Why?

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    TY for that video. Im gonna start using armageddon more :D (and occult ice)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Pls close this thread. The guy again is making a fool of himself. He has no experience in pvp and he doesnt got r9 gear but he talks like he has.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Don't be absurd. They wont just close the thread just because you ask them to. i had a few people who kept this thread on track or tried to, But then i get people like yourself, who Takes it off track.
    For every one of those who can do that, there's at least a a dozen I could probably do the same to.

Ain't even Mad/10. There's always going to be someone ahead of you, either because they played longer/worked harder, spent cash, or even outright cheated the system. Getting mad about it solves nothing.

The purpose is to fulfill a goal that Ive set up in mind. Someday, I'll survive that nonsense and kill those players too maybe.

Goals. Also, R9 and beyond is pretty damn great as is for pretty much everyone.

Its just Nature running its course. Some days you're the hunted, but if there's anything NW's shown, there's plenty who I could hunt down with the same ease, too.
    For anyone wondering, This is what a ON-track and on-topic response Looks like to my question.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    *snip ignorance, false claims, and so on*
    Alrighty. You have fun with all that. I'm going to ignore you now since you aren't worth the effort and it's pretty obviously low quality bait. That or you're an idiot, and I don't want to assume you're an idiot as that would be rather judgmental of me.
    TY for that video. Im gonna start using armageddon more :D (and occult ice)
    NP. When I need a quick laugh sometimes I'll pull that up and smile. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    sniped a clear violation of the rules of conduct in thread:http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=63291 post 2

If im an idiot then you're a dumb-*** with defective genes Who shouldn't be allowed to Breed. But like i said, that's If im an idiot. I also don't like to judge. i believe you may have some anger problems as well. Calm down neanderthal. Thank you for taking my Post off topic yet again. I really hope no one see's you breaking the Rules of conduct with the pathetic thoughtless insults either. Would be a real shame.
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    If im an idiot then you're a dumb-*** with defective genes Who shouldn't be allowed to Breed. But like i said, that's If im an idiot. I also don't like to judge. i believe you may have some anger problems as well. Calm down neanderthal. Thank you for taking my Post off topic yet again. I really hope no one see's you breaking the Rules of conduct with the pathetic thoughtless insults either. Would be a real shame.
    Okay. I lied above as this is too damn hilarious for me to resist and calling people out is amusing as hell.

In the interest of saving the people watching this from seeing a large block of text, I am snipping most quotes. You guys can click the little dots by the names to see them. With that stated, let's deconstruct a hypocritical troll!

First, let's go to the claims of how everyone's taking your thread off-topic, yet we have...
    *snip*
    *snip*
    sondok wrote: »
    *snip*
    *snip*
    *snip lots*
    *snip*
    *snip*

*snip*
    All of which were on-topic responses to your question, many of which you ignored or flat-out rejected because you didn't want to believe them.

The first major topic change, however, was caused by:
    Complete lie. Full R9 +12 with Full defense lvl shards Dont get One shotted. At least i personally wouldnt. No clue about what you would do in that situation. Even by another +12 R9, It'll Boil down to who has the most skill in that type of scenario. It's the same as taking a lvl 80 blademaster with NPC gear, and dueling a lvl 80 wizard with NPC gear. If the gear is even, there wont be any One shots.

*snip*
    Most specifically, the bolded part which basically proved to anyone with even the slightest amount of endgame PvP experience that you were making **** up and had no actual idea what you were talking about.

This post was quickly refuted by:
    *snip*
    as it was directly relevant to your own, completely wrong, claims.

We then move towards your response:
    *snip 1*

*snip 2*

Oh PS. i guess Sense we are throwing Insults now. EVERYONE look at his post before you start saying I started this. I have 100% Proof that i didnt.
    Where the first portion snipped is you blowing off someone who has the sort of gear to be directly relevant to this topic with zero basis whatsoever other than you not liking their answer.

The second part is you deciding to continue the tangent you created... and then calling names and pointing fingers about something that never even happened. Oh and there's THIS lovely little gem of you telling him to kill himself via electrocution that had to be edited out. Because that's totally not flaming or anything, right?

