Nice touch shutting down gold trading

Options
Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
It was brilliant of PWE to shut down the gold trading by making the maximum sale price 1 million coins down from the previous 10 million coins. Many people are trying to buy and there is no one willing to sell. b:chuckle
Post edited by Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Well, OP isn't as brilliant... o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • mydarksun
    mydarksun Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    It might only be an issue for the HT server. Maybe that is why there is a lot of private sales on world chat.

I did look and the form says you can sell for 10 million but it rejects any offers to sell over 1 million. People are offering to buy at 3.9 million and there is no way to sell to them at that price except private sales.

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Seriously?

If that's the case, what happened to PWI saying that they weren't going to intervene in player based economy?

If it's true, then I welcome lower gold prices. The prices have grown outrageous; PWI should have stepped in a long time ago.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    am I the only one who has no clue what the OP is talking about? b:surrender
  • mydarksun
    mydarksun Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    am I the only one who has no clue what the OP is talking about? b:surrender

As I posted ..... It might be limited to 1 server but they are correct about the Heavens Tear server
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    It was brilliant of PWE to shut down the gold trading by making the maximum sale price 1 million coins down from the previous 10 million coins. Many people are trying to buy and there is no one willing to sell. b:chuckle

What the hell are you talking about? How about explaining since nobody understands what you're saying?

Gold cap is 4M, not 10.

Anyone care to actually explain this thread?O.o

EDIT: Just made a toon in HT to check the gold trading... People buying for 3.910.000, nobody selling, max price is still 4M (3.999.900), so, I still don't understand what OP means <.<

Mr. Justice
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    If this was done on purpose this was a very poor implementation of it, they so needed to make sure that cash shoppers have a reason to want in game gold. (which they don't have/botting is still a bit of a thing even with earning time)

Demand for boutique gold is higher than ever, but supply of it is really slim. They really need to find a way to balance it out.

So that cash shoppers are willing to put cash in game into the AH, they also need to ensure that people are willing to buy that gold once its in the AH, they did at least get that part right, we really do need a more massive gold sink if this game's economy is to recover a little.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    So that cash shoppers are willing to put cash in game into the AH, they also need to ensure that people are willing to buy that gold once its in the AH, they did at least get that part right, we really do need a more massive gold sink if this game's economy is to recover a little.

what.. i think you mean coin sink, not gold sink, the problem is all coin sinks we have in game are actually gold sinks except rerolling r8r/r9s3
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Problem in HT is too many coins circulating and the extreme high prices on catshops. CSer wont sell their their gold in ah because they can sell it at higher price in wc (and greedy people kept on buying gold at higher price each day).

Some people are even try to sell gold at 4.5m here b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    ... I wonder if OP realizes that gold has never had a cap of 10m on PWI. Highest it's ever capped at is the current 4m.

Sometimes I swear these people make me wonder.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    ... I wonder if OP realizes that gold has never had a cap of 10m on PWI. Highest it's ever capped at is the current 4m.

Sometimes I swear these people make me wonder.

idiocy and misinformation is so rampart on ht that its literally minddumbing

op is an idiot :proof gold trading HT right now
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Give me your 190 gold?b:cute b:kiss b:laugh

Mr. Justice
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2014
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »
    What the hell are you talking about? How about explaining since nobody understands what you're saying?

Gold cap is 4M, not 10.

Anyone care to actually explain this thread?O.o

EDIT: Just made a toon in HT to check the gold trading... People buying for 3.910.000, nobody selling, max price is still 4M (3.999.900), so, I still don't understand what OP means <.<
    Yeah, i don't get it either. I imagine someone doesn't understand something somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    what.. i think you mean coin sink, not gold sink, the problem is all coin sinks we have in game are actually gold sinks except rerolling r8r/r9s3

Repairs
    Teleport cost
    Craft fee, most notably on NW items. (huge!)
    AH fee
    Crazy stone (resuls in the buying of stones from NPC)
    Wedding quests.

No doubt there is more.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • mistyroger
    mistyroger Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Maybe they aren't willing to sell because they quit wasting their money on this game b:chuckle
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    mistyroger wrote: »
    Maybe they aren't willing to sell because they quit wasting their money on this game b:chuckle

This for definate b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Cube is a good coin sink if you fail it to much.So is fsp if you choose to try for a good card and fail and get a stank c card.First signs of a game dying is no gold in the ah,not enough private sells wcing lately either.
  • Ararat - Heavens Tear
    Ararat - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    If you try to sell gold for more than 3,999,000, you get a message saying the max is 1,000,000- but that is just an old message and isn't true. That is probably what they are seeing and believing it.
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Why isn't this Snip'ed? This is a clear insult and violation of the rules, But the Moderator's who's already been on the thread is just Letting it slide.We need some forum-staff replacement asap. Also, shame on you and anyone else throwing worthless Insults back in fourth.It's so primitive. That User never said anything to you. Let him ask his questions.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Why isn't this Snip'ed? This is a clear insult and violation of the rules, But the Moderator's who's already been on the thread is just Letting it slide.We need some forum-staff replacement asap. Also, shame on you and anyone else throwing worthless Insults back in fourth.It's so primitive. That User never said anything to you. Let him ask his questions.

To be fair, Mosz unintentionally gave proof that HT is stupid with his post. If the keys were close together, I'd let it slide; but apparently genius boy doesn't understand the difference between rampant and rampart. And that's in addition to what else was wrong with his post.

So he wasn't saying HT was "rampart" with stupidity just from OP; he was showing us with his own idiocy.
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    there should be no cap on what people can sell real money/gold for..imaginary pixel coin will never be worth as much as something you have to work for in real life...you start dictating what people can get for their good hard earned dollar and you lose...you start doing that and people stop spending and your game goes down the toilet as is proven time and time again in other games in the past and present

just my 2 cents...toodles...i'm out
    banner01.jpg
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Sanct gold has been maxed for awhile now...like I keep saying before, raise the gold cap and raise the coin carry cap.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Sanct gold has been maxed for awhile now...like I keep saying before, raise the gold cap and raise the coin carry cap.

No. This would be terrible for the low to mid level players. How could they ever afford to buy gold from the AH if the cap was raised?
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    No. This would be terrible for the low to mid level players. How could they ever afford to buy gold from the AH if the cap was raised?

... please tell me you're joking?

Even if you are, since I know some people do actually think this is the case:

The value of gold will increase whether or not the cap is in place, because there is no alternative means of obtaining it (if they had, for example, an NPC selling unlimited gold at the cap, that would be a different story). The cap as it exists now merely means that once the value of gold has exceeded the cap, nobody can purchase gold via the AH and everyone is forced into indirect means of obtaining boutique items (via people who charge).
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LangitBiru - Archosaur
    LangitBiru - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    If you try to sell gold for more than 3,999,000, you get a message saying the max is 1,000,000- but that is just an old message and isn't true. That is probably what they are seeing and believing it.

Good point.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    If PWI can ever get their act together, you wouldn't even know the cap was there. Actually if history of this game means anything, I don't think gold has ever consistently dropped over the past few years.

They tried to curb the botting, they tried to...k they didn't do much else. Until they come up with more coin sinks or something, and even that takes time to work, short term solution is to raise the gold cap.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty