PWI Eclipse Expansion Preview, launching 12/16

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We don't even know their Sage/Demon skills yet. I'm just curious about what kind of bonuses they'll get because some skills already seem like skills that would be on Sage/Demon level.

However, it will probably take a while until we really see these effects in PvE & PvP because I don't think we'll see too many R9rr/cards right away (especially not if they introduce R9rr later like they did with the Earthguard).

Skills on paper might work differently in-game and dwelling too much in the realm of theory isn't good but like I said earlier... I don't really like the way some of the skills sound so I don't blame anyone who has a bad feeling about this.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Moon Fairies are taking kiting to an entire new level, and they get puri r9, lmao wtf thats going to be EXTREMELY annoying for melees. I can't wait! Knockback too? Ultimate troll class. b:chuckle
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just finished recording Part 2 of my LA class playthrough, rendering it atm.

Some updates to Eoria's skill translations based on skills I've obtained so far:
    Hazy
    Channel 0.2s
    Cast 0.6s
    Cooldown 90.0s

Increases attack speed by 20% and reduces damage in relation to distance from an enemy. Reduces X amount of damage for X seconds at most. After transfiguration, some skills are strengthened.

Costs 30 chi.

No Style
    Melee Range
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 1.0s
    Cooldown 1.0s
    Chi 10

Inflicts base physical attack plus X physical damage.

Owl
    Melee Range
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 1.0s
    Cooldown 6.0s
    Chi 10

Inflicts base physical attack plus X physical damage. Increases movement speed by 60% for 3sec and increases the damage of the next No Style within the next 6sec by 35%.

Cooldown shortened to 1sec after transfiguration.

Doublet
    Melee Range
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 0.9s
    Cooldown 6.0s

Inflicts base physical attack plus X physical damage. The next cast of No Style within the next 6s will always crit. If your health is lower than enemy's health, the skill does 5% maximum value of health. If the enemy's is lower, then it does 15% base physical attack plus X physical damage.

Costs 20 chi.

Relentless Tour
    Range Xm (25m at level 1)
    Cast 0.7s
    Cooldown 30.0s
    Chi 10

Teleports to the enemy and causes 30% physical attack plus physical damage and stuns for one second. If the enemy this is used on dies within the next 20sec, the cooldown of this skill will be reset.

Wings
    Melee Range
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 0.5s
    Cooldown 6.0s
    Chi 15

Within the target direction of 120 degrees, does a fan-shaped 8m AOE that deals base physical attack plus X amount of physical damage decreases enemy movement speed by 40% for 3sec.

Cooldown reduced to 1sec after transfiguration.

Nine Songs
    Melee Range
    Channel 0.1s
    Cast 0.5s
    Cooldown 6.0s
    Chi 15

Within the target direction of 120 degrees, does an 8m AOE? does physical attack damage plus X physical damage and reduces chi.

Default shortcut is Q
    Can only be used after casting Wings.

After transfiguration, cooldown is reduced to 1sec.

To clarify Nine Song's "Default shortcut is Q" thing: Once you cast Wings, a little button shows up (screenie) that overrides your default Q keybind (quest menu). Hoping this can be changed somewhere for people that want a different bind for it, but I haven't looked.

Edit: Oh wait, I guess they also have an another speed buff that has same icon with genies' Holy Path (not sure if it's a skill or something new so...) and it lasts longer than anti-stun/speed buff. You can see it in Mel's video. The link for Mel's video is in the OP, I guess.

The buff is from an item similar to the one that gave nabby toons future skills for your class in Origination. The item isn't restricted to the lowbie area, but is timed (30 days). I'm not sure if you can get a renewed one after it expires.

The buff itself appears to be permanent (at least, it lasts significantly longer than the skill's cooldown), and increases your speed by pretty significantly (my Night Shadow toon got up to 8.3m/s).
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The fairy on the other hand is literally game breaking cuz she is new as well as her playability. It'll take time to adjust to them, but they are not too OP, trust me. They might be annoying but they lack the major DMG to get anything end-game killed (altho this is just an assumption I think thats realistic). They will play a major role in Group PvP. 1on1s are not their business.

Knowing PW, I wouldn't be surprised if on top of jaw-dropping mobility they added wizard-like damage.

I only expect the worse from PW now.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i hope these classes dont overwhelm the older classes ...
    I do see some tiny shortcomings here and there but overall their skills look pretty darn nice to play but it would be pretty absurd if they turn out to be a tide turner class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I do see some tiny shortcomings here and there but overall their skills look pretty darn nice to play but it would be pretty absurd if they turn out to be a tide turner class.

Why is that?
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Demon Energy Leech costs 1 spark and considering it's a mystic skill it also costs a huge amount of mana, not to mention its for demon mystics.

