Remember?

13»

Comments

• BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Perfect World has changed a lot since I started to play, adding a lot of fun stuff to do BUT...

* I remember when achievement and effort and not RL money to buy packs for the good game stuff. Most of the stuff in PW could be manufactured and PW did not have so much stuff that cost RL money.

* I remember when when the highest Armor was T3 and how proud players were because they worked so hard to get and make that gear.

* I remember when a good level 90 player could actually give a high level T3 player a good fight.

* I remember when the game glitches usually were minor but the event still worked and some times actually helped (FC Glitch). Back when the glitches got fixed.

* I remember when there wasn't much JUNK in the game and most things had a purposeful game function.

* I remember when VIT stones (a pack item that should be able to make) sold for about 10,000,000 or less

* I remember when leveling took more effort and low level players spent time working their way up through the levels and not many were in a big rush to get to level 100 ASAP. Low level players were helped by higher players working together in and out of factions. High level players (wether 60 to 101) were well respected because most players knew how much it took to get to that level. There were no level 105 players because it took so much effort to get there.

* I remember when there were no faction bases and we dreamed about getting a FREE faction base with storage as well as other functions and benefits but PW screwed us again.

I remember a lot of stuff that was better but also somethings needed to be better.
    b:cry

Remember when we rebirthed and could hyper FC to help level up ??

I don't often go to FC but I manage to get EXp in other ways.
    I'm not a big fan of the MAD RUSH to level so you have to start spending RL money on all those expensive things you need to make your character more powerful.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    b:cry

Remember when we rebirthed and could hyper FC to help level up ??

Noob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Patrimpas - Dreamweaver
    Patrimpas - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I remember doing the quest attracted pm "Can we do this together?" and how much fun it was, occurred when wanting more and it does not matter that for 10 minutes to kill just to help another (ask "how much you have left?")
    The good old times, which definitely will not be back...
    :(
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Remember when you'd get blue spam because you had FB tabs?

Remember when Auction House was packed with molds and purple gear?

...and tomes. There used to be pages and pages of tomes. Now its empty. It still doesn't feel right to me to NPC a mold hahah, but I do of course.

I just read WarrenWolfy's guide again the other day and in his examples he uses the gold price at 800k - Man wouldn't that be nice.

I'm also still amazed at the depth of the guides in this game really showcasing what the early players knew (I've tried to find similar guides and advice playing -CRAB BATTLE- but nothing comes even close)

But yeah, the AH really shows how things have changed over the years....
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Friendship Quest! no one does that anymore, ppl used to wc like mad for ppl to help them with it, ahh the good ole days.

These things, good or bad are just the game's evolution, chances r if we were all popped back into 2008 PWI we'd be like holy ** I hate this :/

I remember winning a sot in packs when they first came out and I sold it for 75m, i felt like the richest person on the server, saw one going for 2bn on morai the other day
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    11k tokens? Puh-lease.

Remember when packs first came out where 20k was considered the standard price for tokens? b:cute

Simba... REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!

Tokens first came out, the price was ranging around 13K by the end of the last day. Packs were removed, price jumped to 26K. Few weeks later packs back "to popular demand", and price plummeted down to 16k/15k. At least on Sanc anyways.
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Remember when we had a healthy economy before Bots came and ruin the value of coins?

Remember before when AH never reached the cap but now AH bids are at the cap with over 1000 bids?

Remember when coins actually had value and you actually had to work for them instead of going AFK and earning while you sleep or work?

remember when cashers used to sell coins in AH and needed F2p players for coins?
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Broken Bow Bluff/The Mines in 08/early 09.

A place where setting up a catshop was totally profitable because you'd always see at least 20ish people out there competing over the mobs for a while before squadding up because it was the only way to get those quests done.

Back when the blue glow of any 3* weapon was a sign you were elite and the green glow of TT was so rare you'd get focused on immediately when you showed up with one. A time when reaching level 89 was an accomplishment in and of itself and something we all dreamed of. Not to mention our super active community in fanatics and screenshots and all the awesome forum topics we had back then.

Pretty f***ing much this!!! the gear part, i remember how exited was after getting my first blue gear, and how lucky i felt when i got my first mold.

