Server merge - DW & RT pls

DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Suggestion Box
I think we need this, atm Tempest and QQme are rolling everything in our path on our respective servers, a matchup between these two would be orgasmic. Also Vicious could merge with Dynasty and create three top tier factions.

Make it happen guys!
DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
Post edited by DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think more servers need to merge in general...b:surrender
    Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary and Archosaur even share a database so merging two of those would be easier (I think?).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So......much......lag......do......not.....compute......
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nah we at heavens tear do not want to mix and mingle with other server trash.
  • catn
    catn Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lol mechabeastmc666
    stand next to me you'll never stand alone

juniornowack HeavensTear
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Quite interesting...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think we need this, atm Tempest and QQme are rolling everything in our path on our respective servers, a matchup between these two would be orgasmic. Also Vicious could merge with Dynasty and create three top tier factions.

Make it happen guys!

Or people can just spread out...
    If you care so much about TW, you would break off from the most OP faction, go to other factions, and try to balance them out so you can have fun 3 hour TWs.

EQ and kindrid don't have full 80 on 80 R9rrs and stuff, but they have awesome, fun 3 hour long TWs. Probably just as much fun as a tempest vs QQme TW could be, but probably less lag since it would be 60v60 i think. But you can just keep recruiting people. and no one will want to TW with you anyways... I mean, you took 2 strong factions and merged the, (Tempest & Relic) so what can you expect? 3 Hour back and forth hard TWs? lol b:laugh

But anyways, gear has been so insanely scaled up with war avatar cards, and the gap from good gear, great gear, and endgame gear is now huge. That even with ganks on a faction like tempest or QQme, a squad or 2 of OP gears can pretty much solo a anyfaction that has "good" gear generally.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would love the server merge. More new ppl xD new faces .
    I don't like much the guild merge.But i guess to make gear more equal between guilds and TW more longer/fun. (i guess would see what happens)

If we get the server merge, i hope NW would be more fun. (more full battles)

DW economy is bad as it can be b:shocked guess merge wont make any changes there (but i hope for the best)

Hope Sparkie will see/read this. Talk about it in office ;) and make it happen /o/
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    Or people can just spread out...
    If you care so much about TW, you would break off from the most OP faction, go to other factions, and try to balance them out so you can have fun 3 hour TWs.

EQ and kindrid don't have full 80 on 80 R9rrs and stuff, but they have awesome, fun 3 hour long TWs. Probably just as much fun as a tempest vs QQme TW could be, but probably less lag since it would be 60v60 i think. But you can just keep recruiting people. and no one will want to TW with you anyways... I mean, you took 2 strong factions and merged the, (Tempest & Relic) so what can you expect? 3 Hour back and forth hard TWs? lol b:laugh

Friendships, politics, dislikes of other leaderships are the reasons I'd prefer to stay where I am and probably most of my friends. Tempest leadership was the only one I could see Relic's getting along with so that's why I approached them and none of the other TW factions.

At this stage of the game, anything that isn't 80 vs 80 with a strong mix of r9rr isn't fun, the lag is a small sacrifice to pay for TW on a grand scale as it's intended. Not sure if you've ever had a 3hr 80 vs 80 fight, it's the pinnacle of what this game has to offer. I like strategies and leading TWs, on a smaller scale the TW is more prone to one side having a few OP toons tipping the balance than on a larger scale where the gear average and strategies makes more of a difference, coordination, timing and squad cohesion come into play more.

Also at the time when Relic and Dynasty 1st went head to head we were having 3 hour back and forth TWs when we were bolstered by a contingent from Vex (which fell apart for various reasons) that was perfect TW, but then when the leadership of Vex (Biggie and Val and crew) and also Troya leadership (Cino and crew) and also a few from Regen came across to Dynasty which tipped the scales too much. That was the point at which there was no need to change anything, if you're having 3hr TWs why recruit so many good geared toons? Greed? Desire to win? Before this it was a stalemate, the defender could always win.

So by the time Tempest and Relic merge happened Dynasty was one push rolling both, so the merger was great for both sides.

Also the last server wide gank was a very close call, Dynasty had taken down all towers and had the crystal at 14m, they started off very well, but threw away that TW when their barbs came running into our base with zero support.

Dynasty has the option to merge with either BootyCamp Equinox or Kindrid but for mergers to happen you need to have willing non egotistic leaderships willing to share power, like we had in the Tempest and Relic merger, that doesn't work in dictator style factions, where ex-Leaders are unwilling to 'bend the knee'.

Current state of the server there are barely enough players to make two factions that can field 80 hence the best option is still a server merge. The fact that Tempest can defend all the other factions on DW at the same time is testament to this.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Trust me... you don't want to be merged with RT.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    Trust me... you don't want to be merged with RT.

we should give it a try D:
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There's plenty of people around, they just don't want to tw. The entire server population isn't based on just the population of the server's tw factions, fyi.
    edited September 2014
    There's plenty of people around, they just don't want to tw. The entire server population isn't based on just the population of the server's tw factions, fyi.

They are free to carry on not TW'ing this won't affect them, might even give them more people to do PvE with/make new friends with/recruit others from RT that also don't TW, boost NW numbers, etc.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ill ignore the wall of lies and false information...

I dont think server merge are needed, would be interesting, but not needed.
    The problem is people that see TWs in a wrong way, more factions with 50-70 actives for TW would be better than 2 with 80 and 4 with 30, but people cant take losing so they group up and say they want fun TWs when they dont let other factions recruit more by overrecuiting, recruiting people from other TW factions, trying to block factions from attacking eachother etc.
    Whats needed is better leaderships, and ppl with balls to STAY in their factions rather than hop to the one that promesses endless wins at the cost of ruining fun.
    edited September 2014
    Ill ignore the wall of lies and false information...

I dont think server merge are needed, would be interesting, but not needed.
    The problem is people that see TWs in a wrong way, more factions with 50-70 actives for TW would be better than 2 with 80 and 4 with 30, but people cant take losing so they group up and say they want fun TWs when they dont let other factions recruit more by overrecuiting, recruiting people from other TW factions, trying to block factions from attacking eachother etc.
    Whats needed is better leaderships, and ppl with balls to STAY in their factions rather than hop to the one that promesses endless wins at the cost of ruining fun.

That rage.

1. Fun TWs - we had these at the start of the merge before your members started dwindling and you couldn't motivate them to come TW anymore. They couldn't take losing is that why they don't come TW?

2. Over recruiting - there are loads of people that we denied as we knew they would go to Dynasty instead, two of your best geared archers is an example, another is one of your top mystics, the list could go on. Also when the tables were turned last season I didn't see Dyna stop recruiting all the people that wanted to go there? Whats good for the goose isn't good for the gander? Those are probably the same people that don't come TW anymore.

3. Poaching - We haven't tried to recruit anyone from your faction, nor do we want to, the members I cannot speak for but the officers most definitely haven't, whereas you have actively tried recruiting our members/even officers which is fine if they prefer to go there we don't have a problem with it, people should go where they are happy and want to play. The only ones that came to Tempest from Dynasty recently have had legit reasons, and losing wasn't one. Look in your own faction before you blame others for your problems.

4. Blocking factions - We've allowed you free reign to attack anyone you want all season, we could have blocked you from BC but we specifically chose not to. However last season what was Dynasty's main goal was to block Tempest and Relic. Which you did.

5. Staying in factions - so what do you call Biggie Fenrir Cino all hopping to Dynasty to instawin last season with their close cliques, they all were LEADERS of their factions and they abandoned them to go to Dynasty. I also just named three of the servers best geared catabarbs btw.

The Tempest Relic merge retained all the people from Relic barring a very small few (3-4 people that Tempest wouldn't accept under any circumstances) so that friends could stick together and it was an actual faction merge, unlike the Vex, Troya, Kindrids that abandoned their factions to go to the winning faction at the time.

Bearing all the points above in mind, I'll still stop short of calling you a hypocrite. xD
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Merge HL too and make it a PVP server plox.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited September 2014
    Merge HL too and make it a PVP server plox.

Shoo no one wants you Harshlanders, you can stay put and play with each other!
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited September 2014
    fine fine... here is the answer XD

1. TWs were fun untill gear gap became stupidly insane, check your own or Kalo's videos for example, how many ppl u kill in 1 min, or see how hard u guys hit on our best geared people, i would say 1/3 of faction is dead all the time, or getting 1 shot, i dont complain for myself, but i understand people that say: whats the point of going against 2-3 ppl that will always 1 shot me and they stay together instead of against so that would balance TWs.
    When some people got OP set of cards TW got unbalanced, if u cant see that yet, u need to open your eyes, thats when they stop being fun, when half a faction is a 1 shot.

2.Tempest even defended a 4 way gank, which means u have more than enough ppl for TW, that being 80+ every weekend, yet i still see WCs all the time. i wont tell u how to run your faction ofc, but for example, when dynasty was getting 80+ every week last season, we stopped WCs and told our ppl try not to recruit so that flow of ppl go elsewhere and is better for us. Having people sitting there waiting for a gank in order to be able to TW is not good, especially cause usually will be the charmless or less geared ones.

3. I never said you tried to recruit people from Dynasty, i actually meant from other factions, but u said it yourself, ppl went there. But yes, recently we got a new member, and the day he joined he started getting pm's from tempest to go there till he did. hmm how u call that?

4. I read in a post, yours i think, that how good was that Dynasty had a land touching 1k, cause it means a better chance for a gank, and that would make and even funnier TW, so, why u guys attacked that land??? are u afraid of that attack?? i dont think so... maybe there are other reasons, i dont think Tempest right now could be afraid of any attack. And about last season Dynasty blocking relc, hmm if someone told u that we wanted to block relic from attacking Tempest i tell u now: we dont work for others lol, and Tempest was happy u couldnt reach them anyway.

5. I can speak for Cino, fen, and biggy cause i talked personally with all of them, and the reason they came to dynasty was because they didnt wanna lead anymore, and staying meant still being involved. We never "merge" with anyone, even though i dont see a merge as something bad... beside none of them got officers positions or anything, or were offered, they came as normal members, and some ppl decided to follow them, and i think half were accepted at the most, even if u take troya, kindrid and Vex ppl, u would have around 30, and in a period of a year, not all together.
    Kindrid still exists and is a great TW faction, troya become non TW cause members didnt feel like it anymore, and Vex continued for a while, then disbanded i think.

40 active people can make a good TW faction, if they work on improve from there, i dont think a TW that doesnt have 80 vs 80 or last 3 hours isnt fun, we have had great TWs that lasted 60-90min too, and even some defeats of 30min that had awesome moments.

Dark, be happy, you are in the winning faction!!!! when you couldnt win, i read posts of make fact 100 ppl and TWs of 40 max, now you are winning and want server merge, be happy with what you have, if u arent happy now on the top, u never will, or it means you are doing something wrong.

Anyways, i hope TWs balance out soon, would be awesome to have even TWs with chances for either side, that would make those TWs last long and be interesting...
    b:bye

I hate walls of texts, even mines.... especially mines!!! typos everywhere!!!!b:laugh
  • bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Recently several mid to small factions teamed up to attack one of the big steamroller factions on my server, all attacking at the same time in different territories. No problem for the big faction thanks to the insanely OP gear owned by about 6 of their players. They sent two or so OP players to each TW, and simply ROFL stomped the challengers. They were impervious while mowing down challengers with one shot after one shot. If you were a challenger with what was considered pretty decent gear not too long ago, all you could do was jostle with your teammates over who would get one shot next.

