Cbean - Harshlands Posts: 136 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
How do I do this?
Do i get rid of arc?
Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cbean [cbean]
noun (see-bee-n)
1. the shortened term for coffee beans, or the technical term for a group of them
2. an energetic lively individual
3. slowest active lvler in the history of PWI
also, more to make myself feel better than anything else, I would like to point out that I am lvl 70
Post edited by Cbean - Harshlands on

Comments

• bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    FIRST - Start Arc and log on first account and toon.
    SECOND - Find 'elementclient.exe in you PW folder and start it.
    Third - This will bring up a second log in screen where you log into a different account and start playing a second toon.

PWI policy says only two accounts are allowed per person, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
  • Cbean - Harshlands
    Cbean - Harshlands Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks
    Also, I doubt my machine can run more than two without imploding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    cbean [cbean]
    noun (see-bee-n)
    1. the shortened term for coffee beans, or the technical term for a group of them
    2. an energetic lively individual
    3. slowest active lvler in the history of PWI
    also, more to make myself feel better than anything else, I would like to point out that I am lvl 70
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just to point this out.

If you have perfect world as a shortcut on your main screen, as I do...You can select it, and right click>Open it while you already have a screen open. Then press start and log into your second account as normal.

It's basically the same process as previously mentioned. For me, it just omits the search through the folders.

Hope that helps some.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also, you can do the desktop icon workaround.

1.- Create a copy the PWI launcher shortcut on desktop.
    2.- Right click on it, go to Properties and on target modify the path to match the following:

"X:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe" "startbypatcher"

The element client path should not be modified. Just add a space and "startbypatcher" word at the end. Make sure the quote ( " ) symbols are at the start and the end of both.

3.- Click Accept to save the changes and voila! no more need to log in into Arc to run PWI & multiclient made easy. b:victory

NOTE: I recommend keep both shortcuts, because you still need to run the patcher and log into Arc every time they update the server (i.e. Every wednesday & expansion updates).
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regardless - Harshlands
    Regardless - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Okay, so there are two ways to do this, both of which will really save you some time.

So, let's start with Method #1:

1. Locate your Perfect World International installation folder (usually) at C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en

If you do not have a Program Files x86 folder, the installation folder will be located in your Program Files folder, which I highly doubt, seeing as most (modern) computers have the folder

2. Navigate to your ''patcher'' folder, located in the root of your Perfect World International installation folder. Once you're there, you should see an executable file, called ''patcher.exe''. Right click this file, and select ''Create Shortcut''. If a message prompting you to create the shortcut on the desktop pops up, click OK.

3. Navigate to your desktop, locate the shortcut you just made, and right click it. From there, select Properties (all the way to the bottom) and you should see a line of text that's exactly the same as your Perfect World International installation folder, ending with ". At the end of this line, type in ''arc:1'' (example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe" arc:1)

4. Either rename the file to your liking, or leave it as it is, and just launch that shortcut whenever you want to play.

Method #2:

1. Repeat step 1, but once you're in the root of your installation folder, navigate to your ''element'' folder, and locate ''elementclient.exe''. Now repeat the last part of step 2, creating the shortcut.

2. Basically, you repeat step 3, but instead of typing in ''arc:1'' in the end, type in ''startbypatcher''. (example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe" startbypatcher)

3. Refer to step 4 above.

Congratulations, you're now all set up to multi client. Last note though, just to clearify..

Whenever the patcher needs to update (usually after the maintenance, either tuesdays or wednesdays) you launch PWI by launching the patcher.exe shortcut on your desktop. At other times, you simply launch PWI by launching the elementclient.exe shortcut on your desktop, simple as that. The lines you have just added at the end of your installation path, are 2 simple Arc bypasses, that allow you to launch PWI without launching Arc first.

Hope it helps,

Sincerely,

Regardless.