Sep. 24, pw2 will be released in CN (official news), updating

Comments

• Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hmm a new race with 2 new classes... would require alot stuffs to think/do.. new R9 for them, more new skills(lvl79/100, demon/sage versions, morai, primals), more balance them with the current classes... Maybe they probably been working on this since EarthGuard expansion which would be an acceptable time to do the tests even tho they worked also to add new expansions/contents. As someone said, new expansion with new race, will bring a lot of bugs. If there is really a new race, it might only come to PWI probably only next year. To add it in Xmas, might be way to early. Anyway, i hope there is really a new race, everyone is getting already bored of the actual ones. Lets just see if these ones don't make the game worse. Inb4MGWithStealthandAPS b:laugh
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And THERE is the floating city we see on our login screen since New Horizons. I knew it! b:cool
    the wizard for expample is a little kid with a "ball" like weapon whattafak

i really don't know what to think anymore :S

Maybe those are just a NPC trainers... Or something... Idk. Not sure what to think about it as well yet. But...

[TripMode]
    According to the War Avatar Cards, the original Psychic Saki might have been a wizard as she was a disciple of Tensa (who should upgrade her skills lol). If my guess on those arts being of NPC, and my other guess of them being trainers, then wizards and psychics could have the same trainer for new upgrades/skills/forms/whatever. But, as I'm rarely right, I digress.
    [/TripMode]

I think I had too many mana potions before posting this. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It would be cool if they changed the trainer NPCs to the actual characters depicted on the War Avatar Cards that are apparently the masters of each class.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Btw, is there a way where I can test this Shadowland III engine?

Just want to know if my pc could handle it b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It would be cool if they changed the trainer NPCs to the actual characters depicted on the War Avatar Cards that are apparently the masters of each class.

At least somewhere in the world they could appear to teach us something special. I would like that. Assuming they are still alive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014

from what i've seen its pretty much Swordsman 3 engine, you could just try that game
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You do know it is already september right? It will be released on 24th on PWCN so we know if it'll be a new game or an expansion in 2-3 weeks. Just sad we have to wait so long before they'll send it to us if it isb:surrender

I know that. He was, however, demanding official announcement on the PWI news page, that's the one I was referring to for later this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2014

I posted the specs around here somewhere. Will have to look it up again.

Edit: Found it...
    From what I've been able to determine, it's going to look similar to this.....

Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz and above
    Ram: 2 GB (3 GB or more recommended for Vista/7/8)
    Hard Disk: 8 GB Free Space
    Graphic Display: DirectX 9.0 level CPU (Geforce 9800GT or newer) with 1GB Video RAM or more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    At least somewhere in the world they could appear to teach us something special. I would like that. Assuming they are still alive.

What if they appear in Old Heaven's Tear? If I remember correctly we go back in time during the Chrono quest and every time we enter OHT basically, so if the masters are dead during our time, we could travel to the past! b:victory
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hmm, so, after those new speculated system specs... the game might become unplayable for me.
    Here's hoping they release it next year, and not this one. Enjoy the game a little longer! <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    From what I've been able to determine, it's going to look similar to this.....

Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz and above
    Ram: 2 GB (3 GB or more recommended for Vista/7/8)
    Hard Disk: 8 GB Free Space
    Graphic Display: DirectX 9.0 level CPU (Geforce 9800GT or newer) with 1GB Video RAM or more.

This reminded me actually from what I also read a while back but can't find it anymore, something about that PWI only runs on CPU-power and not GPU.

Was wondering what it takes to play current PWI/future PW2 (ofc not sure sofar yet) to walk around in archo max settings or doing TW and keeping 40+ FPS. I5 processor only can do so much, and any low-end Nvidia graphics card isn't cutting it, so what does?

Sorta-off topic but it's also related to Pw2 :P
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    Klinsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So it is a new game then...? Or just an expansion?

This IS the time of year a new PWCN expansion is announced...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So it is a new game then...? Or just an expansion?

This IS the time of year a new PWCN expansion is announced...

We can still only assume atm. However, from the info gathered most are leaning towards an expansion.
    However, we will know 1005 on the 24th (so in a bit over 2 weeks) when it will launch in China.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • avoid
    avoid Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    attackerv wrote: »

====09/03--update================================
    let me give some translate about some important things in official news.

They called new race as Long ( pronunciation like that, mean hazy, obscure). two new classes is named dark shadow ( phy) and moon fairy (caster)

Long is dragon in chinese.
    so this new race is dragon people, i guess.
    sounds awesome.
  • MsDub - Heavens Tear
    MsDub - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You all are stupid to think this is same game it clearly says sequal to perfect world. Rank 9 won't exist here so all got screwed lol.http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140901/73471.shtml
    Just except it. Either you transition over or continue playing until this game is dead.
    Everyone knows new people won't give this game a shot because it takes to long to catch up. Good playing the dying pw1. Lol
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You all are stupid to think this is same game it clearly says sequal to perfect world. Rank 9 won't exist here so all got screwed lol.http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140901/73471.shtml
    Just except it. Either you transition over or continue playing until this game is dead.
    Everyone knows new people won't give this game a shot because it takes to long to catch up. Good playing the dying pw1. Lol

Even the chinese players still debates whether it's a new game or expansion, they should know better what that web page is saying.

How come thinking it as an expansion stupid, the news is still unclear, wanmei has the tendency to add +1 to their game titles even if it's not a sequel, it has no close beta and said to open beta on Sept 24, the news is posted on PW1 CN forum, there is no dedicated website for it also.

Until wanmei confirms it themself, speculation is all we have.
  • Nanami - Heavens Tear
    Nanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    PW is too old >_<) everything is so poligonal, yet it is still a great game, it just needs a nice makeover e_e) there are some f2p games out there with such nice graphics.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is why I never spend a lot of money in these types of games because your gonna get screwed eventually and pw has been good at that.But hey I rather see something new,im kinda tired of the stopping to have to use a skill every damn time anyways.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Actually the graphic is not too bad if everything is turned on, but it can't utilize newer hardwares I guess, if it's lagging in a crowded area it will still lag no matter how powerful your gaming rig is.
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, this should be interesting. Is there going to be an outright new game coming out or are we going to be getting an overhaul like no other?! I guess only time will tell.

Well, if it comes down to the later, I guess I'm just going to keep going as is with my current class, as interesting as those two new classes look and sound... I for what ever reason am going to pass.

My curiosity is more about the "hero" end of things. Well we have reawakened twice now, I'm half wondering if this "hero" thing will be like allowing each class to evolve or ascend to a new and higher form.

This is something that I have seen before elsewhere, pretty much same thing we did here, except the 2nd rebirth your class type changed i.e. if your were playing a fighter class you became a knight and all of your skills evolved with you. If that is the case, then COOOLL, I will be staying with my current but now evolved class and seeing what kind of new and interesting things it will be able to do.

Well, for now I'll just have to wait and keep checking back to see what's really going on one way or the other.
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    Klinsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    PW is too old >_<) everything is so poligonal, yet it is still a great game, it just needs a nice makeover e_e) there are some f2p games out there with such nice graphics.
    I just hope our character customizations will be compatible with a new game engine. *knows nothing about game engines*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The amount of effort going into everything makes it sound more like a new version of the game, separate from this one. With the amount of effort going in, they would have justification for a new version. Especially from business stand point, as they get extra revenue from new licensing fees. And PWI hasn't been generating the amount of money people seem to believe it is. Especially when current bloat is taken into account, and the way a new game would automatically devalue the worth of dollars to encourage higher spending.

As for the 12 heroes thing, you guys sure that it's a new system? Because I count 10 heroes at the moment, and the two new ones would make 12.

Also would make sense why they won't revert FCC. They may have some expansions for PWI even with a new game, but they aren't going to bother with any special coding. It won't be worth the effort in terms of return generated from it, so would work with that.
  • petrave
    petrave Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    wow a other update wanna gues how manny things wont work this time every update make things broken the people who make this update,s are really stuppid or dont care about pwi annymore
  • imnotwraith
    imnotwraith Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cant wait till it gets here at christmas b:laugh
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2014

You say ridiculous things.

This page says about 12 classes http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140905/73500.shtml ,
    and 10 from these - are ours (veno, barb, psy, sin, myst, wiz, seek etc). 2 are new.

About PW1 and PW2, u should don't misinformating players. There're 2 versions of PW - PW1 and PW2. PW1 - chinese pay-for-play version with housemaking, lvl 120 and other skills for new *old* races. PW2 is free-to-play game, PWI is a international version of PW2.

About new engine. Well if it brings such a serious novations like spell via running (non-target ?? lol), I think this may name as new game.
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    And PWI hasn't been generating the amount of money people seem to believe it is.

To be fair, if PWCN generates enough income, it's not surprising if Wanmei wanted to make such a big update (assuming it's an expansion). According to other people who know more about PWCN, R9 is much harder to get there and I think they don't have packs because gambling like that is against China's rules or something.

If PWCN is a much healthier game than PWI that still generates a steady income they have no reason to make a new game yet when they can update the existing one I guess. We just get whatever is sent to us.

...buuut only time will tell what it really is. New game or update.

• Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/140905/10021409891975163.jpg

It's definitely the flying city in our log-in screen. It pretty much seals it for me, it's going to be an expansion. b:chuckle

I really really really hope this hero class thing is free.

And I want long hair for the new race! Yes! Moon fairy (scythe class) has long hair which looks so pretty. I always wanted long hair for my toons b:surrender
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And I want long hair for the new race! Yes! Moon fairy (scythe class) has long hair which looks so pretty. I always wanted long hair for my toons b:surrender
    Problem of long hair is that it's not flexible and looks fine when char doesn't move. When it runs, hair intersects body's texture and doesn't look pretty at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Flatpaw - Lost City
    Flatpaw - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    there is one thing reading the translated page

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140903/73486.shtml

this paragraph right here ( the second paragraph) makes me strongly beleive it is a new game because they refer to it as a sequal

"Perfect World 2" CG trailer, male and female debut, its maneuvering fight scenes, reminiscent of the once beautiful classic fantasy masterpiece known whether the bold subversion in the new sequel, at the same time combat experience of the game is full of expectations. CG trailer occupied space in the huge mysterious figure, but also as a kind of role in which he opened the old canon, whether hiding terrible secrets, all this should be the full version of the CG open in order to know.

now i could be reading it wrong (or it translated wrong). I am actually hoping it is a new game and not a complete overhaul to the mechanics of the current game
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Even if the PW was still making money in china it still doesnt make much sense to invest that much rebuilding it. Far more likely its a totally new game that is reminiscent of the original so that those players will be interested in playing it- whilst also being promoted to people who have never played PW.

If themes/locations look similar it will be because a sequel will have similar themes and locations! :D
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010