How many years left?

raffleman2014
raffleman2014 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Hi to all members, actually this message was intended to be answer by the GM's. but since i made a ticket and haven't receive a reply then i will ask this question to all members specially to pro players in-game. My question is, How many years left before PWI close there game? because i am inviting many players in my school to play the game and they are asking me nor saying that the game was very old and near to it's end? so i was surprised. do MMORPG has its end? is it possible?b:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by raffleman2014 on

Comments

• Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The economy is so garbage. I would not be surprised if the game closed down this coming winter.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No one knows but PWI.

Most healthy, profitable MMOs have a shelf life between 8 and 15 years, the longest lasting so far being the subscription based MMOs, of which some have become f2p, and one of the longest running just recently closed its doors after 14 years (you can still play it if you have an active account, but the devs won't be making any new updates for it.)

I would give PWI between 1 and 3 years left. It's not a perfect game, but it is playable still, and enjoyed by many.

Unfortunately the new ideal for MMO players is to reach max level as soon as possible. This unfortunately creates the mad dash to the top only to fall off out of boredom far to fast and then disappear until the next speed leveling MMO comes out. PWI over the past couple of years has pushed fast leveling.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Games/Servers can be shut down but if upcoming news about a revamp is true, this game won't be shut down for quite a while.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Noone at PWE will tell you this, as they themselves don't know (and even if they did, they still wouldn't until an official announcement was made). The game will continue as long as it continues to generate income for PWE/Wanmei.

Anyone telling you a date or timeframe is only guessing (and guessing based on their own opinion - some will be overly pessimistic, others optimistic based on the rumored expansion work they are doing)
    Noone knows and you will not get an accurate answer.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    People have been saying the game is dying since 2009. It's still here. There are other MMOs that have lasted over 10 years and I wouldn't be surprised if this did the same. Just play it as long as you enjoy it.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The economy is so garbage. I would not be surprised if the game closed down this coming winter.
    Considering that's about the time that they're probably going to be updating our version with the new engine... not likely.

Hopefully the limit on botting will help restore the economy some, but I doubt it will do much. Any real "fixes" to the economy will just end up hurting everyone that isn't a cash cow.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The game should be around for quite a while longer. It seems that around Christmas time they plan to remarket the game and attract new players while holding on to the old. It's an interesting tactic, we'll see how it goes.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think, Eddie, if you look at my 20-F, we disclosed I think very clearly (inaudible) we have an internal policy to review each game's player life regularly. Like gamers with operation datas more than three years, we use the gamer's own data to determine the player life. But I think for all those games less than -- historically less than three years, we refer to the player life of all those old games with similar characteristics.

But internally we do quite a lot of regular assessment and review for each games (inaudible) we also take into consideration of the recent market change and also the gamers' behavior. I think what we observed right now, the gamer market really changed quite a lot. And also the rapid growth of the mobile game business also affect our PC client-based games player life.

For example, what we can see this right now Unc all those players of old games, I think, who played games for a long time, I think right now new-generation players will tend to play games I think -- will spend less time on one game also, some of the gamers will shift out their time to play mobile games.

So I think in Q2, based on our regular assessment, we really, I think, our result really prove our observation. And so we decided to just -- not adjust, but to revisit the player life of all those games, so come up with this type of change of player life. I think this number one

TLDR, as long as they keep money into the game to make it worth working on, they'll keep revising the shelf life upwards. Doesn't mean the game will be as high quality, since their progression would have been based on initial assessment, but they'll find some way to add more in if necessary. Like Pokémon cards, for instance.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    People have been saying the game is dying since 2009. It's still here. There are other MMOs that have lasted over 10 years and I wouldn't be surprised if this did the same. Just play it as long as you enjoy it.

I gotta agree with that ^

People have been saying the game is dying for years. It's not a lie, the game is declining but it's hard to predict how long it's going to last seeing that there are still players around despite all the mess PWE and crappy PWE-Wanmei communication has caused.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi to all members, actually this message was intended to be answer by the GM's. but since i made a ticket and haven't receive a reply then i will ask this question to all members specially to pro players in-game. My question is, How many years left before PWI close there game? because i am inviting many players in my school to play the game and they are asking me nor saying that the game was very old and near to it's end? so i was surprised. do MMORPG has its end? is it possible?b:surrender

why would a GM respond back to a passive aggressive question like that. They have much more important things to do. PWI isnt near it's end. It'll last until PW2 comes out. They usually don't do Sequels to failing games. This game was a success. If by some way-shape-or form this game is near it's end it's because They wanted it to end so they could expand, Not because it had no other choice.
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think, Eddie, if you look at my 20-F, we disclosed I think very clearly (inaudible) we have an internal policy to review each game's player life regularly. Like gamers with operation datas more than three years, we use the gamer's own data to determine the player life. But I think for all those games less than -- historically less than three years, we refer to the player life of all those old games with similar characteristics.

But internally we do quite a lot of regular assessment and review for each games (inaudible) we also take into consideration of the recent market change and also the gamers' behavior. I think what we observed right now, the gamer market really changed quite a lot. And also the rapid growth of the mobile game business also affect our PC client-based games player life.

For example, what we can see this right now Unc all those players of old games, I think, who played games for a long time, I think right now new-generation players will tend to play games I think -- will spend less time on one game also, some of the gamers will shift out their time to play mobile games.

So I think in Q2, based on our regular assessment, we really, I think, our result really prove our observation. And so we decided to just -- not adjust, but to revisit the player life of all those games, so come up with this type of change of player life. I think this number one

TLDR, as long as they keep money into the game to make it worth working on, they'll keep revising the shelf life upwards. Doesn't mean the game will be as high quality, since their progression would have been based on initial assessment, but they'll find some way to add more in if necessary. Like Pokémon cards, for instance.

the fak! when you keep referring to yourself as "we" are you implying you work for pwe? God, I hope not this is utterly confusing and horribly written. You're speaking as "we", yet using "I think", in every sentence. I really hope this wasn't a serious post.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There are different ways to define end.

Many people talking about the game may consider it the end when player numbers fall low enough that you cant get squads anymore for the stuff you want to do. When only a small community of long PvP players remain who cant say goodbye to their investments but new players can never hope to compete. When CSing is so rare that PWI has to cut support to almost none for financial reasons while boutique items in game are rarely even traded.

Looking at it like that, yes we are on the path to the end. It is of course very subjective when this end has actually been reached. Right now there seems to be decline (in player numbers), there is QQ about boutique items being harder to get, PvP is indeed not a realistic ambition for the majority of starting players. Pre level 100 content is deserted. They stopped FC hypering probably to combat that, but i think it will make matters worse. Few new alts will be created and new players now are on their own without the easy way out that was FC. The game is still very much playable though once you got to level 100 and if you dont want to be competetive in PvP.

Closing the servers will probably not happen too soon. They run many games, probably from the same servers. So since they are renting servers anyway, as long as they can cut support to a minimum, and the game uses very little of the servers' capacity, costs should also be minimal. I think theyll let it bleed out quite a while like that since you cant just make people pay for in game items and then close the server all of a sudden. This will probably be many years away.

And when they do close the servers, i think they might still give it to some of the remaining players to let them run it as a private server.

So i think you shouldnt worry about the servers closing. You should however wonder if this is the best game to start playing right now. Something newer might offer you a prettier game, more modern design and a brighter future with growing player numbers and thus a growing economy with lots of opportunities.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the Economy Is So Garbage. I Would Not Be Surprised If The Game Closed Down This Coming Winter.
    people Have Been Saying The Game Is Dying Since 2009. It's Still Here. There Are Other Mmos That Have Lasted Over 10 Years And I Wouldn't Be Surprised If This Did The Same. Just Play It As Long As You Enjoy It.

Rotfl.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This game won't live long, Kitty thinks. Seriously.

With gold price having reached the cap, R9 ish escaping from any F2P-players reach. There's either not many newbies, even less those that persist far past 80 since great majority of playerbase sits at 100 already and there's nothing but dailies for lowbies.

Lowbie-PK seems to be dead as Kitty's tried to find some lowbies to PK against some times during few recent days. With no single PM coming. There's neither nearly as much people LF PVs as there were FC squads being formed earlier.

During 6 hours Kitty was online today she spotted just 2 BH79 squads and some more BH69s.

Kitty thinks 80-99 cuts off most newbies' will to continue now. How many really wants to stay inferior for many months? Kitty finds those, who say they leveled to 100 without FC, hypocrites.

Reason for this ish that true, it's possible, doesn't even take that superlong. But. How many of you just kept spamming dailies for that many months a row? Was getting ganked as only way to do some PVP fun?

Kitty thinks there's many others like Kitty, who aren't that interested in spamming dailies. Also, when most of those who say they leveled to 100 without FC leveled, there was far more people around their level making them far more equal with average players compared to current newbies who stand no chance.

Kitty felt this well already when leveling her original mains. Best example ish when NW had just arrived and even high-ends had just T2-gears. That time Kitty easily tanked 3 T2/R8-barbs as mere TT80-veno. Some time later full T3 became a standard. Now Kitty got easily killed by a single T3-barb as TT90-HA-veno.

After New Horizons arrived majority of players reincarnated their level 100 chars and have got War Avatars even since. Thus non-reincarnated T3 ish now similar compared to rb2 T3 as what TT90 used to be to T3. Just imagine the power creep for any newbies.

That's why Kitty won't touch this game anymore except to troll in WC at times if bored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    *looks into her crystal ball* Ooooh, yes, let me see. Seems like we got -1 year left until trolls will become so stupid they just suck ... Oh wait ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    *looks into her crystal ball* Ooooh, yes, let me see. Seems like we got -1 year left until trolls will become so stupid they just suck ... Oh wait ...

We've long since reached that point and beyond, where some think a simple disagreement is "trolling"....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    game is dead,4 gold on HT server forsale lolz
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    I'm one of them. I'm a troll because I say what I believe and not what the QQers what to see or hear.

• profit
    profit Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Still cant get my head around the fact that we can only earn so much xp a day by killing mobs, farming, hh or even old school zen parties, when we hit the earn time (how every they compile it ) we just go to reflection. Yea thats just what i want to have a limit on my game playing time by the idiot who thougth this up. So many will say i just dont get it well then help me understand how this does this help the game . If i run out of earning time i cant go help any 1 in guild beacuse they wont get drops or xp because of me again this helps us how. Earning time should be regulated in the cultivation system not for the full game play u want to regulate botting do it there. Another sugestion it would be nice to have somewhere to see just how much time we have left since they wont be removing the earning time. I was in a full ws 1/2 way threw i got the red chat telling me, you just got screwed out of any drops badges or wep drop so i had to leave squad so the rest of my party didnt get screwed also .This should never have been started take the damn cultivation system out and put it back in the closet its not working to help this game.

Is not the botting that screwed the economy its the few who control the gold prices in game that raise the price so high that its not afforable for most players expecially newbies.

Dont even know why i right this post they are ignored my managment! They should just shut down the forum if they dont intend to use it to improve game play or for positive input and listen instead of advertizing all day long about their great new sales all day long damn its worst than xmas time.

Have a nice day
    But remember Greed will get you only so far and its a game not a living
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    Klinsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Welcome to PWI, the game that's been dying for 5 years!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Anyone telling you a date or timeframe is only guessing (and guessing based on their own opinion - some will be overly pessimistic, others optimistic based on the rumored expansion work they are doing)
    There is no expansion coming (for new classes etc) this will be a new game. They very simple fact is that these "new classes" have been seen in elements.data since at LEAST 1.3.1 before PWE ever made a copy of the game
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    Klinsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There is no expansion coming (for new classes etc) this will be a new game. They very simple fact is that these "new classes" have been seen in elements.data since at LEAST 1.3.1 before PWE ever made a copy of the game
    Can you demonstrate your claim?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Some MMO's never die, they just fade away.

There are several MMOs out there now that have very low populations of active players that have been in operation in the neighborhood of 10 years.

As long as the game company does not invest staff and resources in significant new content or enhancement or expansions, it costs very little to keep the servers operating, such that a very small player base can produce enough income to cover those costs. I have seen nothing that leads me to believe that PW2 is anthing more than just another stand alone game like Forsaken World which was rolled out in much the same fashion.

