PWI Eclipse Expansion Preview, launching 12/16

Options

Comments

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Working on playing through Night Shadow class.

First 1.5 hours of playing (levels 1-13, first 4 skills):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9cBMpk3XRo

Will try to get another one or two done tonight.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I will surely roll both to lvl60 as well and make a vid of it. We'll see, currently lvl35 on the fairy...fun so far (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    =========new buff summary from pwcn========

not sure if some1 did that, i don't have time check each reply

here is

new melee: team buff: lvl1 crit dmg reduce 22%, dmg improve 6% to mob, 30min
    passive : lvl1 range dmg reduce 18.7% (lvl 10 over 40%) , depend range

new caster: team buff: lvl1 auto att reduce 11%, 30min
    passive: lvl1 melee skill dmg reduce 5% melee auto reduce 15%

the data is lvl1, no double lvl10 is more stronger

many of them nerf archer. but new class , especially new melee team buff is very important to PVP ( maybe 30-40% critical dmg reduce in lvl 11).

Make a new endgame toon is not easy, but make a buff toon is not too hard. b:laugh
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    attackerv wrote: »

here is

many of them nerf archer. but new class , especially new melee team buff is very important to PVP ( maybe 30-40% critical dmg reduce in lvl 11).

Make a new endgame toon is not easy, but make a buff toon is not too hard. b:laugh

Well, I definitely know what I'm going to do with my Moon Fairy once I get to 100 and stop playing him (since I've no plans to actively play beyond just trying it out). b:shocked
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6PKzIxE1Pk

Moon Fairy 59 skills. Well... some of them are 59 skills. I suspect there are also 49 skills in it (genius).

At 57sc you can see her being immune after casting a big spirity bubble around herself... which perfectly fits to Eoria's translation of their healing skill.

Tbh their skill animations looks better than every other class... which is kinda annoying but ok, I will definitely play her.

And they really sound OP. I mean they get their anti-stun skill at level 19. Their healing skill is a mix of Psychic's Spirit Phalanx (irrc a morai skill), Venomancer's Feral Concentration (79 skill) and Mystic's Nature Barrier (79 skill) and they get it at level 59 (or earlier). Lots of aoe and cc skills, casting while running, reducing melee attack, combos with thunder and ice balls...

PS Is there anyone who can tell me what is she doing at 3:16?
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Any info on the new class tt/warsoul/G16 weapons?

Since they are using class specific weapon, means new mold are added to WS or the forges.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    attackerv wrote: »

here is

Sweet Celestia have mercy....

I really do feel for Archers in particular now, but I can see this weakening Crits across the board. At least Sins and Seekers still have their GoF, but that Melee Skill Damage reduction effect in tandem with the crit damage reduction means Purge is going to be even more important than ever. (At least against the Moon Fairy, though its not like it wasn't before with passives,Spirit of Defense, and so on as of late, but still)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Sweet Celestia have mercy....

I really do feel for Archers in particular now, but I can see this weakening Crits across the board. At least Sins and Seekers still have their GoF, but that Melee Skill Damage reduction effect in tandem with the crit damage reduction means Purge is going to be even more important than ever. (Not like it wasn't before with passives,Spirit of Defense, and so on as of late, but still)

Will it be purge-able though? b:question We have some buffs that aren't purge-able so you never know but I guess it probably is.

I have to admit I'm surprised with the numbers. I was expecting it to be less. I guess PWCN has OP Archers b:shocked

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kymraja - Raging Tide
    Kymraja - Raging Tide Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    ooook, a pair of probabily noob questions:

will the cultivation change stone preserve primal skills? i've seen you writing level 11 in the description, but would love to know if anyone tried it to be sure.

Second, i've heard bamble will work based on soulforce, was this just a rumor? If not, what are the new two refleced damage ranges?
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Will it be purge-able though? b:question We have some buffs that aren't purge-able so you never know but I guess it probably is.

I'd have to assume it is, since these can be given to an entire squad. I'm curious if/how this will stack with a Wizard/Demon Barb's Critical chance. At least the Melee Skill Damage reduction's a passive unique to that class instead of an actual buff...The Moon Fae's Squad buff seems to be similar to a fortification drought, so its not that big of a deal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6PKzIxE1Pk

At 57sc you can see her being immune after casting a big spirity bubble around herself... which perfectly fits to Eoria's translation of their healing skill.

I don't see the tidal in it so yeah, this is basically Phalanx/Feral/Nature's Barrier.

Fixed that + Relentless Tour descriptions + added the level 1 values for the buffs/passives.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Someone needs to test and see if the Moon Fairy knockback skill works in PvP, because if it does then that class is going to be EXTREMELY annoying, which I like. I just got enough badges for a t3 weapon for this thing, and I have rep sitting in the bank so I can go r9 as soon as possible. I also have various sets of gear saved (Thank goodness, I almost sold all of it b:surrender). I've always dreamed of a water/metal affinity class, and here it is! I am BEYOND excited at this point
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Joe - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Someone needs to test and see if the Moon Fairy knockback skill works in PvP, because if it does then that class is going to be EXTREMELY annoying, which I like. I just got enough badges for a t3 weapon for this thing, and I have rep sitting in the bank so I can go r9 as soon as possible. I also have various sets of gear saved (Thank goodness, I almost sold all of it b:surrender). I've always dreamed of a water/metal affinity class, and here it is! I am BEYOND excited at this point

I alrdy said that it does. but here goes again. It does work on players.

The moment this class comes out ima farm all the molds in a day and she'll be full r9 +10 in a week. That's going to be fun :D
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I alrdy said that it does. but here goes again. It does work on players.

The moment this class comes out ima farm all the molds in a day and she'll be full r9 +10 in a week. That's going to be fun :D

What! No! :(

But...but... b:sad

It was our only advantage... and by our, I mean mystics... nuuuu QQ

OK, now. This class is getting really annoying. I might like scythes but this is simply too much. So moon fairies basically got every good side of mage classes and more... great.

I wonder if the old-but-new devs are competing their new classes with TB and EG classes. Is it a some kind of show off?
  • Joe - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options

OK, now. This class is getting really annoying. I might like scythes but this is simply too much. So moon fairies basically got every good side of mage classes... great.

Walking while casting...any more questions? when purify spell triggers...hell...you can just outrun everyone. then count in lag as well...you can't catch them at all.

Did I mention that they are the first mage class with a increase movement speed + immune to movement debuffs skill? xDDD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

OK, now. This class is getting really annoying. I might like scythes but this is simply too much. So moon fairies basically got every good side of mage classes and plus... great.

I wonder if the old-but-new devs are competing their new classes with TB and EG classes. Is it a some kind of show off?

The copycat class complaining about a new class with abilities they have? Please...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Walking while casting...any more questions? when purify spell triggers...hell...you can just outrun everyone. then count in lag as well...you can't catch them at all.

Did I mention that they are the first mage class with a increase movement speed + immune to movement debuffs skill? xDDD

Yeah. I know about the bolded part, not to mention they get it at level 19 but tbh I don't really understand what is the deal with this purify spell? What does it mean?

Casting while running was OK, it was the unique side of their class. But it's getting too much.

Lots of aoes and ccs, casting while running, ice/thunderball combos, anti-stun buff, reducing melee damage and its party version, knockback that works in pvp, the earliest survival skill (the mix of phalax/feral and nature's barrier), conjuring a copy of themselves and probably much more...
    The copycat class complaining about a new class with abilities they have? Please...

Knockback that works in pvp is a mystic thing. So yeah. I will rage, QQ and complain about it. It was one of the few things that was unique for mystics... as you said we are already a mix of mage classes and having some special **** feels OK. And it's the moon fairy who copycats this time, mystics came before them... so it's not like mystics copied their pvp-knockback skill.
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Once I saw the casting while moving it felt like I was watching a totally different game. Not saying it can't work, but with how the classes and certain procs like purify are currently designed, I can only imagine the horror of it all during PvP.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Demon Energy Leech. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited September 2014
    Options

I'm still bothered that our Empower Vigor, Diminish Vigor, and Soulburn got loosly copied into other classes, and now this one's got something that mimics Spirit Phalanx....
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Demon Energy Leech. b:bye

And, iirc, Demon Summer Sprint. But still, they get it at level 19. While mystics and venos have to wait for a looong, loong time.

The problem is moon fairies are going to get similiar skills much more earlier than other mages. Which is hella annoying.

I feel sad for wizzies now. I guess they will stand no chance against moon fairies... and night shadows.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Sorry if this was asked already b:shutup

Are the moonfairies going to be able to channel all their skills whlie moving, or only certain ones?

Will they be able to cast while moving too?

Do they have skills that increase their movement speed?
  • Joe - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options
    And, iirc, Demon Summer Sprint. But still, they get it at level 19. While mystics and venos have to wait for a looong, loong time.

The problem is moon fairies are going to get similiar skills much more earlier than other mages. Which is hella annoying.

I feel sad for wizzies now. I guess they will stand no chance against moon fairies... and night shadows.

The thing is. They have it always. Doesnt matter if u go sage or demon, you will always have that. Any moon fairy will have that possibitly. All other classes are limited due to their cultivation. Thats massive.

Are the moonfairies going to be able to channel all their skills whlie moving, or only certain ones?

Most of their skills but not all of them.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options

As far as I can tell from videos, they can cast a good number of skills while running. I counted at least 4 skills that can be cast while running. All of them are avaible at early levels (1-33).

Yes, they have a buff that increases their speed, which also gives anti-stun.

Edit: Oh wait, I guess they also have an another speed buff that has same icon with genies' Holy Path (not sure if it's a skill or something new so...) and it lasts longer than anti-stun/speed buff. You can see it in Mel's video. The link for Mel's video is in the OP, I guess.
    The thing is. They have it always. Doesnt matter if u go sage or demon, you will always have that. Any moon fairy will have that possibitly. All other classes are limited due to their cultivation. Thats massive.

Ikr? It feels unfair. We expect some balances between classes and they give us more imbalances.

What will be their disadvantage anyway? They are a mage class, so high mag.defense. They have passive and party skills to reduce melee damage. They can always run around and hit you. They can stun, slow and reduce your mag. defense with their skills...and these are the things that I know from Narkotik's vids and the last time I checked he was around level 33 :S
  • meranya
    meranya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The more we find out, the more horrified I am. Not sure if I should even try to like these new classes, but seeing as how it doesn't really matter I can feel free to dislike them all day, everyday.

They just seem... unfair. Rightfully, this time.
    Didn't look forward to the massive walls of QQ and 'nerf pl0x' requests but at the same time, seeing this, people are entitled to complain.

On the one hand they have these advantages which as mentioned above the current classes have to strive to obtain in the first place, still limited by the path they chose anyway.

Seeing the requests and preferences of most players nowadays though, it doesn't surprise me we too are getting the 'easy-mode, get everything you could ever dream of in a few levels' pixel creations.

Eh, whatever floats anybody's boat. At least I'm not forced to try them out myself or anything, will just be weary of the flood this, whatever this will turn out to be in the end, will cause in the game.
    "There are two things you cannot always reason with in this world - your own mind and the minds of other people. But you can try."
  • Joe - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options
    meranya wrote: »
    The more we find out, the more horrified I am. Not sure if I should even try to like these new classes, but seeing as how it doesn't really matter I can feel free to dislike them all day, everyday.

They just seem... unfair. Rightfully, this time.
    Didn't look forward to the massive walls of QQ and 'nerf pl0x' requests but at the same time, seeing this, people are entitled to complain.

On the one hand they have these advantages which as mentioned above the current classes have to strive to obtain in the first place, still limited by the path they chose anyway.

Seeing the requests and preferences of most players nowadays though, it doesn't surprise me we too are getting the 'easy-mode, get everything you could ever dream of in a few levels' pixel creations.

Eh, whatever floats anybody's boat. At least I'm not forced to try them out myself or anything, will just be weary of the flood this, whatever this will turn out to be in the end, will cause in the game.

The only class that is special here is the moon fairy, the melee one is just another DD with massive CC skills, Who cares if its paralyze this time altho that was crystal clear that they would go this way from now on. That LA class has nothing to prevent themselves against paralyze itself so they might be able to dish out some DMG, but once you get them, they are dead, just as sins and Archer.

That's why the new LA class is pathatic, nvm their hype. If they would've gotten tidal as well, ok OP tenfold...but that way. pfft, just another LA 1-shot class.

The fairy on the other hand is literally game breaking cuz she is new as well as her playability. It'll take time to adjust to them, but they are not too OP, trust me. They might be annoying but they lack the major DMG to get anything end-game killed (altho this is just an assumption I think thats realistic). They will play a major role in Group PvP. 1on1s are not their business.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    That new mob aggro indicator is probably going to make the Have a Listen rooms in the cube a lot easier...

The new classes already have TT / Warsoul / Legendary / R9 weapons. Caster gets Purify Spell and Phys gets God of Frenzy. They haven't added PWI-version R999 yet though.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Joe - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options
    That new mob aggro indicator is probably going to make the Have a Listen rooms in the cube a lot easier...

The new classes already have TT / Warsoul / Legendary / R9 weapons. Caster gets Purify Spell and Phys gets God of Frenzy. They haven't added PWI-version R999 yet though.

xD just maybe u know that. I noticed that u cannot buy any weapons of their at the regular blacksmith..do you happen to know where to get some from? xDD

I hope they'll integrate those weapons on the common NPCs.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

<cough>Natural Synergy<cough>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    <cough>Natural Synergy<cough>

lol, I forget that b:chuckle
    But still, venos have to level more and need to do dailies to get that skill. While the fairies will have their skill with 19 culti.

Edit: I'm not sure but the wiki says it makes your pet anti-stun, not you. Not sure tbh but I remember it too as an anti-stun for the pet and veno.

Natural Synergy costs 1 spark+ morai skill.
    Demon Summer Sprint is almost free (ok that one is probably better than the fairy skill but it's for demon venos so...)
    Demon Energy Leech costs 1 spark and considering it's a mystic skill it also costs a huge amount of mana, not to mention its for demon mystics.

Moon Fairy skill costs 10-50 chi (cant remember atm) and probably not so much mana, both demon and sage moon fairies will be able to use it.
This discussion has been closed.