We move on past your constant sticking to this tangent that, once again, you started and several of your posts where you begin to blatantly flame others who never actually attacked you, thus earning those posts edits and some having to be flat-out deleted, to more recent things... such as you flaming:
    *snip*
    For daring to respond to another post while still being on-topic... even though YOUR response to it was nothing but a hate filled flame that had to be deleted.

Then you continue claiming people who are directly answering your question, even without referring to the derail YOU began are somehow, "not understanding" when they're answering directly the question you keep trying to repeat as if repetition somehow nullifies all the BS you've been spewing in the thread thus far as well as invalidates what they say.

We then have you trying to flame me and claim I'm derailing your thread even though I've merely answered your questions and pointed out places where you were wrong. Even going so far as to ignore:
    Again.. why would I feel worthless? Someone did what I did better and can do to me as I can do to those who did what I did worse. Where is the logic in getting depressed about what should be common sense? Someone who spends tens gets killed by one who spends hundreds. Someone who spends hundreds gets killed by someone who spends thousands. And so on and so forth. This is as basic as 1+1=2 and any rational, straight-thinking person has no reason to have some sort of major negative effect from it. You may get annoyed in the heat of the moment or just laugh it off, but the fact of the matter is it shouldn't have any major effect whatsoever on you.
    *snip middle parts pointing to flaws in your previous arguments*
    So as I said in the first place, you aren't gonna be hurt by being killed by someone with better gear than you just because you invested time/money into your gears. Not unless you're mentally ill and shouldn't be online muchless playing a genre where people who spend more than you are get a greater advantage than you to begin with.
    Which was completely relevant to both the main question AND the side discussions that once again YOU had created. Instead, you choose to go on a strawman based tangent and then complain about how it's unfair that your thread was moved to the appropriate section as well as follow up your pile of **** by claiming that the COMPLETELY RELEVANT POINTS I MADE were off-topic.

I then pointed out more of your logical fallicies, re-iterated my on-topic points, and finished up by asking you a simple question based on your behaviour thus far, namely:
    *snip*
    So honestly, are you gonna open your eyes and start using your head to be logical or are you gonna behave more like a troll here?
    Your reaction to that? To go on a mass QQ rant that has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything else, attempt to insult me multiple times over, and then try to justify yourself by saying that:
    *snip*
    Using pathetic insults like "Troll" just proves how childish you are. i Reframe from throwing one back, Because my brain is more advanced, And not stuck in the primitive name-calling stage.
    Complete bull**** considering the REST of your EVERYTHING not only in this thread, but all over the forums in general. Oh but it gets even better!

I then disengage because you're pretty much proving you're either a troll or an idiot at this point and you decide to blow up with the above where you use even MORE blatant and outright flaming... while trying to tack on the rule against the flaming that you've been doing to everyone and apply it to my lack of flaming you as if it somehow excuses you.

And that brings us to the current post.

I take back my previous statement as you're far too intellectually challenged to be an idiot and not even the worst of trolls would like to be categorized within the same lump of total and utter fail that you encompass. So you're neither an idiot nor a troll. What you are is the type of person that should be removed from the gene pool in order to give the the human race the highest cost/benefit ratio for continued survival. Congratulations to you!
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014

Normally, I'd hold back at least a bit... but considering almost every post they've made all over the forums consists of flaming/trolling/bashing/insulting people with almost nothing constructive to add (there are a few rare gems, mind you. Just not that often) I figured pointing out its hypocrisy would be amusing.

And it did entertain me, so mission accomplished. I have a reputation to uphold as the "evil, mean, corrupt, power abusing, stupid, etc etc," mod after all! b:chuckle
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    REKT.jpg

pls apply burn heal
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Normally, I'd hold back at least a bit... but considering almost every post they've made all over the forums consists of flaming/trolling/bashing/insulting people with almost nothing constructive to add (there are a few rare gems, mind you. Just not that often) I figured pointing out its hypocrisy would be amusing.

And it did entertain me, so mission accomplished. I have a reputation to uphold as the "evil, mean, corrupt, power abusing, stupid, etc etc," mod after all! b:chuckle

/o\ reminds me of that video you posted in a response to me a while back. :D

Ftw

---

That aside/a sad attempt to get this back on topic, which I think its fairly unlikely, but nevertheless back to original topic.

I am sure it has been answered already.