I really don't think server merges will help this situation. It does not matter how many members a faction can field, all that matters is having a handful of fully tricked out Max OP gear players.
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    Friendships, politics, dislikes of other leaderships are the reasons I'd prefer to stay where I am and probably most of my friends. Tempest leadership was the only one I could see Relic's getting along with so that's why I approached them and none of the other TW factions.

Just because you are not in the same factions as your friends doen't mean you can't talk or play with the, or do things with them. I join Dyna / Tempest NW squads. BH squad have people from all factions, and other instances I rarely ever see full faction squads (generally they form during reset when i'm sleeping, but only a few handful of squads are full 1 faction). Also, in my opinion, its a lot of fun fighting friends in TW and NW. I remember a NW when your sqd and Kalo squad were in opposing nations, and every fight, you guys would go to the same land and fight each other. Because you know the gears were balanced, and you never got a chance to fight against your own friends in TW. And Leaderships suck. They always have sucked, and always will suck. Just because you don't like the current president maybe, doesn't mean you move out of the country. You just do your thing, and let him / her do theirs. I'd like to lead a faction my way and all too, but doesn't mean i'm just going to make a new faction. And Politics? its a FREAKIN' GAME. Ignore that stuff. You're here to play, not to join the Senate and determine law and order in your faction.b:shutup

At this stage of the game, anything that isn't 80 vs 80 with a strong mix of r9rr isn't fun, the lag is a small sacrifice to pay for TW on a grand scale as it's intended. Not sure if you've ever had a 3hr 80 vs 80 fight, it's the pinnacle of what this game has to offer. I like strategies and leading TWs, on a smaller scale the TW is more prone to one side having a few OP toons tipping the balance than on a larger scale where the gear average and strategies makes more of a difference, coordination, timing and squad cohesion come into play more.

Um lol? 60 v 60 is enough to fill up a TW map, you don't really need 80. And if everyoen is a lower gear set, its essentially R9RR. Instead of hitting 5ks, people hit 2k, but instead of 50k barbs, they have 2k barbs. PWI can multiply everything by 10 (hp, dmg, etc..), and it can look "more fun" but it essentially the same thing...

If you had 80 on 80, but everyone was in TT 90 gear, you would call that not fun? Everyone in the same gear range, its a skill fight. And damage and everything else would be proportional. And you could have a great back and forth 3 hour TW. You can have good squad cohesion, coordination, timing, and no worrying about one faction having more "OPs" because everyone is in TT90.

Also at the time when Relic and Dynasty 1st went head to head we were having 3 hour back and forth TWs when we were bolstered by a contingent from Vex (which fell apart for various reasons) that was perfect TW, but then when the leadership of Vex (Biggie and Val and crew) and also Troya leadership (Cino and crew) and also a few from Regen came across to Dynasty which tipped the scales too much. That was the point at which there was no need to change anything, if you're having 3hr TWs why recruit so many good geared toons? Greed? Desire to win? Before this it was a stalemate, the defender could always win.

From what I heard, they didn't just jump ship or do a merge. There was drama and chaos in some of those faction that resulted in people seperating. Val & Biggie had a good standing relationship with Dyna and so they went there, but not everyone followed. Some went to relic, some BC, and some Kindrid & EQ. As for troya, well cino and maybe a few went to Dyna, but Rafa (probably one of the best barbs on the server) and his cleric wife and bunch of other troya members went to BootyCamp.

So by the time Tempest and Relic merge happened Dynasty was one push rolling both, so the merger was great for both sides.

Makes sense. You wanted a more competitive TW where you weren't out gunned either on numbers or gear.

Also the last server wide gank was a very close call, Dynasty had taken down all towers and had the crystal at 14m, they started off very well, but threw away that TW when their barbs came running into our base with zero support.

No comment as I was away for a wedding. Nor do I run Dyna TWs.

Dynasty has the option to merge with either BootyCamp Equinox or Kindrid but for mergers to happen you need to have willing non egotistic leaderships willing to share power, like we had in the Tempest and Relic merger, that doesn't work in dictator style factions, where ex-Leaders are unwilling to 'bend the knee'.

