[Maintenance Discussion]-9-2-14 COMPLETE

Comments

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dan555c3 wrote: »
    Hope u will fix chat glitch, is very very annoying!
    have to agree about the chat glitch its very annoying

There are 2 ways to fix this:
    1. Verify your files by clicking the "Verify" button on the launcher.
    2. When ingame press "U", go to the "Game" tab and disable the grey system message on all chats (you can still have this grey system on the "General" chat).

Mr. Justice
  • Enelman - Heavens Tear
    Enelman - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dan555c3 wrote: »
    do you know or not?

yes lol i moved from malaysian server to west coast servers then, as soon as the US servers went live
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Invader Zim. Mostly because of Gaz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SQuHWdit58
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • shadowgriff
    shadowgriff Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thank you for that info don't think alot of players knew about that
  • Evertide - Lost City
    Evertide - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    about fc...because i see every1 talking bout it........ I used to like fc alot cuz it took away the long hours. i didnt have to grind lvls away... and make some coins... but honestly since fc has gone away now... u actually see people asking for the lower lvl things like bh59 and stuff like that... where before there was no spam for it unless it was for cultivation.... i think this is good for the economy of pwi.... new players that come into the game... actually learn to do Bounty Hunter quests and how to do pv... and not get to lvl 70 and frost to lvl 100..... I like to help newer players and i notice alot of the new players that actually have come to the game... only know about frost... they dont know what pv is.... or even what a bh is... they believe it is a high lvl dialy....

i understand that for the people that dont have the opportunity to spend hours and hours on the game liked fc.... but honestly now adays with the revamps to quests they even nerf'd some of the quests to be less mobs to kill..... and afk zones and crazy stone and Lucid with all the fruits and stuff u get and questmaster that gives tickets for 200k experience at the beginning, morai quest/xp items at lvl 95..... yes u will have to wait for the prestiege but arent u gonna work at that anyways?..... honestly whats the rush to lvl 100 anyhow? lemme tell u this what usually happiens at lvl 100.... u stand in arch waiting for a instance spot... or do ur dailies.. or even better u start the mad rush to lvl 100 all over and roll another alt..... and wait for nation wars/territory wars on the wknds... or the most popular u complain u are bored and pwi is trash and u pretend to quit....... anyways ty gms and every1 that works hard to make pwi a really good game to play even if its just a font change. ty for fixing it... i challenge any1 to find another game as good or better then pwi with all the options pwi has.... cuz i havent been able to find one....

Maintenance Question: What was or is your favorite cartoon, and why?
    Dark wing duck =D
  • Enelman - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2014
    thank you for that info don't think alot of players knew about that

you are welcome, i started playing in august 2008 but i dont understand malaysian lol b:chuckle
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2014
    I bestow upon thee this week's manual patches. Use them well.

EN:
    811-813

DE:
    321-322

FR:
    278-279
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Clone Wars - but maybe its not technically a cartoon? Good series because the whole family could watch it together.
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Servers still down?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadowgriff
    shadowgriff Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i have to agree about everyone in a rush to get to lvl 100 and i wondered about the fruit too sense you end up with so many quest that are much lower lvl then your toon is that you really don't get much exp for going back and doing them later nor do you really every catch up on quest to your own lvl if you start with the lower ones

as far as i have seen PWI is the best game out there
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot can confirm the servers are back up! Yay!

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 123ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 107ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 106ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 118ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 65ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 98ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 20ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 150ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• pwiforever
    pwiforever Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Guys if hypers wont be fix mean no more alts, so less people who need tt mats so another way to farm disappears or is not worth.. already peopple begun to sell tt gold mats with 2-3 mill less than normal and not 2x drop yet :P
  • Enelman - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2014
    about fc...because i see every1 talking bout it........ I used to like fc alot cuz it took away the long hours. i didnt have to grind lvls away... and make some coins... but honestly since fc has gone away now... u actually see people asking for the lower lvl things like bh59 and stuff like that... where before there was no spam for it unless it was for cultivation.... i think this is good for the economy of pwi.... new players that come into the game... actually learn to do Bounty Hunter quests and how to do pv... and not get to lvl 70 and frost to lvl 100..... I like to help newer players and i notice alot of the new players that actually have come to the game... only know about frost... they dont know what pv is.... or even what a bh is... they believe it is a high lvl dialy....

