PWI Eclipse Expansion Preview, launching 12/16

Comments

• DaSquirrel - Sanctuary
    DaSquirrel - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A Big thank you Asterelle, appreciated b:thanks.
  • KiillerWolf - Dreamweaver
    KiillerWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    very well organized, I was able to view everything w/o getting lost. Good Job.
  • Ruby_Inferno - Harshlands
    Ruby_Inferno - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here's the thing...

"Shadow Legend III" is just the latest Angelica engine. Wanmei doesn't own any other in-house engines besides Angelica, and they bought the right to that specific engine wayyyy back in 03 or 04? This graphics update, or "new game" (I think it's fairly comical that they are calling it Perfect World 2), isn't really a graphics update. Most of the game will render the same and be untouched. Furthermore, the new areas are about the same in terms of graphics as Morai, Primal, and all EG lands.

There was a video I saw earlier by Mel, who showed off Arch and how it looks identical to the current Arch we have in our version. This means that pretty much nothing significant was changed in the older areas of the game.

The new area(s) introduced (including the new race) look great, but there isn't much of a change in the overall graphics department. I'm sure the client still runs like garbage, too. By "garbage", I'm referring to memory leaks making it hit 1.5-2GB of RAM, bug reports/crashes all the time, and rendering via CPU more than GPU resulting in poor FPS even on high-end gaming rigs. No multi-threading, no multi-core support, and poor optimization for newer PCs.

It's unfortunate, but Wanmei wants to keep the game engine rather outdated instead of overhauling it entirely.

I see, I get it now, the optimization of this game is very "weird" because even on my Core i7 3770K with each processor @3.5Ghz + my GTX 680, it still lags when there's a lot going on, even if it uses only a single processor out of the 4 physical cores, it should be blown away but its not even close..lol.. which makes no sense at all considering how simple the graphics of this game are....anyway, I don't really care about that as much as I did for the changes to skills of the existing classes...
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I don't see how that's relevant here. We're not calling it that, Wanmei is.
    And its not that hard to connect the dots from this version to why they call this expansion PW2.
    This is the 1st f2p version of PW, which as far as I know, they have not called PWII for a very long time, if ever. Which even if they had, this expansion is big enough that they consider it v2 of the f2p - making it PW2.

BTW - Thank you Asterelle for this thread. The other was so hard to find info in, this is fantastic :)

They call it that from time to time. I remember them doing it the last time they added new classes as well, well at least IIRC.

Anyway, dunno if I missed this but does anyone know if the attendance rewards have been added yet?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/39958
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/39959

It should theoretically be a quest reward from this NPC
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/npc/35618

If that at all helps.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Kuroimist - Archosaur
    Kuroimist - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    b:laugh Great job with this thread!
    Too lazy to make a signature!
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I get this error when I try logging in (after patching). Any ideas?
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    is there any news regarding the faction base?
    for example:

-new base structures?
    -new items in wings?
    -increased maximum base level?
    -any adjustments to the ludicrously skewed pricing of some items?
    -any updates on trials?
    -any new trials rewards?

b:thanks

ps
    the list-tag on forums ain't working :P
  • mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Comparison of R8rr vs R8r

So it looks like can now get a possible 30 def/att lvls?
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    attackerv wrote: »
    we really appreciate Asterelle's hard work.

He made a better thread, like always

I would like to make my new contribution based on his thread instead my old one.

If really need close, plz close my thread.

b:thanks
    Why so much **** kissing? lol i'll admit you were a little hard to understand But it's not like Your source and this user's sources are going to be any different. It's also not like Rummors and ideas wont spread on this thread here, It's pretty much the same thread as your's. Is just my observation anyways.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    well dang it I liked grinding for DQs to make my coin. b:sad Been using this as my coin source sense I started playing this game gonna be annoying having to find a different source now. Guess I gotta actually party with people now to make my coin *sigh* I hate people.b:surrender
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited September 2014
    anwynd wrote: »
    well dang it I liked grinding for DQs to make my coin. b:sad Been using this as my coin source sense I started playing this game gonna be annoying having to find a different source now. Guess I gotta actually party with people now to make my coin *sigh* I hate people.b:surrender
    I consider it like this. No more annoying Bots. I would have litterly done ANYTHING at all for that. Users who claim to have a Nobel and justified cause to Botting to "mak a litle xtra coin" Are probably the ones with 10+ going at any giving time. Death to Botting.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    R U serious b:angry

whats gonna happen to the current ones smuggled in D;

Should have given the catshops the free profundity scrolls given in the anniversary code last week.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • anwynd
    edited September 2014
    I consider it like this. No more annoying Bots. I would have litterly done ANYTHING at all for that. Users who claim to have a Nobel and justified cause to Botting to "mak a litle xtra coin" Are probably the ones with 10+ going at any giving time. Death to Botting.

why do you quote me when talking about bots? The only time I even used that bot thingy was in place of origination or what ever ya call it because I wanted to collect one of each of the flyers and those 2 pets.
    I am at my pc actively playing well I grind for my DQ and I have been doing it for almost 6 years now as I always have thank you very much.
    I just don't like the new crowd of people that have started playing this game the last few years so I like to avoid them as much as possible.
    Plus seeing how many mobs you can pull and kill before you die can be very fun and surprising if you manage to survive. I have actually learned quite a few useful ways to use the skills messing around well making my coin.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited September 2014

For what purpose is that sin skill 'spoils of war' going to be if the DQ they are jacking from people is going to be worthless? That is my question.

• mechabeastmc666
    edited September 2014
    why do you quote me when talking about bots? The only time I even used that bot thingy was in place of origination or what ever ya call it because I wanted to collect one of each of the flyers and those 2 pets.
    I am at my pc actively playing well I grind for my DQ and I have been doing it for almost 6 years now as I always have thank you very much.
    I just don't like the new crowd of people that have started playing this game the last few years so I like to avoid them as much as possible.
    Plus seeing how many mobs you can pull and kill before you die can be very fun and surprising if you manage to survive. I have actually learned quite a few useful ways to use the skills messing around well making my coin.
    PaRdon me my good sir.

@jadsia

its a story type thing. ya know, a real assassin feel to the class. You can pretend like it's a bounty of money. also not everyone who the sin uses that skill on isn't even ganrenteed to have 81+DQ on them.
  • anwynd
    edited September 2014
    For what purpose is that sin skill 'spoils of war' going to be if the DQ they are jacking from people is going to be worthless? That is my question.

people actually use that lol I just got it because I wanted to have every single skill. Also I never got why they got a skill like that they are assassins not thieves lol.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They call it that from time to time. I remember them doing it the last time they added new classes as well, well at least IIRC.

Anyway, dunno if I missed this but does anyone know if the attendance rewards have been added yet?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/39958
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/39959

It should theoretically be a quest reward from this NPC
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/npc/35618

If that at all helps.
    They mentioned they were going to add a yearly award but I don't think it's happened yet, at least I couldn't see any new quests that use that annual item.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014

Eh. It was basically a way to not give sins a useful skill that update anyways. Over there it could combat bots some via making them drop DQs. Over here it was basically useless from the start.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    PaRdon me my good sir.

@jadsia

its a story type thing. ya know, a real assassin feel to the class. You can pretend like it's a bounty of money. also not everyone who the sin uses that skill on isn't even ganrenteed to have 81+DQ on them.

It's never been a feel good skill on a PvP server during a 2x drops. Sins farm dq off bots here regular like before the dq system was abolished. Then they farmed bots to make coin after that. Point is they were using that skill for a purpose. now it will be useless to them as swimming mastery is to venos who learned that ages agio.

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014

They mentioned they were going to add a yearly award but I don't think it's happened yet, at least I couldn't see any new quests that use that annual item.

*sigh* That's what I thought. Thanks for checking.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am beyond excited for the Moon Fairies, I have begun farming badges and mogs and rep so I can immediately be r9 >_> b:surrender #DontjudgemeIwannabeproestfairy
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so i guess the only way to make coins is to charge $$$$ now....
  • _Thoren_ - Harshlands
    _Thoren_ - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so i guess the only way to make coins is to charge $$$$ now....

This...I'm rather concerned about the dq all being nerfed to 1 coin each. DQ has been my bread and butter in the game since i started playing. So I guess it's just rely on random bh rewards and coin drops? b:angry
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They should yea add at least 2 spaces to the character menu with this expansion since few people might create both characters on same account
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This...I'm rather concerned about the dq all being nerfed to 1 coin each. DQ has been my bread and butter in the game since i started playing. So I guess it's just rely on random bh rewards and coin drops? b:angry

So DQ items is completely worthless now, no coin value and no DQ points, why wanmei didnt just remove them from game entirely?
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So DQ items is completely worthless now, no coin value and no DQ points, why wanmei didnt just remove them from game entirely?

Because it's a hell of a lot easier to make an item worthless than it is to remove all references to it.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Because it's a hell of a lot easier to make an item worthless than it is to remove all references to it.

Indeed, removing all DQ might lead to lots of quests needing a rework, and that is a hard job... DQ can still be useful for questin just like they always were, just now you can't sell the exceed for coins, too bad.

Tbh after seeing the amount of bots (and I have some myself...) running around, even if we kill them usually... It's not a bad idea. Got over 100h just with 1h pking bots, and a guildie right 1h after me got another dozen of bots alive... I'd rather stick to TT as I've always done anyway.

Only problem is that TT will have an ending, once people starts to have nv3+ gear TT will become nearly worthless, so we need people to keep using them. New classes will help... but it's a dying path to money making anyway, one day... We will simply not be able sell the drops anymore.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Dam so more chars to make....and be undergeared......b:sad

How long will it take to get a new char to 100 do you think now with FC hypers disabled?
  • meranya
    meranya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ... Am I the only one who thinks the new race's flyers are hilarious and kind of goofy looking?
    b:surrender
    "There are two things you cannot always reason with in this world - your own mind and the minds of other people. But you can try."
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think they are based on Chinese mythology/lore..but they still look kind of silly.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
This discussion has been closed.