Yay, statistics! But...

Fryvorg - Sanctuary
Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Hey, does anyone else wonder about the statistics that's been posted in the latest blog?

The race's distribution might be correct, but the classes' are very confusing. Not only are the labels applied to the wrong class icons, but the charts don't resemble either some labels or icons at all.

The most striking thing to me was: In no way I can see Seekers or Barbarians are the most played class and Assassin in second place.

Then... 23 cat shops opened a day? there are far more cat shops in Archo daily than this. Does that exclude all cat shops that run 24/7 without changes? Or what about those that change their values repeatedly?

Also, I'm not sure what the number of marriage means. 40% of whole population is married? Or 40 couples are married each week?

The gender distribution is interesting, too, I'm pretty sure it would've looked different if they had taken the values from the accounts (where real data is given), not the toons. Well, as far as I can tell about all the trannies I know (myself included :p)...

But I'm very, very surprised this game has 2m active (!) accounts. If the number really was that large, I could think of active toons maybe, but not accounts, especially not active ones. Unless there are a quite a few among them purely created to exploit some promos lol

What are your thoughts?

EDIT: I just saw the latest posts in the Sticky: "Anniversary Part 2!" cover this topic as well, but let's keep it a seperate thread!
World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
Post edited by Fryvorg - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Bloodstains - Dreamweaver
    Bloodstains - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    2mil active accounts.. mostly alts i would say
    100,000 players
    100,000 banks
    1,800,000 JoJ alts
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey, does anyone else wonder about the statistics that's been posted in the latest blog?

The race's distribution might be correct, but the classes' are very confusing. Not only are the labels applied to the wrong class icons, but the charts don't resemble either some labels or icons at all.

The most striking thing to me was: In no way I can see Seekers or Barbarians are the most played class and Assassin in second place.

Then... 23 cat shops opened a day? there are far more cat shops in Archo daily than this. Does that exclude all cat shops that run 24/7 without changes? Or what about those that change their values repeatedly?

Also, I'm not sure what the number of marriage means. 40% of whole population is married? Or 40 couples are married each week?

The gender distribution is interesting, too, I'm pretty sure it would've looked different if they had taken the values from the accounts (where real data is given), not the toons. Well, as far as I can tell about all the trannies I know (myself included :p)...

But I'm very, very surprised this game has 2m active (!) accounts. If the number really was that large, I could think of active toons maybe, but not accounts, especially not active ones. Unless there are a quite a few among them purely created to exploit some promos lol

What are your thoughts?

EDIT: I just saw the latest posts in the Sticky: "Anniversary Part 2!" cover this topic as well, but let's keep it a seperate thread!

Yeah, I think it's pretty cute. The idea that we have 2m active accounts is pretty hilarious. Based on TW/NW numbers (and public events like Tiger event), one can assume that there are probably not much more than 1,000 active players per server. That means that we have less than 10,000 active players in the entire game (all servers combined).

The marriages could be true, but remember that it dates back to 2008; most of those players... No, probably 95% of them that married before 2012 have left the game and/or don't play much.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The facts are probably throughout the game's 6 year presence in North America.

What irritates me the most is that someone goofed and didn't notice they placed the class icons with the wrong data that says a different class. b:cry
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thats 23,000 catshops open a day, not 23
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Then... 23 cat shops opened a day? there are far more cat shops in Archo daily than this.

Erm, the graphic says 23,763. So, twenty-three THOUSAND and some odd cat shops opened each day. ;)
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    b:laugh lol we all know 80% of all females are males.
    Activate players and most of those are bots!
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2014

That would be 23 THOUSAND 763. As in 23763, not 23 POINT 763. Same for the marriages.

So it's 23763 catshops a day and 39787 marriages total.

Remember that a lot of people have at least two accounts.

Also, they don't give any information about what they mean by "active". It could be any account that has been logged into in the last 24 hours, last week, last month, last year.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Don't care much for most of those stats as they are the avg of a 6-year timespan, meaning anything but accurate depiction of the game's statistic as it is now.

How about the average logins p/day, graphed per month/year? That should tell a whole lot more. 2 mil accounts, but howmany of them have logged on in the past months?
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014

What are your thoughts?

It's 23k catshops opened daily. 23 would be a bit small. Honestly that number surprises me a bit, makes me wonder if the system can differentiate between player trades done using the trade window and catshops. Also I wonder how many of those marriages are the same people getting married over and over, either on alts or because of the all break-up/make-ups in this game. xD

As for the class distribution, I can see it. It doesn't say those classes are mains, just that those are the ones created. I think a lot of people made seekers just to try them out, but didn't main them. I know many probably created a seeker to bot aquametals when that came out. Anyway, I think lots of people have seeker alts. Just as I suspect that a lot of the clerics are catshops.

Yeah, I think it's pretty cute. The idea that we have 2m active accounts is pretty hilarious. Based on TW/NW numbers (and public events like Tiger event), one can assume that there are probably not much more than 1,000 active players per server. That means that we have less than 10,000 active players in the entire game (all servers combined).

The marriages could be true, but remember that it dates back to 2008; most of those players... No, probably 95% of them that married before 2012 have left the game and/or don't play much.

Basing it on events would be a really bad idea. TW/NW aren't attended by the majority of the playerbase (especially TW) anymore and and anyway events leave out the entirety of the European population. There is certainly more than 1,000 active accounts per server. I mean one TW faction would be like a fifth of the population if that was true. If you divide up 2 mil people across 8 servers, that''s only 250k active accounts per ser on average. That number would likely get smaller once you controlled for catshops, check-in only people, bank alts, TT, and buff alts. Which are all mostly only used for those purposes only but are likely detected as active by the server. Although since they can track catshop usage, perhaps the kitties aren't included in that number. Also I wonder what the definition of active is as used on this graphic. Still though, your number is way too small.
    Don't care much for most of those stats as they are the avg of a 6-year timespan, meaning anything but accurate depiction of the game's statistic as it is now.

How about the average logins p/day, graphed per month/year? That should tell a whole lot more. 2 mil accounts, but howmany of them have logged on in the past months?

Those are active accounts for the 2 million figure. The number of players they used to have based on what arcgame represented as the number of downloads though has significantly decreased. IDK the exact number, but I mean anyone could tell you that anyway. I'm sure you'd be able to find it you dug around. I know it's over a million people that left assuming the downloads = active accounts. Still 2 mil is quite a large number. Wonder what percentage of them cash shop. At the end though, this company is still called PWE. They may be in the process of rebranding now. But this game has definitely done it's part, as their flagship game, to take them far enough to get these other IPs under their belt. And they even have their first third party game wanting to partner advertise with them and offering downloads through the arc platform. They couldn't have done that if their flagship title was as unsuccessful as people on the forums often potrayed them. If you went by the forums, this game has been "dead" since the end of beta, when a few people claimed it was dead just because they decided on both pve and pvp servers. When really it's a pretty old game as far as mmos go, it's had a pretty decent shelf life even if I don't like all the changes.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Erm, the graphic says 23,763. So, twenty-three THOUSAND and some odd cat shops opened each day. ;)
    OP is probably European and interprets a comma as a decimal mark.

The race distribution looks wrong. The top two classes should be assassins (pve/pvp) and clerics (catshops).
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014

The race distribution looks wrong. The top two classes should be assassins (pve/pvp) and clerics (catshops).

Even as European I read it as 23k, not 23. This isn't interpretation but common sense XD although 23 thousand catshops p/day seemed a lot, forgot it was all servers combined and seems reasonable actually. all statistics are quite off from what players see in-game. I am amused however by the bottom: one mayor content update every year.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah that race distribution can't be right. There's got to be way more BMs than mystics.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm highly surprise seeker is number 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Blue__Lycan - Sanctuary
    Blue__Lycan - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This.... REALLY shows, how much the GMs care about PWI. Good job. Don't even know the icons for your own classes apparently.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    This.... REALLY shows, how much the GMs care about PWI. Good job. Don't even know the icons for your own classes apparently.

Different staff have different jobs, you know. Like how there's still people that think the mods are GMs or the GMs are devs, or the CM has control of sales and promotions, and so on and so forth.

... But this is pretty sad on the part of whoever did this. Getting 2/10 icons right is... well... yeah.... it kinda throws everything else the thing says into question because even if it's true (which I'm willing to believe) the fact that they screwed up something so basic is just beyond sad and gives a horrible image.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    b:laugh lol we all know 80% of all females are males.
    Activate players and most of those are bots!

What guy would want to look at a guy character's butt running around all day?
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for all the replies!

Yup, that was the case b:surrender I should've thought a little further why there would be 3 significant figures instead of 1 or 2 (which is more common)..

That puts these things in a different perspective, and wow, I wouldn't have guessed to have like 3k catshops per server on a daily basis - then this probably does include all adjustments over the day.

Actually, in case of Seekers I thought the same, that everyone wanted to try out the new classes back then, but still... wouldn't they have toons of every class, anyway?

On a side note, 40k marriages, that alone is 120k - 240k $ for PWE lol
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A guy that has a Real (not virtual) Girlfriend Living with him.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2014

>Implying the camera is that focused on the butt
    >Implying the only thing you look at ingame is your character's butt
    >Implying I look at th character's butt at all

I'm not sure, but people who give this excuse must believe that you magically turn *** if you play a male character as a male. Or at least something like that.

Why are you focused on a character's butt anyway?

at least edit it properly then.
    Why is the word *** censored on this forum, it's a normal word.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i see it as 23, 763 catshops open per day ( sounds about right for Arch, but what about the rest of the servers? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Apparently, I play an untamed assassin that has the skills of a cleric.

Yeah...You deal with that. Lol.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    Apparently, I play an untamed assassin that has the skills of a cleric.

Yeah...You deal with that. Lol.

Too OP. Nerf pl0x! b:laugh
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Right because there are certainly more TB users than EG.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Remember that a lot of people have at least two accounts.

Also, they don't give any information about what they mean by "active". It could be any account that has been logged into in the last 24 hours, last week, last month, last year.

I log in to all my accounts every time a new code comes out. I have 2 catshop toons with 5 plat HP charms (and 3 +10 orbs from WAY back).
    A guy that has a Real (not virtual) Girlfriend Living with him.

Seriously? The male Sins are more feminine than the female sins are.

\can't imagine lvling a male sin to 100 watching him swish his *** like that
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Too OP. Nerf pl0x! b:laugh

NEVER!!!! b:scorn

Buff Please!!

I want 50,000k hp, the best heals and buffs in the game, stealth, bp, and 5 aps. XD
    b:laugh b:sin
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Right because there are certainly more TB users than EG.

Actually EG are more popular that TB. Even in TW factions the Mystics out number the assassins on my server.
    And there are more seekers than Sins and Psy's in a lot of TW factions. Seekers are beginner friendly as well, where as TB are not.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Actually EG are more popular that TB. Even in TW factions the Mystics out number the assassins on my server.
    And there are more seekers than Sins and Psy's in a lot of TW factions. Seekers are beginner friendly as well, where as TB are not.

Depends on server. I guess yours loves EG. Sanctuary has far more fish than EG from what I see.

I don't see how TB aren't beginner friendly though. They aren't harder than other classes, except Venomancers being the easiest one for beginners. Pet does all your work.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    Depends on server. I guess yours loves EG. Sanctuary has far more fish than EG from what I see.

I don't see how TB aren't beginner friendly though. They aren't harder than other classes, except Venomancers being the easiest one for beginners. Pet does all your work.

For a complete newbie, early assassins are a pain. Melee range, don't get the extra survivability of HA, can't stand back and deal with magic/kill before getting hit like arcanes, BP isn't that great of a heal due to lack of damage dealt, and attempting to skill spam to compensate leads to burning through a pitiful mana pool.

Now none of those are problems for more experienced players who know what they're doing (pure dex build and take advantage of the OP at low levels bleed/life powders/etc), but for newbies it's just not all that friendly and that's just for assassins.

... Though early game psychics are kinda OP to me. I once forgot to put any stat points in one as I was leveling it and didn't realize til I was in the mid-teens. Yet I still had zero issues whatsoever killing... anything really. b:laugh
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    HL has a ton of seekers for w/e reason. Not that many mystics at all though. We also have a ton of sins and a sizable psy population though so idk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Proof that the ones who run PWI don't even have the game installed, and they could use the help of some real players.
    They must be counting all the characters that have been created since the beginning of the gameb:chuckle

Silly European... We separate thousands with commas, and decimals with dots. And that's the true way to separate numbers b:cool
    Well there is still a lot of women. I think this is the game, (besides candycrush-like games) where I have seen the most women playing. However I find it interesting that the ratio of female and male (characters) is very similar to what usually happens in real life with human populations, including the fact that there is slightly more females than males.

Pretty sure they either counted all the accounts that have been created though the game's history (which includes bank accounts, spammers accounts, bot's accounts, banned accounts, etc) and called them active, or in a effort to really inflate numbers, they counted all the "active" characters and each one became an account.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are above in pale turquoise. And I think there is at most 1,000 active players per server.