Really we all have our reasons for doing it, for some its an accomplishment/goal, some know even though that there is an insane uphill climb in getting in even gear, every little step helps, its not like we can all go from rubbish gear to r93r +12 overnight, it is a process/marathon for the f2p/casual cash shoppers, not a 'snap' fingers and we're there kind of thing for those type of players.

It still helps regardless of the fact that others who are stronger than you still one shot you, there will be others who were capable of killing you/out damaging you previously that you could now stand up to a little better due to getting r93r, and possibly even kill yourself.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Really we all have our reasons for doing it, for some its an accomplishment/goal, some know even though that there is an insane uphill climb in getting in even gear, every little step helps, its not like we can all go from rubbish gear to r93r +12 overnight, it is a process/marathon for the f2p/casual cash shoppers, not a 'snap' fingers and we're there kind of thing for those type of players.

It still helps regardless of the fact that others who are stronger than you still one shot you, there will be others who were capable of killing you/out damaging you previously that you could now stand up to a little better due to getting r93r, and possibly even kill yourself.

Pretty much this 100%. What matters is the journey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Who spends a hundred bucks expecting to get more value out of a purchase than someone who spent 1000 in the first place. I spend hundred bucks at mcdonalds and get enough to feed my little league baseball team, I don't get pissed because someone who spent thousands can feed a corporate event. He spent more so he gets more. WTF does that have to do with my self esteem. Why on god's green earth would I (or anyone) feel bad. Why does it make my gear worthless to get what I paid for, and no more than what I paid to buy. I didn't buy +12 refines, JOSDs, War-Avatars, etc so why I should have the benefit of them?

Obviously someone who spent more than me is going to come around and one shot. If we're talking about a self-esteem purchase in a video game. Then I wouldn't buy r999+5 in the scenario to beat someone who spent thousands. I'd buy r999+5 to one shot people with g15/g16 in nation war and such. Then I'd probably trash talk the people who spent more as being no-lifes/pathetic cashers spending mom's money, etc. Because you know my self worth is tied to a game, so I have to denigrate others to make myself feel good in this scenario. Then when my e-peen is sufficiently stroked, I'd log off and cry alone in bed because my self-worth is tied to a video game, and not even the reality in THAT video game.

But that is if I was a crazy person who expected to get the same value out of my hundred dollar purchase as someone who spent a thousand.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Again.. why would I feel worthless? Someone did what I did better and can do to me as I can do to those who did what I did worse. Where is the logic in getting depressed about what should be common sense? Someone who spends tens gets killed by one who spends hundreds. Someone who spends hundreds gets killed by someone who spends thousands. And so on and so forth. This is as basic as 1+1=2 and any rational, straight-thinking person has no reason to have some sort of major negative effect from it. You may get annoyed in the heat of the moment or just laugh it off, but the fact of the matter is it shouldn't have any major effect whatsoever on you.

The fact is that all gear CAN be 1-shot. Everyone in the game is a 1-shot for someone else regardless of where we are right now. Quite literally the only way to not be a potential 1-shot is to have a GM cape that gives you HP well above the (current) maximum potential damage a player can deal to another player. And, again, what does it matter if you can be killed or 1-shot easily or not as long as you enjoy yourself outside of that? Being a +8 on a server of +5s with maybe two people who have +12 shouldn't make the +8 guy get depressed and act worthless just because there are two people that can do to him what he can do to the rest of the server. It's not like they're always gonna be fighting those two who are better geared or as if it even matters one iota the instant they log out. One day the game will come to an end and then what? All the hundreds or thousands or whatever that's been spent will vanish into thin air with absolutely zero effect on your life outside the computer. It's whether or not you were entertained as a result of spending that money (or time, in the case of those who farm/merch) that determines if it was worthwhile. Not whether or not someone out there did more than you. At least, if you're a sane and rational person, anyways.

Bzzt. Wrong. BM uses True Emptiness and the Wizard flat out dies. This happened ALL THE TIME even to better geared wizards than the BMs back when PvP was active across all levels. Same with the bramble rage example I provided.

Common sense has nothing to do with it and trying to add in extra variables doesn't change it. With the example that you created, a BM with a True Emptiness genie can 1-shot a wizard and if the wizard has bramble rage he can 1-shot the BM. Also magic marrow? Congratulations on opening yourself up to a blade tempest which deals both physical and magical damage. You're the one who wants to use competence, after all and that also means you don't get to tip the scales with things like "Oh he has less chi than that guy" or "Oh his genie had the wrong attribute point distribution for its type" or anything similar.

