What next

FaithDread - Heavens Tear
FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Assassin
So its that time again, where I have hit a wall. Im at a place now where everything costs a lot and I am not to sure what road to go down.

Heres what I look like at the moment minus stats and RA etc..

http://pwcalc.com/04714c3375138499

Overall I have 11.3k hp base, 15k buffed, 13.5k patk, 9k pdef/magdef and 98 atk levels.

Ive done 215 rolls on my boots now and am yet to see Int. I am not to sure weither to keep this up or not because of the cost and the time of NW (4am my time so do it rarely now).

I dont have an Int tome because of the stupid cost of rerolling r8r.

I also dont PvP at all aside from the very rare NW.

Plus I have G16 x2 int so 4aps r8r which is pretty overkill. I can solo 3-3 heck I can solo most of the WS bosses.

I really am not to sure where to put my focus! I was trying to get r9 for so long and now that I have it, im kinda like what now xD

I have the money to +10 my daggers, but is there a more worthwhile investment? Especially when it costs so much for orbs atm.
Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by FaithDread - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Considering the defense you have, I'd look to improving your damage. In terms of how cost effective each upgrade is the following would be a decent order:

1) +10 Daggers

2) -int tome (Pan Gu)

3) Sky Cover -> Star's Destiny

4) +12 Weapon

5) Upgrade -int tome (LUaD -> Dominance -> Emperor)

I would give up on the r8r boots for now. Truth is r8r isn't a worthy upgrade since with passives and decent refines on ornies, you'll never have need for more than the standard APS set. I did the same (-int on chest, none on boots) and regret every token I used for it.
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2014
    peckked wrote: »
    Considering the defense you have, I'd look to improving your damage. In terms of how cost effective each upgrade is the following would be a decent order:

1) +10 Daggers

2) -int tome (Pan Gu)

4) +12 Weapon

I would give up on the r8r boots for now. Truth is r8r isn't a worthy upgrade since with passives and decent refines on ornies, you'll never have need for more than the standard APS set. I did the same (-int on chest, none on boots) and regret every token I used for it.

Thanks for replying pal! I know what you mean about r8r. It is certainly more tanky then base aps but the cost of it greatly outweighs it. I had a Sky Cover once but sold it so Ill have to look at getting another. +10 should be easy as I invested in the +10 promotion so it greatly reduces the cost. The Passives are such a pain and I dont even have lvl1 of them. Farming bloods is so freaking tedious. Although 10 days for 1 lvl isnt so bad I guess (I am not a fan of UCH). I do currently have enough money to get 4 parts of r9s3, would it be a worthwhile investment instead of focusing on my current setup?

Really appreciate the help!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    peckked wrote: »

1) +10 Daggers

2) -int tome (Pan Gu)

4) +12 Weapon

I don't know about the price on your server, but pan gu's are running 500m and 1.2b+ for L:UAD.

Honestly tho, if you want r9, just go for it. I can solo every warsong boss except Incacerate in +7 aps gear (+10 helm). What more does one need for aps gear? If you havent maxed your passive skills from primal, do so. Also getting A/S cards and leveling them will net you good amounts of damage, def, and hp.

Your physical attack and dex seems quite low, rebirthing would help a lot, especially due to spirit.
    edited August 2014
    I don't know about the price on your server, but pan gu's are running 500m and 1.2b+ for L:UAD.

Honestly tho, if you want r9, just go for it. I can solo every warsong boss except Incacerate in +7 aps gear (+10 helm). What more does one need for aps gear? If you havent maxed your passive skills from primal, do so. Also getting A/S cards and leveling them will net you good amounts of damage, def, and hp.

Your physical attack and dex seems quite low, rebirthing would help a lot, especially due to spirit.

Really? Thats quite shocking. Im rebirthed twice at 102/101/101 and have a full set of A cards lol. Are my stats really lacking that much?? Pan Gu is around 6-700m on my server atm so its quite a haul to get it.

The dex on calc is wrong also, its at like 540 atm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Your calc doesn't have dagger devotion active, so that probably doesn't help you much. b:chuckle

Though considering you did tell us your stats in the first post and the calc was just to showcase the kind of gear you're working with, I'm not sure how Dion managed to think that the low phys attack in the calc was your actual phys attack.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    Gingerpubes - Morai Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sage or demon is my first question.

What do you want to do in the game? become a pve god or pvp?
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Really? Thats quite shocking. Im rebirthed twice at 102/101/101 and have a full set of A cards lol. Are my stats really lacking that much?? Pan Gu is around 6-700m on my server atm so its quite a haul to get it.

The dex on calc is wrong also, its at like 540 atm

Your historical levels are extremely low. I think my archer, which was clearly alt till bout month ago, is currently 103-101-102 and bout 3 days from another 102 on historical before aiming for the first 105. The increase from my levels is pretty low and its prolly biggest weakspot of my archer offensively at this point.

My sin is 104 historical with basic aps gear at 594 dex if I remember correctly and her stats havent been adjusted to cards(can wear gear w/o tome for exacmple) and with restatting I could break 600 if I wanted. But as she is 160mish xp from 105 historical, I dont really feel its worthy investment considering I barely do anything but cube for NW neck on her these days.

So if you can find it in you to level, you might want to think bout it. As for the passives, get def passive least, its ludicrously powerful. Pre primal update my sins p.def was ~8,5k base, now its over 13k.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Your calc doesn't have dagger devotion active, so that probably doesn't help you much. b:chuckle

Though considering you did tell us your stats in the first post and the calc was just to showcase the kind of gear you're working with, I'm not sure how Dion managed to think that the low phys attack in the calc was your actual phys attack.

I've seen sins with lower in the same gear.b:chuckle Unless he edited the calc, he had about 400 dex in the one i saw, which is quite low.
    edited August 2014
    Ive said my Dex is at 540 b:laugh Is that still that low? Ill most likely be investing in r9 this sale. Unless anyone would advise against it? My level is low because Ive only leveled through quests since I got to 100. I did my first 100+ PV yesterday and enjoyed it greatly, so that should change quickly. I have 100m exp stored already in my Demon book. Also; I am demon culti xD

I think I will refine my daggers with the next orb sale. I have a +10 orb waiting for me from the previous promotion but the rest are just too much at the moment. 97m at least for +8 on my server. The int tome isnt out of reach at the moment although it is a lot of money, and I think I would rather try and farm one from RB or buy lots of Glorious Mirths next sale b:laugh

Im always working on my cards. I love farming them they are awesome and give so much.

EDIT:

So once I get my +10 orb I will of +10'd my daggers (+9'd them today woopie). I actually have more patk in my basic APS gear then my r8r haha. Pan Gu at the time of writing this costs 490m~ to make, is it really worth it? I know perma spark is good, but I can solo 3-3 etc fine without it. Itll speed it up by an amount that really makes it worthwhile?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ive said my Dex is at 540 b:laugh Is that still that low? Ill most likely be investing in r9 this sale. Unless anyone would advise against it? My level is low because Ive only leveled through quests since I got to 100. I did my first 100+ PV yesterday and enjoyed it greatly, so that should change quickly. I have 100m exp stored already in my Demon book. Also; I am demon culti xD

I think I will refine my daggers with the next orb sale. I have a +10 orb waiting for me from the previous promotion but the rest are just too much at the moment. 97m at least for +8 on my server. The int tome isnt out of reach at the moment although it is a lot of money, and I think I would rather try and farm one from RB or buy lots of Glorious Mirths next sale b:laugh

Im always working on my cards. I love farming them they are awesome and give so much.

EDIT:

So once I get my +10 orb I will of +10'd my daggers (+9'd them today woopie). I actually have more patk in my basic APS gear then my r8r haha. Pan Gu at the time of writing this costs 490m~ to make, is it really worth it? I know perma spark is good, but I can solo 3-3 etc fine without it. Itll speed it up by an amount that really makes it worthwhile?

Well i will give ya advice of whould i'd do in ur place if i whouldn't wanna invest in r9 armors. My personal opinion is that fullr9s3 set is made typicaly for pk and is much better for it than the r8r, altho r8r is like other ppl already said, upgraded version of aps set (so it's made for pve).

My gear atm is sth like this(since i made a toon on pve server i am focused on pve gear): http://pwcalc.com/157e9359f5ccc35f
    (not exacly this tho, i tried to include titles, cards and such in calc but meh it's little old already)

about rerols it took me only 190 to get -int on boots (as u prolly know some ppl on our server got it in like 20 b:angryb:surrender) but oh well, statisticly it's like 140 rerols per int on boots from what i have heared. So i know how anoying reroling those boots is.

Well i'd say if u don't rly wanna get r9, focus mostly on changing ur rings(to r9s2 ring and star destiny and refining them for great def.)

With my current gear i have like 12/11k pdef/mdef unbuffed and about 20/16k buffed (cler + bm)

geting ur dager to +10 whould be definitly worth it especialy if u can get it for cheap.

what can i advice u from cheap stuff to focus on to improve is:
    -numas(quingzi/zimo/styg are the best ones to farm for me. with styg i just stealth threw the mobs, put deaden on spark>kill from stealth then he won't run, aslo don't use AD or anything he will at best pop ur deaden)
    -title quests(do them they give like 200 extra phy atack)
    -meridian
    -cards(advicing lvling ur cards for extra def with making c packs, after u get a nice set of a/s cards)
    -shards. not sure what shards are u using, do the weekly aba/sot for free incomperabe shards and shard them, later on u can think of swiching them with JoSD/diety/vit stones.(far far far future)
    -definitly max ur arcane/mirage/astral sky lvl, spirit is a stat that improves dmg and defences in both pve and pvp(u can check exacly how it works on pwi-wiki)
    -i'd get the tome the last since it's seriously expensive on our server (like 1.5 bil LUnD) hmm and if u rly wanna get pan gu tome for extra int u can always resell it, just don't bind it b:chuckle
    - hat engrave, it cost 90 lucky coins and u have 50% chance to get 100 phy atack and 50% to get 100 magical attack
    -always pick blessing(ik it sounds nooby and sory about that but so many ppl don't use blessings on my server that's it's crazy)

mostly this for now. some day u wanna replace ur neck and belt with the cube neck/r9 belt for extra mdef(i personaly think that only mdef cube neck is worth for sin since it's mages that hurts like hell,) but that's preety far far away since u need pdef from current neck/belt for now.

definitly shard ur dager with at least 2 free incomp from weeklies(or higher shards)

If u whould want to got full r9 armor, i'd advice u still doing the things i wrote above, it improves ur overall stats and it's doable.
    One more thing about the r9 armors tho. when u get them u will definitly want to get cube neck(probably s4 which is pretty high cost) and u will want to get life hunter/elimination. (even with my set life hunter is amazing skill for ani aps bosses, i can grab agro from weaker squads and tank rly easy). So ya life hunter is definitly expensive investment but seems worth it.

hmm if i recall anything esle i will edit this post i guess. hope that helped ya
    edited August 2014
    Well i will give ya advice of whould i'd do in ur place if i whouldn't wanna invest in r9 armors. My personal opinion is that fullr9s3 set is made typicaly for pk and is much better for it than the r8r, altho r8r is like other ppl already said, upgraded version of aps set (so it's made for pve).

My gear atm is sth like this(since i made a toon on pve server i am focused on pve gear): http://pwcalc.com/157e9359f5ccc35f
    (not exacly this tho, i tried to include titles, cards and such in calc but meh it's little old already)

about rerols it took me only 190 to get -int on boots (as u prolly know some ppl on our server got it in like 20 b:angryb:surrender) but oh well, statisticly it's like 140 rerols per int on boots from what i have heared. So i know how anoying reroling those boots is.

Well i'd say if u don't rly wanna get r9, focus mostly on changing ur rings(to r9s2 ring and star destiny and refining them for great def.)

With my current gear i have like 12/11k pdef/mdef unbuffed and about 20/16k buffed (cler + bm)

geting ur dager to +10 whould be definitly worth it especialy if u can get it for cheap.

what can i advice u from cheap stuff to focus on to improve is:
    -numas(quingzi/zimo/styg are the best ones to farm for me. with styg i just stealth threw the mobs, put deaden on spark>kill from stealth then he won't run, aslo don't use AD or anything he will at best pop ur deaden)
    -title quests(do them they give like 200 extra phy atack)
    -meridian
    -cards(advicing lvling ur cards for extra def with making c packs, after u get a nice set of a/s cards)
    -shards. not sure what shards are u using, do the weekly aba/sot for free incomperabe shards and shard them, later on u can think of swiching them with JoSD/diety/vit stones.(far far far future)
    -definitly max ur arcane/mirage/astral sky lvl, spirit is a stat that improves dmg and defences in both pve and pvp(u can check exacly how it works on pwi-wiki)
    -i'd get the tome the last since it's seriously expensive on our server (like 1.5 bil LUnD) hmm and if u rly wanna get pan gu tome for extra int u can always resell it, just don't bind it b:chuckle
    - hat engrave, it cost 90 lucky coins and u have 50% chance to get 100 phy atack and 50% to get 100 magical attack
    -always pick blessing(ik it sounds nooby and sory about that but so many ppl don't use blessings on my server that's it's crazy)

mostly this for now. some day u wanna replace ur neck and belt with the cube neck/r9 belt for extra mdef(i personaly think that only mdef cube neck is worth for sin since it's mages that hurts like hell,) but that's preety far far away since u need pdef from current neck/belt for now.

definitly shard ur dager with at least 2 free incomp from weeklies(or higher shards)

If u whould want to got full r9 armor, i'd advice u still doing the things i wrote above, it improves ur overall stats and it's doable.
    One more thing about the r9 armors tho. when u get them u will definitly want to get cube neck(probably s4 which is pretty high cost) and u will want to get life hunter/elimination. (even with my set life hunter is amazing skill for ani aps bosses, i can grab agro from weaker squads and tank rly easy). So ya life hunter is definitly expensive investment but seems worth it.

hmm if i recall anything esle i will edit this post i guess. hope that helped ya

That was a lot of help, thank you. Ive already got my +10 daggers and Im currently trying to find a Sky Cover for sale which I plan to upgrade. Once my work slows down a bit, I think Ill carry on with my r8r since for PvE it seems to be the best goal to go for. Ive got a full set of A cards and work on my meridian/nuema a lot, but I havent even got lvl1 passive which I think im missing out on a lot. Ive started farming bloods again (Farmed enough for Cursed Jail and left it at that) to try and catch up, although I never do UCH so it may take some time xD

My shards on my R8R set are all Flawless, because I feel the set isnt accomplished enough to shard seriously. I have a mix of Immacs/Incomp on my APS set which I dont think ill change unless I never get int on my boots (A big possibility :P)

The Int tome is just too much. I could farm it, but in terms of moneys worth I believe itll come quite far down in the chain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In my opinion, there is no need for g15 r8r APS sets and everyone who made it was before all the passives came around and made APS way more powerful in farming then it was before.

Seriously i hit around 10k PDEF in APS gear now (buffed) with 10K HP (unbuffed) without any pdef shards only HP ones and i can solo every boss in every pav in warsong and even when my mate dies in TT 3-3 at illusion lord i can beat him most of the time except he throws in some serious **** like debuffing you and hitting you for like 13k damage.

5 APS with r9 would be one major thing everyone was aiming back then and even i thought about it when NW came around and made it way easier to acomplish.
    But am i 5 aps r9rr now? nope. Why not? because everything is dead so fast that its pointles to do.
    4aps in r9rr is all you need realy and when we are talking g16 with int its even easier.

So i would just throw that idea out of the window and aim for something that is not rndomly generated like building your tome or have higher refines.

When you look at the game now, everything new is AGAINST aps anyways and thats why im working on r9rr gear now. It fits so much better for the squad then just apsing the bosses for minimal damage.
    Sure spamming Life Hunter with a bit subsea strike is not any more complex but the squad is happy and even dealing the most damage is very possible.

On a side note: i dont get why assassins and other meelee range DD cant aps bosses with full damage but archers are. alomost 80% of the time the archers do the exact same thing in FSP like meelee aps classes do in other scenarios, aps things because it deals alot of damage lol. but thats a different story.
    edited August 2014
    In my opinion, there is no need for g15 r8r APS sets and everyone who made it was before all the passives came around and made APS way more powerful in farming then it was before.

Seriously i hit around 10k PDEF in APS gear now (buffed) with 10K HP (unbuffed) without any pdef shards only HP ones and i can solo every boss in every pav in warsong and even when my mate dies in TT 3-3 at illusion lord i can beat him most of the time except he throws in some serious **** like debuffing you and hitting you for like 13k damage.

5 APS with r9 would be one major thing everyone was aiming back then and even i thought about it when NW came around and made it way easier to acomplish.
    But am i 5 aps r9rr now? nope. Why not? because everything is dead so fast that its pointles to do.
    4aps in r9rr is all you need realy and when we are talking g16 with int its even easier.

So i would just throw that idea out of the window and aim for something that is not rndomly generated like building your tome or have higher refines.

When you look at the game now, everything new is AGAINST aps anyways and thats why im working on r9rr gear now. It fits so much better for the squad then just apsing the bosses for minimal damage.
    Sure spamming Life Hunter with a bit subsea strike is not any more complex but the squad is happy and even dealing the most damage is very possible.

On a side note: i dont get why assassins and other meelee range DD cant aps bosses with full damage but archers are. alomost 80% of the time the archers do the exact same thing in FSP like meelee aps classes do in other scenarios, aps things because it deals alot of damage lol. but thats a different story.

To be honest I would much rather farm NW tokens then bloods b:laugh But I see where your coming from, APS set with all passive buffs (Meridian/Cards etc) is more then enough. I have 12k pdef buffed in it and 12-13k hp. I think the best way to approach it is to take it step by step. So my next goal is to get a Sky Cover (Or if worse comes to worse Ill get a SoFC). I have Double int g16 but the damage when doing TT just seems to little. I average at about 800k dmg per spark in my r9s3 daggers, but with G16 even at 5aps its like 400k. Ive become such an APS carebear b:chuckle

R9s3 will always be an alternative I guess, but at the moment I dont see a benefit for it. I can tank for squads very well in my r8r as it is, and nearly hit 16k with it now and its only +8. I can get a s3 Warsong belt but I am not sure if thats worth it? Id love to get a Puzzle neck, but I would have to but it outright because I dont have the time or patience for cube. So id rather put the money into r9s2 ring or Star Destiny.

I know 4aps r9s3 is more then enough, but I am only 3.33 aps with my r9s3 daggers, and find I do have to spam pots/charm tick a fair amount in my APS armor still, which Is why Im looking at different paths to take to avoid that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    I know 4aps r9s3 is more then enough, but I am only 3.33 aps with my r9s3 daggers, and find I do have to spam pots/charm tick a fair amount in my APS armor still, which Is why Im looking at different paths to take to avoid that.

I somehow thought you are 4aps sparked but true you dont have tome which makes it 3.33 obviously.
    yea well i see your problem then in 3.33 aps the sparkcyrcle has to be smooth or you cant permaspark while doing DD increasing things like subsea or power dash to its fullest. 3.33 is a bit too slow for that even with 4aps you have barely 3 sparks full when spark is over.

You realy should aim for Pan Gu first because when you get Star Destiny you might have some more DEF but you already paid the price for Pan Gu with it (on HL Sky Cover goes for 300-350mil + the Upgrade cost and its almost a Pan Gu which is 600-700mil here) and that is what you want.

i cant tell for sure how much damage i do with one spark it depends obviously if i just spark or if i use subsea or power dash + some other AMP skills are on the boss like dg or tangling.
    But i hit the 1mil+ most of the time with my standart beginners spark which is tripple + power dash + mire + frenzy or extreme.
    And that at 4aps i dont see a reason to go higher for r9rr

you really need to aim at something, more PvE, more PvP, more Party play or wanna be tanky, wanna be aps and tanky etc.
    for me its more an party play with PvE mostly solo or with a buddy (TT at x2 times) and want to survive very well at it.
    Thats where both my sets come in handy i have r9rr for party play for fsp, uch and the other instances that are coming (im sure there will be plenty of new instances in the future) with anti aps buff.
    solo stuff is with aps gear and well everything which is aps able is doable with my current gear i have. i switch around some flawless shards i still have in my wrist for lv10 shards HP but thats about it. +7 armor is fine.

but the problem is aps is outdated and not welcome anymore in instances. i see it myself in uch i cant stand sins that are still apsing the bosses there. close to no damage with my weapon and yes i tried. zerk crits are at 8k at best.
    edited September 2014
    Little bit of an update!

Just bought a Pan Gu tome (Found one super cheap)! Did a trial TT run and omg it was so easy, I dont even need to use pots unless Im buffing xD Beast dropped in like 4-6 sparks. Using my APS gear which is now all +7, with my ornies at +8 and my hat now at +9. Daggers are +10 as I said before also. Also started working on my passive and got lvl1 def already. Helps a lot. I see what you guys are saying about basic APS being more then enough with all the buffs we have now (Cards, Meridian, Passives) but I will still work on my r8r especially with the new expansion in China having an upgrade to it! That will come a bit later though as I am now sitting on 3m after buying Pan Gu b:laugh

I guess my question which would be the most cost effective upgrade to go for now? I have a full set of A cards with an S card so no worry there. Should I buy a Sky Cover, s2 my r9 ring or save up to +11/+12 my daggers? Or is there anything else I should maybe invest in? b:victory

All the help is greatly appreciated!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    If you're content with your current defenses, work on maximizing that offense to get the best returns in terms of time spent doing things. Once that's done, I'd suggest going for the recast R9 ring first as that refines for phys and mag defense and then do the sky cover. You'll likely want to get your armor refines (and ornaments. Especially ornaments) to +10 sometime during this, but that's not a strict need.

Also, shards should be your very last concern as they provide the lowest benefit for the highest cost in most cases.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited September 2014
    I would say that the Meridian, Nuemas, Cards and maybe even the Shards come by time doing the stuff Daily/Weekly because g10 Shards are more then enough for APS gear and going higher would be a waste in my opinion.

Refining to +11/12 is ofc an option to increase the damage output even more but its very costly and maybe not worth it for pure farming.
    I would fo for nice engravings on the rings,belt,neck,helm and robe because you get a nice boost in def and especially in attack power from it (DEX atts are very good because it increases attack and critrate). Think about it, helm gets 100 physical attack for not tooooo much of coins. but maybe im wrong here and its more expensive then going +11 on the weapon. you have to calculate it for your server but i think HL would be better off going with helm engraving for phy attack.

The rings are an option to increase def even more, r9 ring is a very good one for that because it increases mag and phy def.
    The more def you have, the less you have to worrie that you might die somewhere.

Also: Congratz to your pangu, awesome man b:victory

Also you said something about r8r upgrade? would love to hear more about it.
    edited September 2014
    I would say that the Meridian, Nuemas, Cards and maybe even the Shards come by time doing the stuff Daily/Weekly because g10 Shards are more then enough for APS gear and going higher would be a waste in my opinion.

Refining to +11/12 is ofc an option to increase the damage output even more but its very costly and maybe not worth it for pure farming.
    I would fo for nice engravings on the rings,belt,neck,helm and robe because you get a nice boost in def and especially in attack power from it (DEX atts are very good because it increases attack and critrate). Think about it, helm gets 100 physical attack for not tooooo much of coins. but maybe im wrong here and its more expensive then going +11 on the weapon. you have to calculate it for your server but i think HL would be better off going with helm engraving for phy attack.

The rings are an option to increase def even more, r9 ring is a very good one for that because it increases mag and phy def.
    The more def you have, the less you have to worrie that you might die somewhere.

Also: Congratz to your pangu, awesome man b:victory

Also you said something about r8r upgrade? would love to hear more about it.

Thanks a lot! Ive got adds on all things I can (Rings, Helm, Belt etc etc). Getting the max add on my server for Helm/Robe would be around 350/400m, so I think if I was going to go for that, +11 would be a more logical advancement. I could get a double engrave on my neck though which Ill do next time I do NW. I did my first weekly SoT/Aba today and really enjoyed it, so ill try and do that every week for the gems and add them to my equipment that is unlikely to change (Robe/Helm). I only have Immacs in my weapon so I should probably change them to Gems.

Also for r8s3, it was announced in the expansion thread. No idea about it yet, but it sounds interesting, at least I hope it is. Im a huge fan of r8r being that it is reasonable to acquire (Unless going for int on boots lol) and fairs very well in PvE b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]