[Maintenance Discussion]-9-2-14 COMPLETE

Comments

• Wolfloup - Dreamweaver
    Wolfloup - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hmm, favorite animated show, or american cartoon?.....Bubblegum Crisis/Crash series....b:bye
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    well I never had that problem with chat I think its my game settings I read somewhere if you go into options "U" and then "Game" tab and un-tic system from all the boxes and tic system in general it wont glitch on you no more.

and my settings was like that forever so it must work, I hate having it show me drops when I am trying to read chat :P hope that helps.

Well, I did that fix, but its kinda annoying that I have to tune the setting again each time I got into squad, otherwise I wont be able to see who joins/left/dced in squad, or who getting the drops b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Zynes - Dreamweaver
    Zynes - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is there any Word on the Engaving Necks at the Jewlcraftsman NPC... it was mentioned in the patch notes and no word has been shed on this topic....?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Well, I did that fix, but its kinda annoying that I have to tune the setting again each time I got into squad, otherwise I wont be able to see who joins/left/dced in squad, or who getting the drops b:surrender

Could put it on in the "general" window and use that to check. :D
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Foxyas - Dreamweaver
    Foxyas - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thank you for leaving FC as is! Loving how everyone actually hates PLAYING THE GAME AS IT SHOULD BE <3 Loving the last 2 weeks, been so fun without seeing FC spammed in WC daily for sell.
  • Thilina - Archosaur
    Thilina - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Personally, I don't really care about hypers being enabled in FC or not but it's funny to see people justifying the inability to use hypers in FC with "it's how the game was made, and you should play the way it is", and then those same people go around QQing about Tidal, Elimination, Bramble in pvp, stealth, Archers, Seekers and the "pay to win" side of PWI. Aren't those also part of how the game was meant to be played..?
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    Personally, I don't really care about hypers being enabled in FC or not but it's funny to see people justifying the inability to use hypers in FC with "it's how the game was made, and you should play the way it is", and then those same people go around QQing about Tidal, Elimination, Bramble in pvp, stealth, Archers, Seekers and the "pay to win" side of PWI. Aren't those also part of how the game was meant to be played..?

Considering China doesn't sell packs due to local laws there, has a harder time getting even base R9 (they can't P2W it like we can here) and so on.... they're kinda right about it not being how the game was meant to be played. b:chuckle
  • Thilina - Archosaur
    Thilina - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Considering China doesn't sell packs due to local laws there, has a harder time getting even base R9 (they can't P2W it like we can here) and so on.... they're kinda right about it not being how the game was meant to be played. b:chuckle

I stand corrected.. on that part. Nobody would be happier than I if the pay to win factor was removed. The rest of it still counts though. :D
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    I stand corrected.. on that part. Nobody would be happier than I if the pay to win factor was removed. The rest of it still counts though. :D

I'm so-so on the rest as some of it is more balance than about how the game should be played.

Venomancers had swimming mastery once upon a time, but now we don't anymore. Same with open world bramble. On the flip side, sins used to be able to triple spark in stealth just fine for a while (and we could have claimed at the time that that's how it was meant to be) but then that got nerfed and now they can't. Same with things like genies in general (they had both a major skill AND mechanic overhaul after all) and so on.

I think if you used a different example like... um... people who complain about "openers" for instances so they can solo them. Even though the fact you need members for "squad mode", which is a kinda self explanatory name in and of itself, indicates enough that running them with an actual squad is how it was meant to be done. An example like that would be much better to support your point than what you have now. At least, to me anyways.

Edit: Not to say I feel strongly one way or the other about the opening thing. Just it's the first example I could think of that can really be considered about how the game should be played instead of a balance thing.
  • Lyllithe - Harshlands
    Lyllithe - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey all,

Maintenance will run the usual times tonight, from 11PM PDT - 2AM PDT.

Time Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140902T23&p1=224&ah=3

Patch Notes:

*Massaca Seben in the Lunar Glade no longer has the "Vile" prefix in the normal version of the fight.
    *The game font has been restored to its previous state.

Maintenance Question: What was or is your favorite cartoon, and why?

Ok cool text is going to be fixed great.... ur takeing out the name *vile* in lunar awsome not really that big of a deal can we not get a patch from china that fixes something usefull? like hypers in fcc or i dunno maybe the stupid chat lock glitch seriously?!? Come on guys this is getting stupid servers are becomeing more dead each update do u not like makeing money off people that play this game? PLZ COME UP WITH A PATCH THAT ACTUALLY FIXES /DOES THINGS THAT MATTER!?? That would be awsome. thanks that is all
  • chloehart
    chloehart Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maintenance Question: What was or is your favorite cartoon, and why?[/QUOTE]

No to cartoons. Only anime. b:dirtyb:kissb:victory
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Hey all,

Maintenance will run the usual times tonight, from 11PM PDT - 2AM PDT.

Time Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140902T23&p1=224&ah=3

Patch Notes:

*Massaca Seben in the Lunar Glade no longer has the "Vile" prefix in the normal version of the fight.
    *The game font has been restored to its previous state.

As a child? I'd have to say Rocko's Modern Life and Animaniacs. The humor was pretty subversive compared to other stuff around, at the time. And also really absurd and silly. Now that i'm a adult I realize they had plenty of adult humor as well, making them even more subversive than I originally though. I just didn't get t at the time though. For example the Animaniacs "fingerprints" joke.

Nowadays I'd have to say the Simpsons.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    Ok cool text is going to be fixed great.... ur takeing out the name *vile* in lunar awsome not really that big of a deal can we not get a patch from china that fixes something usefull? like hypers in fcc or i dunno maybe the stupid chat lock glitch seriously?!? Come on guys this is getting stupid servers are becomeing more dead each update do u not like makeing money off people that play this game? PLZ COME UP WITH A PATCH THAT ACTUALLY FIXES /DOES THINGS THAT MATTER!?? That would be awsome. thanks that is all

This is going to sound like I'm trolling you... and for that, I apologize, but please direct all complaints about the contents (or lack thereof) of our patches to http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/forum-36-1.html as they're the ones who determine if we get a patch, when we get a patch, and what's in our patch. All we get to control as far as patches go can be summarized with, "Minor localization changes".

fingerprints
    I don't think so.

Besides, we'd love to give you the bird but the network censors wouldn't allow it. b:laugh
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2014

From what he posted earlier in another thread a few days ago, hypers working in fcc was the glitch and was never meant to be a exp instance. I think what that means is the original dev's(or recently replaced ones) did not mean for fcc to be a exp instance but a farming one. Would have to look at the rage threads when all the mats were taking out of fcc to see if that is true or not. fcc was already a exp instance when I joined and was before my time.
    This is going to sound like I'm trolling you... and for that, I apologize, but please direct all complaints about the contents (or lack thereof) of our patches to http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/forum-36-1.html as they're the ones who determine if we get a patch, when we get a patch, and what's in our patch. All we get to control as far as patches go can be summarized with, "Minor localization changes".

I don't think so.

Besides, we'd love to give you the bird but the network censors wouldn't allow it. b:laugh

or go to pwrd directly to the head but, that could be just going to the same place idk b:shocked
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • inagi
    inagi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thank you for leaving FC as is! Loving how everyone actually hates PLAYING THE GAME AS IT SHOULD BE <3 Loving the last 2 weeks, been so fun without seeing FC spammed in WC daily for sell.

I think it's ironic that if you were still leveling your characters you'd probably be going crazy right now, but since you're done leveling you're just going to be an *** about it. Haha.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I don't think so.

Goodnight, everybody.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can't name just one. A toss up between a few:

Wacky Races

Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines

Tom and Jerry

Rabbit Fire

Rabbit Seasoning

Duck! Rabbit, Duck!

Rabbit Rampage

Duck Amuck
  • trollerest
    trollerest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I liked the one called DQ Rewards systems. To bad it has been taken away with promises of a replacement that will never arrive.

Fav cartoon is Southpark, cause they dont give a ****.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Correlation does not = causation. I have to disagree. If China did not have such laws, do you think PW would still not "sell" packs in CN version? A great many, if not all PW's games, are p2w models outside areas with restricting laws... Therefore, I go with -supposed- to be p2w. The company has been very profitable with this model and I don't see it changing. I bet they wish they could get it into China with the growing economic power house it is today.
  • shauntee
    shauntee Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014

they don't need to sell packs even if they could, they sell enough here to pay for everything pwe offers and all the employees they have all over the world js lol
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Tom & Jerry

My favorite because they've made me smile for as long as I can remember.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    inagi wrote: »
    I think it's ironic that if you were still leveling your characters you'd probably be going crazy right now, but since you're done leveling you're just going to be an *** about it. Haha.

It's ironic that some of us are still rebirthing our chars even after hypers in frost were disabled and are leveling just fine. I'm on my 2nd frost free rebirth and I'm doing fine. Soon we'll be reborn for a 3rd time.

When frost became the hyper noob instance there was no PV, no morai, no primal world, and now auto cultivation. and etc. There are plenty of ways to level other than camping a freaking instance all day, every day. Try actually playing the game.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Enelman - Heavens Tear
    Enelman - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's ironic that some of us are still rebirthing our chars even after hypers in frost were disabled and are leveling just fine. I'm on my 2nd frost free rebirth and I'm doing fine. Soon we'll be reborn for a 3rd time.

When frost became the hyper noob instance there was no PV, no morai, no primal world, and now auto cultivation. and etc. There are plenty of ways to level other than camping a freaking instance all day, every day. Try actually playing the game.

here here i fully agree, i hope hyper fc is never fixed
  • nzer0
    nzer0 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014

b:pleased sorry on thinking diferent as you, you pro, you god of pwi, sorry, really sorry b:pleased
    but i like fc and want hypers back in fc, is what i want and i dont care on what hypocrites say about b:bye
  • RepubIican - Raging Tide
    RepubIican - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My favorite cartoon character is Seto Kaiba, because he always has a clever reply when asked a question.
    Not defined by our limits but by our potential
  • Enelman - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2014
    nzer0 wrote: »
    b:pleased sorry on thinking diferent as you, you pro, you god of pwi, sorry, really sorry b:pleased
    but i like fc and want hypers back in fc, is what i want and i dont care on what hypocrites say about b:bye

that repy is just stupid, only lazy ppl hyper fc and then realise they havent got a clue how the game works. power leveling should be banned until rebirth, im 101 rb2 and never do fc
  • nzer0
    edited September 2014
    that repy is just stupid, only lazy ppl hyper fc and then realise they havent got a clue how the game works. power leveling should be banned until rebirth, im 101 rb2 and never do fc
    Another pro show up, now every nab that is 100+ never used to be in fc hahahahahahahaha
  • Enelman - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2014
    nzer0 wrote: »
    Another pro show up, now every nab that is 100+ never used to be in fc hahahahahahahaha

your not wired up right lol the game wasnt started to make high level noobs that dont have a clue, learn the game the hard way like it was originally created, when i started plays we had no power lvling **** and didnt need it, we just enjoyed the game
    anyone the p lvls is robbing themselves from the full experience of the game

AS IT WAS CREATED TO BE PLAYED
  • nzer0
    edited September 2014
    your not wired up right lol the game wasnt started to make high level noobs that dont have a clue, learn the game the hard way like it was originally created, when i started plays we had no power lvling **** and didnt need it, we just enjoyed the game
    anyone the p lvls is robbing themselves from the full experience of the game

AS IT WAS CREATED TO BE PLAYED

the game wasnt started to make nabs wearing endgame gear from cash shop, wasnt started to make alot of stuff that now exist on pwi. so?
    who are you to say that i dont know how game works? I know right how it work, dont worry.
    I'm pretty sure that i know more about this game than you.