Sep. 24, pw2 will be released in CN (official news), updating

Comments

• lodez
    lodez Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    According to what i read and I understand chinese. The game will be based on 6 races with 12 heros and using the latest engine. You will be able to cast spells and fight while moving and its only a open beta released on september 24. So in this case, i don't think it is an upgrade of the game, probably a new game altogether.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Im glad another version is coming out,Im tired of degrading my great system on this old game that wont let it work at full potential,The weak system r9rrr can stay in their lil world and we all with advance systems can move..to ours MEWHAHAHAHAAHHAHAb:laugh
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wonder if this is part 2 of the "anniversary" stuff.
    b:bye
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I wonder if this is part 2 of the "anniversary" stuff.

Our anniversary is unrelated to China so... no. b:sweat
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lodez wrote: »
    According to what i read and I understand chinese. The game will be based on 6 races with 12 heros and using the latest engine. You will be able to cast spells and fight while moving and its only a open beta released on september 24. So in this case, i don't think it is an upgrade of the game, probably a new game altgeter.

Yeah... and that would also delve with the QQ over in the Chinese forums as well. They must be thousands of people who have invested just as much in the game (in time, if not money) as those players in the western markets... and they know the writing is on the wall as far as updates, bug fixes, and new content for the current game is concerned
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Our anniversary is unrelated to China so... no. b:sweat

Wow really? I would have never known! Thank you so much for enlightening me!

On a serious note... PWI likes to lump stuff together. Wouldn't surprise me if they took an expansion or whatever and use it as a marketing tool such as a pwi anniversary event or w/e.
    b:bye
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    Klinsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    New skillshots game mechanics (neverwinter\swordsman style) imply that all the current classes have to get heavily modified aswell if not entirely replaced,
    so this can't be just an update since the whole current game will have to be modified to adapt the new game mechanics...

I really wish this would be just an update myself, but they wouldn't have called it PW2, they would've called it with a name like they did for all the other major patches...

Also we've never received a patch of this "quality", 6 races and 12 classes at once? in an update? Let's be serious, if they would've devved such things for an expansion, they would've released the races 1by1 as they did with EGs and TBs

This is a new game guys...
    I'm still not convinced. Didn't PWCN get their 'original' dev team back last year? This is what they could've been working on...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    New skillshots game mechanics (neverwinter\swordsman style) imply that all the current classes have to get heavily modified aswell if not entirely replaced,
    so this can't be just an update since the whole current game will have to be modified to adapt the new game mechanics...

I really wish this would be just an update myself, but they wouldn't have called it PW2, they would've called it with a name like they did for all the other major patches...

Also we've never received a patch of this "quality", 6 races and 12 classes at once? in an update? Let's be serious, if they would've devved such things for an expansion, they would've released the races 1by1 as they did with EGs and TBs

This is a new game guys...

This could be just an expansion.

1) If you've been following Perfect World Beijing recently, they did the same thing with Forsaken World and Jade Dynasty's expansion few months ago, which made Forsaken World into Forsaken World 2, and Zhu Xian 2 into Zhu Xian 3 in China.

Official website of Zhu Xian 3 in china: http://zhuxian.wanmei.com

Forsaken World 2 : http://shenmo.wanmei.com/

2) If I remembered correctly, Jade Dynasty was crafted using the Angelica 3D engine. When the major expansion came last year, it had a graphic engine upgrade with the new "Destroyer IV" engine as Wanmei stated. Now for Perfect World, "Shadowlands III." Same thing with Saint Seiya Online way back in 2012. Wanmei said it was powered by the new "Athena Engine" but later, it was known that it's the same "Angelica III" http://mmoculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Athena-Engine.jpg

3) The official website of the old Perfect World (our version) is written on Perfect World 2's logo (w2i.wanmei.com). If this was a new game, it should have its teaser and different website by now. Furthermore, those Perfect World 2 updates were posted in the old website. http://w2i.wanmei.com/main.htm

4) Chinajoy2014 just ended last month, if this was a new game, they would've announced this game in Chinajoy2014 like what they're doing with every new game they have. Announcing it a month or couple of weeks/days before Chinajoy will take place.

5) it would take at least 1 - 2 years before releasing like Swordsman, Saint Seiya Online, Holy King and the new Legend Of the condor heroes: ZERO.

6) Lastly, the 6 races you mentioned.. they were referring to the old 5 races of Perfect World + 1 which is the new one = 6 races.

I actually have already expected the coming of Perfect World 2 when Archosaur Studios' return was announced last year by Wanmei. It happened just a few days after announcing the major expansion for Zhu Xian 3 in china, then few months later, Forsaken World 2. I was surprised they didn't announced Perfect World 2 in Chinajoy2014 last month, but instead, they celebrated its 10-year anniversary. I was still updating myself on Perfect World's major expansion, scouring china news websites (17173.com) as well as PW's official website (w2i.wanmei.com) even after Chinajoy2014 left me scratching my head lol.. until few days ago (yeyy! :D) :3
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Wow really? I would have never known! Thank you so much for enlightening me!

On a serious note... PWI likes to lump stuff together. Wouldn't surprise me if they took an expansion or whatever and use it as a marketing tool such as a pwi anniversary event or w/e.
    With all the complaints, whining, QQ, and so on that goes on here nowadays (some far less justified than others) I'd rather it be evident than not.

As for the rest... we get stuff like expansions several months after China does and this is just entering the test run over there. So unless they kept this from us until next year there's no way it would be part of an "anniversary" thing. Look at how long it took between people learning about the content update in China and PWI announcing "hey guys we're getting a new update called Chill of Luneska in about a month or so" as an example. So even if they wanted to bundle this into an anniversary thing they wouldn't be able to and wouldn't have any information to use for it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The news is posted on w2i.wanmei.com, isn't it CN's Perfect World officical website like PWI, if it's a new game why would they posted it there, should make a new website for it, but they call the game as 《完美国际2》 while the version we're playing is called 《完美国际》.

Google translation from the news says : "new race emerges, everything started from here ..."
    If it's a new different game, emerge from where ? It's a new race, new race for what game, it needs and old game for that, might be an expansion. I agree with jinnight721, it should be an expansion, they refer stuffs from our perfect world.

Still there isn't ingame screenshot posted yet, all we have are concept arts and CG trailer with **** and slash type of battle, I would guess this is a new expansion.
  • archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    freygin wrote: »
    The news is posted on w2i.wanmei.com, isn't it CN's Perfect World officical website like PWI, if it's a new game why would they posted it there, should make a new website for it, but they call the game as 《完美国际2》 while the version we're playing is called 《完美国际》.

Google translation from the news says : "new race emerges, everything started from here ..."
    If it's a new different game, emerge from where ? It's a new race, new race for what game, it needs and old game for that, might be an expansion. I agree with jinnight721, it should be an expansion, they refer stuffs from our perfect world.

Still there isn't ingame screenshot posted yet, all we have are concept arts and CG trailer with **** and slash type of battle, I would guess this is a new expansion.

Yeah, just an update and a name change ("Wanmei Shijie" to "Wanmei Goji" = they're both Perfect World), but still the old thing.
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I believe it is a expansion, like most pwi_cn players in their forum.

But I won't argue that. Don't expect Wanmei give a official news, say it is an expansion. they always say this is new, new, new.....

in my understanding, as long as old char still be there, it is a expansion, no matter what changed, or it is a new game.

let me give some translate about some important things in their news.

They called new race as Long ( pronunciation like that, mean hazy, obscure). two new classes is named dark shadow ( phy) and moon fairy (caster)

seems two new weapons for two new classes. a new sword (phy) and a sickle (caster), which also shown in pw2 logo

they give some descriptions about new class heroes ( keep in mind, this is hero, not class char).

For dar shadow (phy), he can rush to enemy from far away. control enemy is his characteristic

For moon fairy, she can channel skill when moving.

there is a new city in pw2, called city in the air. it could be the city for the new race.

still no clue how to make hero in game, is it like a pet, genie?

I will update once have official news
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    attackerv wrote: »
    For moon fairy, she can channel skill when moving.
    As awesome as this would be in PWI.........if it's limited to one class only while the others are still rooted, that's just wrong. Very wrong.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As awesome as this would be in PWI.........if it's limited to one class only while the others are still rooted, that's just wrong. Very wrong.

It might be nothing different from insta-cast skills, except with this class the channeling bar shows up and makes you unable to cast anything else during that root. (f.e. a skill that roots the target as long as it is casting while being free to move isn't that OP) It's actually a quite logical skill for a control/caster class to have.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    well this thread

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/thread-2476891-1-1.html

talks about a new game completely overturning the old game with a completely new world
    the main city will be a floating in the sky city...

so goodbye Archosaur?

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/thread-2475751-1-1.html

here they talk about a sequel, not an expansion

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/thread-2477436-1-1.html

here they talk with a storyline that has nothing to do with current storyline

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/thread-2477434-1-1.html

but here they talk about just these 2 new classes,

seems 1 dex based melee class

and 1 support caster with heavy sustain abilities

it's kinda confusing... let's see
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If its an expansion, I just hope they make the new combat system optional. I hate the skillshots. Oh, and I don't want to start from square 1 again either.

Either way this turns out, considering the date of this, I'm getting an expansion either way. I expand to the point of living another year on that date. LOL.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm really interested in what the hero class is supposed to be. It might be like a new cultivation thing like we have Sage/Demon which gives you new abilities or skills or...gear? stats?

^ that's my speculation/assumption of it until we get the real information on what they are.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • freygin
    edited September 2014
    If it's an expansion, I'm more interested in new content and graphics overhaul using angelica 3, new race would need more money and more time for building it and then end up with more dailies to do, just imagining that already takes the fun away.

I believe everyone already pick their favorites among owned chars and made it as a main while the others are just for alts. All the efforts, time and money invested to it would be priceless, if this new race is too op like sins and psys before morai, it'd be very disappointing, sin with standard aps gears even until now imo is still overpowering at somewhat midgame pvp and still useful for ganking someone and only attack after apoth and genie have been used.

For moon fairy, she can channel skill when moving. Sounds like OP to me >_<' I hope it fits in without breaking the game mechanic too much, well, if it's really an expansion though :)
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    However 'old' and 'outdated' this game might have been when it comes to graphics as some people rage it is, I'll be really sad to see it completely changed over and 'upgraded' with nothing being the same.
    Especially because these new races and classes truly lack in customization compared to the old ones. They always resemble their presets. (That's probably a big deal only for me though)

Definitely weary of this, as much as I'm trying to be excited I can't. Oh, well. Yay for joining the minority. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    However 'old' and 'outdated' this game might have been when it comes to graphics as some people rage it is, I'll be really sad to see it completely changed over and 'upgraded' with nothing being the same.
    Especially because these new races and classes truly lack in customization compared to the old ones. They always resemble their presets. (That's probably a big deal only for me though)

Definitely weary of this, as much as I'm trying to be excited I can't. Oh, well. Yay for joining the minority. :)

Eva b:dirty

I'm neutral towards the graphics update right now because we haven't seen any screenshots of the new graphics yet so I have no idea what to expect.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Eva b:dirty

I'm neutral towards the graphics update right now because we haven't seen any screenshots of the new graphics yet so I have no idea what to expect.
    Desfluuuuff~ b:cute *cuddles your gorgeous tail*

But yeah, I should be neutral too given the lack of... Solid information/images about what will come around. I just generally expect the worst. Guess we'll see!

Just hoping they won't take away our fluffiness. b:sad Or replace the little red fox with that... Thing... I've seen somewhere. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Sofar we only saw Artwork of the updated classes right? Artwork is nothing compared to actually in-game characters. I'm pretty sure the final results will look a lot different as they always do. Who knows there are some new secret customization tools incoming with free makeover scrolls b:avoid
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    free makeover scrolls
    The magic words! b:laugh

An update to the old races' hairstyles texture/style would be greatly desirable, that could actually make a lot of people happy. Nothing to complain about there.
    It's just the new eye makeup/eyebrows that are difficult to match or downright ugly in some cases I'm scared about...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hopefully there wouldn't tooooo drastic of graphical changes to our characters, I like how mine look. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freygin
    edited September 2014

Couldn't agree more, I hope if the graphics got upgraded, our char customization still have the resemblance of the old char but with better graphics of course.

Like if we play a game title and then there is a sequel and the graphics got improved, most of the time we'll like it, for example mortal kombat 1 or street fighter 1, compared to today version, the characters look much better, well..probably not the best example but similiar to that :D
  • hugmachine
    hugmachine Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    from what I found this will be a game for tablets and iphones.
  • gamer4jesus
    gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is the new game engine more or less laggy (resource hog)?
  • AiriJen - Heavens Tear
    AiriJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hope this game looks exactly like PWI and not some ether saga or JD or even FW or it will loose its feel. With those armors though it looks like its going that way
    Swasie- RA 100 R9 Cleric.....Arsoli-81 Seeker
    Arjunro-RA 100 R8 Sin..........LineWarZ-90 Archer
    Madian-101 R9 Bm.............NecroBurn-93 Psy
    ArsoliCeli-100 Wiz...............VioletHeartS-100 Myst
    AiriJen-RA 100 Veno.........
  • dwarfulescu
    dwarfulescu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just like Lineage had Lineage 2 maybe PW will get PW2 . Which could mean a new game with much better graphics and stuff. (also the hero / olympiad seems to be taken from Lineage 2 as well)
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Based on translations from Mel, I have fairly large doubts that this will be a new game. It's most likely an expansion, being touted as a second iteration due to the graphical updates.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic