Will PWI raise AH cap or help increase value of coins?

jwillson123
jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Will PWI raise AH cap or help fix coins inflation?

In most servers gold in AH bids is at cap with over 100+ bids

Now it takes like 3 days to get your gold you needed before It would take only few hours.

Will earning help recover the value of coins or it is too late?

or will pwi do nothing?

Coins have lost so much value that people overpaid for items because they do not care for coins since they bot heavily and get them for no effort at all.

will pwi introduce coins sinks or cut the production of coins to help balance the value of coins.
Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
> Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
Post edited by jwillson123 on

Comments

• LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Even as a frequent gold/boutique item seller I'm against a cap increase. Gold at basically 4m each is high enough and does not need to go higher. It will alienate people that need and use coins for in game items that are not boutique items. Increase the cap and all of a sudden someone is paying 150m for standard T3 gear because cap is 5 or 6 mill or worse.

So no, leave it as is. There has been a sharp decrease in the bots you hate, and in time coins will possibly become less abundant with the exception of those of us who have an abundance of coin from various methods.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Even as a frequent gold/boutique item seller I'm against a cap increase. Gold at basically 4m each is high enough and does not need to go higher. It will alienate people that need and use coins for in game items that are not boutique items. Increase the cap and all of a sudden someone is paying 150m for standard T3 gear because cap is 5 or 6 mill or worse.

They are already been alienated since now basically all the endgame gear & items are catshop only, or said items have a ridiculous paywall that makes farming them not worth it.

Capping gold price at the current state of the game, only promotes the increase of the gold "black market", where sellers offers their "gold" for prices above 4M (there is already people WC on RT 'bout selling/buying gold beyond AH price), and give you the items instead, or simply sell the CS items using black market gold value for pricing.
    So no, leave it as is. There has been a sharp decrease in the bots you hate, and in time coins will possibly become less abundant with the exception of those of us who have an abundance of coin from various methods.

The earning time is only a placebo. It is working at the moment because most bot farmers had only one character leveled up for 24/7 farming. Once they have 3 characters leveled per account, earning time is not gonna be an issue anymore since they only need to rotate between chars every 8 hours.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The earning time is only a placebo. It is working at the moment because most bot farmers had only one character leveled up for 24/7 farming. Once they have 3 characters leveled per account, earning time is not gonna be an issue anymore since they only need to rotate between chars every 8 hours.
    This is so true.
    FC hypers being disabled put some of us ahead of this curve. I already had enough alts from FC abuse the last few years to still maintain 2 bot sites with the new earning time. b:victory
    Already seeing new neighboring bots that are obvious new alts of familiar ones.
  • SliverRage - Heavens Tear
    SliverRage - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm sorry but I don't see how Botting has anything to do with the inflation of gold prices. It’s not like there is some greedy SOB trying to hoard all the in game coins like in the real world. How I see it is, there are less cash shoppers selling their gold than before and wanting the most out of it.

Simple economics, supply and demand would teach us if the supply is low and demand is high then the cost goes up. And since everyone goes off of what the price of gold is to price their non-gold items then of course everything else in game would go up just the same.

Years ago 1g = 500,000 and a plat charm would be worth around 1m, now depending on server, 1g is about 4m roughly 8X’s what it once was and a plat charm is around 8m give or take, which is what oh yeah X8 times what it once was. This has nothing to do with botting, what botting does as I see it allows people who didn't have time before to farm for coin because of work or other real life issues to keep up with their coin intake so that they have the money to purchase items once they're able to sit and play.

I'm sure it’s not only the non-botters that are complaining, nor is it the people that only have and ever will play for free, but I would bet these two groups are the majority of those complaining. So I would suggest that you figure out how to Bot so you have the coin to buy stuff as well or spend real money (that is why there is a cash shop and how this company is able to pay for the servers and staff to bring us this game) for gold yourself and sell it for whatever price you see fit.

Plus if you really want to bring the gold price down a true fix then would be buy the gold yourself and sell it at a more competitive price, and or get everyone from buying gold at a price higher than you think its worth. Problem is that some people might not want to wait or will think it’s worth more so I'd stick to the first option.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited September 2014

A better method would to add more methods of farming in the game... farming through effort and time, not just... sheer OP-ness.

