enough so for me to up and leave albeit I will say my good byes to what friends I do have/are still in contact with. (I am bad at keeping in touch with people QQ. D:)

Regardless as I said/implied it only seems to be a RUMOR atm, but IF it turns out to be true.... 1 word... BYE.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hear a rumor (on dw's world chat) about the next expansion that is coming to our servers, and if it turns out to be true I am so G O N E. (I know not much of a 'threat' to a lot of you, but i'm sure some will miss me.)

Still if this rumor turns out to be true... have fun with what little is left. (Rumor is that they are going to make all of pwi servers pvp... meaning no more pve.) Nw makes me feel pressured enough, and if this would be added it would pressure me in the wrong way enough so for me to up and leave albeit I will say my good byes to what friends I do have/are still in contact with. (I am bad at keeping in touch with people QQ. D:)

Regardless as I said/implied it only seems to be a RUMOR atm, but IF it turns out to be true.... 1 word... BYE.

It is a lie, someone just wanted to rock the boat.
This discussion has been closed.