Anniversary Part 2!

Comments

• Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Great News, i look forward to all of the events that are coming. I will Enjoy the assault on archosaur event as well as the quiz. i will Try my best. Also, im curious to what will be inside of the redeem codes. So far i'd say this is the Best anniversary events yet. So much stuff going on.

Your enlightenment is like sweet candy in a sea of liver and spinach.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    -Look at quiz event time-

Me and probably some of the people on the other side of the globe will pass this event b:bye

The archo assault is ok, but will probaly be lagfest, and I can already see toons with auto culti active during that event. An event where everyone can "participate" b:laugh

Well, at least the will put up some code for arc.
    b:laugh hahahahaha!!! you made me laugh so much so funny!!!

Wow. The QQ. Getting upset over something offered for free because it's not good enough for you. LOL at some demanding rare S cards. Why not demand scrolls of tome or +12 orbs. Don't stop there. Demand JSODs too to fit right in with that r9rrr gear you may have been expecting for free too. What is wrong with some of you?

If you don't like what is offered for free then don't take it. You're no worse off (as in you've lost nothing) if you don't. But damn.

Now those are real rewards!!!!!
    But they should make it so you have to pay millions of coins to have chance to win like a Pack with increased chances that worth coins instead to help a little against the inflation.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Now those are real rewards!!!!!
    But they should make it so you have to pay millions of coins to have chance to win like a Pack with increased chances that worth coins instead to help a little against the inflation.

I agree with the idea of some sort of huge coin sink but not so keen on it having an aspect of gambling. This is where I can see something like the housing system would come into play. Weekly fee for housing and benefits with that. Something to this effect. or cash in on the huge e-peen egos some people have. make them pay dearly for some sort of competition of notoriety. Something like the weekly power rankings.

P.S. Is it just me or does the moon seem really bright. The sky here is deep bluish like early dawn even though it's midnight.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hoping one of the codes will be weapon fashion <.< >.> preferably the ones that were removed from the boutique for some reason when they added new ones. I miss the giant rose staff.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Your enlightenment is like sweet candy in a sea of liver and spinach.
    Oh, and i suppose you rather have me Complaining with the rest of these users. Running around demanding things like a child. Is that what's people are into these days?
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not impressed.

Lots of your "Events" fall on times when I'm in my classes.

Even your Friday event falls on times when even students in elementary/high school are in classes.

If your events fall on times when college students are in classes, schoolkids are in classes, and many fellow adults are likely working/taking care of their children....just who are you catering to?

This is bad, because I even live on my Server time...to the minute.

So....Event 1 doesn't work properly as it should...and Event 2 I cannot attend since it clashes with my classes....which are far more important than PWI will ever be.

So, in short...this anniversary is basically a lol.

Oh snap, so the event is a fail because PWI didn't consult you on your schedule (see the bold in quote)? Event 1 works fine, as for Event 2, we all miss some events because of real life, it is what it is. There will still be the codes to redeem for whatever.
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hoping one of the codes will be weapon fashion <.< >.> preferably the ones that were removed from the boutique for some reason when they added new ones. I miss the giant rose staff.
    All my yes to this. Don't understand why they removed it in the first place... it was one of the prettiest, next to the red lantern! b:sad (At least that's still obtainable with Archosaur Bites)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Or unreleased fashion b:dirty

@Those who can't attend Archo Assault: Just set your bot when you have time, I'm sure you have some spare minutes at some point of the day. I know, I will just before sleep lol
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Or unreleased fashion b:dirty

@Those who can't attend Archo Assault: Just set your bot when you have time, I'm sure you have some spare minutes at some point of the day. I know, I will just before sleep lol

PVP servers... yeah, no way we can do that xD
  • sm3ag0l
    sm3ag0l Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    this ani event is kanda fail imo why dont we get 2x drops a lot of people can use it i bet.
    that there are some greedy **** who have to much coin to spoil it for all i dont care.
    you guys should do 2x drops nd not some crappy quiz event on times that most people cant even attend.

we want 2x drops stick all that other **** something where its dark....nobody need maiden kissed chest anymore they just hold useless **** like the chest of coins wich isnt even worth dq anymore.

but rly i think its time to go really search for a temporary new non pwi game till the next one i wanna play releases b:laugh
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sm3ag0l wrote: »
    we want 2x drops stick all that other **** something where its dark....nobody need maiden kissed chest anymore they just hold useless **** like the chest of coins wich isnt even worth dq anymore.

You are literally the only one at the moment asking for ANOTHER 2x even though we had a couple not long ago.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • sm3ag0l
    sm3ag0l Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yeah because farmig is the only fun thing left in this game on normal drops it isnt worth it to farm anything bc nothing drops.
    not that lots drop on 2x anyways but the nat least its worth it to go into dungeons instead of just watch movies and series lol
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sm3ag0l wrote: »
    yeah because farmig is the only fun thing left in this game on normal drops it isnt worth it to farm anything bc nothing drops.
    not that lots drop on 2x anyways but the nat least its worth it to go into dungeons instead of just watch movies and series lol

If it was only Instance 2x I'd say yes... but DQ 2x and Archousar Event... no mold coins to market, please... Gold has gone too high already with end-less promotions lately...

*LC went from 2,1M to 2,5M this August, just due to the never-ending promos to spend... Can't imagine how those servers who reached cap long time are doing with all this :S*
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wow. The QQ. Getting upset over something offered for free because it's not good enough for you. LOL at some demanding rare S cards. Why not demand scrolls of tome or +12 orbs. Don't stop there. Demand JSODs too to fit right in with that r9rrr gear you may have been expecting for free too. What is wrong with some of you?

If you don't like what is offered for free then don't take it. You're no worse off (as in you've lost nothing) if you don't. But damn.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I am reading a lot of whining, sniveling, QQing spoiled brats.

The PWI playerbase reminds me of a room full of liberal progressives with the entitlement disease saying "Give me more for free!!!"

As for the event times, PWI why just not make it 24 hours long so everyone can participate at some point. Otherwise the tears are going to cause global flash flooding! /sarcasm off
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Please just like spawn Primal World Boss 10x to rampage across arch, would be much more fun than this..
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    PVP servers... yeah, no way we can do that xD

Good point, I'm too used to PvE severs lol
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • profit
    profit Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Any news on fixing this problem or is it here to stay . Hope someone has an answer for this i thought i read a couple weeks ago that it would be fixed in the next couple maintanance.

Sparkie pls answer this, good or bad an answer is better than everyone guessing.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    profit wrote: »
    Any news on fixing this problem or is it here to stay . Hope someone has an answer for this i thought i read a couple weeks ago that it would be fixed in the next couple maintanance.

Sparkie pls answer this, good or bad an answer is better than everyone guessing.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1712971

Already answered.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh snap, so the event is a fail because PWI didn't consult you on your schedule (see the bold in quote)? Event 1 works fine, as for Event 2, we all miss some events because of real life, it is what it is. There will still be the codes to redeem for whatever.

An event that most of the playerbase cannot attend is largely a failure. Specifically if it's something to commemorate the amount of years the players have been playing the game. In short, its something done in appreciation of the time and revenue that has been invested in the game.

The issue with the timeframe is that the window is far too small. Considerably too small, considering that the anniversary only happens once a year (obviously.)

6-6:30 pm. Server time:

Many university students are in class. (Members of the playerbase.)
    Many students are doing homework, eating, enjoying their social life.
    Many working professionals are just getting off work, are stuck in traffic, or are eating dinner/cooking.
    Players who work the night shift are likely sleeping before work.

3 Pm. Server Time:

Many players are at work, at school, coming home from school, involved in extracurricular activities (Band, MCJROTC, sports, drawing, etc.)
    Many parents are picking up their children.
    Many students are doing their homework.
    Traffic issue once again.

I'm not so upset about this event, since it runs up to 9 pm, allowing a larger window for those who want to participate. However, it's still not appropriately timed.

PWI doesn't have to consult me about a single solitary thing in regards to my real life schedule. I enjoy NW, and often can't participate on Friday's, as I do have a life. However, I cannot call a major annual event a success when it is closed off from most of the populace.

In regards to the first anniversary being broken...there was some confusion about that, as to whether we were supposed to receive all items, or whether they were meant to be randomized. Even sparkie was confused on it...evidenced by some of his posts. Anniversary 1 for me was legitimately broken. The hare wouldn't spawn at its proper location, even upon trashing and retaking the quest numerous times. It's working now, though I do not call it a success in terms of an anniversary gift...specifically not when compared to past anniversaries.

Long story short, I feel that PWI should do what a lot of games do when it comes to events like that.

-Extend the time to a 24 hour event, and simply use the "Incorrect Time Span" for the quest to be taken, having it reset at 12 midnight.

-Offer the event at various points throughout the day, while making it a temporary daily. This will allow players with variable time schedules to participate in the events as well.

-Simply make it a temporary daily...similar to the dailies involved with phases that we get in the primal world. This makes it once per day, and a daily.)

The dailies don't even have to be every single day. They can even fall on the days that they want them to. But the time frame, as it is now needs improvement, and to a great degree.

I'm not saying that I'm ungrateful for freebies, and nice events. I am grateful for it. However, I feel that more care, thought, and consideration needs to go into play before implementing an event...especially a major event that clashes with the real life priorities of most of the playerbase...causing them to not be able to actually enjoy these events, or even be a part of them.

You highlighted a specific section of my post (The part about my class schedule) to support your viewpoint. Now, let me tell you why I mentioned that, in an attempt to clarify.

My mentioning my class schedule was being done for the purpose of helping to magnify the full gravity of how bad the time failure is, when it comes to these particular events.

Just as I have classes during these events...which prioritize over playing PWI during that time, so to do other players.

Other players have classes to attend. Other players have be at work. Even more players have to do their homework. More players still have to be stuck in traffic. The time even conflicts with dinner. Most parents/guardians/caretakers are cooking during this time, or are having their dinner. When I was a child, and I know that this is true for many others...there was no chance that I was going to tell my parents No. I'm not going to come down and eat right now because this game is offering a random prize. My point is that the event is offered during a time frame that is so narrow that many people in the population feel closed off from it. Again, even more so, considering that this is an anniversary event...one of PWI's biggest and most anticipated events...and one that most players WANT to be a part of.

Indeed, I do not expect these events to be perfect, nor go along wonderfully with my schedule at every given turn. It would be nice if it did, but as you said, that's life. I do expect for more thought be put into this before it's implementation into the game...including, but not limited to the overall time frame that the event will take place in. Considering that PWI's staff has had a year to brainstorm ideas, discuss them, theorize the pros and cons of them, improve upon these ideas with the use of scaffolding, and making this major event as successful as possible before it's implementation, I feel as though a this event could have been done a lot better. (Again, proof is in the fact that even our community manager was confused over certain aspects of this event...further highlighting that this event has failed in some basic areas. (And that's not to blame sparkie either. It is proof that they did not effectively communicate with him in regards to the event....which is why when he relayed the message, he worded it as he originally did, as he was going off of his own interpretation of what this event was...which ultimately was misinterpreted due to a lack of effective communication from his higher ups....something that could have been easily averted. It's nice to have an event...but certain things should have long since been ironed out.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looking forward to being unable to open a purple puffbird again. ):

shes jelly of my pet DerpDerp, its uglyness is unrivaled and has the special abilities leer: cause enemy target to throw up in nauseating disgust

Mean Look: cause enemy target to faint at the sight of breathing wiggling eyes
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    YAY PWI Anniversary Gift *tries to open*
    Current item cannot be used.
    b:surrender

• Kalliey - Raging Tide
    Kalliey - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    oh YAY same Anniversary gift.. unable to open.. currect item cannot be used....
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Turning into the biggest joke ever. PWE trolling us all xD +1 to the devs and GMs b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    oh YAY same Anniversary gift.. unable to open.. currect item cannot be used....

We can't even put it into the stash to open it on a character that hasn't opened it yet... wewt! Go pwi go!
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can't stand things like shopping on black friday, the hordes of the unwashed bottom feeders swarm over everything in their path and it feels like to me competing with other rats to grab the so called goodies.

I avoid these sheep attracting 'world events' like the plague. Between the factions that manage to kill steal the boss mobs with the best drops, to R9rr people who kill steal everything else, you get nothing out of these but frustration, a repair bill, many worthless drops, and a few token tokens.

Instead of more 'freebies' that are close to worthless, how about booting up the priority for fixing the Lycaeum for Venos to some time in the next century.

The freebies, are not free even. It is so tacky to require you to pay a schill visit to their farcebook page and/or their brain dead ARC page, both of which I have no reason, ever to visit. Classy games, if they are going to have a give-away, usually just require you to do something in game to collect them.

b:chuckle
  • diesfast
    diesfast Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This infographic really bothers me; specifically the part where the breakdown of classes exists and the icons underneath don't match up with the labeled class daata.

I realize that maybe the intention was just to toss the icons onto the infographic, but come on... the way it is presented, it looks like you know, maybe they should align properly.

At first glance I just assumed PWE has no idea what icon corresponds to which class.

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/35/d9/35d9e5bfbf2f1d1f36f9bde28aef0be31410224537.jpg

I am disappoint.

Thanks for the code, but, a little QA maybe?
  • tmllover
    tmllover Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    diesfast wrote: »
    This infographic really bothers me; specifically the part where the breakdown of classes exists and the icons underneath don't match up with the labeled class daata.

I realize that maybe the intention was just to toss the icons onto the infographic, but come on... the way it is presented, it looks like you know, maybe they should align properly.

At first glance I just assumed PWE has no idea what icon corresponds to which class.

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/35/d9/35d9e5bfbf2f1d1f36f9bde28aef0be31410224537.jpg

I am disappoint.

Thanks for the code, but, a little QA maybe?

I noticed that as well. Poor planning indeed. Also there is prolly 2 millions accounts. But there is no way they are all active. Across all servers, I dont see there being 2 millions players.

I am also tossed into the bunch that cant use that ticket received from the code.
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    those statistics are completely fake, for instance i know the wizzy population is under 5% and sin population is well over 20%
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for all the stuff for the event b:victory I really don't see why people are complaining about free stuff not like they're losing anything from it.

Edit: I redeemed the code but the item doesn't seem to work b:surrender I don't think I've gotten it before but I do think it's a little silly that you'd give us one well after most players would have forgotten they had ever gotten one then made it non-account stashable so none of our other characters could have it b:chuckle
  • Jinxers - Dreamweaver
    Jinxers - Dreamweaver Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    2x used to be turned on for the entire duration of September. Come on, where is it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]