Sep. 24, pw2 will be released in CN (official news), updating

Options

Comments

• mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hoping for some news on the upgrades to r8r. b:pleased
    Also hoping for some news on that, Hopefully, they can make it so it's at least comparable to the G16 sets, all though some people may think it already does. Just to end the speculation i hope they upgrade R8R to R8RR G16, with good stats.
  • hyourinn
    hyourinn Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Well, I am disappointed, no horns, no tail, 100% human races, same old graphics. I am not sure why I was specting something betterb:laugh

Maybe they're using a seeker and mystic to preview stuff? I hope so b:surrender

There were previews of Tideborn that were a bit different than what was final. Not completely sure what this was though. Maybe scrapped prototype? Why do leaks always have half correct info
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    hyourinn wrote: »
    Maybe they're using a seeker and mystic to preview stuff? I hope so b:surrender

There were previews of Tideborn that were a bit different than what was final.
    It's actually how they looked when custom settings were disabled. At least male ones. Don't remember standard females, but previews were pretty accurate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Thilina - Archosaur
    Thilina - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Also hoping for some news on that, Hopefully, they can make it so it's at least comparable to the G16 sets, all though some people may think it already does. Just to end the speculation i hope they upgrade R8R to R8RR G16, with good stats.

It is comparable at least in the case of a sin. I'd take my chances against anything in G16 unless it's like +12 with JoSDs. :D (My r8r is only +7 with mostly perfect citrines lol)
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    But...but...horns? b:sad

Maybe horns are optional, like Earthguard's 3rd eye, I mean you can make an Earthguard toon without 3rd eye. I hope it's the case. Why they don't show the new race with it's racial differences? Stupid. b:shutup

I don't like the way she holds her scythe, but OK. Doesn't matter, really.

But what about their aerogear?

horns...horns...horns...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Those really look like just seekers to me o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    It looks like they used the "basic" anatomy of the earthguards to display the new classes (hairstyle is even EG-specific one). Let's hope next week we have some better displays on testserverb:pleased want horns & dragontailb:victory
  • Merkrue - Raging Tide
    Merkrue - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Is that supposed to be a new race? I don't see anything new about it ._.
    No horns and tails = NO from me.
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hey, they don't have the third eye! b:laugh
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Uh, does anyone know if Bubbles is still playing? She was always our expansion angel with the best info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    b:pleased duh, said in another thread, they could use the swordsman base, and pump out a PW2 in no time---
    re
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The more information we get on this the more underwhelming it seems. I don't see why they are adding another LA melee gap-closer / damage-evading class. Now that every single damn class is a gap-closer they should remove that old-fashioned deadzone archers have been stuck with since 2008.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Promo page. New random dungeon with mats for new r8 sounds fun.

http://event51.wanmei.com/w2i/201408/2014show/index.htm
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

The image of the girl toon bothers me... makes me hopeful..

Remember the images of Venos when PWI came out? They look nothing like them... I really hope they - for once.. look like the toons being advertised.. the long flowing hair - the amazing horns.. etc.

It's like seeing a commercial for any fast food and getting hungry.... then heading out to order it and being so.. very ... let down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The more information we get on this the more underwhelming it seems. I don't see why they are adding another LA melee gap-closer / damage-evading class. Now that every single damn class is a gap-closer they should remove that old-fashioned deadzone archers have been stuck with since 2008.

I am pretty sure they are on a path of creating a game like most new MMOs -every class not being stuck in one role type.
    The image of the girl toon bothers me... makes me hopeful..

Remember the images of Venos when PWI came out? They look nothing like them... I really hope they - for once.. look like the toons being advertised.. the long flowing hair - the amazing horns.. etc.

It's like seeing a commercial for any fast food and getting hungry.... then heading out to order it and being so.. very ... let down.

Most of the art they have done, has nothing to do with what the classes/races will look like. I remember the seeker banners we had here on the forums, they had batwing ears, and wielded daggers...
    re
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Uh, does anyone know if Bubbles is still playing? She was always our expansion angel with the best info.

He/she disappeared around the beginning of this year. I'm not sure if he plays anymore. He hasn't been active on the forums in a long time.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    b:surprised Water mounts. Hope there's a good reason to use those.

Maybe the map will be opened to the east side, allowing us to visit that new land (lost the link for it) and possibly have some reason to use those mounts. Maybe an underwater instance? Who knows...

