Sep. 24, pw2 will be released in CN (official news), updating

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    too bad the devil looking guy isnt an evolution of seeker.... my seeker could look so hawt b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hm, I'm very on the fence about whatever this is. Changing PWI that drastically seems like an awful idea, plus I really doubt it would fix the game's actual problems.
    If it's a new game, I'm already playing another MMO like that and wouldn't give it a shot. Nothing PWE does, could even come close to that MMO ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Those horned ladies. b:dirty
    Not much discussion I can contribute now that I'm adamant it's just an expansion, and fairly neutral but positive.... well, aside from the ladies. Those're wonderful.
    Though it doesn't make sense for skillshots to be optional if they're being implemented. Unless I misunderstand how these specific ones work, it makes botting basically undoable and.... "archer1: I'm terrible (new skillshot user) archer2: I hit everyone hurur(target and click user)" that contrast makes no sensE??
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    attackerv wrote: »
    For moon fairy, she can channel her skill when moving.

there is a new city in pw2, called city in the air. it could be the city for the new race.

I want my wizard to channel while running. b:nosebleed

Also, the New Horizons art (and login screen) shows a floating city-like thing in it. I wonder if...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Based on translations from Mel, I have fairly large doubts that this will be a new game. It's most likely an expansion, being touted as a second iteration due to the graphical updates.

I donno, they could be doing what a certain other MMO developer done with their game when the first iteration flopped and resulted in the director quitting, and the rest of the team getting fired. The second iteration was complete revamp in all areas.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I donno, they could be doing what a certain other MMO developer done with their game when the first iteration flopped and resulted in the director quitting, and the rest of the team getting fired. The second iteration was complete revamp in all areas.

Sure, anything's possible.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Even the people on official Chinese forum still debates whether this is a new game or an expansion lol.

From business point of view, imo Perfect World mmo which we're playing right now still prints money all over the world, being their flagship game, I bet they won't tear their own flagship down, it'll be bad for business if they're focusing on a new Perfect World 2 game than the one that's already making money and still is, but anything is possible and only time will tell, I wish they reveal more about it soon, it's killing me >_<'
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    =========09/04 update============

two official news

one is backgound of new race ( sry, no interest to me)

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140904/73493.shtml

second one is about so called new engine for pw2 (ShadowlandsⅢ engine)

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140904/73494.shtml

here is some key translation

"Using live-action motion-capture technology, new design for all classes skills, really said goodbye to the fight in order to allow players to enjoy excellence comparable to arcade fighting game experience".

================================================
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    =========09/04 update============

two official news

one is backgound of new race ( sry, no interest to me)

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140904/73493.shtml

second one is about so called new engine for pw2 (ShadowlandsⅢ engine)

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140904/73494.shtml

here is some key translation

"Using live-action motion-capture technology, new design for all classes skills, really said goodbye to the fight in order to allow players to enjoy excellence comparable to arcade fighting game experience".

================================================

Thanks for the update! Nothing definitive on it being a new game or an expansion?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • attackerv
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the update! Nothing definitive on it being a new game or an expansion?

I personally believe this is 100% expansion, and old chars will still be there.

the only question is how much the game will be changed?

The company won't nvr nvr nvr say it is a expansion.

Wanmei already Named other two game expansion as XX2, even XX3. b:chuckle
    Main Chars in tidewell:
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    in order to allow players to enjoy excellence comparable to arcade fighting game experience".

Arcade? Sweeeet, lets rock PWI Double Dragon style! b:victory
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As awesome as this would be in PWI.........if it's limited to one class only while the others are still rooted, that's just wrong. Very wrong.

And sins have stealth and psychics have buffs that can't be purged. So what is a class has a skill effect unique to it. Seams like it's more of a possibility to me A strong opponent to a class like that would be a caster class since our shots never miss regardless of whether the target is running or not
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the new race looks like the devil
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, we gotta remember that they always fluff the news with "new awesome stuff!!" but what they (the players/game) actually get might not be as exciting..and what we actually get...well that's to be seen.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • catshop177
    catshop177 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lol people still believe it's an expansion.
    the vice-president/co-owner (w/e u guys want to call it) of PW had announced since 2013 that they are working on a project PW2, which would include 3d graphic and new style like the mmos of now days...but would still have all the classic stuff PWI does.
    my friend who is actually Chinese & play PW-CN version had already talked to the GMs/Admins of that game since she has connections, and they say it has nothing to do with their game.

Even if it is an expansion, it's probably for P2P version (which I highly doubt it is though).
    b:bye
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm somewhat leaning on believing it's an expansion but overall I still don't know and I won't believe anything/anyone until Sep.24 when it's supposedly going to be released for beta.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    catshop177 wrote: »
    lol people still believe it's an expansion.
    the vice-president/co-owner (w/e u guys want to call it) of PW had announced since 2013 that they are working on a project PW2, which would include 3d graphic and new style like the mmos of now days...but would still have all the classic stuff PWI does.
    my friend who is actually Chinese & play PW-CN version had already talked to the GMs/Admins of that game since she has connections, and they say it has nothing to do with their game.

Even if it is an expansion, it's probably for P2P version (which I highly doubt it is though).
    b:bye

She said, Archosaur Studios will be working on the old titles, replacing the old engines with new ones. They think that the old games may be outdated in terms of graphics and gameplay features, etc. those games still have the huge playerbase, so they decided to do a mega expansions for the old games. Not to mention, they recently released an expansion to Jade Dynasty and Forsaken World in china which made into Zhu Xian 3 and Forsaken World 2.

Going back to Perfect World, the date when the development has fully started is still unknown. But knowing she have already mentioned perfect world 2 last year, it seems that they have been working with the expansion earlier.
    edited September 2014
    And sins have stealth and psychics have buffs that can't be purged. So what is a class has a skill effect unique to it. Seams like it's more of a possibility to me A strong opponent to a class like that would be a caster class since our shots never miss regardless of whether the target is running or not
    Because fixing one massive imbalance with another isn't the solution. Yes, classes should have unique abilities and skills, but if the Tideborn taught us anything (as you kindly pointed out) its that that unique ability should not be an entire game changer in the favor of one class.
  • attackerv
    edited September 2014
    ==========09/05 update=====================

two official news ( nothing new than b4)

one is about new city. the floating city is for new race, mentioned b4

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140905/73499.shtml

second is about 12 class heroes background story ( still unknow what the hero system is )

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140905/73500.shtml

============================================
    Main Chars in tidewell:
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited September 2014

second is about 12 class heroes background story ( still unknow what the hero system is )

The second one keeps talking about "new chapter" and "second chapter"... Makes it seem like an expansion to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    maaan the classes are compleeetely different

the wizard for expample is a little kid with a "ball" like weapon whattafak

i really don't know what to think anymore :S
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Given that there has been absolutely 0 official word on this to PWI players, and with the roll out just a few days away, I don't see how this is an expansion.

I seem to remember very similar confusion a few years ago, just prior to the release of Forsaken World from the same publisher.

I think this is a completely new game that just riffs off a few of the memes of PW like FW did.
    edited September 2014
    Given that there has been absolutely 0 official word on this to PWI players
    And you would expect word based on what?
    We get sent patches with rather large game changes with absolutely no advance warningand sometimes no explanation even after the fact. The NA PWE team a lot of the time is left in the dark as to what Wanmei is doing. Given the entire history of PWI, there's more reason to expect for them to tell us nothing than to expect that they would :P
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Given that there has been absolutely 0 official word on this to PWI players, and with the roll out just a few days away, I don't see how this is an expansion.

I seem to remember very similar confusion a few years ago, just prior to the release of Forsaken World from the same publisher.

I think this is a completely new game that just riffs off a few of the memes of PW like FW did.

Ummmm we have never ever been informed about expansions from China when they get them. Chill of Luneska was released in PWCN in May and the first official news was posted on out site a week before the expansion hit us (what was it, beginning of August?).
    Same thing for the other expansions, basically, give or take a few weeks.
    If it is an expansion, I'd expect we'd get informed of it when shortly before we'd get it, possibly towards the end of November or later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If it is an expansion, I'd expect we'd get informed of it when shortly before we'd get it, possibly towards the end of November or later.

You do know it is already september right? It will be released on 24th on PWCN so we know if it'll be a new game or an expansion in 2-3 weeks. Just sad we have to wait so long before they'll send it to us if it isb:surrender
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    These 2 "new" characters look like amped up versions of a veno and a psychic to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    These 2 "new" characters look like amped up versions of a veno and a psychic to me.

Yet again, PWI displays the awesomeness of venos by making ANOTHER class that is hybrid to them :D b:laughb:laugh
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wonder what we will call them in PWI b:chuckle
    What about their Morai skills :O

I don't know why do you see them as an amped version of a psy and a veno... Scythe class looks pretty unique imo, ofc it's purely based on their descriptions.

BUT!

Who will add their skills to ecatomb page! >.<
    What about their sigils? Mage one is easy, a scythe ofc and a sword with eye for the melee one.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited September 2014

translated second link.
    Annual masterpiece "Perfect World 2" will officially open beta on September 24, six races twelve occupational hero debut New World, they are all equipped with special skills, gifted, fate let them meet in a perfect world, side by side accept new challenges. Every hero has a unique personality career and features everyone from them to find their own shadow, and "Perfect World 2" together, approached the twelve professional heroes, to understand their story.
    Night Shadow Occupational hero wind Jieao
    Death of a hero as a family, "Night Shadow - Wind Jieao" act decisively, agile, he carried "hazy knife", but has never been seen like knives, knife scabbard will Antiaris light, had the honor to see by key deceased. Chic suave as he was, surrounded by many of them surrounded by beautiful women, which is the most accessible of his way, and he always found the first time with intent killer, let instantly disappear. Love knife, love wine, love of beauty, which that is the "shadows of the night - wind Jieao" the most apt.
    May one thousand professional hero Southern Yue Xian Ling
    "Yue Xian - South May one thousand hills," called it "East Pole Witch", has much longer than other people's life, pondering the meaning of life so that she can continue to Nirvana rebirth. "Yue Xian - South March thousand hills" senior agent in charge of the shop, the patient came to fear for her interrogation are holding a "sickle" rumors she can cast spells to take people's lives in the rapid movement, and this legend is difficult and in front of the same good, hook and engaging young women together.
    Martial arts career hero centrifugal
    Hot body "martial arts - Centrifugal" Sword city is well-known bounty hunter, forthright character and superb martial arts so she is full of infinite charm martial arts. She is willing to work with their linked into good and evil forces, the bounty is an important measure of the standard of her business, but not the only one. In order to obtain the highest ever paid task, "martial arts - Centrifugal" began his journey to find the son of God to stay on the perfect successor to the mainland.
    War hero Mo Master Professional
    Known as the second largest Master Terran "Mo War", has the most powerful explosive. When he was a starving child, thanks to the kindness of the first Master Tian Cai adoption, only to revive the dying Mo War and brought up. No one can think of the body behind his weak contains what kind of energy, pale face in much wisdom deep in talent. He continues to study the magic and want to find out from which you can make your own spells to restore health, but often fails, powerful magic just to let more people feel threatened.
    Wicked professional hero Poshan
    That looks simple and honest honest, but in reality sleek greedy big tiger is the "Wicked - broken hill", he was an orphan, young experience made him believe that only money can bring so-called sense of security, so he always battles in the money on the road. "Wicked - broken hill" born too tall and strong, thick skin Maoyou Liang, people see him have distanced themselves from him, afraid that the next second his hand jin Shuangchui will pound them. No danger can make him feel fear, as long as there is money in the taste, there will be broken hill invincible figure.
    Fairy Glass Heroes Career
    "Fairy - Glass" is a stay Meng looks after small stature but lordosis Alice Fox, a professor in the Masters of Yaozu, she has been trying to learn to mimic human appearance. However, born clever naughty "Fairy - glass," but often inadvertently break a disaster. This gives ten thousand inhabitants of the city who brought a lot of trouble, but for this naughty little girl they still helpless. Whenever Chuangxia scourge, a naive and plump figure, will hide in a corner of the square of the city, until we forget these things, she playfully jumped out to continue her adventurous life.
    Career hero Lan Feng Yu Mang
    "Yu Mang - Lan Feng" is the family home of Prince feather, white wings behind him to prove his noble lineage. "Yu Mang - Lan Feng" bones light, elegant, his face is always wearing a sunny smile. He is dashing Wingkin best archers, target thousands of miles away can never miss. Lotte nature of his charity, commissioned for beauty, he is gladly. However, on the road together with the tiger demon Poshan not a good idea, too concerned about their own pocketbook broken hill, is often Lan Feng dashing gentleman's demeanor made the brothers are penniless.
    Yu Ling career hero Yunjin
    Blessed by God Yu family, was born with the talent as a healer, "Yu Ling - Yunjin" is Wingkin generation born first child, so much loved. However, Bing different talent, she has always imagined himself could not escape the mental stress that practitioners will be able to continue to maintain the tribe to escape her talent for sure. She even welcomed the future did not become worship, but also did not really get to practice and to absolve itself. Until there is a forest lost in the face of grieving knife, she could not help crying aloud in front of the tribe, she really brave enough to face himself, the excellent talent really use them. She has a mysterious therapy, surgery and other spiritual forces curse, and master the ability to revive, in Wingkin elders taught, she eventually became the gods of faith, and is willing to act as guardian of the partners.
    Professional assassin hero Mu wind
    "Assassin - Mu wind" is an excellent killer, he could in the crowd stealth, in case no one noticed, the move to the enemy side, the outbreak of the IAS and powerful enough to damage caused by dead ground instantly. But the assassination of skills can not happen overnight trained, skilled not only tricks, but more resolute decision. "Assassin - Mu wind" constantly challenging opponent, the physique hidden in the dark as the night shift the assassin of the heart, illuminating the sky the stars, and eventually became the most powerful assassin.
    Wizards professional hero Fei month
    As the youngest Xi tribe elders who succeeded to the throne, "the shaman - Fei month" are born with the power of prophecy, surrounded by floating crystal ball in hand, she can be issued so that the vast majority of soldiers are unmatched Xi tribe magic attacks. Wizards Tower in training, resulting in a deserted her indifferent character, also made her strong fighting force, she tries to control and guide the biological primitive instinct, and will show up by the soul force, strong suppression of opponents. "Sorcerer - Fei month" under the powerful prophetic ability, but also the son of God's call, perfect for tidal race on the continent guidance along the way.
    Spirit professional hero cherry charm pupil
    "Charm Spirit - Sakura pupil" has and age does not match the cool, eccentric indifferent whenever she has a look of alarm. She summoned plants, come to disturb the "uninvited guest" small Shi discipline, let everyone know Eldar ancestors most powerful skill "manipulation of plants" in her hands is how to use freely. Almost lost Eldar ancestors "manipulation of plants," the secret law, in the "spirit charm - Sakura pupil" in the hands of the play swirling brilliant, really let the tribe cried. This little girl just how complicated the body with energy, and their ancestors manipulation of plants Mystic how powerful moment in the whole tribe of attention in the sacred opportunity to bloom out vividly.
    Career hero Shura sword of the Spirit
    "Sword of the Spirit - Shura" temper boring, Cherishing such as gold, he followed the teacher to learn the world of the law, to follow the order of the world, a large sword that just do not understand the devious personality behind as rigid. The sword skills, "sword of the Spirit - Shura" Kim can force elements attached to the blade, melee opponents, stature flexible, vicious sharp moves, so that the enemy off guard. Jieruchou Shura, always go for the good and evil forces, justice, and become ancient Protoss justice handed down incarnation - "passers sentence" is the goal he wants to fight.
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    translate the first llink:
    Will be held September 24 grand beta of 3D online game "Perfect World 2", in the new engine Shadowlands Ⅲ carrying bear the classic sequel of "responsibility" not only to uphold the idea of ​​freedom before double vision and movement, but also in the original Some three-dimensional scene to create a more multi-level architecture of the world. Today "Perfect World 2" main city of the original painting for the first time exposure, see how Shadowlands Ⅲ engine interpretation of the player in mind, "Perfect World."
    In traditional 3D online games, players experience the most beautiful land, and the scene in the sky or underwater, always create a thorough enough, players are difficult to enjoy the scene in addition to the land, to watch the fight and even complete the task. Shadowlands Ⅲ shattered this bottleneck, has been published in two of the original painting, you can clearly depict scenes constructed concept of the new engine.
    [Break free of the shackles of the visual sense "perfect" needs diversification]
    In this bizarre oriental fantasy world, every odd elephant are not surprising, strange to talk about each one has become commonplace, which is the ancestral dragon studio for "Perfect World 2" "private custom" scene concept. Players can see where full of Chinese traditional culture, architecture, you can see the magnificent magnificent mountains and streams, also, or meteor flying rocks from outer space, or the legendary city in the sky.
    [Pursuit of details Shadowlands Ⅲ do "masterpiece"]
    Allows players to truly get rid of the shackles of the visual sense, not just the space frame and elemental fusion scene, but also to create a "masterpiece" in the details. Shadowlands Ⅲ material in every detail of the scene are quite sophisticated, not only to restore its proper sense of the material in the real world, and also its effect on the reflected light, and strive realistic.
    As the first exposure of the two original paintings, Shadowlands Ⅲ engine has just the right to express their will in "Perfect World 2" in the "ambition", I believe more in the next surfaced in the "real Yen", players will harvest more surprises and expectations.

Seems to be a whole new game and not an expansion. That doesnt means the PW we play now will be replaced with the new one.
    giphy.gif