I think PW is graduating to the end of life phase. Every day there are fewer and fewer new players and even fewer who stick around past trying the game out.

I still have accounts on another aging MMO but I have not played there in several years, because there are so few people online there.

I would not be surprised if, given the number of heavily invested end-game players still remaining in PW, that it will continue to be online for another 5 to 10 years easy, but I see the overall player base on a one way nose dive.

I still enjoy part of this game and will continue to play it for some time, but I am actively keeping an eye open for a replacement, as I simply don't see myself putting in the time or cash to acquire end-game gear here.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can you demonstrate your claim?

They can't, because it's not true. The only thing related to classes in any way since 1.3.1 is Veno's whips as a weapon. GG.

@OP: The game probably has a few years still left. PWE has promised on Ether Saga forums, to keep the game up and running for the future... Even though their player-base is 1/100th the size of ours, and the game is all but dead. They haven't even had a content update in over a year, and the "General Discussion" section of the forums (page 1) dates back a couple of months... That's how little active players are around.

That, combined with the fact that PWE is named after PWI, and this is their flag-ship title; I have serious doubts that we will see the game closing it's doors in the next few years. Furthermore, updates are still rolling out from Wanmei to our version multiple times a year.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the fak! when you keep referring to yourself as "we" are you implying you work for pwe? God, I hope not this is utterly confusing and horribly written. You're speaking as "we", yet using "I think", in every sentence. I really hope this wasn't a serious post.

Wow, are normal people really that out of tune with the stock market, they can't even recognize enough keywords to recognize an earnings call statement when they see one?

Anyways, it's an earning calls statement from PWRD (Perfect World Co, Ltd.). That is their official statement, and official stance. No joking at all.

EDIT: Except for the TLDR footnote, that was the basic summation of the rambling of the presenter. If people can be milked, they will. They seem to have moved from hard shelf lives on their games, to more fluid "if it's profitable" stance. Everything above it was taken directly from their Earnings call last month.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    They can't, because it's not true. The only thing related to classes in any way since 1.3.1 is Veno's whips as a weapon. GG.
    Can I not now? Of course it's not true (MAJOR SARCASM), I mean a picture speaks a thousand words, right?

How about 4?

http://nsa34.casimages.com/img/2014/09/08/140908032907608942.png

http://nsa34.casimages.com/img/2014/09/08/140908033538756451.png

http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2014/09/08/140908033643885314.png

http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2014/09/08/140908033717225091.png

Maybe next time, do some homework before you run your mouth

@Klinsy - Dreamweaver: I'm not 100% sure, but chinese reports I've read (with horrid translations) state so. Perfect World II (known as World 2 international in china) Has always been read on any news as "World 2 International" The translation read "Perfect World 2" And seeing as PWI has gotten 3 SDK updates (pwi's start, Genesis, and Rebirth) and has never been started as 2/3/4 etc, leads me to believe new, not expansion. Furthermore, Monk is shown in pictures, as is Wraith Angel (I believe it to be wraith angel) along with at least 2 OTHER classes, Wraith Angel, Monk, sword-wielder, scythe-wielder, and another class I cannot place. It screams NEW not expansion.
    《完美国际》 W2I
    《完美国际2》 What this "expansion" is called
    《完美世界:赤焰赞歌》 Pay To Play World 2

found my site again:
    http://news.17173.com/content/2014-08-27/20140827000546714_1.shtml

CG video for Perfect World 2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B02gbZZKPOw
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    You forget that they are switching to a totally different game engine. What is listed on the Angelica engine is irrelevant on the new one. This does not prove that it is a different game or an upgrade because it can be either as long as the databases are compatible or can be converted to be used on the new game engine.

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    You forget that they are switching to a totally different game engine. What is listed on the Angelica engine is irrelevant on the new one. This does not prove that it is a different game or an upgrade because it can be either as long as the databases are compatible or can be converted to be used on the new game engine.
    What Engine are they switching to?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Nobody has an answer for you OP because not even the folks you want to ask this know the answer and even if they did they wouldn't tell.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    What Engine are they switching to?

The Shadowland III engine. More about his is in this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1712551