Sep. 24, pw2 will be released in CN (official news), updating

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm thinking it's a revamped game engine being marketed as a new version of the game. Sure it's deceptive marketing but after everything we know about the company isn't the deceptive option the most likely one? Having a revamped game engine after all these years is not unusual for an aging game game. We should know in a week when the game hits the test server.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    there is one thing reading the translated page

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140903/73486.shtml

this paragraph right here ( the second paragraph) makes me strongly beleive it is a new game because they refer to it as a sequal

"Perfect World 2"

I won't be rude... but.. seriously, "reading", is it hard ?

Perfect World Co (english version of site)
    http://www.pwrd.com/en/

Games:
    Perfect World
    http://www.pwrd.com/en/products/mmorpg/20100120/44444.shtml

Perfect World 2
    http://www.pwrd.com/en/products/mmorpg/20100120/44442.shtml

Sites (chinese):

Perfect World (pay-for-play):
    http://world2.wanmei.com/

Perfect World 2 (free-to-play):
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/

Sorry for CAPS. WE ARE CURRENTLY PLAYING PERFECT WORLD 2.

P.S. Eh. Ast. I lost yr videos on youtube :(
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Something else interesting to play with about the day 24th of Sept:

So this is where we believe. And it's a relatively longer term thing. We are going to start to see something coming in after Xbox has been launched. The date has been set. According to Microsoft, it's September 23rd. And preordering already started. And I set up my own channel. I have set up my ground experience stores and online ordering processes. So we are part of the distribution team for Microsoft's Xbox One as well.

Basically, we -- sorry, we can't disclose any detail in terms of the contracting with Microsoft, but eventually, we are a part of the ecosystem both distributing the hardware and also providing the software and making sure that we sort of collaborate on the operation of the software as well. Because one of our strengths, and whatever we push out in China, it's a slightly different type of console game than the older type of console games outside of China. We're doing MMORPG.

And so it takes a constant update on the expansion packs and online kind of system to manage and operate the games and users interaction in all this. And so we are prepared in full collaboration with Microsoft and of course, their joint venture in Shanghai to work on that, the purpose obviously is to help the users to get them to the hardware machine and be able to play MMORPG there.

Credit Suisse
    Thank you for the detailed answer. May I ask a quick follow up, just to double-check for the JV established with Microsoft? Who is the majority shareholder of this JV? You guys are consolidating this JV?

Robert Xiao - CEO
    No, I'm not saying the JV between me and Microsoft. It's a JV between Microsoft and Best TV.

So even if it is an expansion pack as opposed to a new game, doesn't mean the player base isn't getting sold out for a different form of profit.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If PWI is 'Perfect World 2' then how is it that they are calling this release in China 'Perfect World 2' also if in fact it is an expansion to PWCN?
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    -snipped stuff-

I'm getting the sense you're copy/pasting or quoting some info from other sites, but due to your lack of using punctuations correctly AT ALL, all you do is throw in confusion in this thread.

Could you please for your next post do it properly, and if they are quotations from other sites add the source? (preferably also do them on your previous posts because right now they simply do not make sense)
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If PWI is 'Perfect World 2' then how is it that they are calling this release in China 'Perfect World 2' also if in fact it is an expansion to PWCN?

Wanmei is an odd company. They like playing with words pretty often. Looking back at the Tideborn expansion, they had concept art for NPCS that looked strange. They dubbed the upcoming expansion as a new game altogether in some of their older posts, which as we know, isn't true. It's a marketing gimmick. It's pretty justifiable marketing-wise when upgrading a game engine to dub the expansion where the game engine is actually upgraded as a second iteration of the game.

Though, I have some serious doubts that we will see the entire game updated graphically. I'm pretty sure that the amount of texture work needed to upgrade the main map (which isn't populated at all...), all OHT maps, Heaven/hell, and all instance-based maps... Is pretty insane. Furthermore, upgrading the graphical and audio assets of the game (weapons, walking, mounts, flyers, etc) would be a waste of time *probably*.

Most likely what will happen is they will create some new classes (as seen in the concept art), a new starting area for the classes (the floating city), and upgrade/port the game over to the new Angelica engine. We may see some performance improvements and things like lighting/water/reflections/shadows looking better, but I have serious doubts that the entire game will be re-done.

Taking this to the next level by making a completely new IP, would shatter the community of PW-CN w/ new players going to the new game, quitting, or staying with the old game. The chance of this being a brand new IP is pretty slim, since the evidence points much more towards an expansion. After all, they are touting concept art for this new content by having the website of what is already known as "Perfect World 2" (PW2/W2I) on the bottom right of each image. Some of the images correlate to what we would expect to come, such as the floating city starting area being on our current client's login-screen but NOT currently available in our game. This suggests that they have been working on this expansion/new IP as early as nearly a year ago. Meaning, that we should expect a LOT of new content when it is actually released (whether or not it is a new game is irrelevant of the fact that one should expect a lot of new content).
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014

I'm getting the sense you're copy/pasting or quoting some info from other sites, but due to your lack of using punctuations correctly AT ALL, all you do is throw in confusion in this thread.

Could you please for your next post do it properly, and if they are quotations from other sites add the source? (preferably also do them on your previous posts because right now they simply do not make sense)

conference call, Q&A portion where they talk about upcoming company details. It seems a little garbled, because the speaker isn't speaking their native language. Even though it's pigeon English, still seems pretty understandable when you realize how PWRD is heavily involved with Xboxone's launch. Match up dates, the fact they can't go too in depth from confidentiality agreements, etc.; and it paints an interesting picture.

Neverwinter is a guaranteed console port, and if PWRD is partnered they are likely porting others as well. What remains to be seen is how they will handle it. Remember, console controllers don't have a ton of keys, so would favor action based RPG better than hotkeys.

It would explain a huge revamp, since Xboxone could be defraying the cost in order to increase market share of console sales in China. So in that I could see it being an expansion, as the cost would be covered by other means. Though that might mean the playerbase is getting sold to Microsoft, in order to cash in on China's market. So in that regard, it might be better if it is a new game.

Again depends on how they work the servers, but with Microsoft involved and their focus on cross-platform integration, I could see them working to fold consoles and PC together on one server; which if this game goes with that, would involve dumbing down to fit on a controller.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I've been following that blog as well for the past 5 days, but there's nothing new there atm, the blogger even says she doesn't know if it's an update or an expansion and we already have the info and pictures she posted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It wouldn't bother me if it's not a complete graphical overhaul since I still like a lot of PWI's graphics simply for being aesthetically good and having nice colours but it would be nice to have some improvements on little things like trees, plants, shadows, water and of course old class skills.

Assuming this is an expansion, my main concern is the game working smoother when they upgrade to the new engine, seeing as the current one is pretty bad and even people with pro gamer computers have issues sometimes (according to a friend who has a super computer like that) though I'm not sure how it's gonna be for people that have some really old computers.

As I said earlier though, Wanmei likes fluffing their announcements and they might be talking about all the awesome changes but in the end it might actually not be much other than a new combat system (for the console thing) and the new race/area along with the engine upgrade.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    Klinsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wanmei is an odd company. They like playing with words pretty often. Looking back at the Tideborn expansion, they had concept art for NPCS that looked strange. They dubbed the upcoming expansion as a new game altogether in some of their older posts, which as we know, isn't true. It's a marketing gimmick. It's pretty justifiable marketing-wise when upgrading a game engine to dub the expansion where the game engine is actually upgraded as a second iteration of the game.

Though, I have some serious doubts that we will see the entire game updated graphically. I'm pretty sure that the amount of texture work needed to upgrade the main map (which isn't populated at all...), all OHT maps, Heaven/hell, and all instance-based maps... Is pretty insane. Furthermore, upgrading the graphical and audio assets of the game (weapons, walking, mounts, flyers, etc) would be a waste of time *probably*.

Most likely what will happen is they will create some new classes (as seen in the concept art), a new starting area for the classes (the floating city), and upgrade/port the game over to the new Angelica engine. We may see some performance improvements and things like lighting/water/reflections/shadows looking better, but I have serious doubts that the entire game will be re-done.

Taking this to the next level by making a completely new IP, would shatter the community of PW-CN w/ new players going to the new game, quitting, or staying with the old game. The chance of this being a brand new IP is pretty slim, since the evidence points much more towards an expansion. After all, they are touting concept art for this new content by having the website of what is already known as "Perfect World 2" (PW2/W2I) on the bottom right of each image. Some of the images correlate to what we would expect to come, such as the floating city starting area being on our current client's login-screen but NOT currently available in our game. This suggests that they have been working on this expansion/new IP as early as nearly a year ago. Meaning, that we should expect a LOT of new content when it is actually released (whether or not it is a new game is irrelevant of the fact that one should expect a lot of new content).
    But doesn't upgrading to a new engine involve effecting the entire game and giving new textures and mechanics to everything...?

Honestly, I'm not sure I understand how it works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Dysconnect - Lothranis
    Dysconnect - Lothranis Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    glaesum wrote: »

About PW1 and PW2, u should don't misinformating players. There're 2 versions of PW - PW1 and PW2. PW1 - chinese pay-for-play version with housemaking, lvl 120 and other skills for new *old* races. PW2 is free-to-play game, PWI is a international version of PW2.

This is exactly how I remember it, too. (Thus also the 2 in the official chinese site)

I am surprised noone else seems to remember this? I have the impression, the whole "omg there is a Perfect World 2 coming out" is being resurrected every odd year and people always point back at how version 2 in China is what our international version is based on.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    This is exactly how I remember it, too. (Thus also the 2 in the official chinese site)

I am surprised noone else seems to remember this? I have the impression, the whole "omg there is a Perfect World 2 coming out" is being resurrected every odd year and people always point back at how version 2 in China is what our international version is based on.

It used to be that we'd debate whether the content said PWI 2, or PW 2. Since PWI 2 would technically be PW 3, but a new version of the PW 2 we are used to. So it was more trying to find out from whatever poster was translating whether it said perfect world international or not before the 2.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why are people arguing the semantics of PWII, PW2 and whatnot? Yeah, this is technically the 2nd version. Its not a sequel though.
    Sometimes sequel numbers don't make sense. Been happening for years in many franchises.
    Maybe Wanmei named it PW2 because its the 2nd iteration of the f2p version? Or maybe because the story is actually a sequel? Or maybe Valve started hacking other gaming companies to prevent usage of the number 3, since they have such a problem with it.
    Who really cares what its called? What matters is the content.
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    Why are people arguing the semantics of PWII, PW2 and whatnot?
    Arguing semantics is different from arguing applications of semantics. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    =========09/08 updated========

though no more news in site but there is a Q/A post in pwcn forum by CM

there are some info in that post but not too much, maybe CM can't give more info cuz company rule

1) pwcn CM called pw2 as new version ( i still believe it is a new expansion)

2) R8R and morai gear will be upgraded, upgrade mat droped from new FB

3) big change for lvl quest, get more exp from quest

4) new classes gears are LA and AA

5) little change for faction base FB

6) no change in card in new version

7) little change for old skills. veno bramble will depend on soul force, like psy

8) no more new skills learned by blood

9) moving channel skill only on new caster class.

10) new version will increase def

11) new caster class image is goddess and little child

there is all info I collect from that post. BTW, don't compare pwcn CM with pwi CM. PWCN CM surely have more internal info from developer. Sparki did a good job here. b:kiss
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Channeling while running sounds OP, I can hear all the QQ about it but it also sounds cool :0

I expected LA for the melee class tbh.

What do you mean by little child and goddess b:surrender

Let's make a prayer circle in hope of this being an expansion b:chuckle
  • attackerv
    edited September 2014
    Channeling while running sounds OP, I can hear all the QQ about it but it also sounds cool :0

I expected LA for the melee class tbh.

What do you mean by little child and goddess b:surrender

Let's make a prayer circle in hope of this being an expansion b:chuckle

i mean image, sry my bad english
    Main Chars in tidewell:
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I was reading the text below the video and it is informative.

I started playing PW-MY a few months after it came out, and I think that was .. 2005 and PWI (2008?)

Over time, PWI has strayed - and the game has people going off in all directions, trying to do A B and C -- and the focus is muddled.

I don't even have alts and I cannot get it all done... or even understand what can I avoid, that won't be a problem in the future > because I did not do it (like my Primal or Morai quests).

We spend so much time just trying to get these dailies in - that we pretty much do solo - the community feel.. is dwindling.

That .. was what made Perfect World .. so amazing.

I actually recently left a top MMORPG to return permanently to PWI because I have faith in the old programmers, whose concepts were so amazing - it was the first game that held my attention for more than a month.

So... don't let us down. Please...

I ran across some screen shots of my first veno here... when she was running FF/FC. It was at time when Rank was still pretty rare. It brought back fond memories... and I'm hoping the future changes brings more of these.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    attackerv wrote: »
    i mean image, sry my bad english

It's OK b:chuckle

Thank you for all the information you gave us b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    7) little change for old skills. veno bramble will depend on soul force, like psy

Does this mean it'll work in open map pvp again and not have the stupid only reflect back 25% of melee skill damage thing vs. 60%/75% for melee auto-attacks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Heh interesting stuff o_o makes me curious... though the attacking-while-moving being limited to the new race/class only is.. not sure what to think of it.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I just had to quote this as a reminder to all the QQ'ing about how OP it is, claiming that this would ruin any balance in game if everyone could move while casting.
    It's a class-specific trait, on a seemingly single skill. Everything else is still the same old locked-in-place when casting even for this class. Being able to move with casting seems a logical "unique" trait for an Arcane "control" class after already 10 other classes.

Also *-* new classes were Dragon classes? I pray they got a tranform option like barbs/veno into an awesome lil dragon b:faint
  • attackerv
    edited September 2014

I just had to quote this as a reminder to all the QQ'ing about how OP it is, claiming that this would ruin any balance in game if everyone could move while casting.
    It's a class-specific trait, on a seemingly single skill. Everything else is still the same old locked-in-place when casting even for this class. Being able to move with casting seems a logical "unique" trait for an Arcane "control" class after already 10 other classes.

Also *-* new classes were Dragon classes? I pray they got a tranform option like barbs/veno into an awesome lil dragon b:faint

PWCN CM talked about that in the post. Yes, casting while moving skill could be OP, but for balance, the skill will less effect and dmg.
    Main Chars in tidewell:
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    I see :o well I guess we aren't really getting any new combat system...doesn't surprise to be honest. Wanmei always fluffs their posts to make it seem bigger than it is.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    >Moving while channeling for 1 class and 1 class only
    Ssssshhh... can you hear that, can you hear it coming from across the ocean?
    It's a massive wave of QQ and inevitable rage, specially if this is an expansion/upgrade/update to our current version.

This is going to make the forum golden everywhere with a platinum edge embedded with diamonds.

Well, time to post some unimportant opinions!

though no more news in site but there is a Q/A post in pwcn forum by CM

there are some info in that post but not too much, maybe CM can't give more info cuz company rule

1) pwcn CM called pw2 as new version ( i still believe it is a new expansion)
    We will see in a few weeks I suppose

2) R8R and morai gear will be upgraded, upgrade mat droped from new FB
    Morai gears, for that 1 person on a server that uses it.
    R8r upgrade... so that does smell like an update for the game instead of a different game, I still wonder how useful a R8r upgrade will be with so much R9rr running around

3) big change for lvl quest, get more exp from quest
    ERMAHGARD can we finally level by doing queests? loljk, this is bound to be a massive dissapointmnt

4) new classes gears are LA and AA
    Well, could figure that from screenshots

5) little change for faction base FB
    What is a faction base FB? some kind of hall? the last boss of trials? wut?

6) no change in card in new version
    Well, no surprise, no S+ cards yet?

Top kek. I wonder how much it will reflect and if it still is nerfed on skills

8) no more new skills learned by blood
    So we farmed bloods for nothing, okay

See top of this post

10) new version will increase def
    *calls xXhotXx for inevitable sin rage having too much def*

11) new caster class image is goddess and little child
    SAVE THE CHILDREN! THEY ARE INNOCENT

there is all info I collect from that post. BTW, don't compare pwcn CM with pwi CM. PWCN CM surely have more internal info from developer. Sparki did a good job here. b:kiss

And holy ****nuts what is wrong with the forums lately, editing posts links to a weird page, color codes **** up.
    What are you guys doing.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    Heh interesting stuff o_o makes me curious... though the attacking-while-moving being limited to the new race/class only is.. not sure what to think of it.
    Eh I had my doubts that it'd be applied to old caster classes. Could you imagine a Veno casting most attack spells while running?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Eh I had my doubts that it'd be applied to old caster classes. Could you imagine a Veno casting most attack spells while running?

Yeah, no b:chuckle

I think it will be like a gun, but a magic gun b:dirty
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Moving while casting isn't op if we still have our old targeting system. What's the point of moving around if u're still locked on just like before.
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse