Sep. 24, pw2 will be released in CN (official news), updating

Comments

• Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Meditation and Transformation of the LA class.

It doesn't look rushed to me at all. Maybe because it's only a screenshot but it's quite detailed ingame. (also on low textures/2nd worst graphics cause CN servers are already laggy as it is)
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That transformation...talking about horny mode b:chuckle
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I'm actually looking forward to them a bit more now since I know that unedited screenshots don't really come close to the detail you can see ingame unless you're very good with taking screens and have settings maxed out and so on.

New LA goes black while AA goes blue. I wonder if there's gonna be any lore to point out the difference.

... Then again, PWI lore is weird anyways especially compared to what's on CN.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Meditation and Transformation of the LA class.

It doesn't look rushed to me at all. Maybe because it's only a screenshot but it's quite detailed ingame. (also on low textures/2nd worst graphics cause CN servers are already laggy as it is)

I really, really hope so. I am not a fan of flowy splashy looks that lack details and solid textures.
    I do like the black transformation and meditation the LA class gets better.
    The flier is ummm a bunch of balls the players levitates on.... all righty then, seems interesting, although the violet ones are a bit underwhelming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    I really, really hope so. I am not a fan of flowy splashy looks that lack details and solid textures.
    I do like the black transformation and meditation the LA class gets better.
    The flier is ummm a bunch of balls the players levitates on.... all righty then, seems interesting, although the violet ones are a bit underwhelming.

The "horny" race has "balls" that they "ride".

Maybe... just maybe... the new race is a dev injoke like the various phallic rock formations on the map.
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »

Maybe... just maybe... the new race is a dev injoke like the various phallic rock formations on the map.

We can't joke about the stereotype of asians and phallic ehm "range" as excuse for this race right?

LA while flying forward and a tailview for our "hornies" (like bronies)

Transformation is a skill btw, not a permanent form like veno/barbs have, it's 20sec orso with 90sec CD
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Now it just misses tentacles
    ...oh wait that's japan, my bad.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ^ who gives a *** about the new classes are the gfx and combat being revamped? if not then it's just another tideborn/earthguard expansion.
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    =====09/17 updated==========

some players of pwcn reported all dragon items prices are 1 now

so...botting mission will end up when pw2 come

I will report if any more news

b:chuckle
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Judging by this video, I'd say that while the new areas, skills, UI, and classes look great -- this overhaul of the graphics and changing the way combat works seems non-existent. It's hard to say if the older areas have been changed, but graphically speaking, it's equal to EG lands, Morai, Primal, and all instances that have come out since EG. There's nothing really "special" about this, so I think it's fairly hilarious that Wanmei is dubbing this "Perfect World 2".

The idea of having a second iteration of the game (even though it's the same game...), is to change so much stuff that it would warrant either a new IP or a title change (sequel). In either case, if that's how Wanmei wants to play, then this should be Perfect World 4? Each time a new race comes out and we change up the UI, should it be a new "Perfect World"? Obviously not, which is why it's pretty hilarious. Wanmei's marketing team has always jumped on buzz words to get invigoration into their franchise(s).
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    attackerv wrote: »

oooooh shiaaaaaat the rage on the forums here when this lands in our version is going to be huge...

*prepares buckets of popcorn and empty buckets for delicious mad player tears*
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    that's good news tbh
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Guess that's it for DQ farming.
    oooooh shiaaaaaat the rage on the forums here when this lands in our version is going to be huge...

*prepares buckets of popcorn and empty buckets for delicious mad player tears*

dis gon b gud
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2014

JJ quest for every lvl?b:laugh
    Judging by this video, I'd say that while the new areas, skills, UI, and classes look great -- this overhaul of the graphics and changing the way combat works seems non-existent. It's hard to say if the older areas have been changed, but graphically speaking, it's equal to EG lands, Morai, Primal, and all instances that have come out since EG. There's nothing really "special" about this, so I think it's fairly hilarious that Wanmei is dubbing this "Perfect World 2".

The idea of having a second iteration of the game (even though it's the same game...), is to change so much stuff that it would warrant either a new IP or a title change (sequel). In either case, if that's how Wanmei wants to play, then this should be Perfect World 4? Each time a new race comes out and we change up the UI, should it be a new "Perfect World"? Obviously not, which is why it's pretty hilarious. Wanmei's marketing team has always jumped on buzz words to get invigoration into their franchise(s).

I am sure they named it "2" because they are trying to attract more people, yet it is the same thing.
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014

Who wants to join me in the secure underground bunker? We'll have popcorn, drinks, and a live satellite feed of the ****storm in all its glory!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Some quick points for now:
    The Warsoul Recast Recast (3rd stage warsoul) is very similar to our normal 2nd stage warsoul but it always comes with 65 attack level.
    The Rank 8 Recast Recast (3rd stage again) is similar to Rank 8 recast but has slightly better base stats and better adds, like the weapon can get +15~+30 defense levels instead of +10~+25. The stat adds are +12~+20 dex instead of +8~+20. I didn't see any new weapon procs.

I'll go more into this later but our current endgame seems intact.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
    edited September 2014
    The Warsoul Recast Recast (3rd stage warsoul) is very similar to our normal 2nd stage warsoul but it always comes with 65 attack level.
    The Rank 8 Recast Recast (3rd stage again) is similar to Rank 8 recast but has slightly better base stats and better adds, like the weapon can get +15~+30 defense levels instead of +10~+25. The stat adds are +12~+20 dex instead of +8~+20. I didn't see any new weapon procs.

Well that's a bit saddening.
    What about the Morai armor upgrades, anything on that front?
    I know we saw screenshots of new armor sets, any clue if that's a new skin for a recast armor or something new altogether?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Thank you my precious Asterelle. We can always count on you ^.^

The weaps itself seem to be a let down...but we gotta wait for chances and all. I so wanna have a 40 Def lvl weap tho :P

AND YAYs to DQ being 1 coin each.

InB4 rage...all those "I wanna afk and get my gears for doing nothing"-people can go to hell anyways. PWE doesn't earn money with them and they destroy the ingame economy. So anyone that rages about this can simply quit and shut it. There have always been means to get your gears Free2Play with a bit of effort put. If you don't wanna put it, simply leave and shut your trollhole.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    Well that's a bit saddening.
    What about the Morai armor upgrades, anything on that front?
    I know we saw screenshots of new armor sets, any clue if that's a new skin for a recast armor or something new altogether?

Odds are they're class exclusive rank gear like what tideborn/earthguard have.

That's just my initial guess thrown out at first thought, though.
  • Kymraja - Raging Tide
    Kymraja - Raging Tide Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    -joins the secure underground bunker-
    i'll bring some Belgian beer
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited September 2014
    AND YAYs to DQ being 1 coin each.

InB4 rage...all those "I wanna afk and get my gears for doing nothing"-people can go to hell anyways. PWE doesn't earn money with them and they destroy the ingame economy. So anyone that rages about this can simply quit and shut it. There have always been means to get your gears Free2Play with a bit of effort put. If you don't wanna put it, simply leave and shut your trollhole.

Botting DQ items is as bad as merchanting, which ruins the economy even worse: they only removed 1 of the 2 problems. Merchers are still the laziest "afking till I got my gears" that ruin the economy at the same time.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    we need skills descriptions of new classes to be filled with numbers :S

i am concerned about that LA skill that doubles auto atk damage,

inb4 5 aps "Hazy" viable
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    Botting DQ items is as bad as merchanting, which ruins the economy even worse: they only removed 1 of the 2 problems. Merchers are still the laziest "afking till I got my gears" that ruin the economy at the same time.
    Without people merching (and thus, circulating both coins AND goods) there'd be no economy to begin with.

There's a huge difference between circulation of money (which is what drives a healthy economy, fyi) and injection (which is what kills a healthy economy when left unchecked and is what botting does).
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here are the full weapon comparisons. The new warsoul is decent but I don't really see anything game changing.

Comparison of the 2 new Warsoul Weapons
    R8rr vs R8r
    Morai G15 recast vs Morai G15
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
    edited September 2014
    Odds are they're class exclusive rank gear like what tideborn/earthguard have.

That's just my initial guess thrown out at first thought, though.

Oh, but I'm talking about these:

http://blog-imgs-60.fc2.com/r/u/s/rustrust/BxG_W4-CEAAjuYg.jpg

http://blog-imgs-60.fc2.com/r/u/s/rustrust/BxG-ZfHCQAE18eL.jpg

http://blog-imgs-60.fc2.com/r/u/s/rustrust/BxG8xswCYAAdc_6.jpg

There seems to be sets for all the classes.

EDIT: Oh wow thanks so much for the info Asterelle, looks interesting for now, curious indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here are the full weapon comparisons. The new warsoul is decent but I don't really see anything game changing.

Comparison of the 2 new Warsoul Weapons
    R8rr vs R8r
    Morai G15 recast vs Morai G15

The warsoul seems to require this mat to make which is not in our NW forges (you can see it requires supply tokens or 12 best lucks to make.) So maybe we won't see this. But even so, doesn't matter much.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Without people merching (and thus, circulating both coins AND goods) there'd be no economy to begin with.

There's a huge difference between circulation of money (which is what drives a healthy economy, fyi) and injection (which is what kills a healthy economy when left unchecked and is what botting does).

I'm all for a healthy circulation, but those aren't the merchers I'm talking about. I'm talking about for example 5 catshops that each buy Perf Tokens of Luck from each other every other day and up the price slightly from what they bought it for.
    Almost nobody else bought the tokens except those 5, and the price went from 22k to 37k in a matter of a week. Not because of rarity, not because of money spent (pretty much closed circuit), all simply because 5 of them rotate who has -all- the tokens.
    At the end of the week 3 or 4 catshops were completely empty, the 5th one had the full stack. If you'd combine the 5 catshops, the coins and items were almost equal to the week before, only now the price is 68% higher.
    (This is an example, just as reminder to others that this isn't 100% reality but a raw sketch of mercher activites)

People complain about how the economy is ruined due to high prices, merchers added a great part to that effect.

• MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Who wants to join me in the secure underground bunker? We'll have popcorn, drinks, and a live satellite feed of the ****storm in all its glory!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm all for a healthy circulation, but those aren't the merchers I'm talking about. I'm talking about for example 5 catshops that each buy Perf Tokens of Luck from each other every other day and up the price slightly from what they bought it for.
    Almost nobody else bought the tokens except those 5, and the price went from 22k to 37k in a matter of a week. Not because of rarity, not because of money spent (pretty much closed circuit), all simply because 5 of them rotate who has -all- the tokens.
    At the end of the week 3 or 4 catshops were completely empty, the 5th one had the full stack. If you'd combine the 5 catshops, the coins and items were almost equal to the week before, only now the price is 68% higher.
    (This is an example, just as reminder to others that this isn't 100% reality but a raw sketch of mercher activites)

People complain about how the economy is ruined due to high prices, merchers added a great part to that effect.

well monopolizing the market gives you this kind of advantages,

but it's also a risk to try monopolize a certain market if you can't possibly have the full control on the market itself...

let's say me and my friends see this token catshop thing going, and tomorrow we start doing the same but with 5k lower price range respect them,

those ones just got basically screwed and lost a lot of value...

also the example you brought it's basically what your ex-leader did past years using huge TW incomes to generate a coin surplus

absolutely clever\smart and yea economy-breaking but very very risky
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg