Play Styles

LostPoet - Dreamweaver
LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Since the removal of Hypering in FC, there has been a heated debate between people whether to bring it back or keep as is. A huge part of that is something that most people over look and that is play style. People are different, they find different things fun, learn in different ways, and have different choices.

So just because you like the story line why do I have to quest and do all the things you like to do if I find them boring.... b:surrender

Same thing, why do you have to spam FC, just because I think that the game is all about end game so I want to rush through the boring stuff, but you might enjoy the story and exploratory things of game. b:surrender

So vote for your style of play and comment and what you think should be ADDED
(not removed because there is no reason to force other to conform to your style of play. Especially if that game content already exists i.e. Hyper in FC.)
YOUTUBE:
youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
Post edited by LostPoet - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I believe that a bit of both can be accommodated to a degree, hence the popular decision in restricting FF to level 75/80/85+ (I'd also argue a cultivation barrier of Vacuity)

There are many things to do about the game. Many areas to visit, instances and events to complete, and daily routines to do. With an unrestricted FF, players can simply bypass everything, and that brings the popular problem of high level idiocy/poorly geared individuals, as well as turning lower areas and content into empty space that may as well not exist.

I believe that up to a certain point, the game and all the features that it has to offer should be taken advantage of instead of skipped for faster leveling; a level/cultivation barrier for FF would ensure that more than enough time is taken for players to learn the ins and outs of their class and skills as they acquire them, as well as the earlier parts of the game and how things work.

By the time they've reached the requisite to enter/run the instance, they' would've gotten into the 80s and have kept their cultivation/skills up, and quests begin to provide insufficient XP so that hyper runs to 100 in tandem with all their other dailies and activities becomes a norm for fast leveling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    I believe that a bit of both can be accommodated to a degree, hence the popular decision in restricting FF to level 75/80/85+ (I'd also argue a cultivation barrier of Vacuity)

There are many things to do about the game. Many areas to visit, instances and events to complete, and daily routines to do. With an unrestricted FF, players can simply bypass everything, and that brings the popular problem of high level idiocy/poorly geared individuals, as well as turning lower areas and content into empty space that may as well not exist.

I agree with this to a point. At lower level the quests are quite good at leveling. You do a handful, learn a bunch, explore a bunch and level relatively quickly. It's fairly quick to get to level 30 with simply questing which is nice. But eventually that falls off and so people look for other means of leveling. Especially at levels 75+ there aren't many quests that provide the adequate amount of experience to keep a decent leveling pace. And leveling 1 level, there aren't many more quests introduced that a player can do from that level to the next.

But if a player starts FCing and keeps FCing from 75-100 well they still have to do their cultivation because without that they can't learn the final stages of skills which are vital to the game. Aside from that, the quests from 75-100 don't really teach much anyways as you've already learned most of your skills and morai will teach you to do morai skills and after rebirth you'll learn to do use your new primal skills. And both of those stages have quests. at 95+ even I, who HATES quests, and I truly mean hate; did the morai quests because they are great experience and a huge valuable boost to leveling. Not mention that you also need them done to do EU and AEU which are also awesome for XP, especially since they are now BHs.

Also I mention this is another post, but I'll repeat a bit here:

I did tons of FCs from 75 -100 pretty much to level as fast as I could. But in doing so, the XP you gain becomes a smaller portion of your progress to the next level every time you level. So i looked for better and faster ways to FC and level. And in doing so i learned may thing including how powerful Tidal is again Bubble, Bishop, and Holeeen bosses. How to stack my windpush and holy path to get maximum spam-ability to pull better. How we could do FC with just 3 people at level 89 by syncing our skills to result in the most damage so we didn't have to split too much XP. With the environment (the FC instance) not changing, the only thing to focus on doing better was myself and my skills. I could do FC over and over again, trying different things, learning different combos and in so becoming a better player.

The skills, your class, and game mechanics aren't taught by quests or instances,
    but by yourself and your audacity to learn and improve your abilities!!
    Quests and instances don't make better players.
    Players make better players!
    YOUTUBE:

• SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I believe that up to a certain point, the game and all the features that it has to offer should be taken advantage of instead of skipped for faster leveling; a level/cultivation barrier for FF would ensure that more than enough time is taken for players to learn the ins and outs of their class and skills as they acquire them, as well as the earlier parts of the game and how things work.

By the time they've reached the requisite to enter/run the instance, they' would've gotten into the 80s and have kept their cultivation/skills up, and quests begin to provide insufficient XP so that hyper runs to 100 in tandem with all their other dailies and activities becomes a norm for fast leveling.

I agree. When I was a baby cleric, I enjoyed exploring, learning new areas, encountering new monsters, fighting new bosses that I would need help against. (Jewelscalem, Krimson, Krixxix, Khewy, Goux, etc.)

I also enjoyed instance play, and running with squads. Even wait for Rankar, and the showdown with Wyvern added something to the game. It didn't take much for them to destroy me. Rankar one shotted me many many times when he caught the squad off guard.

At the same time, I like leveling. I like feeling like I've accomplished something, as a pose to remaining stagnant. I like seeing my character grow and develop. I hate level blocks....where the xp rate slows down massively. Which is why I also had voted for level 75+. Supporting what Euthymius stated, I wouldn't be against Aware of Vaculty as a requirement for entering FC. (Though I feel that 75+ is preferable, since I believe there is even a level 75 quest in FC). Regardless, at the 75-90 range, you should know your class by then.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Using 59 culti as that's when you get access to all of your skills outside of 79/100/primal skills would probably be better especially if you're considering a 75+ block as requiring Vacuity would effectively make it 79+ instead of 75+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What is your play style?

I like endgame, and want to reach it fast and compete in end-game activities.
    Yes this is what we all want to reach but these days reaching end game gear has become impossible for F2p players and casual cashers.

I like to explore, take my time, enjoy a good story line.
    This something you do with your main is boring doing it again with an alt.

I like a bit of both, some exploring, and level jump to the next big thing.
    Exploring? If you want exploring you should play another game. It does not take much to fully explore pwi just a few months.

Other (comment on your other)
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I voted the "a little bit of both". I like exploring the game, appreciating the environment, the designs, the stories, the quests and the effort put into the creation of each part but I don't want to get stuck to a place for a very long time because I want to discover the next thing and eventually get to endgame.

This is the reason I supported FCC being limited to lvl75+ which is when the quests slow down and it's more time consuming to level up (up to 70 is easy).

What I'd like to be added? Definitely more quests/content for lvl80+ now that they removed hypers from FCC. Also update the quests like they did for lower levels. If they are going to keep this change permanently they should also add some more content for the lower levels in general. How about some mid level PvP event?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The game USED to be a bit of both, but ever since Packs + R9 + New Horizons, it's all about reaching end game.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Many areas to visit, instances and events to complete, and daily routines to do. With an unrestricted FF, players can simply bypass everything, and that brings the popular problem of high level idiocy/poorly geared individuals, as well as turning lower areas and content into empty space that may as well not exist.

... and a new player to the game would take one look at the empty maps > and leave.

The other issue is this greatly affects is the economy.

One reason is because crafting has fallen by the wayside for anyone under level 99. When I returned last September - there are very few new players I have met that has even stepped inside TT, and if they did > it was only TT 3-3.

This also affects people that do level slower and try to resell their gear. There is no market.

There is virtually no way to make coinage in the game, when you are a lower player. You cannot TT, you cannot dig the higher, more coveted mats, so basically you have nothing you can offer in an effort to be self-sufficient. And.. then all you can do is cash shop or sell zen .. or hope someone assists you. Even if your guild or friends runs TT with you >> that's still not really putting much into your pocket, since again > you are a lower level and.. let's not forget about the need to display your weapon for the other instances that do make $.

It is self defeating, it is extremely difficult.

If they do run the solo TT's, if they do dig and farm at low levels.. theres literally no market for the items.. so they get discouraged and leave the game.

Keeping people from using the FF/FC at lower levels will mean they remain a lower level for a bit longer .. and need gear.. and thereby opens up a market.... which other lower levels can capitalize on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ... and a new player to the game would take one look at the empty maps > and leave.

One reason is because crafting has fallen by the wayside for anyone under level 99. When I returned last September - there are very few new players I have met that has even stepped inside TT, and if they did > it was only TT 3-3.

This also affects people that do level slower and try to resell their gear. There is no market.

There is virtually no way to make coinage in the game, when you are a lower player. You cannot TT, you cannot dig the higher, more coveted mats, so basically you have nothing you can offer in an effort to be self-sufficient. And.. then all you can do is cash shop or sell zen .. or hope someone assists you. Even if your guild or friends runs TT with you >> that's still not really putting much into your pocket, since again > you are a lower level and.. let's not forget about the need to display your weapon for the other instances that do make $.