In one game I played (begins with A ends with N and is four letters). What I loved was the exorbitant amount of materials to dig, and there was a air mat you could mine - to help you morph what you could not dig or did not have time to dig (you also needed a food item in addition to do this). It was akin to our system in that you had to make many items to make more items, to make more items.

The plants were everywhere - not as EXTREMELY sparse as on PWI.

Alchemy was a big part of it and we had nothing like charms. We also had food and drink that increased our stats, but also varied them. There was an endless amount of selections. We also could make fast running scrolls, a temp shield scroll and so very much.. like increasing flying speed.

The thing is - if we invested time into our digging, into our crafting.. we did turn a nice dime and it made people even more self-sufficient.

The key is - adding things like this to the economy to help stabilize it.

We could craft our own gear as we do now, but we could also skin gear that we liked - that is those weapon skins we buy. We could also craft them, abet it took farming, and time - to get all of the materials..

My point is - we have an amazing community - something my other game was severely lacking... something many games lack.

But it's our economy that takes the continued hit.

What I did in that game -- helped because again -- none of what I did, was based upon how many refines I had, or etc. We had to get out there and dig and often fight off mobs or PvPers to get those mats.

When I made a very nice helm (which SHOWED by the way) -- I was so proud, even though it took some time to make. Since others made the same, it kept my prices low.

My point is -- being self sufficient is important, and using the cash shop for convenience is key. In that game, people buy skins. For their wings, it is our fashion (we skin our armor) and of course our helms show (but we don't have wigs).

We also have auto-loot pets, pets that feed us potions/food/drink at intervals, and the biggest > pack pets (they carry inventory with them) and are in varying sizes.

There is one difference there - when you dig, you do it by points and can't just go out and dig anything because you are that level. You must level your points and learn the next range of digging from amature to master, etc.

This keeps people from just getting out there and digging. You must work up to the better things.. and it takes time.

To get to the max digging takes time and has a level requirement.

My point is... your gear does not benefit you in this at all.. less your attacked in PvP or by a mob.

We need something to even things out.... and that has check and balances.. to keep botters at bay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm sorry but I don't see how Botting has anything to do with the inflation of gold prices. It’s not like there is some greedy SOB trying to hoard all the in game coins like in the real world. How I see it is, there are less cash shoppers selling their gold than before and wanting the most out of it.

Simple economics, supply and demand would teach us if the supply is low and demand is high then the cost goes up. And since everyone goes off of what the price of gold is to price their non-gold items then of course everything else in game would go up just the same.

This was discussed on another thread a few weeks ago. And one of the thing it came out about differences on gold price between PvE and PvP servers is bots. PvP servers can control bot farming by PKing the bots, hence they have lower coin generation compared to PvE servers and becuse of that their gold prices were lower compared to PvE servers.

We all agree is not the only factor, but is one of the main factors at current game state, along BHs and Jones Quests.

Years ago 1g = 500,000 and a plat charm would be worth around 1m, now depending on server, 1g is about 4m roughly 8X’s what it once was and a plat charm is around 8m give or take, which is what oh yeah X8 times what it once was. This has nothing to do with botting, what botting does as I see it allows people who didn't have time before to farm for coin because of work or other real life issues to keep up with their coin intake so that they have the money to purchase items once they're able to sit and play.

Supply and demand also is affected by currency availability also. That's why countries suffers inflation and devaluation of their currency as their national product increases, or if is artificially increased by printing money non stop just for the heck of it.

I remember when RT server came up, some super genius placed gold on AH at 400,000 coins. No one purchased any and quickly dropped to about 200K, which was closer to the real amount of coins each char had at the start.
    I'm sure it’s not only the non-botters that are complaining, nor is it the people that only have and ever will play for free, but I would bet these two groups are the majority of those complaining. So I would suggest that you figure out how to Bot so you have the coin to buy stuff as well or spend real money (that is why there is a cash shop and how this company is able to pay for the servers and staff to bring us this game) for gold yourself and sell it for whatever price you see fit.

The thing is, you shouldn't be botting to 'enjoy' the game. Not to play a game to be able play the game is not what I can call entertainment.

Many of us are complaining not because the botting, is because of the insane paywall the game has placed in front of all of us, where your only chances are turn the "game" into a part-time job managing your armies of bots to have enough coins to purchase anything, or swipe your credit card and skip the grind/farm hassle by purchasing the items straight from the cash shop; or sell them on the AH and then purchase the items with coins from another player.
    Plus if you really want to bring the gold price down a true fix then would be buy the gold yourself and sell it at a more competitive price, and or get everyone from buying gold at a price higher than you think its worth. Problem is that some people might not want to wait or will think it’s worth more so I'd stick to the first option.

If you sell gold in the AH is because you wanna make a profit, and you will sell it at the highest possible. So I don't think it'll work either.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jwillson123
    edited September 2014

Santuary

http://gyazo.com/928c4491e5ec559a8881ee13439e3c00

check your server prices

Heaven tears

http://gyazo.com/54baf776745f01413ca4e654c09815a2

Go To PVP Server where they kill bots.

Lost city

http://gyazo.com/989fdc4e478d36689667c28ebb666b52

PVP servers where the most expensive last year and now they so cheap can you explain why gold there at 2 million and is not related to bots?

This is my server:
    Dreamweaver
    http://gyazo.com/71c69c321bdcaf6dde62bec9e7a2658a
    So you want me to cash over 500$ a day to help fix the situation wtf seriously?

Before if people did not had time to invest in the game to compete they would cash and that how it should be!
    Now many people who cashed now bot instead!!! Getting coins without investing time or money!
    Not only that now they buying Gold in AH too!!!
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lol that's horrible. How do you guys make progress on your gear in a garbage economy like that?
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lol that's horrible. How do you guys make progress on your gear in a garbage economy like that?

Rarer items from packs are 2X what they were several months ago.

I remember when I played the PvP servers - they'd quickly find and kill (and re-kill and re-kill) bots that dug the higher level mats).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I vote they should remove 10m bank notes AND clear out coins in the bank and stash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SliverRage - Heavens Tear
    SliverRage - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    First off I agree with YING there needs to be ways of non-OP to make money since most people can't solo TT or such things.

We all agree is not the only factor, but is one of the main factors at current game state.

I disagree, before botting I didn't have time to farm, I barely had time to play to do dailys or a TW. No matter what I did I was always 2 or 3 steps behind in gear to those that could nirvy all day or the greedy ones that would only take OP people.

Now botting while I'm working I have a full set s3 armor +10 weapon and almost enough coin for full rank9 gear. I don't see how botting has hurt me one bit.

Supply and demand also is affected by currency availability also. That's why countries suffers inflation and devaluation of their currency as their national product increases, or if is artificially increased by printing money non stop just for the heck of it.

I remember when RT server came up, some super genius placed gold on AH at 400,000 coins. No one purchased any and quickly dropped to about 200K, which was closer to the real amount of coins each char had at the start.

PWI isn't just printing money for the heck of it. A players toon actually has to go out and do something for it. Its not wasting time pulling weeds, or cat shopping for months in a B/S shop, but the amount of coin is controlled by the level, strenght, and somewhat how you have your toon made, and the time put into it. Yes I go through charms which requires me to buy more which gives money to the cat shoppers that don't bot, but its not free money.

The thing is, you shouldn't be botting to 'enjoy' the game. Not to play a game to be able play the game is not what I can call entertainment.

I agree sitting there watching your bot isn't fun or i'm guessing thats what you were going for, but I'm not sitting there watching I'm out working, spending time with my family, watching a movie and when I have time to game I got more coin in my pocket and off to WS I go to have fun.

Botting isn't the problem, people are the problem. When sins came out and the aps race was on they said if you don't like it change toons, when gold double they said if you don't like it don't buy it, now that I find it easier to farm rank 9 after years of putting my hard earn dollar into keeping this game alive people are complaining everything cost to much, and I say guess the heck what its a play for free game not be Rich for free, not be OP for free, not get everything I want for free. If you want something spend real money and support the game you love or figure out the best way for you to farm it botting is just one of those options.

Oh and BTW to every complainer out there. There is plenty of people in this game that wear npc gear and don't spend a dollar on this game and don't even have a lvl 100 toon after playing for over a year, and you may wonder why its because they have fun just running with their friends or meeting new people for different lands they find the simple things to enjoy. So either spend no money, or no time earning in-game money and find more simple enjoyment from the game or for get this free to play business and buy your gear like most of the OP people did.

As for the OP people that read this quit lyeing about farming your gear a select few might have but the rest of you didn't or PWI wouldn't have the money to fun this game.

If you sell gold in the AH is because you wanna make a profit, and you will sell it at the highest possible.

Whats the bigest problem in game again? Again I say its the people and you hit the nail on the head right there. People willl always want the most, more, all they can get for as little effort as possible. So yeah your not going to have a group trying to undercut prices, and even if PWI pulled all the money and set limits on gold trading your still going to have group of OP people that spend the money or time and the other 90% that don't but complain about things they still can't afford.

I quoted you but this isn't directed just to you just more of reply to what I know other people are thinking. So please don't take any of this as an attack to you has a person.

However to the complaining population at whole. If you don't like the in-game prices then support the workers of PWI and buy the darn gold your darn self. The game is only free until they lose money on it and then its gone. Complain about unbalance of toons or glitches, or better content but quit freaking complaining about free stuff, and money because all you have the power to fix that your own darn self.
  • zionwarrior
    zionwarrior Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just a fyi archo servers gold price is still pretty decent for the most part and there are few bots. There are also fewer players so it helps and Gold Ranges from 3M-3.5M usually its been fluxing a bit lately but none at 4M yet and none like what I saw on that heavens tear image which makes me wonder wtf is wrong with that server. Though I left it long ago for a reason and don't regret it.
    340e1f28-2806-453d-8005-5420e7eb9a6b.jpg
    Check my older posts by profile I am far older than 2010 I was from beta just got on forums in 2008 otc for the first time.
  • jwillson123
    edited September 2014
    Just a fyi archo servers gold price is still pretty decent for the most part and there are few bots. There are also fewer players so it helps and Gold Ranges from 3M-3.5M usually its been fluxing a bit lately but none at 4M yet and none like what I saw on that heavens tear image which makes me wonder wtf is wrong with that server. Though I left it long ago for a reason and don't regret it.

fyi Archosaur server was the cheapest server of them all with gold under 2m last year.
    Now Archosaur server is more expensive than pvp servers.

LAST YEAR GOLD PRICES
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19351661&postcount=10

Lost City
    Gold Price= sell 1.988 buy 1.9
    Time between WC=9 seconds
    Archosuar
    Gold Price sell 1.049 buy 1.012

Now:::

Lost city

Archosaur
    http://gyazo.com/d958a11b7e064aa79b6587ade396ef72

Can you explain me what happened???
    Why Lost city went from most expensive server to the cheapest with gold under 3m?
    Why Archosaur is more expensive than both PVP servers?

Its obvious People kill bots in PVP servers.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    fyi Archosaur server was the cheapest server of them all with gold under 2m last year.
    Now Archosaur server is more expensive than pvp servers.

LAST YEAR GOLD PRICES
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19351661&postcount=10

Lost City
    Gold Price= sell 1.988 buy 1.9
    Time between WC=9 seconds
    Archosuar
    Gold Price sell 1.049 buy 1.012

Now:::

Lost city

Archosaur
    http://gyazo.com/d958a11b7e064aa79b6587ade396ef72

Can you explain me what happened???
    Why Lost city went from most expensive server to the cheapest with gold under 3m?
    Why Archosaur is more expensive than both PVP servers?

Its obvious People kill bots in PVP servers.

I think it's a bit more complicated than that. There are 3 times as many PvE servers as there are PvP servers for one. And the PvE servers I visited had economies in the toilet long before botting. Last year when raps were selling for 189K each on Lost they were selling for 80K each on a PvE server.

There are still plenty who bot here and bot PK is most active during a 2x. I still bot until my earning time expires. I'm certain a lot of others do too. When our bots are PK'd they are just reset back to botting. It appears as if people on PvP servers may have a few more cash shoppers than PvE servers. Or we Lost city people are just awesome and it shows.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn