Advantage, Channeling while moving. What is it?

Options
mechabeastmc666
mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
It's not like my blademaster wont be able to catch the little Moon-fairy and stun it. What exactly am i missing here? Is there any advantages at all coming with the new races? i'd like to believe everything will still be Nice and even like it is today.
Post edited by mechabeastmc666 on

Comments

• Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    If you think about it:
    >Barbs maybe will have the hardest time getting closer to them, because they have nothing but move speed to deal with runners. They also have only 2 ranged skills (last time I checked).
    >Seekers have medium and long range skills, also a teleport skill, enought to deal with casters.
    >BMs have a lot of skills to close gaps and move faster, they would not have problems dealing with them.
    >Sins will be sins, there is nothing to say here.

I don't think it will be that OP against melee classes since they all have an kind of gap closer skill.
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited September 2014
    Options
    If you think about it:
    >Barbs maybe will have the hardest time getting closer to them, because they have nothing but move speed to deal with runners. They also have only 2 ranged skills (last time I checked).
    >Seekers have medium and long range skills, also a teleport skill, enought to deal with casters.
    >BMs have a lot of skills to close gaps and move faster, they would not have problems dealing with them.
    >Sins will be sins, there is nothing to say here.

I don't think it will be that OP against melee classes since they all have an kind of gap closer skill.
    true.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    If they wont have to stop casting in order to run, that seems like a huge thing to me. Probably there should be a downside to those new toons to balance that. More likely PWI knowing, they will first let them dominate for a while and then make an overreacted balancing attempt causing another imbalance etc. :p Good thing i wont be there to see it all.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    start channeling big skill from max range, move back while channeling to be further away, finish channeling/cast. so long as you don't move too far should be able to cast skills from farther then max range. would be very useful for tw.
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    start channeling big skill from max range, move back while channeling to be further away, finish channeling/cast. so long as you don't move too far should be able to cast skills from farther then max range. would be very useful for tw.

I doubt it works like that. Think of the same mechanics as say Death Link: exceed the max range and the skill stops. A channelingskill that continues into indefinite range because you can walk is broken to say the least.
  • Kendaichi - Dreamweaver
    Kendaichi - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    *snip*

*face palm at the bit about bm*

People still don't get it that bms use an insane amount of chi, all of their gap closers cost chi, furthermore, they can't tank damage like barbs can, ergo it is way too easy for a bm to die especially when there is a gear gap.

Whats more is that pesky *** purify proc is still running amok, having way too much potential to erase every stun/debuff a bm throws on a caster with the exception of the paralyze skill. (edit yes they have blade hurl... i am aware of that/this.)

Just giving the fact that they tend to die WAY easier than barbs do makes it harder to close gaps. Obviously bms do have gap closers, but they only have one skill that can be gotten to reduce damage, (EDIT: yes they have marrows, but they're such a bad double edged sword until end game, they're sometimes best left unused sadly) and it is so highly impractical (The full 50% damage reduction... three sparks to use TT) that it hardly gets used.

I have played a barb, and bm in the same exact gear, the barb I was able to close gaps FAR FAR more often than with the bm, even with using leaps, etc... because casters could just tab, and kill me well before I was in range to 'jump' to them, yes that had to do with gear differences, but it is also the HUGE weakness (debilitating) of the class, one of which I feel is absolutely unjustified especially in this day and age with so many things able to erase 90% of what a bm throws on casters/others.

---

I have to disagree, with that bit about it not being oped... but yea we will have to wait and see to be sure, but my first instinct is that it will be oped, especially since melees hit way less, and are FAR more susceptible to damage/actually being controlled. (Though as I said will have to wait and see for sure to make sure there aren't any little new nuances to be aware of/makes it come back to a manageable level.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    >Casting while moving (imagine if they get Purify Spell with this)

>Has a passive that outright reduces Melee Damage

>Access to two Elements (Water/Metal)

This class is going to be something else. As for the advantage, it would depend on their maximum range. If they're around ~30m, a skilled player can keep out of most arcane's shooting range while still casting safely by stepping back as their foes close in. The effect on Melee classes will vary, but it'd be funny to see one continue to CC a melee class while just sticking outside of their attack range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options

People still don't get it that bms use an insane amount of chi, all of their gap closers cost chi, furthermore, they can't tank damage like barbs can, ergo it is way too easy for a bm to die especially when there is a gear gap.

Whats more is that pesky *** purify proc is still running amok, having way too much potential to erase every stun/debuff a bm throws on a caster with the exception of the paralyze skill. (edit yes they have blade hurl... i am aware of that/this.)

Just giving the fact that they tend to die WAY easier than barbs do makes it harder to close gaps. Obviously bms do have gap closers, but they only have one skill that can be gotten to reduce damage, (EDIT: yes they have marrows, but they're such a bad double edged sword until end game, they're sometimes best left unused sadly) and it is so highly impractical (The full 50% damage reduction... three sparks to use TT) that it hardly gets used.

I have played a barb, and bm in the same exact gear, the barb I was able to close gaps FAR FAR more often than with the bm, even with using leaps, etc... because casters could just tab, and kill me well before I was in range to 'jump' to them, yes that had to do with gear differences, but it is also the HUGE weakness (debilitating) of the class, one of which I feel is absolutely unjustified especially in this day and age with so many things able to erase 90% of what a bm throws on casters/others.

---

I have to disagree, with that bit about it not being oped... but yea we will have to wait and see to be sure, but my first instinct is that it will be oped, especially since melees hit way less, and are FAR more susceptible to damage/actually being controlled. (Though as I said will have to wait and see for sure to make sure there aren't any little new nuances to be aware of/makes it come back to a manageable level.

Just giving the fact that they tend to die WAY easier than barbs do makes it harder to close gaps.

Standing barbs and BMs are pretty much the same thing really.
    In tiger barbs may be about 25% harder to kill, but then they cant really do **** in tiger. (Except invoke which yes makes him way harder to kill, but depletes his chi and slows him down so that he wont be that much of thread anymore)

Are you sure your barb and bm were equally geared and also equally statted ? Of course a vit barb is a lot harder to kill and he can close gaps, but who cares if he can close gaps, if he is not really anything to be feared. If you want to compare a BM to that, build yourself a vit BM.
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Just giving the fact that they tend to die WAY easier than barbs do makes it harder to close gaps.

Standing barbs and BMs are pretty much the same thing really.
    In tiger barbs may be about 25% harder to kill, but then they cant really do **** in tiger. (Except invoke which yes makes him way harder to kill, but depletes his chi and slows him down so that he wont be that much of thread anymore)

Are you sure your barb and bm were equally geared and also equally statted ? Of course a vit barb is a lot harder to kill and he can close gaps, but who cares if he can close gaps, if he is not really anything to be feared. If you want to compare a BM to that, build yourself a vit BM.

You are indeed correct about the barb being in the same boat more or less as a bm, albeit a barb does have cornered beast, etc, and are still pretty difficult to take down in human form.

--

As for the last bit.

Same gear? Yup.

Same stats? Nope, my bm had more vit than the barb, the barb is indeed far more tankier, and the way I play it, and thanks to its skills it allowed me a lot more lee way to get in to actually attack people.

Bm had 70 vit, barb had 5, still does/do... yes it has to do with their role in the game, but skills also help significantly especially in this age of gear gaps.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Does it say if the spell is cast from the distance the caster started from, or from where the caster finished casting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    You are indeed correct about the barb being in the same boat more or less as a bm, albeit a barb does have cornered beast, etc, and are still pretty difficult to take down in human form.

--

As for the last bit.

Same gear? Yup.

Same stats? Nope, my bm had more vit than the barb, the barb is indeed far more tankier, and the way I play it, and thanks to its skills it allowed me a lot more lee way to get in to actually attack people.

Bm had 70 vit, barb had 5, still does/do... yes it has to do with their role in the game, but skills also help significantly especially in this age of gear gaps.

Ye what i tried to say is. They are the same in that there are the same formulas for everything (tiny difference of 17 vs 15 hp per vit point) and nearly the same stats on their R9 (except for -int on the barb which is replaced by crit for the BM i believe) My buddy and i are equally equiped. Everything is very much the same too when standing. HPs, Pdef, Mdef, Def levels. All the same.

So its purely the skills. Barb has invoke, cornered and optionally solid shield.
    BM has jumps and marrows (godly 1v1, less impressive in mass PvP i imagine although id probably still walk around in magic marrow nearly all the time if i were a BM)

So yes, using skills, barbs can be tankier, i wont disagree with that. But considering them by default way harder to kill hmm not so.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

---

I am a fail BM, I am aware of BM's chi problemsb:laugh

Being serious, I know BMs have problems getting chi. Even getting 2 sparks to use HF during TW is pretty frustrating. However, I was talking about skills to close gaps, and they have 3 or 4, I cannot recall. Making them one of the most effective classes when it comes to movility.
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Ye what i tried to say is. They are the same in that there are the same formulas for everything (tiny difference of 17 vs 15 hp per vit point) and nearly the same stats on their R9 (except for -int on the barb which is replaced by crit for the BM i believe) My buddy and i are equally equiped. Everything is very much the same too when standing. HPs, Pdef, Mdef, Def levels. All the same.

So its purely the skills. Barb has invoke, cornered and optionally solid shield.
    BM has jumps and marrows (godly 1v1, less impressive in mass PvP i imagine although id probably still walk around in magic marrow nearly all the time if i were a BM)

So yes, using skills, barbs can be tankier, i wont disagree with that. But considering them by default way harder to kill hmm not so.

My experiences leads me to believe differently. :$ Aye it is very true that my experience may be wrong, but I do know what I saw while in the same gear... the barb to me has more survivability especially thanks to the invoke/other shields. It is also true it very much so depends on who is behind the barb, if they fail/don't use their shields then aye they are just as badly off as bms, hell they are even just as squishy in human form as you said, but they still have more options than bms do, the likely hood of a barb running up to someone in human form is quite improbable, I found it easy to just gain 50 chi after a death, invoke, and run back in, though yes also as you said barbs are indeed tankier... so of course it is easier to close gaps with them (edit: provided they use shields, and yes i am aware that their anti stun sucks badly/it can be quite easy to lock a barb down, but the same can easily be said of bms, especially with a bms use of/lack thereof chi to use their anti stun)/not to mention when a barb is on someone, they generally can be ignored, a bm on the other hand can not... but that fact there still doesn't change the fact that bms have an insane hill they have to climb before they can even attack. ;/
    I am a fail BM, I am aware of BM's chi problemsb:laugh

Being serious, I know BMs have problems getting chi. Even getting 2 sparks to use HF during TW is pretty frustrating. However, I was talking about skills to close gaps, and they have 3 or 4, I cannot recall. Making them one of the most effective classes when it comes to movility.

Aye they do have some nice mobility options on PAPER... but when it comes to 'practice' or mass pvp, it really isn't that easy for them to pull off especially when you factor in gear gap/how easy it is to kill a good chunk of them, how much chi each of them tend to take. (Though aye this is partly to do with their gear, their class is also at a heavy handicap especially when compared to other classes/the abilities they have to use at their disposal... sure each class has their fair share of weaknesses, but none no where near as debilitating as a bm's.)

EDIT 2: Sorry about the slight wall of texts. :$
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    .....What does all of this have to do with the implications behind the new class' ability?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    the likely hood of a barb running up to someone in human form is quite improbable

Actually not really. Since in tiger i can reach my target, then i can bite it but nothing else really, i need to be in human form to stun my target.

Sometimes i approach in tiger and then swap to human when i get near (which does take time even though it is an instant skill) but that doesnt work too flawless either. Most of the time i just stay human and hit holy path to obtain the effect of a jump skill where i can immeadiately stun when i reach my enemy.

Ok, it is not entirely true that i can do nothing in tiger. Actually one of our most powerfull skills is a tiger skill. Its a ranged skill that freezes the enemy for 8 seconds and does 200% damage. (for 1 spark) That of course is perfect for gap closing and sometimes i do use it for that. Most of the time however i dont want to use it like this, i prefer to use it as a finisher because of the 200% dmg. So i holy path to the enemy, stun him/her, then onslought for the crit bonus and then finish with this ancestral rage.
    edited September 2014
    Options
    .....What does all of this have to do with the implications behind the new class' ability?

Nothing :$ i'm just rambling, i'll kindly refrain from replying again... entirely too easy for topics to go slightly astray.

--

Back to topic:

Its all just speculation, but if my fears aren't dumbfounded... rip even more melee classes. (They're far too scarce as is.)
  • Djjiinn - Sanctuary
    Djjiinn - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    not rly sure how to react to this =/
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Well at least it will take a year before imbalance with new toons can really be judged. It will take that long to complete the nuemas and meridians :)
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I doubt it works like that.

most skills can be casted farther then their "max" range, the sin skill you mention is probably one of the few that doesn't (idk sin that well), ofc since its a new mechanic woulnd't really know how it works, but im certain you should be able to extend your range at least a little since you can already do that w/ current classes.
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The range doesnt seem like the very most important thing to me. More important it seems to me that when a mellee is coming for you and you need to run (for else you will at best be interupted, at worst be stuned and killed) Now running doesnt mean you have to stop casting and you can still hit his ***. (As far as what i expect from it, of course noone knows how it will really work)
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Can we first wait to see what the actual moving while casting actually is? It might be for only a skill or it might involve a blood sacrifice of a small child, we don't know yet, so could everyone please stop crying 'OP', 'unbalanced' and 'it'll break the game' with no basis?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Wheres the fun in that ? b:chuckle
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Can we first wait to see what the actual moving while casting actually is? It might be for only a skill or it might involve a blood sacrifice of a small child, we don't know yet, so could everyone please stop crying 'OP', 'unbalanced' and 'it'll break the game' with no basis?

Your request sounds far too logical and reasonable.

Therefore, it must be completely ignored in favor of mass panic and outrage! b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    This class will channel ridiculously OP skills whilst kiting you to the moon and back, hence the name Moon Fairy.

Can we get a 'pls nerf' thread rolling so we can mass QQ pre-emptively. kthx.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    This class will channel ridiculously OP skills whilst kiting you to the moon and back, hence the name Moon Fairy.

Can we get a 'pls nerf' thread rolling so we can mass QQ pre-emptively. kthx.

how do you kite a teleparalyze? :)
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I've been dreaming of channeling while moving ability since I started play this game (in fact, I was surprised we didn't have any while-moving attacks, but it was my first MMO, so I thought I wanted too much b:laugh). But for all classes, not just one b:lipcurl Imo, pvp would be way more fun with that. We have instantly casting skills which don't require to stop to use them, but they are only buffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Let's look at the bright side of using skills while moving: we can run through instances killing everything that moves and laughing like murderous maniacs. b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Let's look at the bright side of using skills while moving: we can run through instances killing everything that moves and laughing like murderous maniacs. b:sin

This is different from what I already do, how?

Oh right. You're only counting the stuff that moves. I kill the stuff that doesn't move too. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Just saw the video of the Moon fairy thang, For their sake i hope they have some longer range skills because if they really have to get that close to cast it on a target, They gonna need some healing Asap. Unless the target is a lvl 1 un-aggressive mob. But Im 100% convinced that PWI has thought that though, they have been alive for over 7 years+ after all, and in the higher lvls there will be longer ranged skills. Everything is falling together nicely. Cant wait for the new update!
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    It's not like my blademaster wont be able to catch the little Moon-fairy and stun it. What exactly am i missing here? Is there any advantages at all coming with the new races? i'd like to believe everything will still be Nice and even like it is today.

On another game I played, we had an option to turn on casting while moving - but only if the skill allowed it. Maybe it's this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008