False. There are such things as apoth. We have genies. We have buffs. I can fight R9s and G16s on non-reawakened level 8X characters and win. Because I play smarter than they do. I've used a R9+7 cleric to absolutely destroy a R9+10 BM because I was just that much better. Are you seriously trying to claim that a person who is all +11s is gonna get 1-shot by default by someone who's the exact same as they are except for being all +12s instead? If so, that's completely senseless and ridiculous.

Yes because clearly the barb getting off Arma means they were able to move out of the w-- oh right, the game doesn't let that happen and we have ways to keep people in place to use skills. Right.

And your fallback is they didn't spend hundreds on their gear? Really? So you've dropped your prior idea that the 1-shotting at equal gear doesn't happen now? Okay, I shall counter with this video. Barb in OHT gear and calamty axes stomps a mystic in full R9 armor. Before you try to say it wasn't a 1-shot, watch the damage log. Arma did enough damage to 1-shot said mystic and oh lookie. It even goes against your "they can move" because common sense would tell you that a player using something like that would... ya know... stun/freezel their opponent first so the opponent couldn't simply move away from the attack. Oh and the barb in this video isn't even a vit build at the time meaning they could have dealt even more damage. So spending X amount on gear does not automatically make you invincible to people who are below your gear like you keep trying to imply here.

So as I said in the first place, you aren't gonna be hurt by being killed by someone with better gear than you just because you invested time/money into your gears. Not unless you're mentally ill and shouldn't be online muchless playing a genre where people who spend more than you are get a greater advantage than you to begin with.

Sorry but I think you are exaggerating a LOT and I mean a LOT.
    There is no way a level 80 character who has never reawaken and using tt80 gear can beat a full R9r3 character or even a G16.
    unless you are talking about normal r9?
    2 years ago I was able to beat level 100 r9 people with Hooks & thorns.That video you linked is from 2011 same era I was able to beat R9 people with Hook & Thorns.
    doing that time Reawakening+ war avatar + R9r3 + G16 did not exist.

These days even G13 or r8 weapon just tickle G16 players.
    tt80 does not have enough power to even hit over 3 digits. I bet they hit for 2 digit lol.

Its you really can beat a R9r3 player with just TT80 set then please post video because you seriously must be the most skilled player in pwi historyb:shocked If they charmed even if they go afk you would not be able to kill them lol.
    I did was able to kill a full R9r3 + 11 mystic with interval set and G16 daggers.
    So yes is possible for a G16 player to beat a full R9r3 as long as that player does not have +12 ornaments + S cards + JoD

So spending X amount on gear does not automatically make you invincible to people who are below your gear like you keep trying to imply here.

You are also wrong here.
    a person that cash 30,000 usd+ will automatically buy invisibility it does not matter how skilled you are you will die.
    full Neuma set is just that OP. Also that person will obviously be Full R9r3+12 all + full JoD.

A full R9r3 +12 player with full JoD + random S cards no set maxed can easily tank and solo a full squad of R9r3 +10 that does not have JoD and just A cards with ease they just can not kill the player. Especially if they are physic they just tickle him. I have seen it a lot in NW.

To mechabeastmc666##############################

Yes a Full R9r3+12 joD full S random cards can be one shotted by a player who is also full R9r3+ 12 JoD Full Neuma set.
    Full Neuma portal S card set.
    Having full Neuma set is the same as having a R9r3 Set on TOP of R9r3 Set!

Is like you could wear R9r3 + set twice lol.
    These the stats full neuma portal set give maxed.
    HP: +3488
    Phys. Attack +2092 ( This is like equiping x2 R9r3+12 weapons!)
    Mag. Attack +2092
    Phys. Res.: +4817
    Mag. Res.: +2830
    Spirit +588
    Def. Level +2
    Att. Level +7
    Magic +10
    Dexterity +10
    Vitality +10
    Critical Hit Rate +1%

But Then again to get a "just" full Neuma portal set cost 20,000 USD + on average it could cost twice as much if you having bad luck.

