Is the change char name stone ever going to get a sale?

Options
Xdmghyper - Lost City
Xdmghyper - Lost City Posts: 207 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Hello,

I have been playing for like 6 years and have always want to change my name and I'm glad they have that option now but for 31 gold is a bit too much don't you think? So I was wondering when are the gm going to have that stone on sale?

***Edited with new questions***

1) I also wanted to know if my bank items, mail items, and inventory items will be lost if I change my name?

2) Will my levels and skills stay the same too?

3) Will the name change be immediate or will I have to wait like a few days and miss out on quest?
Post edited by Xdmghyper - Lost City on

Comments

• Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    At 31 gold, it is on sale..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    No, 31 is not too cheap. Making that a higher price item makes it less worthwhile to abuse it. It's already on sale at 31 anyway.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    No, 31 is not too cheap. Making that a higher price item makes it less worthwhile to abuse it. It's already on sale at 31 anyway.

It's the longest time I've ever seen anything on sale in the cash shop b:laugh
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hello,

I have been playing for like 6 years and have always want to change my name and I'm glad they have that option now but for 31 gold is a bit too much don't you think? So I was wondering when are the gm going to have that stone on sale?

There's nothing wrong with your name b:avoid
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    It is on sale.

It's 40 bucks otherwise.. I should know, I've had to use it twice.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    It is on sale.

It's 40 bucks otherwise.. I should know, I've had to use it twice.

I think I got mine around Sept/October 2013 - when they first came out and I don't remember them being 40.

Guess price went up .. owie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    Options
    1) I also wanted to know if my bank items, mail items, and inventory items will be lost if I change my name?

3) Will the name change be immediate or will I have to wait like a few days and miss out on quest?
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Nothing left and it's made instant. Just do and you have new with old toon and items. No worry!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    As far as I remember you'll just be asked to re-log and then everything will be the same but with a new name (people's friends list will be updated too). The only thing that doesn't change is the name on gear "Manufactured by ______" won't change.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    It also announces as faction notice in chat (similar to someone leaving/joining the faction) that person X has changed their name to Y.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

1: no
    2: yes
    3: nearly instant.

The server will boot you to change the name, you can log in directly afterward however and nothing with be missing in your name will change.

As stated above gear will remain as it was (including name). All that happens is your name gets switched in the database for your character's ID
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I think I got mine around Sept/October 2013 - when they first came out and I don't remember them being 40.

Guess price went up .. owie.

mmhmm, yeah very expensive. Highly suggested to pick a name you're completely satisfied with.

But at least they allow it, after requesting this option for so many years.
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hello,

***Edited with new questions***

mmhmm, yeah very expensive. Highly suggested to pick a name you're completely satisfied with.

But at least they allow it, after requesting this option for so many years.

I heard some other PWE games only charges like $4 for a name change and PWI charges $32 b:surrender
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I heard some other PWE games only charges like $4 for a name change and PWI charges $32 b:surrender

Imagine what they would charge for a sex change ... err ... gender change if they were to ever offer that in the boutique.

OMG did I just say that....
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    There is an alt I would change but 30 gold?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.