i understand that for the people that dont have the opportunity to spend hours and hours on the game liked fc.... but honestly now adays with the revamps to quests they even nerf'd some of the quests to be less mobs to kill..... and afk zones and crazy stone and Lucid with all the fruits and stuff u get and questmaster that gives tickets for 200k experience at the beginning, morai quest/xp items at lvl 95..... yes u will have to wait for the prestiege but arent u gonna work at that anyways?..... honestly whats the rush to lvl 100 anyhow? lemme tell u this what usually happiens at lvl 100.... u stand in arch waiting for a instance spot... or do ur dailies.. or even better u start the mad rush to lvl 100 all over and roll another alt..... and wait for nation wars/territory wars on the wknds... or the most popular u complain u are bored and pwi is trash and u pretend to quit....... anyways ty gms and every1 that works hard to make pwi a really good game to play even if its just a font change. ty for fixing it... i challenge any1 to find another game as good or better then pwi with all the options pwi has.... cuz i havent been able to find one....

Maintenance Question: What was or is your favorite cartoon, and why?
    Dark wing duck =D

long winded but well saidb:cute
  • Evertide - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    i have to agree about everyone in a rush to get to lvl 100 and i wondered about the fruit too sense you end up with so many quest that are much lower lvl then your toon is that you really don't get much exp for going back and doing them later nor do you really every catch up on quest to your own lvl if you start with the lower ones

as far as i have seen PWI is the best game out there

there is this thing... that pop's up EVERYTIME u lvl... if u actually explore it... it shows rookies the right quests to complete for that lvl..... soo...... if u are lvl 50 and doing lvl 20 quest? that is not pwi's fault.... its ur own...... and u can use this anytime u want as it is on a tab in ur tool bar.....
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Favourite Cartoon?

Hmmm...

Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, OBAN star-racers, Avatar series (The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra). There are a few others that I really love but I guess these are my favourite favourite.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sziporka - Morai
    Sziporka - Morai Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Regarding the maintaince question: my cartoon is Chip n' Dale - Rescue Rangers, and I can finally clarify, my name, Sziporka (in Hungarian language) came from this Walt Disney animated series, she is the female mouse inventor Gadget Hackwrench, and no pork! b:chuckle
  • Evertide - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    Favourite Cartoon?

Hmmm...

Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, OBAN star-racers, Avatar series (The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra). There are a few others that I really love but I guess these are my favourite favourite.

i liked the last airbender also =) always got/still get addicted to that show when it runs lol
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    QQ more. Pro people actually do play the game instead of crying about not being able to skip 99% of the game to get to end game status. You are a perfect example of why the game was broken with hypering in FC.

I love it how these frost baby QQers claim that disabling hypers in frost is going to cause the game's demise when the population started to decline steadily AFTER they enabled hypers in frost then selling endgame gear in the cash shop. It's these people who demand the instant gratification of getting endgame status without actually playing the game causing the game's demise. We veterans have watched this unfold.

I love the game without FC hypering in it. People ask "When is FC going to be fixed?" First off FC as an instance is not broken. Hypering in said instance however is. Here is a little story for everyone.

Once upon a time there was PWI. And in this PWi was a thing called a "Quest List". And everyone did quests and got exp and rewards and leveled.

I joined the game about 3-4 months after Arch server was born. I remember when getting to 90 and getting your TT90 gear was big big stuff. I remember the day Arch got their first lvl 100 person. I remember when BH39 was filled with level appropriate players and not one person begging for "Some high level to solo." Oh the good old days when men were men women were women and people actually played the game. b:surrender b:sad
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    there is this thing... that pop's up EVERYTIME u lvl... if u actually explore it... it shows rookies the right quests to complete for that lvl..... soo...... if u are lvl 50 and doing lvl 20 quest? that is not pwi's fault.... its ur own...... and u can use this anytime u want as it is on a tab in ur tool bar.....

Could use those old unfinished quests for rebirth.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The servers are up and the event is broken, nice going b:laugh

Mr. Justice
  • Evertide - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    Could use those old unfinished quests for rebirth.

this is what i did for my first rebirth... i explored the game all over again... it took me awhile to gain lvl 100 again but i actuallly found myself playing for hours at a time again loved it.... 2nd rb was lil dif but i still quested a lil (as i had saved fruits to lvl up faster)
  • aca#7274
    aca#7274 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thats amasing.. I spend enough time here already and I dont intend to include PWI games as one of my lifetime goal.. common guys its game... FC was nice, hypering in the FC was nice. But if the chiness doesnt think you should hyper in FC then thats just tough ****.. its there server I just buy the gold.. and thats how they like it.. It business man..
  • Aurora - Raging Tide
    Aurora - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well until frost is fixed I'll just keep doing raccoon dailies then afk for the next 24 hours and stop spending hundreds a week on gold. Which also goes for 2 of my cousins and a few other people I know. I can't speak for other people but at least I can say PWI will lose about $500 a week from our end until they fix it. We spend a great deal of time lvln alts and just messing around in frost. GM You are more than welcome to check my transaction history and see that all the $100 purchases every week just suddenly stopped when you ****ed up frost.

Without frost what is there to do... Hmm, for majority of the server? Dailies, Maybe PV, and that's about it. What's that you say? pvp? Although the 5-10% of players who 1 shot the rest of the server pretty much ruin pvp. Here are your options. CS thousands of dollars like almost every one of them did, or use the sin you worked so hard on to sell frost ru.... oh what. Or sell hh mats oh no market flooded and no one buys mats anymore. Well you could always bot for full r9 oh no they limited that so that you can only make a tiny bit and so that low lvls get no coin at all from it. Do those morons who run this game not realize that people don't want to play a game that is ridiculously unbalanced for farmers vs visa? They want to remove all possible ways of efficiently making money without spending real cash.

I spend a lot of real money on the game but I can. Not everyone has hundreds to throw away on a game regularly. They think by eliminating farming they will force people to CS more. It doesn't take a genius to realize all that will do is cause most players to quit the game resulting in much less overall income. Those people who put in 10-20 bucks here and there adds up. Stop acting like super CSers are the only people playing this game.

Yes I'm already over 100 rb2 and I still say it's bogus. If they want to make it fair for everyone they should erase 100% of all hypered exp ever gained in frost by any character.

They make all the newer content in the game for 100+ mostly rb then they take out frost so that anyone else, mainly new players have a massive disadvantage. At least let people PV as much as they want every day.

To any new players or anyone thinking about playing the game. You will now have to lvl for months and months to even think about catching up to the average lvl in this game. Then the fun part. After you reach 100 rb you then have to farm dailies for months to get your passive def skills to go along with hundred of hundreds of dollars in gear just to hope you wont get 1 shot in pvp. Once you reach 100 rb2 you can get passives faster even though no one ever does uch.

At this point removing frost lvling pretty much locked the game in a state of one simple statement....

If you're a new player. DON'T BOTHER. Go play a different game.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    After you reach 100 rb you then have to farm dailies for months to get your passive def skills to go along with hundred of hundreds of dollars in gear just to hope you wont get 1 shot in pvp.
    It's very easy to get competitive pve gear on pwi. And considering how many ppl play on pve servers blue named, I doubt all of them are that ambitious to wish to beat most of the players in pvp.

By the way you can get 1shot in pvp even if you are endgame +12 best gems available, best cards lvled. No one is safe :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's very easy to get competitive pve gear on pwi. And considering how many ppl play on pve servers blue named, I doubt all of them are that ambitious to wish to beat most of the players in pvp.

By the way you can get 1shot in pvp even if you are endgame +12 best gems available, best cards lvled. No one is safe :D

Amen! Thank you, I see this ALL the time b:chuckle
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    Well until frost is fixed I'll just keep doing raccoon dailies then afk for the next 24 hours and stop spending hundreds a week on gold. Which also goes for 2 of my cousins and a few other people I know. I can't speak for other people but at least I can say PWI will lose about $500 a week from our end until they fix it. We spend a great deal of time lvln alts and just messing around in frost. GM You are more than welcome to check my transaction history and see that all the $100 purchases every week just suddenly stopped when you ****ed up frost.

Without frost what is there to do... Hmm, for majority of the server? Dailies, Maybe PV, and that's about it. What's that you say? pvp? Although the 5-10% of players who 1 shot the rest of the server pretty much ruin pvp. Here are your options. CS thousands of dollars like almost every one of them did, or use the sin you worked so hard on to sell frost ru.... oh what. Or sell hh mats oh no market flooded and no one buys mats anymore. Well you could always bot for full r9 oh no they limited that so that you can only make a tiny bit and so that low lvls get no coin at all from it. Do those morons who run this game not realize that people don't want to play a game that is ridiculously unbalanced for farmers vs visa? They want to remove all possible ways of efficiently making money without spending real cash.

I spend a lot of real money on the game but I can. Not everyone has hundreds to throw away on a game regularly. They think by eliminating farming they will force people to CS more. It doesn't take a genius to realize all that will do is cause most players to quit the game resulting in much less overall income. Those people who put in 10-20 bucks here and there adds up. Stop acting like super CSers are the only people playing this game.

Yes I'm already over 100 rb2 and I still say it's bogus. If they want to make it fair for everyone they should erase 100% of all hypered exp ever gained in frost by any character.

They make all the newer content in the game for 100+ mostly rb then they take out frost so that anyone else, mainly new players have a massive disadvantage. At least let people PV as much as they want every day.

To any new players or anyone thinking about playing the game. You will now have to lvl for months and months to even think about catching up to the average lvl in this game. Then the fun part. After you reach 100 rb you then have to farm dailies for months to get your passive def skills to go along with hundred of hundreds of dollars in gear just to hope you wont get 1 shot in pvp. Once you reach 100 rb2 you can get passives faster even though no one ever does uch.

At this point removing frost lvling pretty much locked the game in a state of one simple statement....

If you're a new player. DON'T BOTHER. Go play a different game.

Oh my...A wall of QQ.

Allow me to summerize this: "IF I can't bypass 99% of the game to level my toon from nothing to endgame in some instance in a day or two then I'm going to ragequit!! What's the point of me paying to win if I have to actually play the game!"

There.

• Aurora - Raging Tide
    Aurora - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh so pvp must be all even then. Cuz when you hit someone for 65k and they hit you for 200 that sounds pretty fun. Specially when it's always the same few people who you fight day in and day out. At least merge the servers together. 400 people in a NW? Pathetic. Mind you that's 400 people and about 80 who are actually playing. Rest afk/alts.

Remember the old days when there was tons of people of all lvl ranges? Now 50-100 active players on a server.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    Oh so pvp must be all even then. Cuz when you hit someone for 65k and they hit you for 200 that sounds pretty fun. Specially when it's always the same few people who you fight day in and day out. At least merge the servers together. 400 people in a NW? Pathetic. Mind you that's 400 people and about 80 who are actually playing. Rest afk/alts.

Remember the old days when there was tons of people of all lvl ranges? Now 50-100 active players on a server.

Frost is one of the main reasons why there are very few people in all level ranges. That's fixed now so maybe there will now be people in all level ranges again.

Oh, and just how is hyper leveling in an instance going to cause someone not to be 1 shot for 65K? LOL

• SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Fix the text in sage disturbed soul.It says it gives target increased channel time lolb:laugh
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for fixing the font. b:cute
    b:bye