I remember how amazing was tanking an fb51 being lvl 52, and how hard the hits of drake felt xD

or my first fb19 that was the time i got into my first faction and the leader was a "pro" lvl 70 b:laugh
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We used the words "Door Mob" to designate important mobs needed to move forward in an instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gamer4jesus
    gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I remember gold beeing 60, 70 then finally 80k coins. b:surrender
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I remember gold beeing 60, 70 then finally 80k coins. b:surrender

^^I remember this and when the community was outraged when it hit 100k. When I worshiped my level 76 guild leader since 76 was amazing! And the only way to "quick level" was to get oracles, and deal with higher levels killing your level mobs and ksing b:chuckle

The thing is people are always going to like some changes and hate some. This is a free to play game based in and run based off of China. It is always going to have its problems unless PWI completely separates which China will never let happen i'm sure.

I mean right now even other *ahem* well known MMOs which can not be named, are about to put out an expansion, and if you read their forums half the community is raging, and guess what, 95% of them will probably keep playing just like most PWI players will keep saying they are going to quit and then do not.

I myself after the dragon orb fiasco quit for like 6 months then found myself logging in just to check stuff once a week, then once every few days..then once a day. The fact of the matter is, if you enjoy the game at all, and enjoy the community, and enjoy your friends, and guild, and just some basic day to day play, keep playing. If you don't, quit. There are many other mmos you can play. If you don't like micro-transactions, there are many pay to play games out there that do not run off them and have more stable economies (though much nastier communities overall I have found). Any F2P game i've ever played had a terrible economy after a while if it even lasted as long as PWI has.

If people need to rage, thats fine, but PWI is never really going to take most of what we are saying into account because they don't actually have to lol. When I came back I decided to play for fun and for friends and shrug off the changes and just do what I enjoy and avoid what I don't and its made PWI much nicer for me.b:bye
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I remember having to ask how long a group had left for a zhen spot,i remember trying to fin other zhen spots,i remember when the snow mew was a risk zhen spot because they hit hard.I remember farming my A off on material routes to get 6mill in a week to buy x2 mq packs!b:laugh
  • iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I remember when Nightspike Bloodguard was stilll called Mantavip. </3
  • Angels_Age - Dreamweaver
    Angels_Age - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    veronicae wrote: »

Remember when people used to wait at the start of delta for the waves to approach instead of doing spawn point delta and needed to use the auras as well in order to survive?

^ This
  • greatdanger
    greatdanger Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I remember when gold was 50 k . Then the anniversery came and ****ed up everything with the anniversery packs . The worst anniversery i've ever seen . And from there the game downfall . b:bye
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I remember when Nightspike Bloodguard was stilll called Mantavip. </3

I'm still salty that they changed his name.

I remember back when Dreamweaver was young and carefree...

Gold was 100k

Gamma was a thing.

Delta was a pain in the neck, requiring Vac powders, auras, and a barb with a brain.

Viriddis, Gouf, Crimson, and Jewelscalen were feared (I still have nightmares about Viriddis)

The constant QQ about Calamity taking over the TW map

If you power leveled, you were considered an oracle baby.

FC was hell frozen over 10 times (scrapped that quest after running for my life from Thunderclaw after he hit my level 8x wiz for 2k)

Only way to get rep was from doing quests, including One-Man Armies, and FB's

TT99 was expensive.

Level 85+ was spent grinding on Ultrafin Surpremes (which was a ranged class's playground)

Zhen. That is all. Still have nightmares about those spiders near Camp of the Intrepid.

Last 3 bosses in TT 3-3 took 3 hours alone.

I think that's it.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Remember when dying in delta ported some back to 1k Streams thus **** up the entire run?

Remember how people were QQing about how difficult to impossible the new SOT and aba instances would be for people trying to do their cultis and was going to cause a mass player rage quit?
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey does anyone remember Wizzies they were like a caster class from the human race...
    I am really curious does anyone recall them...

Ok in all seriousness though :) I remember when Wizzie's were a main and not just something that someone ran as an alt when they could r999 them in an afternoon so they could dominate.
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Remember when guild wars erupted over the levelling rights to the Spiders?
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey does anyone remember Wizzies they were like a caster class from the human race...

Ok in all seriousness though :) I remember when Wizzie's were a main and not just something that someone ran as an alt when they could r999 them in an afternoon so they could dominate.

My first main was a wizard.

I actually regret retiring her. But at that point, I'd invested so much time into my fish that there was no turning back.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Pepperidge farm remembers.

Wiz is my main. By far my favourite class, and the only classes I haven't played much is mystic and archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.