Yes it must suck for people that spend 1000$ + and get 1 shotted but they will then 1 shot G16 players and feel good again by beating people weaker than then.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That means you dont have a day job too if you see them online most of the time?b:chuckleb:chuckle
    giphy.gif

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A full R9r3 +12 player with full JoD + random S cards no set maxed can easily tank and solo a full squad of R9r3 +10 that does not have JoD and just A cards with ease they just can not kill the player. Especially if they are physic they just tickle him. I have seen it a lot in NW.

The only reason this can happen is people suck and can't coordinate.

Personally, a sin and I took down a R93+12 BM with Jades in less than a minute. The BM got purged while occupied with the sin, the sin hit EP, and I used a ZTP. 4 crits later the BM was dead.

Neither of us had maxed R93 either.

The lifeblood of this game is debuffs and amps, with the OHT barb vid you can see it was a self-buffed fight, so Mire and Penetrate did a big number for the barb to hit so hard with Arma.

Anyone can die in a flash...unless they cannot be debuffed because BS.

This thread is so stupid. It's a thread asking for people's "feelings" and then OP can't accept them. Go feel somewhere else then lol.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    The only reason this can happen is people suck and can't coordinate.

Personally, a sin and I took down a R93+12 BM with Jades in less than a minute. The BM got purged while occupied with the sin, the sin hit EP, and I used a ZTP. 4 crits later the BM was dead.

Neither of us had maxed R93 either.

The lifeblood of this game is debuffs and amps, with the OHT barb vid you can see it was a self-buffed fight, so Mire and Penetrate did a big number for the barb to hit so hard with Arma.

Mire and PA arent that OP. They reduce defence with xx% of gear value. Due to all the bonusses we have to defence, it is only a fraction of that percentage in reduction on the total. I think they add less damage than in PvE (where mire+PA would add some 30% or so) This barb would have gotten the kill also without the debuffs. The key to this kill was an enemy that was succesfully stunlocked, preventing it from 1-shotting the barb and a perfect take down to just above the 50% before the armageddon came. The armageddon didnt even seem to be a zerk-crit. (a crit yes, but that is only logical after onslaught)
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Someone asked an interesting question just now, Regardless of How you got the gear, It cost Money. Big money. the question is, Why spend so much Real life money(well into the Thousands) or "In-game-coins" on Rank 9 gear Just to have a BigGer badder spending and charger to One shot you? All of your hard work and sweat that went into getting that gear, Is shattered, Summed up into One shot from a cash shopper who spent More. How does that make you feel? Whats the purpose? Why get R9 gear if it's not gonna be +12? tHE Bigger cashshopper with the +12 will easily Kill you. No matter How much Skill you have,You cant survive a +12 magic wep from ie: a Pysic or a wizard. With a press of a button a Cash shopper Wins.He could have been playing for a year at the Most, and he destroys you within a matter of seconds, You who has been playing 5-6 years+ So why even get R9 in the first place if its not +12 with defense lvl shard in all slots?

Also, i personally have 0 characters with Rank 9. Im asking this for someone with R9 +5 immacs shards, point of view. How does it make you feel? To spend so much and be brushed aside like a mistake on a food order? b:laugh

I know a lot of people who feel the same as you, but you're not going to get an answer from them. They moved on a long time ago. The people who still play either are already the top 1%, or don't mind spending thousands on killing mobs/getting 1 shot. If you like that, be my guest; but that's not what I play this game for.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mire and PA arent that OP. They reduce defence with xx% of gear value. Due to all the bonusses we have to defence, it is only a fraction of that percentage in reduction on the total. I think they add less damage than in PvE (where mire+PA would add some 30% or so) This barb would have gotten the kill also without the debuffs. The key to this kill was an enemy that was succesfully stunlocked, preventing it from 1-shotting the barb and a perfect take down to just above the 50% before the armageddon came. The armageddon didnt even seem to be a zerk-crit. (a crit yes, but that is only logical after onslaught)

The key to this kill was the enemy popped phys immune after getting hit once by a lv 80 wep...

I didn't say they were OP. Verdant Shell does quite a number to pdef, so I would still estimate you get at least 20% more damage from Mire + PA if it only counters Verdant Shell's buff, which adds up when you pop an Arma crit. (That tells me PA + EP is probably better)

Pdef debuffs on robes had decent effect because they don't have much str or vit, so if you could purge a robe and pop debuffs it was almost direct reduction of the char's pdef value.