If they do run the solo TT's, if they do dig and farm at low levels.. theres literally no market for the items.. so they get discouraged and leave the game.

Keeping people from using the FF/FC at lower levels will mean they remain a lower level for a bit longer .. and need gear.. and thereby opens up a market.... which other lower levels can capitalize on.

This is the damage caused by the massive level gap among players I've been talking about. I watched the server populations dwindle as that gap got wider and wider until it was just new characters and endgame with nothing in between. This is what ruined the spirit of the game. I hope it comes back now that players are going to have to advance through level appropriate game play. I actually saw a WC from someone wanting to kill Gouf last night. I haven't seen that in WC forever. Soon maybe we'll start seeing WC for help killing Rattus. It's this which lets me know that disabling hypers in FC is having a desired effect in general game play now. The more the low to mid range population comes back the economy might too.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The thing is, Most of the content for the game is at 100+ And it's not like Questing is a Hot thing, Back in the day is was better because you could look in your quest list, find a quest you wanted to do, and when u flew to the mobs you were suppose to Kill, there would be people there also doing the quest and you could send a invite to them and maybe they accept it, you kill them together. Now in these days, It's not like that. You get to the spot and it's empty with the exception of Bots. The ones who Love the sotryline or ect, are the ones that have already Reached 100 on some toon by Hypering Lvl'ING FC already and they think that it was a Great achievement so they dont want other's to have it If they can help it. To make themselves feel special. Other's are the 101+ with R9 who think it would be Fun to 1 shot the lower lvl'd players and New players and that would be alot harder to do if they were 100 also, with G16 gear. I voted for Both. i also like the storyline, But it would take nearly a year and a half to reach 100 if you did that alone for EXP. i suggest make PV open for at least a hour a day.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Other:
    1. Play first time for story and quests
    2. Level alt and power level it because **** doing all of the story and quests over again and again
    2-A. TURIPPELU SPARKU MACURO ATTACKU ALL DAY

p.s.: No, this doesnt fit the "little bit of both" playstyle as I first follow the entire thing (which is option 2)
    and then I power level (option 1)

Option 3 suggests you do a bit of both on 1 character, which I don't.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I enjoy taking my time, regardless if it's an alt or main. You don't get bored qith quests or storylines if you use little bit of imagination while at it and change ur habits once in a while. Challenge yourself, have some fun, level up with a friend, try different slower-paced methods etc... I prefer going through the whole content.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like to level up by questing and watch my character become stronger level by level
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Other:

I actually have fun doing things that are challenging. The best times were when i started out and tried to solo FB19 when i was level 20 (and ended up having great fun doing it with a squad). When i tried getting people to TT with me when i was TT90. When i tried to do TM69/79 when i was G16+5 prerebirth. When i started doing TM lunar when i was G16+7.

What i did was work hard to reach (semi) endgame. Everything got boring. People dont always do what they like i guess. I dont like to smoke either.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I vote for I like endgame, and want to reach it fast and compete in end-game activities.

Imo, once ppl hit 100+ rebirth and rebirth, ppl will enjoy more content and see that the lowbies content of the game is kinda pointless, gears and stats are what matter most, and we have to farm asap for that as early as possible to compete with others. Morai skills, Meridian, Nuema, 3 times leveling to 105 for stat points, FSP for free decent A cards and level them, farming primordial blood for op skills etc, they all take time, and for factions that are active in pvp activities/tw, they will need new recruits because ppl come and go in an mmo and who are they gonna recruit if newcomers stuck at lowbie contents such as slow leveling, killing quest bosses while in the end level means nothing >_<'

So for me leveling should be made easy even before rebirth and most quests should be soloable (who's gonna help lowbies with their quests like FB or kill bosses while the reward for doing it is none and we have so many dailies to finish).
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I chose other:

There is nothing end game about this game because if so then i would have quit in about a year.So mainly i just like to explore each class,well besides a veno because i just smell rotten eggs and i hate pets.The only quest i like to do is bh and ones that give active points that allow me to complete boring dalies or other bh's.Im not into a story line i just click yes and auto path to the nearest quest location.If i do quest i like the ones that are profitable and worth my time,i really dont feel like flying around for 5hours for 60k exp,3k spirit and 8500 coins.
  • aquale
    aquale Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like a good storyline. Quests leads you around your race starting area and then into Archo and further for fighting against wraiths and monsters. On lower levels you have plenty of quest to do thus leveling up enough quickly.

But then on higher levels like 90+ leveling up is quite slow and most of storyline is already seen. Normal mob hunting quests are getting almost useless and require ridiculous amount of mobs to be killed. I'd like to now experience some end game things like Warsong etc. but guys in faction won't even consider taking me with them until 99 and tt99 gear

I agree that this hyper issue about fc is big shock for everyone. I see it ridiculous that it has to be one certain dungeon where you can't use hypers. And still I understand argument about "fail sins and seekers", when everything is handed down on silverplate, they won't learn anything how to play their toon.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1713311
    Here is listed some of quests and things you can do to for leveling up. And FC haven't gone anywhere.
  • carodelicccccc
    carodelicccccc Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    After complete my dailies i play other game.
    Quest after lv.80 dont give good xp, plus, when you are rb2, have nothing to do, since u already did all quest in game.
    Hope they put something new to do in this game for non end-game players
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like exploring, and taking my time leveling, etc. etc...

just not in PWI, because every single piece of PvE content in this game sucks.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like questing and taking my time. Work is stressful and long in RL, and as you get older, the responsibilities pile on. When I enter the game, I just want to take my time. It seems each alt I make and quest with, I find quests I've never done, or quests I enjoyed and forgot about, as well as the occasional quest I forgot about and think "eww I remember this one"

I've done most of the quests sub level 80 a dozen times or more and haven't gotten tired of them. What I have tired of is endgame content and the dailies that we have. My main is RBII and casually leveling with my ingame wife playing an hour or three most days, its only taken a month to reach 98 and half way to 99. I look forward to being 100 again, but not the dailies. I prefer doing the quests on my alts with different classes. PvP doesn't interest me at all and never has in MMOs. I don't mind dueling friends or faction members because its fun and no one cares about winning or losing. The PvP mentality, especially in PWI leaves a lot to be desired.

When I play and change up characters I find each class is different. A seeker plays differently than a wizard which plays differently than a sin which plays differently than a psychic which plays differently than a barb etc. Each class I quest with, I learn what each area of play the character is capable of and which area one has to be cautious with. I find it fun and relaxing. When life is stressful and demanding in the adult world, entering a pixel world and taking my time is a nice change of place. Power leveling isn't for me. I've already powerleveled life and while it can be rewarding, you also tend to think "where did the time go?"
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    So after several days of this poll it seems like players are fairly evenly split.
    Between those who like the story and take their time to enjoy the game, and others who just want to rush to end game.

As for players who like both, well there seems to be plenty if them.
    But it seems as though most players will only FC if they need too.

I think FC provides a good leveling tool for people who have mains, maybe they want to level alts so they can ALT FC. Other might want to level through the gap from 75-95 where game content is lacking.

As for FC babies, well unless a new player has friends, or had done a bunch of research in the game and cashes, I doubt they will FC at extremely low levels. As for FCin after 75, well it's a pretty fun challenging instance at that level and can teach a player a lot.
    YOUTUBE:

• MYSTERIOUSN - Raging Tide
    MYSTERIOUSN - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like to explore, but I have brought one of my alts to fc to lvl it up with my main but that's because I wanted tp get her to lvl 59 for a certain skill, now I just do dailies and quests and shes lvl 68 now. but my main didn't run fc much and when I did rebirth her twice I didn't run her thru fc and lvled decent. so the "gotta have fc to lvl faster after rebirth" is a lie. I rebirthed twice in less then a month just doing the quests and dailies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] TTFN! b:chuckle
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited September 2014

OBJECTION!!!!

There are multiple ways to get coin in the game for lower level players. Maybe not SERIOUS coinage that 100+ can achieve, but enough for gear, pots, repairs, and some throw around cash.
    I accomplished this by NW, Tigers(which im pretty good at on a cleric compared to half the harshlands clerics(ATTENTION HARSHLANDS CLERICS: METAL SKILLS SUCH AS GREAT CYCLONE AND SIRENS KISS DO NOT WORK ON METAL IMMUNE MOBS!!!) a bit of money from TW's(i base buff for pplz) + quests. im currently rocking 5mil with almost full tt90(havent started working on boots yet, theyre next) its not SERIOUS coin but its enough for pots and what i need. Its not really until 99+ that you need 200mil+ for gear.
    Also, i have more fun on a lvl 91 cleric in NW then i do a 101,101,101 BM. Its more entertaining, especially with the pms from ppl who take themselves too seriously b:chuckle
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]