Nothing to do with the "bend the knee". These factions like doing different things their way. This whole merge happened once Deathproof came into leadership position and he did not build tempest his way and do his thing. EQ, BC, Kindrid, Dyna started with an identity, and mission from its leaders, and they keep that mission going. So people who may not fit into one, can fit into another. They create a different style of community and each have unique leadership so players can be attracted to different factions.

Current state of the server there are barely enough players to make two factions that can field 80 hence the best option is still a server merge. The fact that Tempest can defend all the other factions on DW at the same time is testament to this.
    Pretty sure dyna puts out 60-70, Booty 40-60, EQ and Kindrid about 60 each. Could easily technically have 80 on 80 TWs.

so yea....
    and maybe if people liked TWing against the people in tempest, they would merge. But I don't think that's the case... b:chuckle
    YOUTUBE:

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Shoo no one wants you Harshlanders, you can stay put and play with each other!

But we want some fun too! ):
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    Klinsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Make it happen guys!
    No! This would be terrible.

Let's never merge servers. That would be rude and inconsiderate. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    {Response to Dragslave}

1. Exact same thing happened when Merangelus A_Raft Drakira AznBloodV and a few others joined Dynasty from when God split up and I went with Plague to Relic and Mera took his friends to Dynasty. At that time Tempest and Dynasty were having good fights, but when you drop those kinda players who at the time had maxed out gears into the mix it makes a big diffrence, look at Aeliah's old videos it was the same thing that squad was unstoppable, I didn't see Tempest QQ about it like you guys, you have even a term for it, like it's trending on twitter #GearGap lol did you ask them to split from their friends evenly into the different TW factions back then, so why expect us to leave our friends?

A few OP players is where tactics come into play this is where you organise your teams and combat those strengths, in all of our TWs there is only one cleric that would insta SOG me upon sight, Aubree. This is a common strategy used on other servers vs the several few 'OP' toons in opposing TW teams. And it works very well.

2. We recruit yes, because we want an active full community, do you see me send any messages about TW? Most of the people we have recruited recently are like barely g16 gears, who just want an active home, so many dead factions out there with no one to do even PvE with. We're more than just a TW faction.

3. As far as I know that member went to Dyna to avoid a certain person from Tempest when they came back to the game and ended up seeing that person in Dyna. (btw if that person thinks this is untrue and wants me to remove this bit I can)

4. We spoke to your leader he had no interest in a gank or even attacking us, so we are taking that land, if you want to keep it or have problems with us taking it, defend it by all means.

5. Sure, they wanted to join the winning faction because of ... reasons, sounds legit, the fact remains they went from a leader of a faction they had pretty much built to the winning faction on the time, sugarcoat it how you want the reality and the impact of it remains the same, it swung the balance massively for Dyna vs Relic fights, but we didn't QQ about it, like you guys seem to be doing now, we just moved on wards and did the best thing we could, i.e. the merge.

There aren't that many people that TW or have gear for TW or want to TW to start new factions and build them up, people move in circles and go from one faction to another, merges are better they retain the communities. Ofc you said it yourself Dynasty doesn't do mergers, or offer officer positions, ofc this setup wont work in your type of faction.

I won't respond to the bait at the end, maybe you're upset of something idk, Wacky is pretty depressed from what I hear, his members don't even want to fight us. I'm very happy thanks for asking though, and I still think the merge is a great idea for us all. Maybe we'll get factions/leaderships that actually are up for a challenge.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    {Response to Dragslave}

1. Exact same thing happened when Merangelus A_Raft Drakira AznBloodV and a few others joined Dynasty from when God split up and I went with Plague to Relic and Mera took his friends to Dynasty. At that time Tempest and Dynasty were having good fights, but when you drop those kinda players who at the time had maxed out gears into the mix it makes a big diffrence, look at Aeliah's old videos it was the same thing that squad was unstoppable, I didn't see Tempest QQ about it like you guys, you have even a term for it, like it's trending on twitter #GearGap lol did you ask them to split from their friends evenly into the different TW factions back then, so why expect us to leave our friends?