On the other hand, even unbuffed, mdef debuffs don't do much because the robe's magic is providing a pretty big multiplier to gear mdef, so since debuffs are only to gear value, it's comparably insignificant. I once tried a Thunder Shock + Eruption Fist combo, supposedly 80% reduction in metal defense, and it barely dented a robe's defense. (Why did I try such a thing? Because a lot of robes have higher pdef than mdef x.x)

Of course all this was before Primal buff...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This guy is clearly ignoring most of the respenses and continue to rant about points already debunked.

My gear is r9rr +10 wep +8-9 armor with 5 A cards and 1 S card.

I one shot:

A r9rr+7 barb (vit build)
    A r9rr+10 psy
    A r9rr +11 psy with some jades and NW ornies in white voodoo (with irnowood proc) knifethrow for 26k
    A r9rr+10 mystic
    A r9r+10 jaded cleric
    A r9rr+10 seeker
    A r9rr+10 archer

When i say +10, I mean minimum gear refine. The weapon is usually +12. Debuffs, amp, zerks, and crits are very effective for that type of thing. I suggest you learn how to use them.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    The key to this kill was the enemy popped phys immune after getting hit once by a lv 80 wep...

I didn't say they were OP. Verdant Shell does quite a number to pdef, so I would still estimate you get at least 20% more damage from Mire + PA if it only counters Verdant Shell's buff, which adds up when you pop an Arma crit. (That tells me PA + EP is probably better)

Pdef debuffs on robes had decent effect because they don't have much str or vit, so if you could purge a robe and pop debuffs it was almost direct reduction of the char's pdef value.

On the other hand, even unbuffed, mdef debuffs don't do much because the robe's magic is providing a pretty big multiplier to gear mdef, so since debuffs are only to gear value, it's comparably insignificant. I once tried a Thunder Shock + Eruption Fist combo, supposedly 80% reduction in metal defense, and it barely dented a robe's defense. (Why did I try such a thing? Because a lot of robes have higher pdef than mdef x.x)

Of course all this was before Primal buff...

hmm a point i forgot to consider, the multiplier is indeed ofcourse much smaller on the weak one of the toons 2 defences (phys for AAs, mag for HAs) so there it is more effective to use these skills than when trying to attack toons in their strong element.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lawl there is no such thing as everyone is r9r3+12 jades S cards = balance

I've got this this sort of gears with an S set and i get solid 10-12k+ from assassins with mix of S and A cards, while my hps are 18k, while i hit the same sin back 4-5k tops

lets say some classes can oneshot other classes @ r9r3+12 jades s cards, some others can't

one my friend playing a +12 archer etch, got a 33k on his full buffs + base buffs from same sin

#balancedmuch

as i said in several previous threads, defense passives skills + some primal class skills completely broke the pvp balance, granting to certain classes unmatchable sustain and damage dealing capabilities, while some other debuffs based classes\autoatk based got rekt

imho defense passive skills should be removed for good
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
    edited September 2014
    lawl there is no such thing as everyone is r9r3+12 jades S cards = balance

I've got this this sort of gears with an S set and i get solid 10-12k+ from assassins with mix of S and A cards, while my hps are 18k, while i hit the same sin back 4-5k tops

lets say some classes can oneshot other classes @ r9r3+12 jades s cards, some others can't

one my friend playing a +12 archer etch, got a 33k on his full buffs + base buffs from same sin

#balancedmuch

as i said in several previous threads, defense passives skills + some primal class skills completely broke the pvp balance, granting to certain classes unmatchable sustain and damage dealing capabilities, while some other debuffs based classes\autoatk based got rekt

imho defense passive skills should be removed for good

Well known liar, and fish hater (probably vegan hue). Ignore him.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Well known liar, and fish hater (probably vegan hue). Ignore him.

yea i surely am Mr:

I one shot:

A r9rr+7 barb (vit build)
    A r9rr+10 psy
    A r9rr +11 psy with some jades and NW ornies in white voodoo (with irnowood proc) knifethrow for 26k
    A r9rr+10 mystic
    A r9r+10 jaded cleric
    A r9rr+10 seeker
    A r9rr+10 archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Working as designed Hot. Sins are LA classes which have decent arcane defense. Prime targets for pure arcane nukers are BMs, Seekers, HA Venos and Barbs. And I bet you do a crapton more on those then 5K.