This is getting very interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    b:surprised Water mounts. Hope there's a good reason to use those.

Maybe the map will be opened to the east side, allowing us to visit that new land (lost the link for it) and possibly have some reason to use those mounts. Maybe an underwater instance? Who knows...

This is getting very interesting.

Lol. Seriously? b:chuckle
    That would be cool if we can explore the east.

I hope the new race has horns in their normal forms. They will definitely get a ghost-like form but we need horns dude. Horns b:dirty
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

I have a full set of r8r sitting on my bank...I'd sure like some info on the new r8 if anyone has it.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    =========09/10 update==============

pwcn site piture change to pw2, so now 100% expansion

new page

nothing new to me. optimal interface....useless to me....

so...

1 new so called random FB, i guess like AEU, drop r8rr mats

2 new classes , talk too much already...

3 kind of gear upgrade: morai, r8r, warsoul weapon

that is.....pw2 expansion....

but maybe some thing hidding, if we check the page of rebirth expansion, they didn't show card introduction at all. But the true is, the most op update is card system. Players found the true until expansion released. so all things shown have to wait until 24th...

i guess they should not add more endgame mat(always need CS) in this expansion. card gap is very large in pwcn, many rich men have 2th rewaken nuema set, though better in pwi.

But guess is guess, we will see at 24th

BTW, pwcn CM said new race flyer is the thing, which is two part, stamped by two feet individuly. many players guess it is wind-fire-wheel, which one traditional flyer in chinese myth
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Wind and fire wheel... After a little research, this is the closest thing I can imagine in PW: http://www.cowboytv.gr/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/NeZhaConcept.png

Let's hope level 30 wind and fire wheels are not something cheesy b:chuckle

Edit: It's wind and fire wheel, not wind and fire heel, sorry for that.
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Wind and fire heel... After a little research, this is the closest thing I can imagine in PW: http://www.cowboytv.gr/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/NeZhaConcept.png

Let's hope level 30 wind and fire heels are not something cheesy b:chuckle

u got it. b:chuckle
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    http://event51.wanmei.com/w2i/201408/2014show/page5.htm

There, if you click on the guy, you can see something like new daily quests/events and zone.

If you click on the girl you can see something related to learn skills, maybe you won't need the trainer anymore.

If you click on the brigde (?), there is something related to the new IU.

They still have no horns/tails, so annoying.

This new zone looks like another game, but I cannot recall which one http://event51.wanmei.com/w2i/201408/2014show/page3.htm
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    attackerv wrote: »

3 kind of gear upgrade: [...] warsoul weapon

b:surprised b:surprised b:surprised

@Fail_Bm: The last link you posted is a new instance. It sure looks interesting, I first thought it was an extension to the western part of the main map until I realized the translation said something about "10 people".
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    b:surprised b:surprised b:surprised

@Fail_Bm: The last link you posted is a new instance. It sure looks interesting, I first thought it was an extension to the western part of the main map until I realized the translation said something about "10 people".

Lol, another place where I am not going.

Also, any news about morai's gear upgrade?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Warsoul upgrade might be interesting and I know some people that will be really happy to hear that.

It seems we're getting a new UI? I am honestly not a fan of the one we have right now so I'm actually happy to see a new one... but I'm not very fond of the colour choice. Then again maybe it looks better in-game than in those screenshots. Either way I'll get used to it so it doesn't matter.

Square mini-map is going to be really weird though, after having played with a round one for 6 years.
  • Merkrue - Raging Tide
    Merkrue - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    This new zone looks like another game, but I cannot recall which one http://event51.wanmei.com/w2i/201408/2014show/page3.htm
    Perhaps the zone called Dry Top which was introduced lately in a certain MMORPG related to wars and guilds, with a "2" in its name?
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    He/she disappeared around the beginning of this year. I'm not sure if he plays anymore. He hasn't been active on the forums in a long time.

Awww,that's a shame, she had the best expansion teaser threads and I was always looking forward to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    irony, swordsmans new expansion has desert theme b:chuckle rewash- rewash- rewash
    re
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Meh XD Doesn't matter. It looks cool and another desert area is not a bad idea. We have lots of green and sea areas already ( although sea areas are mostly unused :/ ). It would be cool to get another swamp area too. Though we have a lot of green, I admit we don't have a proper forest area.