Clearly you don't understand how the game has changed. During those times, the Gear gap wasn't as insane as its become now. Cards have created such a larger gear gap from good, great, and OP players. I have good gear, +10, weapon +12, immac shards, and A cards only 1 max. Great gear is either +10/10 gear + JOSDs or Dietys or good cards max leveled. OP gear is everything.
    YOUTUBE:

edited September 2014
    {Response to Dragslave}

Comparing mera, feather Drak and Azn, with 40 ppl that join a fact in 1 day, and 20 of thse with same level of gear as those 4... lol
    Like it or not, geargap makes a difference, or does any dyna goes around 1 shotting Kalo and i missed it?
    Even if we got people from otehr factions we never rolled tempest in 15-20 min, so there is a big difference

A few OP players is where tactics come into play this is where you organise your teams and combat those strengths, in all of our TWs there is only one cleric that would insta SOG me upon sight, Aubree. This is a common strategy used on other servers vs the several few 'OP' toons in opposing TW teams. And it works very well.

2. We recruit yes, because we want an active full community, do you see me send any messages about TW? Most of the people we have recruited recently are like barely g16 gears, who just want an active home, so many dead factions out there with no one to do even PvE with. We're more than just a TW faction.

So you do keep recruiting even if u have 80+ online people for every TW, how much more activeness you need, but ok, to each its own.

3. As far as I know that member went to Dyna to avoid a certain person from Tempest when they came back to the game and ended up seeing that person in Dyna. (btw if that person thinks this is untrue and wants me to remove this bit I can)

Either we are talking of a different member or u are unaware of this situation, but i agree, lets leave personal issues or whatever of a member to themselves.

4. We spoke to your leader he had no interest in a gank or even attacking us, so we are taking that land, if you want to keep it or have problems with us taking it, defend it by all means.

I dont know if u spoke to taffy or not, but organizing a gank would be breaking a rule, so i dont think anyone would go and tell u, yes we're ganking u! LOL

5. Sure, they wanted to join the winning faction because of ... reasons, sounds legit, the fact remains they went from a leader of a faction they had pretty much built to the winning faction on the time, sugarcoat it how you want the reality and the impact of it remains the same, it swung the balance massively for Dyna vs Relic fights, but we didn't QQ about it, like you guys seem to be doing now, we just moved on wards and did the best thing we could, i.e. the merge.

NO QQ?

There aren't that many people that TW or have gear for TW or want to TW to start new factions and build them up, people move in circles and go from one faction to another, merges are better they retain the communities. Ofc you said it yourself Dynasty doesn't do mergers, or offer officer positions, ofc this setup wont work in your type of faction.

there are many people that TW, more than u know, and the fact that Dynasty choses not to merge with anyone, doesnt make merges bad, we just like to be ourselves, include people at normal rates, have our own way as we always had. We had horrible TW moments in the past, this is not that bad tbh... just annoying that we lose for gear only.

I won't respond to the bait at the end, maybe you're upset of something idk, Wacky is pretty depressed from what I hear, his members don't even want to fight us. I'm very happy thanks for asking though, and I still think the merge is a great idea for us all. Maybe we'll get factions/leaderships that actually are up for a challenge.

Wacky depressed? Do you realize this is a game, not sport or a job or anything else? u might win or lose, u might get mad for like 10min, but thats it, there is life outside of here lol
    And about why people dont wanna fight, is not they dont wanna fight tempest, they want to avoid a few that makes TW not fun, and also are jerks about it, i wont give names, there is no point since if anyone reports soemthing officers say: idc.

Going back to the server merge cause post went elsewhere...
    I dont feel like is necesary, would just bring new drama, but would also be nice to see activity levels of the server increase, more now that FC hypering is off, more chances for low levels to get squads done for PVs, and so on.
    About TW, would be interesting to see the map with more TW factions, would be interesting to get to know the level of players in those factions, but as long as they stay separate, if they start getting absorbed into other factions, would be pointless to merge.
    But im confident there has to be ancient dinosaurs factions like Dyna tempest and so on in other servers that would stick like they are for the fun of it.
    But the biggest win wouldnt be TW, would be increase on activities, though doing dailies would be a pain lol.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am not completely against the server merges, but I do see an issue with faction merges.

That is this:

Numbers.

Plain and simple as that.

Lets say dyna's/tempest main 60/80/90 or however many shows up, lets just assume they get 'first' pick on which faction they wish to stay in/go to, and they all decide to go, then their counterparts in QQme/vicious/wherever have 130 (exaggerating... but yea bare with me, but also want to go) the 'new' faction be it a merge into dyna, or into vicious there would only be space for 200 total. Meaning people would get left out of the merger. ;/

That's not even counting the ones who have been in those faction for a while, but haven't been able to go to tw for various but absolutely understandable reasons, and the leaders or whichever faction he or she is in, knows they are a very valuable asset to have in faction when their time/feel up to joining back into TW (not nw).

--

As for the bit about faction merging with dyna, to be honest no one could stop a merger from happening, especially if a select group of people/the 'right' person makes the right statement/post or whatever and a bit of a revolt happens and the faction loses a significant amount of their key players to another single faction. (It could happen to ANY faction, be they small, or large, but they still wouldn't change the fact that factions DO have limited space.)

--

As for people being 'afraid'... i personally feel people are too discouraged to continue fighting a loosing fight at the moment, people are undoubtedly getting tired/fed up with being rolled. (or that is what some people are calling it... personally i feel 25minutes give or take isn't completely a 'roll'... but aye dyna could be doing alot better, but they most certainly could be doing a hell of a lot worse.) Its like that old saying, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is just pure insanity or something like that. (Perhaps some of dyna members are living by this a little too much, but meh there is no denying morale does seem to be down/the willingness to fight and try to overcome stupid ridiculous odds is almost non-existent.... namely the ability that godly gear gives people the leeway to do insanely stupid things even against those in semi-godly gear themselves. Really though it not just dyna that experiences that, it's very easy to feel overwhelmed by the gear gap in this game sadly... in other words its easy to feel overwhlemed by this or that, and just not show up regardless of who you are/where your from.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As someone who played on RT server, I do not want a merge. I have since abandoned my characters on that server because i really did not like the community there, and found way more players with nasty attitudes on rt than dw. (that's a bit generalizing, but all of my friends from RT left the server for those reasons so I had no reason to make myself stay anymore)

Again, there were some amazingly wonderful people on RT, but all the ones I knew since left for other servers as I did. My personal opinion, but I would never want to get stuck with rt again...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demonangle - Raging Tide
    Demonangle - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i really like this idea would like to meet new players we need more on rt server b:thanks
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    Really though it not just dyna that experiences that, it's very easy to feel overwhelmed by the gear gap in this game sadly... in other words its easy to feel overwhlemed by this or that, and just not show up regardless of who you are/where your from.
    +1

I hope that PWI wont bring out any other new cards (the S+) or make any other cap higher.
    Just let other catch up xD pls
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Let's not merge. We have enough e-pixel-peen idiot world chats from the PvP folks we have now. We don't need DWs as well
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    But we want some fun too! ):

You do not want to merge with a rotten server like dreamweaver.

Dreamweaver
    http://gyazo.com/71c69c321bdcaf6dde62bec9e7a2658a

This is a terrible idea and if I was on raging tides I would strongly oppose it because Dreamweaver is a rotten server with a disgusting rotten economy.

Raging tides
    http://gyazo.com/cfbf2e494e7ed1039bddad7fd7fe0ea7

The good thing would be bots from both server would have to compete for spot so less coins generated from bots I guess...
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones