3D rendering models?

SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Off-Topic Discussion
Is there any or any chance on obtaining 3D character models for rendering software such as daz3d? i would love to be able to make my own "screens" similar to the loadscreens but of my own char
Post edited by SugarPrinces - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Finra - Sanctuary
    Finra - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Don't get what you mean but;

atm at uni (college) we're using Unity 3D and Maya to make the environments and the models. You could start from them as they are quite easy to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    There are two ways I know of to go about it.

The "questionable" method involves what I'd call "render-capture" software that basically takes a 3D screencap of whatever's being displayed, and imports it in its entirety into the 3D program you're using (or which one it was made for, I'm not too familiar with this process).

The "naughty" method involves unpacking the models.pck file in your elements folder (and any others that might be required), and importing the .ski into Blender. To my knowledge, only Blender has import plugins available for the .ski format PW uses.

Either might work, and both will have some flaws, since as per the TOS, it's not cool to meddle with the game files. Knowing the road, and driving on it are two different things, mind you. If you want to make loadscreen-type images, the method I recommend is to take a screencap of your character (just a regular ol' screenshot) and spice/splice with photoshop until you achieve the desired result. No muss, no fuss, and no TOS violations.
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ive done the screenshot idea, just wasnt too happy with the detail level of the fingers etc and a friend got me started playin around with a 3d modeler program and it gave me the idea, but actually extracting or capturing is both too much work and as you mentioned likely against the TOS and i LOVE this game so i'm not gonna mess up my account lol so i'll stick with the screenshotting and shooping.. maybe the game designers will add a nice "bluescreen" area somewhere in game we can play around at, or something kinda like the "photo op" signs scattered around Ethersaga
  • aandbrendering
    aandbrendering Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you want to create 3D game then you can use software's like Blender,3Ds Max,MAYA..ETC. And create 3D models,texturing and lighting using these software's

For creating 3D objects you can use 2D graphics images as a reference but you have to create 3D objects by your own.There is no such software which would convert 2D images into 3D models.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you want to create 3D game then you can use software's like Blender,3Ds Max,MAYA..ETC. And create

3D models

,texturing and lighting using these software's

For creating 3D objects you can use 2D graphics images as a reference but you have to create 3D objects by your own.There is no such software which would convert 2D images into 3D models.
    This looks like a NECRO!

aandbrendering replied to a message that was 4 years 2 months 16 days 4 hours 57 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• aandbrendering
    aandbrendering Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ive done the screenshot idea, just wasnt too happy with the detail level of the fingers etc and a friend got me started playin around with a 3d modeler program and it gave me the idea, but actually extracting or capturing is both too much work and as you mentioned likely against the TOS and i LOVE this game so i'm not gonna mess up my account lol so i'll stick with the screenshotting and shooping.. maybe the game designers will add a nice "bluescreen" area somewhere in game we can play around at, or something kinda like the "photo op" signs scattered around Ethersaga
    This looks like a NECRO!

aandbrendering replied to a message that was 4 years 2 months 16 days 4 hours 57 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)

Sorry i did not had a look at the date,if you want you can delete my comment.I was just curious to know what exactly is needed.