Sins are melee DD without endurance. Best way to beat them is physical damage, and plenty of it. Sins excel at taking out arcane classes, so ye, you're at a disadvantage against that class.

Kinda wondering if the introduction of Spirit has made JOSDing on arcane armor less effective. If spirit and deflvls don't stack properly, using physresist shards might actually be more effective on arcanes. But I don't have the numbers and forumlae to back up that assumption.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Working as designed Hot. Sins are LA classes which have decent arcane defense. Prime targets for pure arcane nukers are BMs, Seekers, HA Venos and Barbs. And I bet you do a crapton more on those then 5K.

Sins are melee DD without endurance. Best way to beat them is physical damage, and plenty of it. Sins excel at taking out arcane classes, so ye, you're at a disadvantage against that class.

Kinda wondering if the introduction of Spirit has made JOSDing on arcane armor less effective. If spirit and deflvls don't stack properly, using physresist shards might actually be more effective on arcanes. But I don't have the numbers and forumlae to back up that assumption.

hmm i think the other way around,

thanks to cards and def passives almost all classes (at endgame) can go really close to phys res cap w\o needing phys res shards...

the problem is that those assassins increased base damage thanks to reawakening+cards+their passive amps+skill multipliers made their damage go insane even if they are attacking a 91% phys damage reduction toon like mine

yes i do hit way harder on seekers and barbs (unfortunately i don't on bms cause of marrow buff hoarded with def passives and eventually cleric buffs they have a pretty huge resistance to "debuffed" elemental damage such as wizard damage

but we cant really call balanced a game where one class (wizard) can possibly win on 2-3 different classes as enemy (archers and seekers, hard bout with barbs)

while some other classes like demon veno that can potentially win on anyone besides sin or barb

or sins can take their chances against any other class (and for take their chances they are supposed to win)
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited September 2014
    hmm i think the other way around,

thanks to cards and def passives almost all classes (at endgame) can go really close to phys res cap w\o needing phys res shards...

the problem is that those assassins increased base damage thanks to reawakening+cards+their passive amps+skill multipliers made their damage go insane even if they are attacking a 91% phys damage reduction toon like mine

yes i do hit way harder on seekers and barbs (unfortunately i don't on bms cause of marrow buff hoarded with def passives and eventually cleric buffs they have a pretty huge resistance to "debuffed" elemental damage such as wizard damage

but we cant really call balanced a game where one class (wizard) can possibly win on 2-3 different classes as enemy (archers and seekers, hard bout with barbs)

while some other classes like demon veno that can potentially win on anyone besides sin or barb

or sins can take their chances against any other class (and for take their chances they are supposed to win)

Sins actually have a hard time with venoes as they are a hard counter....literally.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Sins actually have a hard time with venoes as they are a hard counter....literally.

hard counters to assassins? mh ok yea, maybe you forgot that tidal and deaden nerves are hard counters to ironwood-antinomy combo

they should really introduce a toxicity rating on the forums, which scale goes from 0 to DionDagger

you are deftly at DionDagger value
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited September 2014
    hard counters to assassins? mh ok yea, maybe you forgot that tidal and deaden nerves are hard counters to ironwood-antinomy combo

they should really introduce a toxicity rating on the forums, which scale goes from 0 to DionDagger

you are deftly at DionDagger value

Yea except for when tidal doesn't actually block ironwood. Ever heard of Bramble, Bramble hood, Blazing barrier, Metabolic boost, Fox form, and last but not least Fossilized curse. The first 3, basically say gtfo to any pure melee/physical DD's, which is exactly what sins are. As if ironwood/antimony are the only combo's a veno can make? Lel. You barely can play your wizard effectively from what I have seen, yet you wanna dole out lessons on venomancers. Next time you wanna argue from ignorance, at least try to sound like you know what you are talking about.

Nice try tho with personal attacks, however you have been put in your place several times with hard facts.b:chuckleThe only thing toxic here, is you're crying sense of denial.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Someone asked an interesting question just now, Regardless of How you got the gear, It cost Money. Big money. the question is, Why spend so much Real life money(well into the Thousands) or "In-game-coins" on Rank 9 gear Just to have a BigGer badder spending and charger to One shot you? All of your hard work and sweat that went into getting that gear, Is shattered, Summed up into One shot from a cash shopper who spent More. How does that make you feel? Whats the purpose? Why get R9 gear if it's not gonna be +12? tHE Bigger cashshopper with the +12 will easily Kill you. No matter How much Skill you have,You cant survive a +12 magic wep from ie: a Pysic or a wizard. With a press of a button a Cash shopper Wins.He could have been playing for a year at the Most, and he destroys you within a matter of seconds, You who has been playing 5-6 years+ So why even get R9 in the first place if its not +12 with defense lvl shard in all slots?

Also, i personally have 0 characters with Rank 9. Im asking this for someone with R9 +5 immacs shards, point of view. How does it make you feel? To spend so much and be brushed aside like a mistake on a food order? b:laugh

I spent 0 Cash on the server I play on. I'm full +11, weap and orns +12 and got my EU-Card-Set nearly done (1 card missing, then ima be the strongest player on the server). So you see, I can't relate to that.

I'm the strongest purely farmed person on my server and maybe one of the strongest (if not the strongest, note: not including merching as I FARMED everything, e.g. farming tt, selling mats, aso).

Would I spent that massive amount of time again? Nope, in no way. But I did and I only need that one card and I'm done with that char.

After that I will roll an endgame Moon Fairy once the expansion is released. F2P ofc.

It's all about effort again. If you wanna achieve something then you clearly can achieve that particular thing cept if it is physically impossible.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    I spent 0 Cash on the server I play on. I'm full +11, weap and orns +12 and got my EU-Card-Set nearly done (1 card missing, then ima be the strongest player on the server). So you see, I can't relate to that.

I'm the strongest purely farmed person on my server and maybe one of the strongest (if not the strongest, note: not including merching as I FARMED everything, e.g. farming tt, selling mats, aso).

Would I spent that massive amount of time again? Nope, in no way. But I did and I only need that one card and I'm done with that char.

After that I will roll an endgame Moon Fairy once the expansion is released. F2P ofc.

It's all about effort again. If you wanna achieve something then you clearly can achieve that particular thing cept if it is physically impossible.

mate if you reroll moon fairy you will regret barb, and youll see what does it mean to get chain-paralyzed xD

i really don't understand all this hype in moon fairy class, when they have no significant nukes, no significant debuffs\amps, no significant phys resistance buffs

all their mobility and casting advantage goes down with any single simple crowd control skill

so far we have seen just the low level PvE aspect of this class, how can someone consider a reroll just on this basis, considering also that you are very PvP oriented...
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mate if you reroll moon fairy you will regret barb, and youll see what does it mean to get chain-paralyzed xD

i really don't understand all this hype in moon fairy class, when they have no significant nukes, no significant debuffs\amps, no significant phys resistance buffs

all their mobility and casting advantage goes down with any single simple crowd control skill

so far we have seen just the low level PvE aspect of this class, how can someone consider a reroll just on this basis, considering also that you are very PvP oriented...

It's simple actually. I always wanted to roll a caster on our server but I focused on my barb so far and I can go for it now pretty much. So why not roll the new caster?

Ya from what we all know til now is that the moon fairy does not have any major dmg amp in any way. True. But their mobility makes her the biggest trolling class and possibly an amazing supporter in TW. Sure. I'm used to playing mainly wizards, venos and especially clerics...but xad I always wanted to annoy the **** outta ppl xD

On another note: we all know our belo ed devs (Arch) and what they did with the primal skills. I have high hopes/trust in them that we will see some OP amps/debuffs on the sage/demon skills or at least the primal ones (:

If that class gets anything like a 50% dmg amp in any way it'll be extremely OP.

And just look at the servers we have and what you have to do to catch ppl that are actually running away from you as a melee...hell even caster won't be able to catch that class. Even if the fairys skills lag and the animation gets delayed a sec or 2 then they will still move...they won't just stand still and be lagged back. That's another major reason why I chose that class. Just imagine that beast with endgame gears carrying the flag in NW...wtf...sure if ur paralyzed firever and such it wont make a huge difference but you can otherwise just kill all "lowbies" that could possibly also stun/paralyze you and you dont even have to stop walking...thats huge.

Well...guess that class will be best in group PvP situations. My ticket to get out of that 1on1 craze for once xD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476