And there's only a 50% chance of getting the increased movement speed. b:cry
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014

I woe it isn't th' assassins all over again

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2014
    I woe it isn't th' assassins all over again

But that wouldn't be anything new. PW's style always has seem to be to release things that steam roll old content, whether that be equipment or classes.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited September 2014
    But that wouldn't be anything new. PW's style always has seem to be to release things that steam roll old content, whether that be equipment or classes.

Just because somethin' has always be that way, dont mean it has to be that way. Let's pray fer th' best.

• Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2014
    Just because somethin' has always be that way, dont mean it has to be that way. Let's pray fer th' best.

I am not saying it has to stay the same way at all IF that's the impression my post gave you. I am simply saying that this wouldn't be anything new nor would I be surprised. In fact I really don't have a problem if this happened because the majority of the old content in my opinion is either obsolete,boring or just doesn't have much use in the games current state.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Knowing PW, I wouldn't be surprised if on top of jaw-dropping mobility they added wizard-like damage.

I only expect the worse from PW now.

wizard-like damage? D: it's not 2012 anymore :( more like demon veno-like damage D:

but from what i've seen they dont have major amps\debuffs so i might assume it will be a DPS\support oriented class
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited September 2014
    I am not saying it has to stay the same way at all IF that's the impression my post gave you. I am simply saying that this wouldn't be anything new nor would I be surprised. In fact I really don't have a problem if this happened because the majority of the old content in my opinion is either obsolete,boring or just doesn't have much use in the games current state.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. I just want it to fit in wit' th' others rather than takin' over. I'd rather they fix th' barnacle-covered instances instead 'o introducin' more power creep.

• Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised at all. I just want it to fit in wit' th' others rather than takin' over. I'd rather they fix th' barnacle-covered instances instead 'o introducin' more power creep.

It would be nice, it really is such a shame sometimes because I believe PW really has so much locked potential that I feel they refuse to utilize because it wouldn't be cost effective for their business goals.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    xD I just noticed that their knockback is an AOE skill xDDD if things getting too crowded on yourself just push everyone back...xDDDD wtf.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why is that?
    because you dont want to play a game thats basically only 2 classes, at least i dont.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • meranya
    meranya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    xD I just noticed that their knockback is an AOE skill xDDD if things getting too crowded on yourself just push everyone back...xDDDD wtf.
    ... That's not too groundbreaking, given the fact a Genie's Earthquake achieves pretty much the same PvE-wise.
    But if that works in PvP as well, I predict massive lols to be had in TWs. b:laugh Guess who will be the new KOS!
    "There are two things you cannot always reason with in this world - your own mind and the minds of other people. But you can try."
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    meranya wrote: »
    ... That's not too groundbreaking, given the fact a Genie's Earthquake achieves pretty much the same PvE-wise.
    But if that works in PvP as well, I predict massive lols to be had in TWs. b:laugh Guess who will be the new KOS!

Yep and some classes already have AOE knockback PVE-wise. The question is : "does this AOE knockback work in PVP or not".
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yep and some classes already have AOE knockback PVE-wise. The question is : "does this AOE knockback work in PVP or not".

Knowing PW's fondness for adding abilities that none of the original classes can do, I bet it will pvp-usuable.
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Knowing PW's fondness for adding abilities that none of the original classes can do, I bet it will pvp-usuable.

not true mystics have a knockback that works in pvp.

Also can we get confirmation about the older classes? are we wizzys finally gettign the revamp they desperately need?
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Also can we get confirmation about the older classes? are we wizzys finally gettign the revamp they desperately need?

As has been stated multiple times, old classes are not getting any significant changes.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jinxers - Dreamweaver
    Jinxers - Dreamweaver Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Are we getting more room for making characters?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited September 2014
    Wow, just wow! b:dirty
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ty for a nice info, LA sword class sounds cool, can use my old aps gears until G16, I guess.
  • w34kd0g
    w34kd0g Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014

No, they won't get anything I think. Just reroll to a class that's actually useful b:victory
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    any updates regarding genies?
    like new skills, or an overhaul of old skills, or new genie-gear, or even new genie types?
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited September 2014
    any updates regarding genies?
    like new skills, or an overhaul of old skills, or new genie-gear, or even new genie types?

This. This is a good question.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In one of the videos they opened the genie interface and there was nothing new in regards to skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nixop
    nixop Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "Squad buff lowers damage taken from normal attacks by 20% (lvl 10). "

R.I.P. archers
  • belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    nixop wrote: »

R.I.P. archers

I would hardly call this the death of the archer class. Even with a 20% reduction, they still hit hard. If nothing else this will encourage them to further utilize those other skills they have that hit even harder.
This discussion has been closed.